Broken (A Niall Horan Fan Fic...

נכתב על ידי RelentlessChaos

**WILL SOON BE UNDERGOING EXTREME EDITING** *FIRST BOOK IN THE "BROKEN" TRILOGY* I looked in my step-father... עוד

Broken: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

377K 6.1K 2.6K
נכתב על ידי RelentlessChaos

Sorry, I know the point of view switched a lot, but I think all of you readers will really enjoy this one... ;)

Leave me comments and vote please! <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ariella’s POV

Every step he made towards me, I got even more scared. I couldn’t even move or attempt to run away. He had a knife in his hand. For some reason, I couldn’t process what was about to happen. It was all in slow-motion.

“No one will save you this time,” His words burned into me.

I couldn’t even make a sound as he struck my abdomen with the blade.

“ARIELLA, WAKE UP!! WHAT’S WRONG?!” I heard Gemma’s frantic voice yell.

I opened my eyes and I was drenched in something warm. I thought it was blood from where I was stabbed, but it was only sweat.

“It was just a nightmare…” I whispered, “Only a nightmare…”

“Are you okay?” Gemma held each of my shoulders in her hands as if she was going to shake some sense into me. I was so confused. I got out of the bed to stand up, and I only ended up falling down to my knees.

“Gemma, help me” I whispered.

The only things I remembered were loud sirens and Gemma yelling. I couldn’t decipher her words, but she sounded so scared. I let the blackness take over.

Niall’s POV

I couldn’t believe the lads’ faces yesterday when I told them that I kissed Ariella. I was replaying the moment in my head, remembering Harry’s face turn to one of absolute shock. Louis just waggled his eyebrows at me, Liam gave me a speech about how to treat girls right, and Zayn clapped. I laughed out loud and I texted Ariella for the second time today… I wondered why she wouldn’t reply.

All of a sudden, I got a call from Gemma. I answered it without hesitation.

“Hello?”

“N-Niall, I need you to come to the hospital. Tell the other boys to come too,” She sounded pretty shaken up.

“What’s wrong, Gemma? Are you hurt?” I asked.

“No, Niall. Something’s wrong with Ariella,” I heard her crying. That sentence was all it took for me to run out of my flat and call the boys.

When the boys and I arrived at the hospital, I couldn’t even make out what was going on around me. There was a sickening feeling in my stomach. Once I saw Gemma sitting in a chair, I ran to her and she hugged me.

“What happened to her?!” I asked.

“The doctor won’t let me in the room,” She wailed.

Tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes. I normally hated crying in front of other people, especially since I’m a guy, but Ariella was hurt. My Ariella was hurt. I sat down in a chair beside Gemma as the other boys found their ways up to the right floor.

“Niall, she’s going to be okay” Harry put his hand on my shoulder.

“What if she isn’t?” I asked.

All of a sudden, I saw a face come around a corner that I didn’t want to see.

Ariella’s POV

The white room blinded my eyes as I opened them up. This seems so familiar. I’ve been in this situation before.

The doctor smiled at me when I looked up at him.

“Hello, Ariella. My name is Doctor Wilhelm,” He said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I shook it and then he told me some shocking news.

“Ariella, you have a tumor in your brain. No worries, it’s very small and it’s not at all cancerous, but it can cause you to black out under certain circumstances. Tell me, have you been having any hallucinations or nightmares?” Dr. Wilhelm asked.

“I’ve been having nightmares,” I admitted.

“That’s what I thought. We’ll have your operation to remove the tumor today if you wouldn’t mind signing some papers?” Dr. Wilhelm suggested.

“Alright, that’s fine. Will you be cutting into my head?” I asked.

“No, we’ll be going up through your nose. It’s really nothing to worry about, dear. You’re going to be fine!” He reassured me.

“Okay,” I whispered.

“I’m going to go tell the others outside of your condition, is that alright with you?” He asked.

I nodded. He left and then the room was silent. I waited for a while before anyone came back in.

Niall’s POV

Garrett Nickelsen walked around the corner and, of course, had to come say hello to us. He even asked where Ariella was.

“She’s in a room,” I told him.

“What’s wrong with her?” His eyes widened.

“We don’t know,” I spat.

“What’s your problem, dude?” He asked me.

“My problem is that Ariella is in there hurt, and I’m not there to help her!” I yelled.

“Chill out, man. It’s not like she’s your girlfriend. She’ll probably be fine,” He said.

I didn’t say anything else to him. What annoyed me even more was that he even sat down beside Liam to wait and see if Ariella was okay. He really annoyed me. I can’t decide on why he annoys me more: because he’s a jerk to me or the fact that he’s taken interest in Ariella…

Everyone jumped out of their chairs as the doctor came out of Ariella’s room.

“Can I speak to a relative of Ariella Rayne?” The doctor asked.

“I’m her sister,” Gemma piped up.

“Alright, could you follow me over this way for a few minutes?” The doctor asked.

Gemma pointed at me and then asked, “Is it alright if he came too?”

“Is he a relative?”

“No, but please… He cares about her so much,” Gemma begged.

“I’ll make an exception this once…” The doctor said. I wanted to hug that man!

As the three of us walked over, leaving the rest of the boys and Garrett, the doctor had a stern face on.

“There has been pressure on Ariella’s brain and it’s a small tumor. We’ll get it out of course, and it’s not cancerous, so that is a very good sign! We’ll perform the operation in a few minutes, and all will be well,” The doctor said.

“Are you sure she’ll be alright?” I asked.

“I’m sure, but that actually wasn’t the main thing I wanted to ask you two about…” The doctor trailed off.

“Ariella’s ribs are much bruised. There are scars all up her arms, and even little ones that are barely visible on her forehead,” He said.

“What are you getting at?” Gemma asked.

“How did she get these injuries?” He asked.

“Uh, it could’ve been a, erm, a car crash or something,” Gemma muttered.

“That could explain the bruised ribs and the tiny scars on her forehead. But the scars on her arms, were they self inflicted?” The doctor was serious.

My jaw dropped. Had Ariella cut herself before?

“No, no, no. They weren’t self inflicted,” Gemma said.

The doctor’s face looked relieved for a second, and then he said, “Then what happened?”

“I’m not really supposed to tell anyone…” Gemma looked at the ground.

“If it involves illegal things then I need to know. The police need to be notified,” The doctor said.

“I’ll let you know if I find out more, doctor,” Gemma said.

“Alright, you may see Ariella after her surgery,” The doctor walked back into Ariella’s room.

“Gemma,” I said.

“Niall, I know what you’re about to ask, and I’ve been sworn to secrecy…” Gemma whispered.

“Gemma, please tell me. If it involves Ariella’s safety, then I need to know this!” I said.

“No, Niall. She needs to tell you herself,” She said.

“Yeah, well, if she hasn’t told me now, then she probably won’t ever! I can’t believe she doesn’t trust me,” I said.

“She does trust you – “

“No, Gemma! Obviously she doesn’t trust me if she won’t even tell me a simple thing from her past!” I told her.

Gemma’s face contorted into a scowl.

“It’s not just a ‘simple thing’, Niall. What, did you expect her to tell you her life story?!” Gemma yelled.

“Shut up!” I screamed. Her face looked hurt. I felt really bad, but at the same time I was furious that Ariella couldn’t trust me.

“I can’t believe you, Niall! I bet you didn’t tell her all of your secrets. Don’t expect her to just open up, you twit. Everyone has secrets,” Gemma said, and then walked away from me.

I huffed and stomped back to my chair angrily, waiting for Ariella’s surgery to be over.

Ariella’s POV

*AFTER HER SURGERY*

I felt a little weird after my surgery, but at the same time I felt fine. I heard the door open, and in walked Niall. I smiled at him and he didn’t return it.

“Ariella, what happened in your past that you can’t tell me about?” Niall asked. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. They were red and looked like he’d been crying.

He sat in a chair beside my hospital bed, and I touched his face. He put his hand over mine and just held it there.

“I’m scared to tell you, Niall,” I admitted.

“Why?” He asked me.

“I’m scared of what you’ll think of me…” I whispered.

And, cue the tears! I didn’t bother to wipe away the tears that were streaming down my cheeks.

“It all started when my mom got remarried…” I told him everything. It must have taken hours.

After telling him, a wave of relief coursed through my body. It felt good to have someone know.

“I can’t believe it… He hit you, and you didn’t tell anyone?” His eyebrows furrowed together.

“I was scared, Niall,” I said.

“You don’t have to be scared anymore. I’m here, and I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise,” Niall said. I looked him in the eyes and I knew he was telling the truth. I kissed him. He kissed back shortly, but then pulled away swiftly as we heard the door handle turning.

“You can’t hog her, you know!” Louis shouted.

“Hey Lou,” I said.

“Hello my sweet Ari. I missed you,” Louis said as he hugged me.

“Louis, don’t be so rough,” Niall said.

“Oh boo, you sound like Liam!” Louis said while sticking his tongue out at Niall.

I laughed. All of the boys and Gemma walked in, along with someone I hadn’t seen in a while: Garrett.

He flashed me a bright smile and I smiled back.

I called for Gemma to come near the bed, and she did.

“Yes?” She asked.

“Thank you for keeping your promise and not telling anyone. I’m glad to call you my sister,” I told her.

“Some promises are too valuable to break,” She said. We hugged, and then all of the boys wanted a hug too. I laughed as they fought over who got to hug me next. My life was going great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ariella finally told Niall! Oh, and don't worry, Ariella really is okay. :)

Garrett has come back into the picture and Niall doesn't like it!

To see what happens next, read the next chapter... ;)

- RelentlessChaos <3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

296K 5.2K 22
✓ (ONE OF MY FIRST STORIES. SUCKS REALLY BAD. I'M SORRY. CONSIDERING DELETING.) Harry Styles doesn't know the meaning of love anymore..His parent's d...
3.7M 80.7K 77
in which joelle d'amore is completing her final semester of university in the grand city of los angeles, california. when she finds herself in the pr...
1.7M 39.2K 50
{Being Edited} [Book 1] Valerie Styles was taken away from everything she loved. For three years, she's been locked away in a basement, tormented by...
29.6K 2.5K 64
Sequel To Alpha's Broken Luna [h.s.] Book 2/3 // "Calla we have to hurry!" I screamed. "Me don't want to leave Harry!" She cried. "Listen, if we st...