Once Upon A Dream • K.M.

Da RejectsandDirections

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream." In which a hybrid and a girl can't get out of each other's... Altro

Cast
(1.1) White
(1.2) Sweet Dreams
(1.3) Markings
(1.4) Memories
(1.5) Nik
(1.6) Lights
(1.7) Dress Shop
(1.8) A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
(1.9) The Moment
(1.10) The Talk
(1.11) The Truth
(1.12) Goodbyes
(1.14) Boarding House
(1.15) Little Gilbert
(1.16) Invites
(1.17) Temptations
(1.18) The Distraction
(1.19) Family Ties
(1.20) The Lying Game
(1.21) Welcome To New York
(1.22) Dimitri
(1.23) Tattoo
(1.24) Heart to Heart
(1.25) Shots
(1.26) Party Crasher
(1.27) Steps
(1.28) Brunch
(1.29) Home
(1.30) New Rules
(1.31) Old Habits
(1.32) Blissful
(1.33) Flashback
(1.34) Secrets
(1.35) Dreams Are All We Have
(1.36) Til Death
(1.37) Do Us Part
(1.38) In the Night
(1.39) The End
(1.40) Runaway
Interlude. Gone
LIFE UPDATE

(1.13) Impasse

18.1K 630 117
Da RejectsandDirections

In the short time that Eden had been having dreams with Klaus, she'd learnt that what she knew about him from said dreams were completely different from the man she'd met in reality. They'd had conversations of many things, usually of what the world was like, yet the only time they'd traveled outside his birth home was when they were transported to the 1920's and as result she was pretty much used to the small meadow. So it's understandable that when she went to sleep that night and "woke up" to a large room filled with people dressed in very elegant, yet outdated formal wear, she was thoroughly confused. The room was about the size of a football field, with four large chandeliers lighting the room to give it a soft warm glow and six windows the size of three foot building adorning both sides of the room. Walking around, she spotted a large full body mirror reflecting the dancing couples and gazed at herself to see the new changes that had been made to her outfit.

The top half of her dark hair was bundled into a small bun with loose curls escaping it while the bottom half was adorned with bigger curls that fell down her back. Her dress was such a pale blue that it almost looked silver in the soft glow of the room. The sleeves on this dress reminding her faintly of the dress from the first dream with its drop sleeves and high neckline and a large diamond pendant necklace about the size of a golfball hung around her neck. She touched it fondly before turning away and searching for any sign of a Mikaelson.

"If it makes a difference, I think you look ravishing like this." Klaus whispered in her ear as she was taking in the scenery of a new dance. She jumped and scowled when she realized it was just Klaus, the one Mikaelson she was hoping she wouldn't find. She was angry at him for trying to kill Jeremy and while admittedly he did tell her that he was pretty much the bad guy, she was still upset that he actually did something bad.

He was more polished than he had been in his human days, yet more stuffy looking than he'd been in the 20's. His blonde hair was neatly groomed and styled into a small ponytail grazing against the back of his neck. His outfit was a dark blue three piece that fit him quite well but was not something that she would see men wearing today leading her to believe that they were pretty far back in his memory.

"I'm not talking to you." She muttered as she continued to watch the various couples dance around the large ballroom. From afar she saw Klaus' brother Elijah dancing with a pretty blonde in a blue dress. Klaus frowned slightly, turning her to face him.

"I'm guessing you heard about the situation with little Gilbert?" He tested, though one look from Eden confirmed that she had. She rolled her eyes, trying to ignore him. She had nothing to say to Klaus and while she wanted to scream at him, frankly she was too tired mentally to fight anyone else. While moping, she happened to lock eyes with a brunette man from across the room. Klaus followed her gaze and saw the man with a black suit looking at Eden. He growled, knowing exactly what it was that he was going to do. Surely enough, the man strolled over to Eden and offered his hand to dance.

"Excuse me mate, but don't you think it's quite rude to ask a lady to dance when her husband is standing right here?" Klaus wrapped his arm around Eden, pulling her to him possessively. Eden shot Klaus a look, attempting to remove his arm from her, but it was too late. The man looked between them, his eyes wide and his cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"My apologies sir." He bowed quickly and turned around, disappearing behind a door much to Eden's dismay. Eden yanked herself from Klaus' grip and glared at him.

"Why would you do that? He was cute." She groaned, crossing her arms, watching as Klaus laughed.

"You didn't honestly think I would let him dance with the prettiest girl at the ball when she so obviously belongs on my arm, now did you?" Eden felt blood rush to her cheeks and she cursed herself for letting Klaus know that the compliment had gotten to her. Klaus on the other hand, was also a little surprised himself that he let that slip. He had been thinking it of course because it was true, but he didn't want her to know that.

"I'm not a prize, Niklaus. I don't belong on anyone's arm and besides Niklaus you're an ass; I would never dance with you. You're the reason Jeremy left town and I'm not so easy to forgive that." She told him, causing the smirk to drop from his face.

"Oh come on Eden, let's not start this right now, please." He begged her. She rolled her eyes, not willing to let it go yet. He certainly had some explaining to do but she'd rather get the explanation in person so for now she'd back off a little. Klaus held his arm out for Eden to take and she raised her eyebrows confusingly.

"One dance Eden, that's all I ask for." He said softly, but she shook her head.

"No, I'm angry at you." He scowled.

"Eden I'm trying here, can you just cut me some slack." He said impatiently, and Eden smirked in satisfaction at his annoyance. She tapped her finger against her cheek, pretending to think.

"Maybe I'll consider it, if you apologize for sending Jeremy away." Klaus scoffed.

"I didn't send the little git away, that was Elena's choice." He stated, and Eden started walking towards the small arrangements of tables.

"Fine, then dance by yourself." She called back, but in the next second he was standing in front of her.

"Eden you're hardly being fair." She laughed humorlessly.

"That coming from the man who expects me to be okay with the fact that he tried to kill my best friend." Klaus made a face.

"Eden you've got to be jok-" One look at her face and he stopped mid-sentence.

"Alright," he said finally. "I'm sorry for sending your friend away." She put her hands on her hips skeptically.

"Now once more, with feeling." She clapped her hands together twice and Klaus looked at her as though he wanted to rip her throat out.

"If this were anyone else I'd have kill them by now." He grumbled, and Eden smirked.

"But it's not. You got stuck with little ol' me and I suggest you play nice with me until we figure out how these dreams are working or we'll spend them in deafening silences." He glared at her, but she shrugged.

"You may have a lot of other people afraid of you, but you've gone and shown me that you have a heart. Anything that has a heart is susceptible to emotions so as long as I'm here I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that you don't turn into a monster, Klaus." The name sounded weird coming from her, but it was the only thing she could say to get her point across. He glared at her for a moment more before he took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for sending your friend away Eden." He told her softly. He extended his hand out again, waiting for Eden to take it. She looked at his hand and then to his soft blue eyes before sighing and taking his hand.

"You are going to ruin me." Klaus muttered, but Eden pretended not to hear it.

"Be warned, I don't know anything about these kinds of dances." She cautioned him, thinking back to her disastrous night at prom. Klaus led the two to the middle of the floor and they stood for a moment before the music began to play.

"Follow the women, and when the time comes, follow me." He instructed. He backed up to stand in the line of men who were facing their dance partners and Eden followed. She looked at the woman on her left, her green eyes glued adoringly to her partner. She grabbed at the skirt of her big white dress and slowly dropped down into a curtsy. Eden followed suit, looking back to Klaus as he watched her amusingly. When she stood back up, his upper body bended into a bow as he kept his eyes locked with hers firmly. Klaus straightened up and his eyes shot to the woman on her right, his way of telling Eden to watch.

When woman took her right hand and held it up, Eden mirrored her precisely and became a little spooked when she felt Klaus' hand against her own. He pulled her forward slightly and she stepped into his arms as they wrapped themselves around her waist, spinning her a few feet from where they started. His left arm stayed on her waist and applied pressure, making Eden step to the side to avoid it but his other arm came out to repeat the action. She caught onto what he was doing and swayed along with him. His left arm came up as the other went behind his back. She followed suit, pulling her left arm up and they span again as his right arm caught her waist and they were spinning around the room soon enough with the rest of the room.

"Not bad." He commented, and he meant it. While she was still far from perfecting this dance, he saw that Eden was a quick learning and watching her spin around was a little amusing to him. Eden shrugged, letting him pull her to his chest. His hand locked with Eden's and he spun her, causing her back to press against his chest as he held their left arm out. Eden watched the women in front of her and followed them as they took their partner's arm. Klaus' hand was already waiting for hers and when he noticed that she'd gotten the hang of the dance he chuckled lightly.

"Laugh it up Nik, this is the only dance you'll ever get." He sighed in her ear, causing shivers to run down her spine. The woman in front of Eden turned around to face her partner and Eden did the same, meeting Klaus' blue eyes.

"Strangely enough, I don't think that is true. Though honestly, I can't wait to do more of a modern dance with you." Eden scoffed.

"Please, like I would dare let you that close to me." They stepped apart and then closed the space once again in the same breath.

"You seem to be letting me pretty close as it is now." He teased and she rolled her eyes.

"This is a dream, it is the only place you'll ever get this close." Klaus thought for a moment but then nodded his head.

"If you say so. Frankly I've always been a fan of the chase." She snorted.

"There's no chase Niklaus." She deadpanned.

"We shall see." He replied slyly, spinning the girl around. The music began to slow and Klaus started to falter in the pace of his steps. The music came to an end, and Klaus broke hands with her, bowing. She followed the women and curtsied out of respect, though she currently was debating on how much she had for him.

"Very nice Eden, you almost fit in." Klaus complimented as the two strolled off the dance floor.

Eden smiled in triumph. "I've always wondered what these stuffy things were like." She mused thoughtfully.

"Well usually I wasn't one to attend, but as you saw, my brother asked for me to go." Eden looked around, searching for Elijah but came up empty.

"Where is he?" She asked, but Klaus shrugged.

"Probably off somewhere with Katerina, the poor bloke." He sighed out, pouring himself a drink. Eden's eyes widened.

"You mean Katherine? Like the one that was impersonating Elena yesterday?" Klaus nodded, taking a sip of his drink.

"Where are we?" She asked, look around in amazement.

"England. Early-1500's. Back before Katerina was turned." Eden looked around in shock. She knew that they were pretty far back in time, but she had no idea that Katherine was so old. She opened her mouth to say something else but was interrupted by a blinding bright light that was growing so bright that she could barely look at it.

"What's going on?" She asked, shielding her eyes as she tried to look around.

"Someone's waking me." Klaus' voice seemed far off and when Eden reached out to feel for him, she felt nothing but air.

Her eyes fluttered open and Eden was greeted with the soft blue walls of her room. She sat up, sighing at the fact that she hadn't gotten any closer to stopping Niklaus than she was this morning.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

5.9K 171 14
ALL I WANT In which he thought she was dead. [ The Originals AU Short S...
460K 10.2K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
2.3M 62.4K 56
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ❝𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨❞ ⎯⎯ In which Tyler Lockwood's sister is the key to the immortal hybr...
8K 67 21
Join Daniel on his journey with his brother Stefan and the hybrid Klaus and how he meets the rest of the Originals. And what will happen with Gina an...