CURSED....to be together! (CO...

Da HeartfeltFictions

Marriage is the most purest bond that binds two souls forever. But what if it's forced? Will the belief of th... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1: Change of Fate
Chapter 2: Let me go...
Manik's background
Chapter 3: It's a deal!
Chapter 4: How dare you!
Chapter 5: His secretary
Chapter 6: Giving her a chance
Chapter 7: Getting drawn towards her
Chapter 8: Deceived by fate
Chapter 9: Marriage binding us together
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 {Part 1}
Chapter 12 {Part 2}
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
About the story
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66: I was scared!
LAST: Our New Beginning...

Chapter 38

22.2K 1.6K 73
Da HeartfeltFictions

Manik's POV
I was at the office today, waiting for her. Will she come or not? She does need the money for her brother's treatment so most likely she will come. Just then I heard a knock, "come in." I ordered.

And it was her. My smile automatically made its way on my face as I saw her. But she looked pale, it seemed as if she had cried the whole night. If she also doesn't like the distance between us then why is she doing all this? "Sir, here is my resignation letter. I will serve the notice period and then will leave." I could just hear her sweet voice and I smiled even more because it felt like I hadn't seen her or heard her soulful voice for ages. But wait what!!!

"What!" I said as I replayed her words in my head.

"What what? My resignation letter sir." She said and handed over the envelope.

"Nandani, do you have so much against me that you don't even care about your brother's treatment?" I asked, wondering if she had started hating me so much.

"You are getting personal sir. It's my personal life, I can do whatever I want.....I have already applied for a job in better companies." She said blankly.

Each and every word of hers was pricking me bit by bit. I knew she was trying to do that and I had told her that it won't work but it is. I no longer have the ability to fight back at her. "Yeah..!! Better companies. I am glad you found a better company than ours. I guess the reports and statements were published wrong which stated our company as the best in india. But I am glad you found better companies." I sarcastically said and took the letter from her hand.

Without saying a word she took her place and began her work. My focus was out of its place. All that was going in my mind was Nandani. How to get her back, how to make her realise that she loves me to, how to make her see what I feel for her.

5 days passed away just like this. She wouldn't  talk to me or even look at me if it was not related to work. I tried so many things, act cute, get angry, emotional blackmail but nothing seemed to work. I was losing my faith for us. Was she right! Is this the end? I saw how she had marked crosses on all those days she had spent for the notice period on her side table calendar. Perhaps she was in a hurry to leave.

It was Cabir and Navya's sangeet today. Today I has to put an end to all this, I can't take it anymore! It's either now or never. And whatever she wants, I will do it.

I reached Navya's house earlier then the time and started looking for her everywhere. Just then I saw her and Navya getting ready. I was just about to enter the room but I stopped as I heard my name.

"Manik, he really loves you Nandani. Can't you see it in his eyes?" Navya said as she sat on the dressing table's stool while Nandani did her dupatta.

"I can't see anything. And even if he does, then he should just except the fact that his feelings are one sided and move on. Maybe he will find someone who loves him back. Perhaps then he will be happy in his life as well." Nandani said as if meaning each and every word.

I was already very hurt by the ways she has been behaving all these days and now to hear all this made me really loss myself. Yes, I tried to change but now things will go my ways. Because it will be the only way you understand me Nandani! You want me to move on right, then let me see how happy you will be when I 'move on' during the party.

Nandani's POV
I really meant it when I told Navya that Manik should move on. He too needed a life partner, who could stand by his side through thick and thin. Someone who can bring happiness in his life, which surely I couldn't. But will I be able to bare it if he moves on with someone?

The sangeet had started and surprisingly Manik hasn't done anything today. He was calm and it seemed he was having fun with his friend. But there was someone else with the gang to. I guess a business partner. But then why is Manik's hand on her shoulder? She looked quite hot and smart to. Dhruv caught me staring and called me over, so I went.

Manik smiled at me but I only cared about his hand which was on Soha's shoulder. "Miss Murty, I mean Nandani, meet her. Soha Singhania, Navya's relative and now my friend. And Soha meet Nandani, my secretary." Manik said.

I was hurt to know that is what I meant to him. Yes, i mean he didn't have to introduce me as his wife but he could at least say that I am his friend. "Nice to meet you Soha." I say as give her a quick hug and she to say the same.

"Manik, let's get some drinks." Soha said and snaked her hand into Manik's and walked towards the bar in a corner. I went and sat with Navya and the other girls. All the kids and adults were giving their dance performances but my full concentration was on the couple by the bar. They seemed to be having a great time in each other's company. After so long I had seen a smile on his face but I had lost mine.

Suddenly the music changed and brought me out of my trance. I looked at the dance floor and saw Manik pulling Soha, holding her hand and dragging her onto the stage. But she seemed to have been enjoying it.

Main daalun taal pe Bhangra
Tu bhi gidda paa le
Chal aisa rang jamaa de hum
Ke bane sabhi matwaale
Manik enacted as if he was singing the words to her with some basic dance steps.

Mann kahe ki main le aaun
Chaand aur taare saare
Inn haathon par main chaand rakhun
Iss maang mein bhar doon taare
Soha then acted out to Manik and circled around him.

Hello! Hello! tu floor pe kab hai aayi
Ye lo, ye lo, badi solid masti chaayi
Hello! Hello! too much hai tumne lagayi
Ye lo, ye lo, control karo mere bhai
Dhruv and Cabir to joined them on the stage with their girls and stood in a line.

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
koi dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan (x2)
The all did the movie step together in coordination. I smiled as I saw Manik happy.

Ye nain matakka tera mujhe bada tadpaave
Tu dekhe to ajj vi dilbar kudiye
teer sa ek chal jaave
Aahaa.. Aahaa..
Kar de bin piye sharabi, chehra tera gulaabi
Koi kyun na yamla ban jaave jo itni ho betaabi
Dad brought mom on the stage and sang it to her. She blushed and tried to hide but I guess dad was in his romantic mood. I smiled even brighter to see them like this.

Hello! Hello! dil dil se connect karna
Ye lo, ye lo, ye baatein direct karna
Manik pulled Soha closer then it was needed and sang the part to her lovingly.

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
toh dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan
All my friends did the same step again together.
(Oye.. oye marjana oye..)

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
toh dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan
This time the guys sat on one knee and did their step while the girls just moved their waist. Manik was getting to close to her and I wasn't able to see him with someone else.

Chana chanak tera pan dunga nak main to
Main kabootar phaseya ki hor koi
Phase vi na haay phase vi na
Phase vi na haay phase vi na (x2)

Chana chanak tera pan dunga nak main to
(x4)

Main kabootar faseya ki
hor koi phase vi na.. (repeat)
Cabir's parents, Navya's parents and mom and dad did their little dance in a true punjabi style. I tired to cheer myself as I saw them have fun.

Ye baat na maine jaani
Kyun itni khush hai diwaani
Tu mujhko aisi kahaani samjha de, samjha de..

Ye baat hai sabne chaahi
Mile janmon ka humraahi
Yahaan huaa hai kuch aisa hi
Samjhe na samjhe na o ho..
Cabir and Navya did their romantic moves. Everyone cheered for them.

Ab main jaana keh rahi ho kya fasaana ho ho.
Pyaar karne se bhi mushqil hai nibhaana ho ho
Manik, Soha and Dhruv, Aaliya did their parts. And again I sulked as I saw them hand in hand dancing.

Hello! Hello! don't mind mera yeh kehna
Ye lo, ye lo, zara mere touch mein rehna
Navya's mom suddenly popped up in front of me and dragged me on to the stage with the rest.

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
koi dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan

O haaye...

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
to dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan
Everyone was now on the  stage doing their own things to the tune of the song. But Manik seemed to be too lost with Soha. He didn't even notice me. I felt left out and decided to move out as I no longer had the strength to see them together.

Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan
Raat badi hai mastaani
to dilbar jaani kar le gallan gooniyan

o marjaana oye...
I ran in an empty passage and stood there silently, closing my eyes trying to stop the tears that were on its way. But I had failed. Manik with someone else, is surely a sight that could kill me. I didn't realise that I had started sobbing hard as all their moments together flashed in front of me. But before I could calm down, I felt a strong grip on my elbows and I collided into someone's chest. I knew who it was, so I opened my eyes to confirm.

"Why are you crying now!! This is what you wanted me to do right, move on. Now why aren't you happy to see us together. Tell me Nandani." Manik said. His eyes were filled with all the emotions that he had kept in; love, pain, irritation, annoyance, fear and mostly anger.

But his grip was too tight for me to handle. "Manik leave me. You are hurting me." I say as I try to get out of his grip. But he tighten it move every time.

"I am hurting you!! What about the pain you are giving me on a daily basis!! And I won't leave you till you answer my questions." Manik said as he pulled me even closer.

"Manik please leave me. It's hurting!!" I pleaded.

"Leave her Manik." I looked to my side and saw Aryaman.

Manik to looked at him but he wasn't pleased to be interrupted. "She is my wife. I can do whatever I want to her....but tell me why are you so bothered about it?" He still held me tight but I wondered what he meant by the other half of his sentence.

"Because I love her!" Aryaman said it confidently which shocked both of us to core. I looked at Aryaman in surprise or rather shock to analyse what he had just said. But before that I felt Manik grip loosen on me and eventually left me.

I looked at the floor, trying to understand the situation but I felt Manik's intense glare on me. I looked up to his face but he was lost in his own thoughts while Aryaman just stood there as a spectator. "Oh, now I get it." Manik said and chuckled at it. "The move on talk was not for me, it was for you. You wanted to move on from me to Aryaman. Yeah!! Now I get it." He smiled and said it but his eyes were clearly showing me his feelings. He felt cheated. No no no.....Manik had understood the whole situation wrong. I didn't even know Aryaman felt for me. "So Miss Murty, I will no longer be between your 'move on' process. And that's my promise to you." He smiled at me and left. He just left......

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

473K 22.4K 74
(this was my very first story few years back when i was an immature so read at your own risk😂 childish story ) As the story name suggests its a stor...
67K 8.8K 20
Love either brightens your life or either ends up spreading darkness in your life. Manik, a playboy, spoilt, irresponsible and an arrogant man gets m...
295K 31.1K 33
She believed in dreams. He believed in nightmares. She was living her life. He was just finding an escape from it. She was falling in love. It was al...
26.8K 2.1K 16
MaNan is back! After a turbulent college life, everyone is chasing their dreams and passions, while dealing with changing relationships. After inves...