[1] Gasoline ✗ Draco Malfoy

Od -lovegood

THIS IS NOT A DREAM. YOU'RE PART OF A MACHINE, YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN BEING. [HBP - DH] started: march 7 2016 co... Více

epigraph
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
please read!
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
epilogue
author's note and sequel information

twenty seven

3.7K 249 34
Od -lovegood

Chapter Twenty-Seven;

All preparations were in place.

At the end of their Potions call, Seohyun collided into Draco on purpose. He'd dropped his books, as had she. "Watch it!" she'd snapped at him, while picking up both their books.

No one noticed her slip the note into his book.

Draco just glared at her and stormed past.

This was another part of the act Seohyun detested: pretending to hate Draco. Even now she breathed an "I'm sorry," under her breath, guilt squirming in her stomach like worms. 

Even though it was necessary, it didn't feel right after all they'd been through together.

Now Seohyun was in a disused classroom with her Ravenclaw friends. Anthony stood at the door to keep an eye out for Alecto Carrow. She always came by this way to return to her office. If they spoke loud enough, there was no way she wouldn't overhear. She kept her nose buried in all business of Hogwarts, including rooms that could harbour secret meetings.

Seohyun paced up and down, wringing her hands together. Her blood pounded in her ears and she felt ready to pass out.

She wasn't ready. She was scared. Even though she was determined to protect everyone, it didn't stop her nerves from consuming her. To distract herself, she drowned herself in her thoughts – anything that wasn't what she was just about to do.

"Alecto's coming!"

Seohyun jumped ten feet in the air at Anthony's sudden hiss.

She wheeled around as he scurried back inside, leaving the door ajar as they had planned.

Seohyun swallowed. Her heart rate increased drastically, and she could feel her palms begin to sweat.

Padma took Seohyun's hands in her own. "Are you sure about this, Seohyun?" she asked softly.

"I am," Seohyun said firmly. She smiled sadly. "Tell the others. They deserve to know everything."

Padma nodded, a little tearfully.

Terry clapped her on the shoulder. She could feel his hand shake on shoulder. "I hope nothing terrible happens."

"We know that's inevitable."

They exchanged grim looks before gathering into a loose circle, as though sharing information.

"So, the Carrows know about the team going out at six," Seohyun said, her voice loud. Alecto's echoing footsteps outside slowed. It's working. "Alter it so you arrive ten minutes earlier, so you can leave just before they ambush you, I'll keep an eye out -"

"Expelliarmus!"

Seohyun's wand clattered out of her hand.

They all gasped and spun around as though shocked. There, in the doorway, her eyes as wild as a hurricane and her face as red and furious as fire, stood Alecto Carrow, who held her shaking wand arm directly at Seohyun. Her other hand held Seohyun's wand.

"So," she said lowly. Her voice quivered in fury. "Malfoy's little girlfriend is a traitor."

Seohyun took a step back. "No," she choked. She raised her hands. I hope I'm a decent actress. "It wasn't what you thought!"

"Quiet, you filthy traitor! Silencio!"

Seohyun opened her mouth and found she couldn't speak.

"And detention for the rest of you!" Alecto screamed at her Ravenclaw friends, spit flying from her mouth.

Her friends dipped their heads and looked at each other nervously. They knew that this would be a likely outcome, but the prospect of detention with the Carrows was enough to send anyone sprinting away.

Alecto crooked a finger. "Park! Come! Now!"

Seohyun swallowed and made her legs move. Her entire body was trembling from head to toe. She could barely breathe. The world was spinning, and she barely focused on anything: she saw things and forgot them a second later.

Alecto dug her fingers into Seohyun's arms to the point she cried out, though her voice was done. She was going to have bruises there for weeks. With a fierce glare, Alecto dragged Seohyun behind her, as though she was nothing more than garbage to be tossed out. Seohyun almost tripped several times with the harsh manner Alecto yanked at her arm and the impossibly quick pace she set. Right then, Alecto was like a human hurricane.

"Tell Amycus to come to my office!" Alecto screamed at Professor Vector, the Arithmancy teacher, who was passing.

Seohyun stumbled after Alecto, her nerves making her nearly trip that much more. When they finally reached Alecto's office, she was flung unceremoniously into a chair. Alecto pointed her wand at Seohyun and ropes bound Seohyun's hands, feet, and waist to the chair.

Alecto placed her face toward Seohyun, her narrow eyes gleaming in spite. "I see your fear in your eyes," she crooned. "You are right to fear for your life. The Dark Lord does not forgive traitors."

Seohyun made herself meet Alecto right back in the eyes. She could feel her heartbeat in her smallest toe.

Yet she screwed up her courage for one final act of defiance, and spat in Alecto's face.

Alecto recoiled. She glared daggers at Seohyun, and slapped her across the face.

Seohyun gasped. Her cheek stung something fierce and reflex tears sprouted in her eyes.

Seohyun kept her eyes down for the remainder of her time alone with Alecto. The Muggle Studies teacher didn't remain still: she was pacing the entire time, unable to keep still. At times, low growls came from the back of her throat, as though she was an angered dog. 

Seohyun only looked up once again when the door thundered open and Amycus stormed in like a hurricane.

"So!" he bellowed. "We had a traitor amongst us!"

He gave Seohyun a look of such loathing that, if looks could kill, she'd have been dead ten times over. She was trembling, but looked him in the eye.

"You've been aiding the enemy," Amyscus hissed. "Betraying all of us. For that, you must be punished."

"Severely," Alecto whispered. "Only death in acceptable."

Seohyun closed her eyes.

So be it.

She bowed her head and breathed in deeply, readying herself.

I accept my fate.

Just as she resigned herself to her demise, the door burst open once again and a familiar voice cried, "Stupefy!"

Seohyun gasped. Her head snapped up to see Draco charge through the door and shoot a Stunner directly at Amycus, who toppled over like a ragdoll.

Alecto wheeling around, an indignant squeal of "You!" on her lips, but before she could say anything else, Draco shot another well-placed Stunner. It hit her directly on the chest and she too fell to the ground.

Draco breathed heavily, standing over the bodies of the Carrows, before he ran over to a still-flabbergasted Seohyun.

"Draco," she spluttered, as he untied the ropes that bound her. "What –"

The rest of her words were cut off as Draco pulled her into his arms and held her so tightly, he might as well have killed her via suffocation instead by the hands of the Carrows.

"Did you think I was going to let you fall into their hands?" he breathed. He buried his head in her hair. "Possibly end up dead?"

Seohyun laughed, tears in her eyes. She collapsed into Draco's weight and let him support her. "No. That's why I didn't tell you until now – oh, Draco, they know it was you!" Now her tears fell for another reason: fear for him, and her loved ones. "They'll come after you – and my parents – I did this to protect everyone and you -"

"Not if we put a memory charm on them."

Seohyun's eyes flew open. She glanced up at Draco, who smiled, kissed her on the forehead, and turned to the Carrows.

In almost no time he placed a Memory Charm on them. He grinned at her, an arm around her waist. "There. We can confuse them for a few days. Tell them you're in the infirmary. That will give us time to hide your parents – and hide you."

"Oh, Draco!"

Seohyun flung her arms around Draco's neck. "I love you, you genius," she breathed.
"Thank you so much."

"I love you too. More than words can say." He took her hand and began to pull her from the room. "Now come on, we have hide you before they come to."

Seohyun frowned. "Where? I could stay in Ravenclaw Tower -"

"They could ask someone to open to door for them, someone like McGonagall or Flitwick, or even a student. No. We're going to the Room of Requirement."

Seohyun could have hit herself for not thinking of that earlier. "Good idea!"

They tore through the corridors to the seventh floor, to the blank bit of wall Draco had shown her only last year. Seohyun frowned when they reached it. For the love of Merlin, she couldn't understand how a room could form out of solid rock.

As though he sensed her questions, Draco said, "Okay, pace in front of it, all the while thinking I need somewhere to hide where the Carrows cannot get me."

"Got it."

Seohyun did as Draco instructed and, to her utter surprise, the doorway came to life. She pushed the said doors open, ready to see the piles of old and forgotten treasures once more.

Instead, she was met with a room that was all but bare, apart from a hammock, and a door that led to a bathroom. A small book collection was on a shelf, as was a collection of paints and pencils.

It was perfect. Seohyun couldn't stop smiling.

"Wow," she breathed. She turned in a circle, taking it all in. "This room is incredible. I – I can't even begin to try and comprehend the magic that led to the creation of such a place."

There was the barest trace of a fond smile on Draco's lips. "I'll visit you every day. Can't have you feeling lonely."

"Can you ask Padma to bring me my stuff?"

"Of course."

Draco went to leave, but Seohyun grabbed his hand, stopping him. "Hey. We're away from the world. Stay awhile." She turned to the Room. "Can we have a fireplace and a couch, please?"

The room complied: within seconds, there was a roaring fireplace, and a squashy red couch placed directly in front of it. Seohyun beamed. Now they finally had a chance to be truly secluded from everyone else: no masks, so acts. Just the two of them, exactly as they were.

Draco nodded and followed her on to the new sofa, which was so soft Seohyun thought they were sitting on a marshmallow.

"I like this room much more than I did last year," Draco whispered into her ear.

Seohyun laughed and snuggled into his side.

They sat like that for some time, drinking in each other's company, and enjoying the brief illusion of peace.

**********

i apologise for the angst of last few chapters.... hopefully the fluff makes up for it! 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

287K 10.5K 41
five hours locked with Draco Malfoy, what could go wrong? cover by my beloved @drachoemalfoysgirl #4 in fanfiction None of the original characters i...
21.4K 500 50
Hermione and her friends go back to Hogwarts for their final year of Hogwarts but things don't turn out how they expect. . J.K Rowling owns everythin...
19.4K 435 57
♡ "𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲" ♡ all hp characters belon...
229K 9.7K 30
"The sunrise illuminated her face and gave her a soft glow, making her seem like a perfect painting. Her smile shone brighter than the sun, and he wo...