Roommates | Cashton

Autorstwa 1D_HarryStyles_1D

Calum Hood was the stereotypical jock in high school. He was the star of the football team and basketball tea... Więcej

Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Character Ask
Character Answers
Thank You!

Chapter Eighteen

659 44 27
Autorstwa 1D_HarryStyles_1D

Dedication: @dildounutapprove because I love your username bc Phan/Dil. Idk if you read this, but I just wanted to tell you that :D

Within the amount of time that Calum was gone, Ashton had come to conclusions that he was going to talk to Luke whether Calum told him to or not. It wasn't that he didn't trust what Calum was going to say because, in this case, he did. But he was going to figure it out for himself. His mind and curiosity was getting the best of him about what the captain of the soccer team wanted from him. 

The door opened, scaring the hell out of Ashton. Calum walked in, a smoldering look on his face. It somewhat scared Ashton because angry Calum wasn't exactly the most delightful version of him that he had ever witnessed. 

"Is everything alright?" Ashton asked with caution.

"Avoid Luke at all costs," Calum sneered. "He doesn't want to sit down and become friends with you. He wants to hurt you and make your life a living hell. And if I have anything to do with it, I will kill him before he tries to hurt you."

Ashton looked at Calum, feeling slightly scared as he listened to his roommate sneer and growl about Luke. It made him feel like his urge to find out whatever it was that Luke wanted was actually the worst idea he had ever had and he was going to go to Hell just for thinking about it.

"What did he say that it was he was calling me for?" Ashton asked, earning nothing but angered silence from Calum. "Please, if he told you, I would appreciate you telling me. I would like to know why he wanted to victimize me."

Calum let out a huff of air. "He didn't exactly tell me what it was that he wanted, but I know that it isn't good by the way he was taunting me and I don't want you to find out. I didn't press him about either."

Ashton furrowed his brow. "I thought that was the reason that you went to find him."

"It was..." Calum trailed, his angry gaze turning into one of uncertainty. "He threatened to ruin my soccer career if I were to keep disrespecting him and bothering him."

"He threatened you?! Calum, you can tell the coach. Tell the Dean of Students. He can't threaten to ruin your career! That's harassment and against the law!" Ashton told him, running to his roommate's side, knowing that the sport meant everything and then some to Calum. The last thing that he wanted was for his roommate's career and dreams to be demolished because of him. 

"I can't tell the coach or the dean, Ashton. That's just asking for Luke's wrath. I'm not really about that life," Calum said, crashing on his bed. 

Ashton stood there for a second, feeling like a complete jerk for putting Calum's life on the line. Now it was up to Ashton to figure out Luke's need and also to make sure that Calum's career wouldn't get ruined. He was going to have to befriend Luke if he was going to make sure everything was smoothed over. He just wished that there was a better way.

"I'm going to be meeting Michael at the cafe. Are you going to be okay here alone? You're welcome to join us, but I'm going to be helping him with an English essay," Ashton suddenly blurted, knowing that it was basically a flat out lie. He was going to meet Michael, but he wasn't going for homework purposes. He was going to discuss the Luke situation, but now it had a whole new meaning.

"I'll be fine. I'm not a hurt puppy, Ashton. I'm a big boy," Calum said, giving his concerned roommate a smirk and wink. 

Ashton blushed and returned it with an awkward half smile. "Okay, if you say so."

With that, Ashton grabbed his book bag to make it convincing to Calum. He felt bad for lying to him, but he needed to discuss things with someone that didn't have anything against Luke. Michael was that person. He would be able to give him the words of wisdom and hopefully a solution to this issue that originally wasn't that much of an issue. 

As Ashton walked in the direction of the cafe, his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. He quickly fished it out and saw Bryana's contact picture crossing his caller i.d. Quickly, tapping the 'reject' icon, he shoved the device back into his pants pocket without another thought about it. He knew that he should talk out his issue with Bryana and Anya, but he felt like he needed to get the Luke situation figured out first. He also was still a little peeved by them demoralizing his beliefs. That's just not right. It was on top of his pet peeve list - right after drinking out of his cup. That was something that pushed Ashton over the edge.

Once he arrived at the cafe, he saw Michael's bright red hair over in the corner across the room. He was on his laptop, working on what looked to be something to do with his computer class. It was definitely over Ashton's head. Quickly, Ashton ordered a hot chocolate, requesting for them to bring it over to their table instead of him having to stand there and wait for it. It would eat up valuable conversation time. 

"Hello, Michael," Ashton greeted, taking a seat in the chair across from his best friend. 

"Hey, Ash. You're early," Michael said, shutting his laptop lid.

"Eh, I felt bored and figured it couldn't hurt to be a little prompt," Ashton smiled. 

"So, what the fuck is going on with you and Luke? I didn't know that you talked to each other," Michael asked, taking a bite from the muffin sitting next to his computer. 

"I'm not really sure. He called this morning and left me a voicemail, saying that he wanted to talk to me about something. I told Calum, so he went to seek him out and apparently, he had threatened to ruin Calum's soccer career," Ashton relayed.

"Luke Hemmings wants to talk to you? But why?" Michael asked.

"I don't know, Michael. Calum came back with nothing but a threat. I don't want him to risk everything for me. I can assure you that I am not worth that," Ashton told him.

Michael quirked his eyebrow. "I think that Calum thinks differently about that."

"What do you mean? I know that I told them that he would have to earn my forgiveness, but he doesn't have to ruin his future. That wasn't what I meant by that. Just small gestures! The unspoken actions like waving hello or something like that!" Ashton expressed.

Michael just chuckled, confusing the blonde. "No, you oblivious idiot. I think that he thinks you're worth it. Like, you know."

"No, Michael, I don't know. I understand that we're becoming friends, but I wouldn't risk my future over something as petty as this!" Ashton continued.

"Oh, Lord. You really have no idea what I am referring to?" Michael asked, earning a quick shake of the head from Ashton. "I mean that he likes you! As in he wants to be more than just friendly roommates! He wants to fondle your balls!"

Ashton gave Michael a bewildered look, not believing what the guy just said to him. "Michael! I am not gay, Calum isn't gay! How dare you try and formulate some love story!"

Michael put up his hands in surrender, clearly hitting a sensitive topic. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I was just pointing out an observation. No need for you to get pissed off. What are you going to do?"

 "I don't know. I feel like I'm responsible for getting Calum in trouble," Ashton said with a frown. 

"Well, the only suggestion I can think of is to talk to Luke and get him to leave Calum alone. It's not fair to Calum that he's getting punished just for looking out for you," Michael said. 

"If he just wants to torment me, he isn't going to just up and stop. He'll make it even worse for Calum," Ashton pointed out. "That's the confounding variable in this situation."

"I don't know what the hell a confounding variable even is, but maybe you should just become friends with him. Do what he and Calum did to you," Michael suggested. "Give him a taste of his own medicine, but do it for the greater good."

Ashton looked at Michael, pondering the thought. The thought had crossed his mind, but he didn't think into it because he thought that was a barbaric way to do things. But now that Michael was suggesting that it was for the greater good, it sounded more appealing. He thought it through a little more, figuring that he wouldn't be best friends with Luke. He would instead get on good terms to where there wasn't a hatred and there wasn't a friendship. That way nobody would get hurt or punished for anything. All Ashton wanted was to go through university without drama. 

"I think that's a good idea, Michael. I'll do that," Ashton agreed. "But how do you suggest I start?"

----

Calum got up from his place on his bed, figuring that he might as well get himself ready to go to class. He thought that Ashton would've come back to the room, but it didn't appear that that would be the case. He was really concerned for Ashton. Without Calum, the boy was vulnerable to Luke's torture and that scared Calum. He didn't want anything to happen to Ashton because the boy was a fragile flower that was to be protected at all costs. 

Too tempted, the boy grabbed out his phone, deciding to call Ashton and make sure that he was okay. It sounded like Calum was being an overprotective dad, but he was only looking out for Ashton. Somehow, the wavy haired blonde worked his wormed his way into Calum's heart and made himself Calum's first priority. It was kind of annoying that he was so worried, but at the same time, it made Calum feel like he had some type of worth other than just being an amazing footie player. 

"Hello there. You've reached the voicemail of Ashton Irwin. I'm unable to get to my phone, so if you could leave a detailed message, I will answer your call as soon as I get a chance. Have a lovely day," the voicemail recited. 

Calum felt a little uneasy, but figured that he had his phone off so he could focus on Michael. "Hey, Ash. It's Cal. I just wanted to call and see how you were doing. Tell Mike hi. I'm off to class now. Hope the essay goes well. See you later."

Calum replayed the voicemail, hearing the uncertainty and shakiness in his voice. He didn't know why he felt the slightest bit hurt over Ashton not picking up his call. It wasn't like the guy was deliberately ignoring him for no reason. He just felt a little hurt for whatever reason. 

When he got to class, he sat in his usual place in the back of the room, his thoughts slowly becoming consumed with Ashton. He didn't realize that his feelings towards Ashton were slowly growing stronger than what they originally were. Perhaps he would go one thinking that he was only drawn to Ashton because of their living arrangement. Or maybe he would actually realize that he did like Ashton as more than a friend and roommate. That he was trying to prove more than just his friendship to Ashton.

----

Happy Valentine's Day, my little Cashton loving people! If you don't have a Valentine today, don't fret, I've got your back. :)

Thoughts on Michael and Ashton's plan? Is it a good idea?

Thoughts on Calum becoming more protective of Ashton?

**I HAVE A CLOSED FACEBOOK GROUP SO COMMENT HERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN**

All the love. -B

Length: 2K

Social Media:

Instagram: crybaby.larrie

Twitter: moonlitxharry

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

216 2 20
High school. Everyone's favorite time of there life. Let me just tell you one part of high school I dont like are the cliques. One of them being the...
1.9K 29 24
[EDITING] Ashton Irwin is a 17 year old college student who is studying music, more specifically the drums. He is currently starting his second year...
90.5K 4.2K 23
Ashton Irwin. 18. The loner. Never talks. Never smiles. Never does anything but listen. He is always alone. Has been since he was born and his parent...
1M 34K 38
[COMPLETED] Calum Hood. Title: Dominant. Ashton Irwin. Title: Dominant. Luke Hemmings. Title: Submissive. Michael Clifford. Title: Submissive. Best...