The Flower Tempest

Da PrizellaSigunr3z

When Lilium Amaryllis Myrtus, an English Warlock had come to Mage Island for her coming of age ceremony she h... Altro

Prologue: Ceremony
Chapter II: Council

Chapter I: Partnership

57 2 0
Da PrizellaSigunr3z

The Partnership between Witches/Warlocks and Spirits or otherwise, varies from each partnership. It is possible for a spirit to offer a partnership of marriage to a Warlock/Witch. It is considered as the highest and most powerful form of partnership as the magical abilities of both bloodlines are combined. A Partnership could only be dissolved through death or extreme emotional pain. It is possible for both Witches or Warlocks to form partnership among themselves (For more information regarding Witch&Warlock Partnership see pg 150)

Priscilla Myrtus nee Litus upon hearing that her second child had found a Spirit partner not to mention it was The Ariel, the very spirit who had helped Prospero, she was very proud of her daugther whom she had fear would have ended as a lone Warlock with only her familiar Morrígan as company.

She did not want her daughter to end up like Hecate Lamia who only had her Owl as company. Priscilla shivered just from thinking of the most powerful magi in history.

Of course she did not expect that her daughter would get married on the same day. She remembered how happy her daugther was, though she suspected it had to do more with the fact she no longer had to host than the fact she had a partner, she was happy though the absolute clueless face Lilium had when her father had sat Ariel, great spirit be damned, and Caccina, bless that child, had talked with her youngest and she was left to deal with the aftermath.

For all of the wit her husband had, he had no patience and a temper to go with it. Which unfortunately was earned by her daugther, thank god it was dulled by her daugther's "think before you act attitude".

While Priscilla had thought about that, Caccina Litus-Myrtus thought otherwise. For her, Lilium had ruined her chance to shine as the greatest Warlock, no longer would she be able to join the ranks of Hecate the "Witch Queen" and Merlin "Prophet Enchanter". And it was because of her unbelievable foolishness in accepting a partnership so easily.

"That is why I told you, one should read the terms and conditions before accepting-"

"yeah, I get it" Lilium said in an aggravated tone as she stared at her sister. Her husband/partner Ariel was talking with her father.

Of course it was not part of her plan to get married immediately,when she had not even finished her course in diplomacy. Hell, all she wanted was to get a partner,someone reliable and she could tolerate just to pass the Trials and hopefully rise to the ranks of Merlin and Hecate (with or without her partner).

Getting married was just a minor bump on the road, if only everyone would stop freaking out (special mention to her goddamn annoying sister Caccina), Ariel was taking this in stride and so was she.

"No, you don't" Caccina insisted

"Yes, I do. Necromancer or not I don't care about what you think, Ariel and I could hold off the church wedding or whatever wedding and just sign the papers"

"Do you really think it's just that easy?"

"It would just be a marriage in paper"

"just?" Caccina was outraged by her sister's comment

"only the marriage part, the partnership is mutually real" Lilium said offhandedly and passed her sister on the way out of the room but was grabbed and Caccina felt her patience snap

"Clearly you don't understand the situation you are in. You have entered into a partnership with Ariel, The spirit who helped Prospero, the spirit who was been in hiding ever since he was freed permanently. Most of all you are the talk of the century! The Witch Queen watches your actions, Merlin has been talking highly of you! and now you're married to Ariel, accidentally at that and you just brush it off?!" screamed Caccina, in an outrage.

"You are making it seem bigger than what it actually is!" Lilium said in disbelief as she pulled her arm from her sister's tight hold.

"Because it is! Lilium! A Partnership is sacred, the closest equivalent of it in human terms is marriage! And Ariel just proposed to you, in what? a few minutes after meeting you? and you just accepted without knowing what it fully entails?!" Caccina had calmed down a bit but her ire was still there.

Lilium had grown tired of their conversation and she told her so "I, may have accepted it without a full understanding, but believe me when I tell you that I do not regret it"

"Are we supposed to expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?" Caccina asked sarcastically

"No, don't believe for a second that this marriage would have a mutual love of that degree or anywhere near it" Lilium said, her voice as cold as ice and Caccina couldn't have been more surprise when she  saw how emotionless and how true her little sister's words are.

Needless to say their conversation ended there with Lilium walking out of the room and out of the island via her magic. Caccina felt like she won a hallow battle.

Ariel had been surprised when all traces of Lilium's magic disappeared from the Mage Island, with the help of the wind he was able to locate her within London.

"Ariel, I could feel you, step out" she said only giving a glance from where she guessed Ariel was.

"Your magic spiked back there" Ariel commented ignoring the fact that his wife was only in her knickers.For a moment a fleeting look of worry flashed through Lilium's face before it was wiped off.

Filling the tub with water, she thought what to say without revealing anything. Ariel had been watching her curiously. He had thought she would have atleast been embarrased to undress or in this case to be in the state of undress but it was not the case. Lilium had no problem walking around the bathroom stark naked. 

He had thought that she would at least be bothered by the fact that he himself was naked.

"Lilium?"

"My sister was being annoying" she said this time allowing Ariel a whole view of her naked body though it was covered a bit by the steam.

"I...see" Ariel was at lost for words.

"Oh, I don't know much about you but I'm not sharing a bath with you" Lilium said as she took a dip in the tub and filled it with bubbles. Waving her finger around the air, the back scrub and other essentials for a bath moved.

The shampoo poured a bit of itself in her hair which immediately came to life and scrubbed itself. The back scrub started scrubbing Lilium's legs as the Warlock herself relaxed in the tub. This, Ariel watched in silence. As music started pouring inside the bathroom.

"What's the name of this piece?" he asked

"Cloud Atlas Sextet" she answered outstretching her arm to be scrubbed.

He didn't know when the lights had turned to candles but he noticed that the red candles gave a certain slow relaxed air around them, the lights of the candles gave Lilium a shadow, her lashes seemed longer.

Despite the sexual connotation the scene should have it wasn't. Ariel did not find himself aroused but rather mesmerized by the classy way the scene plays.

Lilium did not mind the fact that she had an audience of one. Even when she climb out of the tub and into the shower to rinse. Ariel just watched her and assisted her in changing her clothes.The large white shirt hanged loosely in her shoulders and ended on her mid thigh. It was oddly adorable.

The two of them settled into a comfortable silence and remained so until the first rays of the sun touched Lilium's face.

"mgrhsng?" Lilium mumbled as she burried her face into Ariel's cloth covered lap.

"Morning" Ariel greeted.

"nnnrhng"

"As much as I could understand what you are saying through our connection I think it's best for us to talk about our partnership"

Peeking out from Ariel's lap her eyes looked straight out to his. Sighing before getting up she sat a feet a part from Ariel.

"You were to busy looking at me last night"

"hmm" Ariel hummed and sipped his tea " Yes, Yes I was"

Lilium just tilted her head and pouted. Despite the domesticity of their situation, Lilium is not fooled by how there was no love between them. Ariel was simply fascinated of her, she was just in this for the partnership.

"I keep on thinking that you'll be close to the general human male attitude" Lilium honestly said. Even if they had shared a moment in the bathroom, of all places. Ariel was still just a spirit to her  and she was just that prodigy Warlock no more or less.

"We both know that this partnership is beneficial to both of us" Ariel told her and Lilium could not help but disagree.

"No, since I don't know what's in it for you" Lilium was frank "I like to think its company but if that was the case Hecate would do for you or perhaps Sir Merlin"

Ariel was amused.

"You mention her name quite casually, where others would shiver just from hearing her name much more if they thought about it"

"Hecate Lamia, The Witch Queen as she was dubbed by everyone, Considered as one of the strongest magician since her time. I don't understand how that could be such a frightening thing. She's powerful not indestructable" 

Lilium stared at him waiting answers for her unspoken question.

"They've become better at hiding secrets" Ariel said offhandedly "All you need to know right now,is that Hecate paid a price that lasted for a thousand years and then some"

That got Lilium's attention and curiosity.

"She's still paying the price? what could have she done that it would take her a thousand years and more?"

"That is something I can't divulge to you" Ariel said and prompted her to go back to the matter of discussing their partnership.

"You'll watch my back and I'll watch yours" Lilium said

"You really don't want to talk about it?"

"No, not right now" She stood up and walk out of the room to change. In front of her large mirror, Lilium look at her reflection. She wondered what could have made Ariel wanted to be her partner.

Other than her huge amount of magical ability she was average.

Morrígan crowed from her golden stand.

Master, The London Tower wishes to have an audience with us.

"I see, Magnus Lumine was the one who wishes to have an audience?"

Non, It is the Head of the Council herself

"Eunomia Decretum...what for?"

In accordance to your union with Maester Ariel

"Shit" Lilium cursed just as Ariel appeared in her room with the letter from the council.

Ms. Lilium Amaryllis Myrtus

Warlock of the Litus-Myrtus Clan, Wife of the Great Ariel

Your presence is must before the presence of the Council. In regards to your current union with the Great Spirit Ariel we wish to have an audience with you regarding the proper update of your status among Witches and Warlocks. As well as clarification regarding your connection to your spouse.

We give you our best wishes and hope for your arrival at 2:00 in the afternoon in the Tower of London

Eunomia Decretum

Headwoman of The Council

Horae Clan Mistress

"Lilium"

"We better get ready"

Ariel look at her in confusion

"Our partnership might not last for forever and a day"

With a deep breath Lilium prep herself for the energy consuming meeting she is force to attend as Morrígan tilted her head and watched from her golden stand. Even she knew that things are brewing.

Continua a leggere