The Lost One

Por FallenBleu

A fourteen year old girl becomes all alone when her parents abandon her and she goes on her own personal miss... Más

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 1

61 2 1
Por FallenBleu

"Wake up! Breakfast is ready!" My mother shouts from outside my room. I stir and reluctantly get out of bed. I look for some clothes to wear at school today. I choose a simply blank black shirt and blue jeans.

I leave my room and enter the bathroom. I change my clothes, brush my teeth, and then brush my pale blonde hair. I finish getting ready and leave the bathroom.

I walk to the kitchen to see my mother eating at the table. I grab a plate and put some eggs and bacon on it. I grab a glass cup and pour orange juice. I take my plate and cup to the table. I eat and drink.

"Where's dad?" I ask my mom. She stops eating for a moment and swallows. "He went to work early today. He had a meeting today." She told me. I nod and continue eating. My father works for a business company.

He doesn't work for a very powerful one but it is still important. My mother works as a waitress at a diner. She loves her work, that's why she doesn't quit and get a different job.

"Are you staying after school today?" My mom ask me. I gulp down the orange juice. "Yup, today will be the last day though. Tomorrow is when we present our project. When I finish presenting it tomorrow, I'll show it to you. Ok?" I tell her while smiling. She smiles and nods.

I have a group project that I'm doing at school. I'll need to stay after school today to finish my part of the project.

I finish eating and put my dishes in the sink. I wash the cup real quick, but put water on the plate. "Have fun at school." My mom tells me. She kisses my forehead. I smile. "I'll try." I say. I leave the kitchen and grab my backpack.

I put it on and leave the house. I walk to the bus stop and sit at the bench. While waiting, I grab my phone and earbuds. I plug in the earbuds and put music on. I listen to music while I wait for the bus.

The bus comes and I get on it. I sit in the far back and wait for my stop at the school. I sit in the bus for a few minutes and see the school in the distance. I get ready to get off.

The bus stops in the street across from the school. I get off and wait for the bus to drive away before crossing the street to school.

I walk to my first class and sit next to my best friend. "Hey, Melissa!" Avery says and looks at me with her green eyes. I smile. "Hey!" I say back. I get my notebook out. "Are you almost done with that project that is due tomorrow in history class?" She asks.

"Not yet, I have to be at the library to work on the project. I think the rest of my group will be there also." I tell her. She giggles quietly. "Your so lucky to have Pete in your group. He's so dreamy with that red hair of his. He must be so smart, funny and awesome." She says dreamily.

"Why don't you ask him out on a date then?" I ask rolling my eyes. She hesitates. "There's no way he would go out with a simple gal like myself." She says.

I giggle softly. "Simple gal? Your anything but simple. Everything you do has to be perfect and sometimes you can be a drama queen." I tell her. She puts on a fake hurt face.

"I'm not a drama queen." She said. Her short brown hair barely touching her shoulder. The bell rings before I can say anything else. The teacher starts teaching the class and I listen, while I wait for class to be over.

Hopefully school ends quickly today, I just want to get the project out of the way. Class ends and the rest of day passes by normally. It's finally the end of the day and I walk to the library to work on the project. "Melissa!" Someone shouts my name.

I turn around and see Thomas making his way to me. He is part of my group in the project and he's already done with his part. So why would he be making his way to me? Thomas catches up to me. "Are you headed to the library?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm almost done with my part in the project. I'll be done by the end of the day. Why?" I say. He runs his hand though his black hair. "I was wondering if I could come and help. I have nothing to do today, so can I?" He asks.

"Sure, Pamela will also be at the library. With the three of us, we could finish the project easily." I said. He smiles and his gray eyes look brighter. "What about Pete though? Doesn't he still have to work on his part?" He asked.

"He has football practice today so he can't today. He did promise that he'll be done with his part today though, so maybe we might get a good grade on this project." I say.

I can see the library in the distance. "How is your grade in history?" He asked me.

"Ok, I guess. It's a B I think. How about you?" I ask. He thinks for a minute. "I have a C in history, which reminds me that I have to take that test that I missed last week." He says.

"Why not take it after school today, since your free?" I ask wondering. He chuckles nervously. "Mostly because I haven't studied at all. Also the unit for that test is really hard." He said droopily.

"That unit was easy for me..... If you want, I could help you study for it?" I offer. Thomas lights up and smiles. "That would be a huge help! Yes, please. I'm free tomorrow as well. Could you help me study tomorrow in the library?" He asks excited.

"Sure." I say. I enter the library and look around for Pamela. She's in the far back with books surrounding her, strands of her light brown hair is hanging in front of her. "I'm going to get books that I'll need. You could go help Pamela if she needs help." I tell Thomas.

He nods and walks away, I walk to an aisle of books and look for books that I'll need. After a while of looking, I find five books that I could possibly use.

I carry the books to Pamela and Thomas. Pamela is reading while Thomas is staring at the books on the table. Thomas notices me walking towards them and his gray eyes lights up.

I arrive at the table and put the five books on the table. Pamela stops reading and looks at me with her amber eyes. My blue eyes looking at her. "Hey, Pamela." I say.

"Hey, Thomas is bothering me." She says. Thomas turns to glare at her. "No, I'm not. I just asked if you needed help." He says angry.

"I don't need help and your bothering me by talking to me." She clearly states. I laugh nervously and quietly. They never did get along. He scoffs and looks at me. "Need any help Melissa." He says, emphasis on the help.

Pamela rolls her eyes and goes back to reading. "Sure, read this two books and summarize it for me please." I tell him. He smiles and nods. "Sure." He responds. I sit down and read a book that I got.

An hour passes by and I finished reading three books. I write down what I learned and Thomas summarized the books that he read. I finished writing about all five of the books.

I smile as I finished. "I'm done at last. I just need to go home and put it in the computer then I'm fully done. How is your process going, Pamela?" I ask Pamela.

"Great. I finished reading half of the books that I got." She says with mostly no emotion. She never did show her emotion often. "Are you going to use all the books in the projects? You don't need that much information." Thomas said.

Pamela glares at him. "Of course not. Some of these books aren't even related to the project. I just get bored easily." Pamela tells him. Thomas starts to argue with her. My phone vibrates and I get it out.

Message from mother. I open the message and read it. Are you coming home yet? Dinner is almost done. I type in a response. I just finished. I'm on my way home soon. I send it and put away my phone.

Thomas is arguing with Pamela while she looks like she doesn't care. "I'm going home then since I finished." I tell them. Thomas stops arguing and looks at me. "Okay, I'll put away the books for you." He says.

"No, it's fine. I can do it myself." I tell him. He gets up from the table. "I insist, after all your helping me study for that test tomorrow. This is the least I can do. I'll go home after I put away the books." Thomas says.

I hesitate before finally agreeing. He'll just keeping insisting. I thank him and say goodbye to him and Pamela. I leave the library and then the school. I walk to the bus and wait. The bus comes after a few minutes and I get on.

The bus keeps going until it's my stop. I get off and walk home. I enter my house and close the door behind me. "I'm home!" I shout. I take off my shoes before going to the kitchen. There's a pot with finished spaghetti inside on the stove.

I grab a bowl and serve myself some spaghetti. I put the bowl on the table and grab a glass cup. I pour myself a glass of orange juice. I drink and sit at the table. I begin eating. Once I finish, I wash the dishes and walk to my room.

Where is mom and dad? They usually are in the living room. I take my phone out and type a message to my mom. I'm home and I ate the spaghetti. Where are you? I send it and put my phone on my desk.

While I wait for a response, I should type in the project information. I sit on the desk chair and turn on my computer. I log in and begin working.

Halfway done I get a message. I check my phone. Message from mother. I unlock my phone and read the message. I'm glad you ate, your father and I went to the store to buy a movie that just came out. We're on our way home right now. I finish reading the message and I type in ok for a response.

I put the phone back on the desk and continue working. A few minutes later I finish and my parents came home. My dad had came into my room to check up on me.

I have homework from other classes that I should do. For the remainder of the day I did my homework and I took a quick shower. I changed into my pajamas and said good night to both of my parents.

I turn off the lights before lying down on my bed. I check the time on my alarm clock *10:53 p.m* says my alarm clock. I close my eyes while I wait for sleep to overtake me. I almost fall asleep but then I got a message.

I groan as I turn on my side to turn on my phone. Message from Avery. Why would she be texting me this late? I read the message. Are you still awake? I type in a response. I am now. What is it?

A minute later I get a message again. Sorry for waking you, but I need advice. Avery texted.

Advice for what? I texted.

I was thinking that maybe I should ask Pete out, but I don't know how. Any advice? Avery texted.

Hmm. I don't know. Maybe you should just be yourself and ask him out after school tomorrow. I texted.

Doesn't being myself seem too simple though? Maybe you could help me think about what to say tomorrow. Avery texted.

Gosh I would love to, but I already told Thomas that I would help him study for a history test tomorrow after school. I texted.

Thomas? Do you mean that guy who likes you and is also in your group project?! Avery texted. I roll my eyes.

Thomas is in my group project but he does not like me. I texted.

Sureeee, keep denying it. I'll come up with ideas on what to say on my own then. Good night. Avery texted.

Night. I texted back. I turn off my phone and put it next to my alarm clock. I close my eyes. Thomas does not like me. I think to myself as I drift to sleep.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

241 21 11
Imagine what teenagers go through when they lose their beloved parents. All of their emotions running through their body. Sadness would consume them...
351 12 21
A young woman finds herself in an old fashioned train compartment. She has all her memories exept for how she got there and where she is going, fadin...
1.1K 66 30
Summer was left alone with no family and no one to look after her. Why, because her mother and father left her in the woods in a cabin. She was scare...
298 21 19
A teenage girl that struggles on handling life without her parents and the challenges that come with with it.