That One Summer 《 Vmin 》

By shinygem12

16 year old Jimin finds a lonely 16 year old Taehyung one day during a summer. Jimin fills the lonely void in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
I got tagged
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Tag alert
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Final Chapter
So the plan...

Chapter 12

7.8K 448 86
By shinygem12

Taehyung's POV

Jimin looks at me with pleading eyes, pleading to know my family, pleading to know my past.

And I hesitate. I don't want him to know my depressing past. The half of me that I'd prefer to get rid of. Would this information cause him to change his mind about me?

Mostly, I'm scared to remember. To remember the point in my life when everything changed for the worst.

Parts of it is a blur, but talking about it might make those parts clear, and I'm not sure if I want that.

"Please," he says as his eyes beg me to tell him. I sigh at the sight, finally giving in to his request. He really wants to know more about me.

He told me why he wanted to know my past, but I still don't understand how this helps are relationship as friends. But I'll tell him, if it would make him feel better about us, then I'll tell him.

"Alright," I say as I sit back down on the bed." I'll tell you. But it's not that interesting."

"That's fine," he says while giving me his full attention.

I take a few minutes to think about those closed off memories.

Well first, I can't remember what my family looked like. Our family was pretty average at best.

We weren't poor or rich, nor did we have a bad relationship or the most loving. But we here happy; at least that's what I thought.

My dad would always give me tough love when I was growing up.

It's not that he hated me, but I was pretty skinny when I was younger;I still am.

I was also shy and didn't talk much, so I didn't interact with other children, and because of that, I irritated a lot of other kids.

I would get into fights, even though I did nothing to start them. And every time I'll come running back to my parents.

My dad took me to play "manly" sports like basketball or football so that I would look " tougher".One of the kids that picked a fight with me even saw me playing football at the neighborhood park.

That didn't stop the physical bullying though. It got so bad, that my parents decide that we should move somewhere else and I get home schooled. Actually, the place we moved to is where I live right now.

I didn't mind not having friends my age, or siblings that I could always play with, because my parents will always keep me happy.

It was the same routine everyday. My dad would go off to work by giving my mom a kiss and rubbing my head.

My mom would go cook and I would help in the kitchen. We would also sit on the couch together watching action movies or play a board game in my room. Then when my dad came home, we would eat dinner altogether, and they'd toke me into bed together.

But my dad started coming home later and later. He wouldn't give my mom a kiss anymore, but he still rubbed my head, and he'd sometimes toke me into bed; depending on the time.

Everyday my mom and I would cook, and most nights my dad's share of food would be untouched.

My parent never use to fight, but now that I think back, they probably just didn't fight in front of me.

One day I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach when my dad left for work. I don't necessarily remember what caused the feeling, but it was definitely something in the atmosphere.

But we did our regular routine by going to the kitchen and me helping my mom cook, so I chose to ignore that feeling.

Next thing I know, I wake up in my bed with a terrible headache, and a awful fever. Everything just seemed like a foggy blur, but I remember this detail clearly like a summer sky.

There was only one person at the side of my bed; not two. That's when I realized my unsteady feeling was right.

My dad had left us that day. He never came back to our family, and instead he went and married some other woman and raised a family with her.

I think my mom felt like something like an affair was happening with my father, but she didn't want to do anything that might
have a negative effect on our families relationship.

My mom started to work, so I would always be left alone in the house by myself. When she came home though, she would cook my favorite food, and still find time to play with me.

One night I couldn't sleep, and I went my moms room, and the sight was heartbreaking. She was on the ground, crying in darkness. But the next day, she would always put on a smile just for me.

Since I was a kid, I didn't understand the stress and sorrow in what had happened to us.

And the thing is, I'm not mad at him. I don't hate him to the core. He left my mom and I without saying a word, so I should be furious with him. But I just don't feel it.

He was the one that made that decision, so I just excepted the fact that he wasn't happy with us anymore.

But with my mom, she-

Jimin, dinner is ready," Jimin's mom says as she opens the door to the room; and this stamps me out of my memories and back into reality.

I don't know when, but Jimin pulls away his hand that somehow came to rest on my hand.

I look over at Jimin, but he has head down. Then I make eye contact with his mom, and just stare for a few seconds, until her face suddenly lights up.

"Taehyung," she says as she starts coming closer to me. As I'm still a little in my daze, she places her hand on my forehead." how do feel."

I sit their awkwardly staring at her from the sudden skin contact, but I snap myself from the surprise, and out of the daze.

"I'm fine," I tell her with a small smile." I just didn't get enough sleep. Sorry to worry you."

"I was worried, she says almost kid-like serious."but Jimin over their was freaking out like you were about to die," she says with a little laugh.

Jiminie looks up at his mom, his face a little flushed from embarrassment. I wasn't that worried," he protested with a little pout.

His mom and I giggle at the sight.

Cute

"Thanks for worrying about me Jiminie," I say with a smile." But I'm really ok."

"Hey, that's what friends are for," he says with a huge grin." I wouldn't be a true friend if I didn't freaked out about your health."

"Ok fellas,"  she says as she turns her head left and right to look at us, then claps her hand together." Who's ready for food."

Jiminie stands up from his chair quickly at the hearing of the word food. He puts his nose to the air, trying to sniff the food scent like a bloodhound. This is the most hyped Ive ever seen him.

I laugh at the scene, which causes him to jolt his head in my direction. He stands there, staring down at me.

His mom already left the room to set up dinner for us, so it was only him and me in the room.

Whoops. I think to myself. Should I have not laughed? 

"TaeTae," he says as he comes to the side of the bed." Why are u just sitting?

Let's go get food! Jiminie says as he extends his hand towards me with a toothy grin.

I smile to myself and grab his hand, pulling myself off the bed in the process.

He puts his arm around my shoulder, chanting a little rhyme of different foods, and I look at him with amusement.

Hey Jiminie, If those depressing things didn't happen in my life, would I have still met you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5.2K 31
[C O M P L E T E D] Jimin is literally the most innocent 18 year old to exist. Taehyung is the most wild 18 year old you'll ever encounter. A bad b...
186 14 10
After going through a traumatic accident and getting treated in an asylum for years, Jimin finally restarts his life and teaches himself to give a ch...
14.2K 491 60
18 year old Jeon Jungkook starts his first year at university, where he meets Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, and Kim...
22.3K 709 52
16 year old Jimin fanboying over worldwide famous rapper Suga as soon as Suga digs Jimin out of the shadows Jimin's world twists around