Play For You (GirlxGirl)

By ImThatSamGirl

Riley's past isn't something most kids go through. Bad things happened, but when she got older, her dad decid... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
A/N
Alternate Ending

Chapter Thirty Six

47.9K 1.5K 236
By ImThatSamGirl

Brooke's POV

Riley and I were walking onto the field, getting ready for tryouts this week.

Today was the first day, and we were both pumped. We weren't worried or anything, we knew we'd make the team easily.

I was the best goalie in school and Riley was the best player on field. You could say we were a match made in heaven.

School has been going by so fast I can't remember most of it. This years been easy, since I've finished most of my difficult classes last year I have the stupid easy classes now.

The girls from the previous year all greeted us, hugging us, and then proceeded to drag us to the coach with the rest of us.

"Alright ladies! We'll pretty much be doing what we've been doing during conditioning. I've been watching you all, and for those who weren't here for conditioning, you better impress me. Let's go!" My coach actually seemed excited, and here I thought he was Mr.Grumpypants.

It was almost boring doing simple things. He never made us do complicated set plays because not everyone knew them. He just wanted to see all of the girls basic skills.

I was put into the goal box of course. Shooting was an important skill he wanted everyone to be able to do.

I wasn't the only goalie here though, and we needed a JV goalie. Two girls were by the left pole, watching me with jealousy.

I blocked almost all of the balls that came my way.

The two girls needed to show the coach what they could, and definitely couldn't, do.

A girl that looked like a freshman took her spot in the goal. I was watching from where she was originally standing, and I saw Riley, showing off as usual.

She was dribbling around all of the girls playfully, she was so amazing. She was perfect at everything. Maybe that's because she was perfect.

I watched her for a good minute, and she didn't drop the ball once. They only reason she ended up stopping was because our coach yelled at everyone to get into a passing drill.

My coach has an assistant coach this year. He told us it was his son. Anthony, his sons name, was to be with the goalies and watch them.

Anthony told the whole group that he had played soccer in college, but tore his ACL, not being able to recover from that, he finished his degree and moved on.

I must've forgot to mention how hot it was. Since I have to dive, I wear pants. I feel worse for the girls though, they run a lot more than I do. Goalies do run with the rest of the team, but they are sprinting on and off the whole day.

The first day of tryouts came to an end slowly. With countless drills and the new girls were puking on the sides. They aren't conditioned...

The only thing my coach hates more than losing games, is having unconditioned girls. Everyone would pay for it, even if they weren't throwing up. He made everyone run 4 laps around the field. That's about a mile.

After practically killing over, tryouts came to an end. But only for today, the rest of the week would be hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the last day of tryouts, Riley wanted to go out to eat. We haven't been on a date in a while. Sure, we've hung out and have done things together, but going on a real date? It's been quite some time.

Friday's tryouts were consisted with the coach telling who was on varsity and his son picking JV. The rest of the time we were actually practicing.

The varsity team was looking good this year. We lost about 5 girls last year from them either being seniors, or moving away.

JV was decent too, usually our JV is nothing compared to us, but their goalie and some players are actually pretty good.

If the JV goalie keeps it up, she's gonna be taking my spot next year. She was the freshman looking girl, and she was good, so I bet my coach is planning on her training with us.

It was a short practice since it was suppose to be the last day of tryouts. We were just slowly getting into the basics.

Coach always wants to reteach us things he's already showed us, even though it's boring it actually helps the girls in the long run.

While everyone was packing their things, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked around, Riley was making googly eyes at me, but she always does; she's not the one I feel glaring into my back.

I look around once more, to make sure it's not my imagination, but it wasn't.

The freshman girl who's the goalie is practically ripping my soul out of me with her stare.

I mean it's like the care bear stare. She's burning my soul. I look away because she was really starting to creep me out and I walk towards Riley.

She spoke first, "Hey can we reschedule? Cynthia is coming over and so is her son. Can we do it tomorrow?"

I was a little disappointed, I really wanted to be with her today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riley's POV

Brooke looked pretty sad when I told her I needed to rain check. Cynthia was actually coming over, but I didn't need to be there.

I have a plan, and it's gonna take a lot of tomorrow to do. I have to get home and start it now. First though, I have to stop by Brooke's house before she does.

I jog up to my coach, "What's up Anderson?"

"I need a favor." I batted my eyelashes.

"It better not be anything bad." He groaned. Coach loves me, but sometimes I do things I probably shouldn't and I get him involved too.

"Not this time, I just need you to distract Brooke for a little bit. I need to go to her house and give her parents something, that's all. Just like 10-15 minutes. That's it."

Coach gave me a smug look. "You doing something special for her?" He knows Brooke and I are together, he totally supports it. I eagerly nodded and he called Brooke over, but I left his side before she noticed I was next to him.

I was practically running to my car. I still didn't have much time to give Brooke's mom this letter.

I sped the whole way there, not fast enough to get pulled over, but faster than the speed limit.

Once I got there I quickly knocked in the door. Brooke's mom answered.

"Riley? What are you doing here? I thought you and Brooke have a date?" She questionably looked at me.

"I'm planning that for tomorrow. I don't have much time. Take this letter, and before Brooke wakes up tomorrow morning, put it on her bed. When she wakes up I want her to read it." I handed her the letter.

"Is this like a scavenger hunt?" She wiggled her eyebrows. This lady is pretty smart.

"Yeah it is. Thank you so much. I have to go now before Brooke gets here." I waved and left quickly.

Finally, I got home. Cynthia and her boy was here. They all greeted me.

I was honestly to tired to sit down and eat with them, so I grabbed some dinner rolls and went to my room.

I devoured the 3 dinner rolls I grabbed and took a shower. After my shower I fell into my comfortable bed.

Before I fell asleep my phone vibrated, it was from Brooke.

Goodnight Riley. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I love you. -Brooke

I grinned ear to ear and texted her back.

I can't wait to see you too. We're gonna have so much fun! I love you and sweet dreams beautiful. -Riley

Tomorrow is going to be a lot more fun than Brooke knows. She's gonna be in for a surprise.

Authors note
~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to give a big thanks for everyone who reads my story, I appreciate you guys so much. Please be sure to follow, vote, and comment your thoughts on this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 383 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
141K 4.7K 17
Ever since Sarah moved to Florida, she's found it quite hard fitting in. Seeing this, her mom suggests that she at least join the soccer team, since...
15.6K 1.5K 49
Lila and Sam. Sam and Lila. Ever since the Alvarez twins were born, that's how it always was. It was always Lila and Sam. Always Sam and Lila. Lila...
Wren By S

Romance

27.1K 2.3K 44
(Book 5) *Complete* Wren grew up on the west coast, in a wealthy neighbourhood of Portland Oregon, she was not shy of attention, growing up with the...