Talking To The Moon

Od CaliSunset

(Lesbian Story) Following the death of her sister, Amelia feels alone in the world. She now goes day by day i... Více

Ch.1 -Ceremonious-
Ch.2 -Luminescence-
Ch.3 -Solace-
Ch.5 -Assent-
Ch.6 -Iridescent-

Ch.4 -Divulge-

259 15 4
Od CaliSunset

Chapter 4

-Divulge-

The smell of of strong coffee and bacon woke me. It’s a smell that I’ve gotten used to for the past two weeks since Stevie has moved in.

Getting out of bed, I stretch and let out a deep yawn. My alarm says it's still early. Normally, I would get as much sleep as possible before going to work. Lately though, I've been enjoying Stevie's company in the mornings.

After the usual bathroom experience, I make my way to the kitchen.

Just like the previous mornings for the last couple weeks, Stevie was dancing in front of the stove to the music playing from the radio. I laughed at her. She was wearing Winnie the pooh pj shorts and a red tank. Her hair was up in a simple pony tail, but she still managed to look like a model.

"Stop drooling and get some breakfast." She said playfully, without turning around.

I simply smiled and sat at the table.

There was a large assortment of breakfast foods waiting. Omelets, bacon, pancakes, hash browns, and muffins. Everything smelled amazing and I couldn't wait to start eating. Stevie told me, the first morning since becoming a roommate, that she wants to become a chef and has a strong love for cooking. Anytime she can, she'll practice her skills in the kitchen. That's good for me though, I get to be a taste tester.

"Do you know if Rob is back yet?" She asked me referring to our other roommate. Robert is a cool guy. Older than Stevie and I but acts as if he's a toddler. He's a night owl though. Works as night security for the local hospital from 8pm-4am unless he decides to work over time, then he won't get back until 7am.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "But if he was, we would be able to hear his loud ass snoring."

Stevie giggled a little at me. I don't normally curse but Robs snoring aggravates me to no end.

"So what time do you go in today?" I asked.

"Not until noon. I have to take the dinner shift tonight. I like the great tips I'm bound to get, but the dinner chef yells at us. I hate him." She frowned. "You?"

"I gotta be there at 9, so in two hours. Training is kicking my butt though." I sighed. I work at a clothing boutique. Eli, Janet's best friend, owns the store. I started working there part time after I turned 17 and since I'm not going to a university, Eli promoted me to assistant manager with a pay raise and full time hours.

"Oh the things we do for money." Stevie sighed overdramatically.

We both laughed and continued eating the delicious breakfast.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you something." She started.

"Yeah?"

"So I have a big, random box of stuff from when I was younger that is still in the trunk of my car. Since I don't have room for it in my room, do you think I could store it in the attic? I wou-"

"No!" I cut her off, hastily. "No one can go in the attic, it's off limits."

Stevie looked at me surprised. I felt the hot anger on my face, I knew I must look a sight. But I don't care. No one is allowed in my attic.

We stared at each other. Stevie's face looked between worried and confused. "Okay." She said softly. "I'm sorry. I promise to never bring it up again."

I nodded, but then thought of how I just snapped at her. "I'm sorry, Stevie. It's just that the attic is...well it's...I don't..."

"It's fine." She smiled at me, making everything seem better.

"There's plenty of room in the garage." I offered.

She nodded and we continued eating. I was thankful for the decision being dropped. I know I can't talk about the attic.

After breakfast I needed to get ready for work. After showering and dressing, I put on my badge and started to make my way out.

Passing the living room, I saw Stevie on the couch. She was curled up with a blanket and a book, she had in an ear phone. She looked cute.

I wasn't staring at her for long, but when she looked up at me I felt like a creep. I smiled shyly at her and she returned it beautifully.

"Have a nice day, Amelia." She smirked. “Don't talk to strangers. Remember, just because they offer candy, doesn't mean their sweet.”

I shook my head and continued to leave the house with a smile on my lips and a laugh escaping.

The morning dragged on at Pomegranate Boutique. It was the last day of my training and then Eli was going to let me handle things on my own. I was nervous but also excited. By noon, I was exhausted.

“Hey Amy,” Eli said, coming over to where I was getting a head start on counting inventory.

“Yeah?”

“It’s pretty slow today and I think I might close up early.” She started. “Take the rest of the day off and we can finish everything tomorrow.”

I sighed, not liking that she wanted to close early, but nodded. “Sure. Thanks, Eli.”

When Eli closes early, that means I get less hours, which means I get less money in my paycheck. Luckily she doesn't do it too much though. It was a lot more frequent when Janet was alive. They use to take off half a day and go to the beach or shopping or something.

As I was getting my stuff together to leave, my phone rang with Megan's name flashing on the screen. I haven't spoken to her since the graduation party, and that was about a month ago.

Reluctantly, I answered. "Hello."

"Hey Amy!" She responded cheerfully. "What are you up to?"

"I just got off of work. What's up?"

"Oh I'm right by your job. Meet me at the bakery across the street. We'll grab something to eat. See you soon." She hung up before I could answer.

I groaned in annoyance. I’m still upset with Megan about what happened at the party. Especially now that I know Stevie, I can't understand why Megan would treat her that way.

After gathering all my stuff, I left the boutique and made my way to the bakery. The bakery is a cute little place that I frequent called Heather’s Bakery. Janet and I would always come after I was done working or we would go with Eli if she was on lunch.  

It was only a matter of minutes before I was in front of the bakery and saw Megan sitting at an inside table, drinking coffee with a pastry. When I walked up to her she greeted me with a smile and a hug, acting as if we didn't get into a fight the last time we spoke.

“Amy! OMG I haven't seen you in forever!” She squealed.

I rolled my eyes and sat across from her. “Hey Meg.”

“Oh my gosh so I have big news.” She started. “I’ve been bugging my parents about moving for the summer. They don't want me to because they said that I’ll be leaving in a few months anyway for college. But I convinced them that it would be good practice for living on my own. It took awhile, but eventually I got them to agree! Isn't that amazing?!”

Absentmindedly, I nodded. “That’s cool.” I said flatly. “Where are you going to live?”

She widely smiled, a tell tell sign that I was in trouble. “With you silly.”

Shocked, I stared at her wide eyed and speechless.

“My parents said that if I moved in with you, it would teach me responsibility. They love you and they think you're a good influence on me. So yeah. I mean you have that house all to yourself so why not and-”

“Megan, I have roommates now.” I cut her off.

Her smile turned to a frown as she looked at me blankly. “Since when? Who?”

I gulped. I didn't know how Megan would handle the fact that Stevie is one of my roommates. “A guy called Rob and uh...well Stevie.” I whispered the last part.

“Stevie?! As in my stupid ass cousin, Stevie?! How?!”

“Don't call her stupid. But yeah, her. I put an add out for housemates and she responded. She’s been living with me for two weeks now.”

“What the hell, Amy?” She said angrily. “Why would you let that sorry excuse for a person, live with you?”

A wave of anger and irritation enveloped me when she finished. “What are you talking about? She’s perfectly nice and I haven't had any problems with her. Why do you even care? I don't understand how you can treat your own family like this. She’s your cousin, Meg. Stop acting like she’s a piece of shit.”

“She is a  piece of shit though.” Megan said, eyes blazing. “I bet she hasn't even told you why the family hates her, has she?”

I shook my head. “No, she hasn't. Honestly though, I don't know what it could be. She’s a great person as far as I can tell.” I defended.

Megan looked at me, still angry but her face contorted to a different emotion. Disgust. “She’s a lesbian.”

===========

Thank you to everyone that's supporting this story. 

Comment and Vote please.

-Gabii

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.7K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
77.5K 2.8K 31
He betrayed and faked to be fully gay to possibly get in my pants. She left me for a girl she met on a trip. And to think my life was actually GOOD...
126K 4.6K 29
It's not impossible to love a broken soul. But it takes a lot of time and patience. Inspired by : *. Take Me Home - Jess Glynne Alex is not your ordi...
18.5K 905 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...