I'm The Alpha's Challenge

Av juiceboxbrat159

Highest- #129 in Werewolf With a father who beats her at home, a sister who bully's her at school, a mother... Mer

New comers
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 Josh POV
61 Josh POV
62 Josh POV
63 Josh POV
64
65
66
67
67
68
69
70
71
72
Chapter 1 (josh POV)
Josh POV chapter 2 bonus
Cormac Bonus
bonus chapter (Levis story)
levis bonus part 2

33

21.1K 486 29
Av juiceboxbrat159

Amazing," I murmured as Josh stepped away from me, tugging off his sweatshirt.

He handed me it, rolling his shoulders to position his t-shirt correctly. I raised an eyebrow, but took it, shrugging it on. I inhaled his scent as I pulled it down over my body, the fact that it was at least twice my size never leaving me. "You looked cold." He said, smiling at me in his jacket.

I blushed. "What about you? Aren't you cold?" I asked.

He shook his head, his eyes gleaming. "Nah. I'm too hot ta be cold." He winked, leading me towards the blanket.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, running my hand over my braid. "Good, because I didn't want to give it back."

He sat next to me, stretching his legs out in front of him and turning towards me and chuckling. "Well, I won't argue. I have ta admit, I like seeing you in my sweatshirt."

I blushed, brushing my bangs form my face and glancing around us. "So you made lunch?" I asked, clearing my throat.

Josh smirked, leaning forward and taking a basket in his hands. "Yes. Yes I did. All by myself, if I might add." He said, pulling out dishes one by one.

"Aww!" I joked, "I'm so proud of you!" I snickered as he shot me a glare.

He stuck his tongue out at me, making me laugh at his reaction. "Hey, I'm proud of myself, so whatever. I made pasta salad, PB and Js, and cookies."

I raised an eyebrow. "Cookies? You made cookies?" He smiled and nodded, making me burst out in laughter.

He frowned. "Hey! What's wrong with that?"

"I-I hope yo-you ma-make good sandwiches!" I said in between laughter.

His frown stayed and his eyes narrowed, glinting with humored. "Hanna helped me make them, so yes."

I raised an eyebrow. "I guess we'll just have to check that theory." I said as his face twisted in nervousness as I grabbed one of the sandwiches. He squirmed uncomfortably as he gazed at me. I couldn't help but laugh at him, smiling as I shook my head and bit into it. I couldn't remember a time when someone had made me food instead of the other way around. His eyes widened as he awaited my response. I laughed again, but it turned into a whimper as I moved my ankle wrong.

His eyebrows furrowed together as he frowned, forgetting about the sandwiches. "Are you alright?" he asked as I leaned forward to rub my ankle.

I nodded. "Yea. I just sprained my ankle, that's all." I said, frowning.

"Here," he said, digging in the basket and placing an ice pack on my ankle. "Soo?" he asked, gesturing towards the sandwich in my hand.

I scrunched up my nose, trying to hold in my laugh. "Oh, they're just awful." I joked.

His eyes narrowed and his face turned serious as he stared at me. "Its. Peanut. Butter. And. Jelly. You liar!" he joked, his face breaking out in a sudden smile.

My eyes narrowed as I bit my lip. "Are you accusing me of something?"

"Are you accusin' me of somethin'?" He mocked, rolling his eyes.

"Hey!" I protested. "I do not sound like that!"

"Mhm…" he said, raising an eyebrow.

I took the bagged sandwich and threw it at him, hitting him straight in the nose. "Just eat your sandwich." I commanded, sending him a pointed look.

He saluted me. "Yes ma'am!" he said loudly and opened the bag, taking a bit of the sandwich. "Mhm!" he said. "These are amazin'. I'll have to thank Hanna for them." He said, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes, but continued to eat my sandwich. "Now, let's try these cookies," I said, reaching towards them.

He frowned, his eyes full of worry. "Uhh, can't we wait until dessert?" he suggested, pulling the tuber ware away from me.

I smirked. "Um, no." I said, pulling it back.

"But it's not healthy to eat dessert. Cookies are bad for you." he said, pulling them back towards him again.

I scrunched up my nose, huffing. "Whatever. One cookie isn't going to kill me." I said, lashing out and taking one. I stood, squealing as he got up to chase me. I screamed, laughing as I dodged him, taking a bit of the cookie, but spitting it out again. "Goodness gracious!" I said as he stopped to glare at me.

"What?" he chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. He took a step forward, but I shot him a look, stepping back closer to the pond.

"Did you, like, forget the sugar or something?" I asked, twisting my nose in disgust.

His expression dropped. "Um…nooo." He said, but his tone made me not believe him.

I laughed, flinging the cookie over my shoulder. Faintly, I heard a splash as it landed in the lake. "Next time you bake cookies, let your Mom to help you."

His mouth parted slightly. "Did you just throw my cookie in the lake?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

I bit my lip. "Nooo," I said in the same tone.

He took another step forward, scooping me up in his arms. I screamed, kicking as I laughed. "I think you need to go get it back. I worked very hard on that cookie." He smirked, an idea glinting in his eyes.

My eyes widened as I gaped at him. "What do you mean—Ah!" I screamed as I flew through the air. Freezing cold engulfed me as the sounds of the evening stopped. Bubbles floated around me as I sunk to the bottom—five feet under. As soon as I realized I could touch the bottom, I smirked to myself. I rolled over, pushing against the sandy bottom, flailing my hands around as I broke through the top.

"Josh!" I screamed. "I can't swim!" I yelled, realizing I saw only a couple feet from the edge.

His eyes widened in horror as he crouched. "Calm down, Danny. Calm down. Just pull yourself over here and I'll help ya up."

I chuckled to myself quietly. I splashed towards him, pushing myself forward with my feet. "Josh!" I pretended to sob.

"Danny, it's alr—" I smirked as I took hold of his hand.

"Gotcha," I said, catching him off guard and off balance as I pulled. I laughed as he splashed in next to me. He emerged a second later, shaking his head and spreading water everywhere. "Oh, not this again!" I laughed, shielding myself with my hands.

"I can't believe you did that!" He joked, running his fingers through his hair.

I splashed him. "I think you can."

He shook his head again, wiping the water from his face. "Now that I think about it, yes, yes I can. Whatever happened to that quiet, shy girl I once knew, hm?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me towards him. I screamed as he pulled me under.

His wet hair reflected light as bubbles floated around him as he laughed. I glared at him, but he pulled me closer to him, laying his lips on mine. I smiled, burying my fingers in his hair. Soon, we broke through the top of the freezing water, the cold nipping at my skin. He kissed me again before shaking his head to dry his hair. "C'mon, let's get out of here. It's freezin'." He said, taking hold of my waist and helping me out of the lake.

My teeth chattered as I shivered, and I vaguely noticed he was perfectly fine. "I—It's ca-cold." I stated, wrapping my arms around myself.

He smirked. "Shouldn'ta thrown my cookie inta the lake." He laughed as I glared at him. "I'll go get us some towels from the truck. If ya go gather some twigs and leaves, I can make us a fire." He winked as he began towards the truck.

I smiled, taking my hair out of its braid and shaking the water out of it. I glanced up, realizing that the sky was darkening more by the second. I wrung the water out of my shirt as I rummaged around for the kindling and wood. By the time he came back, I had collected a big pile near the blanket. He tossed me the two towels as he smiled, chuckling at my shivering figure. I glared at him as he crouched next to the pile, rearranging it. "If I get sick, it's your fault." I said, sticking my tongue out at him as I wrapped the towel around my shoulders.

He shook his head, chuckling again. "You threw my cookie inta the lake. It was only fair that you go retrieve it. Which ya didn't. You're lucky I'm not making ya go on another rescue mission for it."

"I think it was for the better. The fish might actually enjoy it." I shot back, grinning.

He glanced up at me, gapping. "Wow. That was harsh. Well, if we find out that the lake is suddenly full of dead fish, we know why." He took out his stick lighter, clicking it so that a tiny flame flickered out. He touched the dead leaves with it, immediately catching them on fire. "There. That should do it." He leaned back on his feet, standing to come and sit next to me. He pulled me into his lap, engulfing me in his arms. His sudden warmth ran over me and I snuggled into him, sighing in content and closing my eyes.

Suddenly something occurred to me. "What if I'm not allowed to go to the dance tomorrow?" I whispered, not daring to look up at him.

He sighed, kissing my hair. "Then I'll just have to come and steal ya away. Or you could just come home with us. I'm sure Coffeeblue and Iya are gonna want ta help ya get ready anyways."

I smiled. "That doesn't sound very fun." I muttered.

He laughed. "Well, those two ain't gonna take no for an answer."

I gulped, shivering, but not from the cold. "My father's probably wondering where I am…" I said, but pressed myself deeper into him. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to make dinner for him and force myself to realize that my mother wasn't there. I didn't want him to take all his anger out on me and then go comfort Destiny. I didn't want to, but I knew I had to.

He sighed. "Probably. I should get ya home then."

I shivered. Home. Not exactly what I pictured when I thought of that place.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

650K 21.4K 58
She is shy, no argument there. She is afraid to speak up, afraid of conflict, afraid of everyone around her. She is still special. But she doesn't...
8K 655 35
Sequel to Soul Lines Elliot Clarke can't get over the ordeal which shook her world to pieces. Though a year has passed, she finds herself clinging to...
435K 16.9K 27
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
47.1K 1.3K 21
A 18 year old girl named Paisley is one of the last Hybrids alive , they're a dying breed. At least that's what she thinks... When she finds her mate...