Stay • DeVanté Swing

由 MalaijahSanaa

{Book One} Morgan, a regular normal teenage girl in high school. DeVanté, that sexy light skin of Jodeci. Des... 更多

Chapter 01 | Epilogue
Chapter 2 | A Fresh Start
Chapter 3 | Feelings
Chapter 4 | Can't Tell Her
Chapter 5 | Don't
Chapter 6 | Be Careful
Chapter 7 | Changes
Chapter 8 | Another Side of Him
Chapter 9 | Trapped
Chapter 10 | Congratulations
Chapter 11 | Ex
Chapter 12 | Molly the Maid
Chapter 13 | Coming for You
Chapter 14 | XOXO
Chapter 15 | Concert
Chapter 16 | Scared
Chapter 17 | Promise
Chapter 18 | Can't Do This
Chapter 19 | Done
Chapter 20 | I Love You
SEQUEL

Chapter 1 | The Beginning

5.4K 229 488
由 MalaijahSanaa

Sigh...

I bet you're wondering what happened between DeVanté and I. I was young and dumb, but in love. I remember the day we met so clearly, as if it was yesterday...It was 1991...I was only fifteen, he was twenty-one. I was just a Sophomore in high school, he was a part of Jodeci and had all of the girls Feenin' over him.

It went a little like this...

February 21, 1991

"Morgan, wake ya ass up!"

"I'm up!" I yelled while throwing a pillow at whoever it was that woke me up from a bomb ass sleep.

I opened my eyes and glared at who it was. None other than my annoying cousin, my sister from another mother, Tionne Watkins.

"Well hurry up, and get dressed." She said while laughing.

"Ugh! Get dressed for what? Tee, it's too early for-"

She cut me off and said "It's 10:35, and we need to go find us some outfits for this party tonight."

"Party?..." I straight faced her. "You seriously woke me up for that? You know good and well I'm not going to that party."

"Yes the hell you is. Mo, you need to get out more." She called me by my nickname.

"And why do I need to get out more?"

"Cause you whack as hell. You too damn fine to be cooped up in my mama house like this all the time."

I rolled my eyes.

Yes, it's true. I stay cooped up in this house by myself and be whack. Well, that's how Tionne puts it. I'd much rather do that than go out and do the things she does. Partying, is defiantly not my style. After seeing how crazy the last party I went to was, I could never see myself even thinking about going to another one.

Tionne sighed and left out.

"Thank you!" I said to myself.

I was almost asleep when I felt cold water hit me.

"Bruh, what the fuck!?" I yelled at Tionne.

"Get out of the bed. Go get dressed and be downstairs in one hour." She said through her teeth.

I looked at her like "Biiih who mama you is?"

"You're really a hoe for that, Tee!" I yelled after her as she went back downstairs

I got out of the bed and hopped in the shower. After about twenty minutes, I got out and brushed my teeth. After that, I went to my closet. After years of searching, I finally found some decent clothing to put on.

"Ya got about fifteen minutes!"

"Shut cho ass up." I said to myself.

"I heard that shit!" She yelled back.

Sometimes, I forget she has dog hearing. *Chuckles*

I put on my clothes and threw my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my beeper and went downstairs to see Tionne, along with Lisa and Chilli.

"Hey, y'all." I said.

"Heeeeyyy." Lisa and Chilli said at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's go." Tee said.

The four of us walked outside and hopped into Tionne's car.

At the Mall

"Yo, ain't that them niggas from Jodeci over there?" Lisa asked while pointing with her pinky in the direction they were in.

"Hell yeah." Tee said while smiling.

I rolled my eyes. She's so obsessed with Dalvin. 🙄😂

While the girls were eye raping them, I kept looking around for an outfit. As I was looking, I noticed one of the boys from Jodeci staring at me. It was DeVanté. I looked away, then glanced back. His eyes were still on me.

"Weirdo." I said to myself.

"Uh oh, Mr. Swing over there checkin ya out." Chilli nudged me.

I met his eyes. He gave me a smile and winked.

"Get it!" Lisa yelled, causing Chilli and Tionne to laugh.

I shook my head. "He seems way too arrogant." I said.

"And?" Tee asked.

"And let's not forget I'm only fifteen."

"Awe shid...forgot cho ass still a baby."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at my cousin.

The Party

The four of us pulled up to a huge house. We got out of the car and made our way to the entrance. I lost sight of Lisa as soon as we stepped in. This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan was blasting through the speakers. I nodded my head to the music.

"Aye, I'm finna go to this dance floor. See ya." Chilli left.

"Girl, I see Dalvin." Tionne said while starting to walk off, but I stopped her.

"You can't just leave me."

"Child please. I'm pretty sure DeVanté around here somewhere." And with that, she walked off to be with her boo thang.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes, then went to the bar.

I ordered a drink, and sat down looking lost as hell. I looked around and saw DeVanté dancing with some girl. I rolled my eyes at the sight of him.

Damn, I need to stop doing that so much, before my eyes get stuck. I thought to myself.

I took a sip of my drink and vibed to the music.

"What's a girl as fine as you doin over here all by herself?" A low, deep voice whispered in my ear.

I turned around and met eyes with none other than DeVanté Swing. The sexy light skin of Jodeci, who I take no interest in.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow.

He smirked. "My bad, mama." He apologized. "Aye, didn't I see you at the mall earlier?" He asked.

"No." I said, my voice showing the same amount of interest I had for what he had just said to me, none at all.

"Yeah I did. I wouldn't forget a pretty face...and I know you saw me, too." He smirked.

"Oh, that was you?" I asked with a stale face.

"Duh, what female wouldn't know that was me."

"Oh." I said.

"...That didn't even make sense to what I said."

I nodded and gave him another simple "Oh."

He sucked his teeth and said "Man, fuck you too then."

"What?" I looked at him for the first time since he started speaking to me.

"Bitch, you heard what I said."

"Bitch!? Who the fuck you callin a bitch!?" I crossed my arms.

"You, bitch." He smirked, knowing he was getting to me.

I just stared at him. I was contemplating on whether I should slap the shit out of him, or keep my composure, walk away, and give him the finger.

I went with my second option.

"When?" He asked after I flipped him off.

I rolled my eyes and went to find Tionne. I found her sitting on Dalvin's lap kissing him. "Tee, I'm ready to go."

"Ugh! Here, damn." She gave me her car keys.

"How you gettin home?" I asked her.

"I got it." Dalvin said.

I nodded and turned around to walk away, meeting eyes with this jerk. "Excuse you." I said with attitude.

He licked his lips and got out of my way. I walked off and he slapped my ass.

"Asshole."

All he did was laugh.

.
.
.
.

That was very rude of DeVanté to call Morgan out of her name like that. 😲

Vote
Comment
Thanks for reading!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

71.3K 3.4K 54
[if you haven't read Hazel don't click on this story until you have] This is a continuation of the love story of Nyla-Janae Jones and DeVante Swing...
28.2K 1.6K 33
Young, handsome and talented DeVanté Swing meets a beautiful but strange young lady by the name of Desire Hemera. Instead of turning away from her od...
79.8K 6.2K 86
ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛs... /a story in which naomi and her friends go through personal dilemmas as adulthood rushes towards them in hill...
38K 1.8K 43
"Can you hold me down?" Devante From the luxury of producing some of the hottest tracks in the R&B genre, to living out his rockstar dream, young...