One Minute: Hausa Love Story

amatullahag

ONCE A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY "It's time" The simple sentence could be interpreted in different ways. Time? T... Еще

One Minute: A Hausa Love Story
OM 1
OM 2
OM 3
OM 4
OM 5
OM 6
OM 7
OM 8
OM 9
OM 10
OM 11
OM 12
OM 13
OM 14
OM 15
OM 16
OM 17
OM 18
OM 19
OM 20
OM 21
OM 22
OM 23
OM 25
OM 26
OM 27
OM 28
OM 29
OM 30
OM 31
OM 32
OM 33
OM 34
OM 35
OM 36
OM 37
OM 38
OM 39
Maryam's Match

OM 24

7.3K 885 91
amatullahag

It was relayed on the authority of Abu Dhar al-Ghifari, radiyallahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, said, of waht he related from his Lord, magnified and exhalted be He, Who said: "O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. O My servants, all of you are liable to err except for those whom I guide on the right path, therefore seek guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except for those whom I feed, therefore seek food from Me so that I may feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except for those whom I provide garments, therefore seek clothing from Me so that I should clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day and I am there to pardon your sins, therefore seek forgiveness from Me so that I should grant you pardon. O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as pious as the most pious heart of any one amongst you, it will not add anything to My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as wicked as the most wicked heart of anyone amongst you, it will not decrease anything from My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns gather together on a sector of land and all ask of Me and if I were to give everyone of them what they asked, that will not in any way decrease what I have anymore than a needle decreases what is in the ocean when it is put into it. O My servants, these deeds of yours which I am recording for you I shall reward you for them, so he who finds good should praise Allah and he who finds other than that should not blame anyone but himself."

[Muslim]

•••

Fahad: Officially Mrs Fahad Ibrahim Garko 🙂😉

Her heart was thumping crazily, as if wanting to escape her ribcage. She reread the message over an over again, As if it'll change the meaning.

"An daura" Echoed around the house followed by countless guda.

She looked up at the mirror, her makeup was neatly done, her hair tied into a neat bun. Hadiza jumped into the room, yeah, like literally. She jumped into the room like a kid high on sweets.

"You are now officially my sister in-law" she squealed in a high pitched voice, earning a small smile from Aysha.

"You look so beautiful, let me send ya Fahad a picture of you" she said bringing out her phone.

"No, wait! I don't have any scarf on" she tried to stop her from taking a picture.

"So? ai yanzu he's your muharram, I'm sending it to him" she said tapping on her phone.

"No!" She lounged at her trying to collect the phone, they fought for the phone for a while before the door opened.

"A'uzubillah, what am I seeing, you two are fighting like small children?" Mama exclaimed as she entered the room, seeing the two playfully fighting on the bed for a phone. "Hadiza, I thought you were the responsible one among the two of you" mama turned to Hadiza, with her hand on her waist.

"Wallahi aunt she started" Hadiza said innocently.

"Did not!" She shot back.

"Oh Allah, Hadiza can you please go and check with the photographer" mama shook her head at them.

"Don't send" Aysha mouthed. Hadiza gave her a mischievous smirk as she exited the room.

"And you, is that what you'll be doing in your own house too, in biki yi hankali yanzu ba yaushe za kiyi" mama scolded and Aysha tried to put on the most innocent look she could muster.

"Mama" She whined pouting.

Mama came and sat on the bed next to Aysha "My baby is all grown up" mama said with a sad smile "and now I'm sending her to her new house. I hope you'll keep all my teachings in mind and that of the prophet's. Always be patient at all times and never let a third person into your personal matters. And please promise me you're going to forget the circumstances in which you got married, and please learn to live with him as your husband. Promise?"

"I'll try" she said quietly after a long silence.

"That's like my girl" she said patting her head "let me call the mai gyaran jiki" she exited.

When the mai gyaran jiki came, she rubbed an oily perfume on her entire body and she was thankful that will be the last time they'll be having this kinda session. She used to love having this kind of body treatment, but she started detesting it when she was doing the bridal package. It's like a person doesn't have privacy anymore.

She wore a simple tailored ankara and then she used a big veil to cover her entire body - face included. She sat on the loveseat in her room as the guests kept trooping in, to see the bride and offer their congratulations, and she bowed her head muttering small ameens as they prayed for them.

The sound of local drums and calabash were heard from outside, and she sat on her bed. She heard the sound of cars entering their residence and the drums were a little bit louder as if to signify the arrival of some important people.

"The groom and his friends are here" her cousin, Fatiti came in squealing.

"Really?" Asma'u said.

"Wallahi he looks so handsome, God, MashAllah"

"He's here? For what?" She asked, she still wasn't ready to meet him.

"Iyyeh, irin you can't wait to meet him" they teased her.

"Anyway, they came to greet the elders, but calm your racing heart you'll meet him after they're done" Hadiza nudged her shoulder while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't remember saying anything on wanting to meet him" she muttered rolling her eyes.

"Oh shush, sister in-law your face says it all"

"Wallahi if you don't stop calling me that" Aysha warned starting to get annoyed with her continuous use of the word.

Hadiza laughed throwing her head back. She drew the veil back, away from her face before unlocking her phone seeing countless messages and other notification. She went on Snapchat, because she wanted to see what was going on downstairs and she knew some of her cousins will be posting videos from down there.

She saw a video of the groom and his friends squatting to greet some of her relatives, she couldn't see his face just a back view. She even saw a video of them in the mosque when the knot was being tied.

All the ladies in the room were busy conversing about only-god-knows-what while her mind was a thousand miles away.

"Baby sister" Hafsat squealed banging into the room.

"MashAllah, my baby is now a married woman" Hafsat said dramatically, even going to the extent of warding off evil eyes, Indian style.

"You really should stop being obsessed with everything Bollywood" Aysha teased, shaking her head.

"Its not my fault, their romance scenes are lit"

"Well no denying there" she too agreed.

"Don't mind her, she's happy she now has someone to reenact all those romance scenes with" Hadiza teased.

"Do you know that type of annoying pest you can't seem to get rid off? And it will just be there making annoying sounds. You! Are that type of person" Aysha said pointing a finger at Hadiza in annoyance.

"Burn!" Hafsat laughed.

"Don't mind her. She loves me either way" Hadiza said with a tongue out.

"If I'm to choose between you and a makeup setting spray, you know I'll choose the latter" Aysha said bored.

"Ouch! I'm feeling the love" Hadiza said with a hand on her chest.

"You bet" they all laughed.

"Amarya!" Amina, one of her overactive friend squealed as she entered the room running to her for a hug. After they finished exchanging pleasantries she sat next to her.

"I'm here to give you some lectures. You know, so you wouldn't go to your house not knowing anything" she said and aysha heaved a sigh knowing she wasn't going to like the so called 'lectures'. Hadiza scrunched her face before turning away from them, she too didn't want to hear.

"Please save it. I won't need it" she shook her head.

"Kut! Better don't deceive yourself. You know the first.." Her talk was cut short as the door opened and aysha was glad for the intrusion.

"The bride has been summoned to come and meet her groom" an aunt announced from the entrance of the room before going out again. Her heart was thumping crazily, and she looked up nervously at the occupants of the room. She'd rather stay here and listen to the stupid lectures Amina was going to say than go downstairs to him.

Hafsat slowly stood up and went to her adjusting her veil and whatnot.

They all left the room heading down, all the guest turned to look at her the moment she came down the stairs looking all so beautiful and ethereal in ways more than one.

The place was vibrating with voices all speaking together, filled with joy and happiness in such blessed and joyous day.

She knelt down greeting all the elders on the way before she was led outside to the canopy, that occupied a rather large space of land almost like a marquee.

With each step she took she could feel her heart pounding, wanting to escape far away. She didn't know how to feel right now, meeting her husband. It felt so weird saying the word, husband.

As they stood outside the entrance of the canopy the local music were then change to something fit for a bridal entrance.

"Wait" she told them as they were about to enter. She took a couple of deep breaths trying to gather herself, to buy time.

"You'll be fine" Hafsat as she entwined her hands together walking her inside. Her head was bowed down and her veil covering her face, she could feel the many pairs of eyes on her as all the talks died down only the music playing but she unwaveringly kept her head down not bringing it up. The girls guided her towards the seat and they stopped when they were near, she saw a pair of shoes walking to their direction and she knew it was him. He came closer and held her hand before guiding her to the seat, his large hands felt foreign as he held unto her small ones, she felt like shaking it off but she held the feeling, after all it was halal. He guided her to seat down and she had the urge to lookup and finally see him but she held it in. She kept playing with the edge of her veil nervously.

She felt him stand in front of her leaning too close for comfort. She was on the brink of hyperventilating when she felt his hands slowly dragging away the veil from her face. The flashlights kept going off as all their friends had now turned to photographers together with the actual phofographers, her eyes was casted down even after he had drawn the veil away from her face, she felt him place a chaste and sweet kiss on her forehead as he leaned closer to her ear whispering "hello wifey"

The elderly women were doing guda while their friends whooped and clapped. She raised her eyes finally meeting his as she let a soft smile to take over her features she muttered a small hello finally drinking him in. For lack of better words he looked sexily handsome, he looked dap in the babbar Riga he wore. His clothes were clinging unto his biceps and white was really a good color on him.

"Beautiful is an understatement to how you look and I'm glad. . . because it's halal" she blushed while ducking her head as she let out a small laugh.

He sat next to her entwining their hands together while they watched the guest dance and have fun.

•••

Hello lovelies,

'Is it to late now to say sorry?'

I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me. I know you've been waiting for an update, but before you start 'zage-ing' me, I can explain.

So the thing is that. . . ehn... I was sick, like so sick, like felt-like-dying sick, like cryong sick, like couldnt-look-at-a-phone sick 😂😂😂 sha you get the type of sick ba? So I'm very sorry.

But sha, back go the jist at hand.
What do you think about this chapter?
Is it good enough?
Or are they moving so fast?
Please comment your thoughts.

You know the drill,
Vote, comment and share.

Allah Hafiz
AmatullahAG ❤️

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A day after forever. Halima Ibrahim

Любовные романы

122K 11.4K 40
Destined for each other yet unsure of each other's motives, Sultana is arranged to get married to save her father's business and reputation. They wer...
❤️__۵BAE۵__❤️ Eve💝

Любовные романы

27.2K 3.8K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
Burnt Clay (A Nigerian Muslimah) Hafsah Dauda

Художественная проза

325K 3.8K 4
Sarcasm is her love language. Sabira, daughter to a socialite Mother and a too-busy Father, is a social recluse who finds company in a dark places l...
107K 4.8K 18
They were only supposed to be acting, it should all have been pretense, so how dare she fall in love. Falling in love wasn't part of the agreement...