Inside Your Heaven

由 Castle_Coffee3

"I've been down, now I'm blessed. I felt a revelation coming around. I guess it's right, it's so amazing. Eve... 更多

Chapter 1: Before He Cheats
Chapter 2: Bartender
Chapter 3: Lonely Eyes
Chapter 4: 19 You + Me
Chapter 5: Fly
Chapter 6: Crash My Party
Chapter 7: Take Your Time
Chapter 8: Lose My Mind
Chapter 9: Somebody's Heartbreak
Chapter 10: Knee Deep
Chapter 11: My Wish
Chapter 12: Hell of a Night
Chapter 13: Play it Again
Chapter 14: Stand
Chapter 15: Just a Dream
Chapter 16: Need You Now
Chapter 17: That's Where It Is
Chapter 18: Perfect Storm
Chapter 19: I Want Crazy
Chapter 20: What Hurts the Most
Chapter 21: I Just Can't Live a Lie
Chapter 22: So Small
Chapter 23: Unapologize
Chapter 25: Loving You Easy
Chapter 26: What Nobody Ever Told You
Chapter 27: Forever and Ever, Amen
Chapter 28: The Night Before Life Goes On
Chapter 29: Starts With Goodbye
Chapter 30: Mama's Song
Chapter 31: Bless the Broken Road

Chapter 24: Show You Off

772 36 12
由 Castle_Coffee3

A/N: This chapter prove to be a lot harder than I anticipated... I didn't really like it until it was finished and I read it back. But, there are some definite good parts in this one and it got pretty long so there are some positives :) Also, huge shout-out to 12thPrecinctWriter for giving me some ideas to get me out of my little slump!

Enjoy!!!

"When a guy like me, gets a girl like you. Yeah, you better know we're going to take it downtown, showin' everybody what I'm crazy about. Anywhere we go, gotta let 'em all know. And I'mma tattoo your name on my arm. Baby I just wanna show you off." ~Dan + Shay

_________________________________________________________________

"Daddy! Kate!" Alexis came barreling into their bedroom, yelling and effectively waking the both of them.

Kate yawned as she stretched out, sitting up and moving out of Rick's arms. It's been two weeks since their fight and, looking back now, she couldn't believe how foolish she had been. This was where she wanted to be, where she belonged.

She laughed as the 7-year-old swung her foot over the edge of the bed and crawled in between them. "Daddy," she shook his shoulder. He was reluctant to open his eyes, even for his persistent daughter. "It's the Bridgehampton Fair this weekend!"

Rick peeked open one eye. Both girls laughed at the thrilled look on his face. But, Kate's brow furrowed, "What's the Bridgehampton Fair?"

They both gasped in mock horror. "Only the most amazing place in all of New York!" Rick started.

"And it only happens once a year," Alexis chimed in.

They were going back and forth now, each adding new things about the fair. "There's all kinds of games."

"And food."

"And rides."

"You have to ride the ferris wheel!"

"And try their deep fried oreos," Rick said, craving them as he spoke.

Kate didn't know what to think about that. Her face contorted, "Um, that sounds... interesting."

Alexis agreed with her father, "They're the BEST, Kate. You have to try it!"

"I guess I do," Kate said, still unsure and hesitant. She would do it for them, though. She would do anything for them, so eating a strange food wasn't so bad, she thought. Inwardly smiling at their over the top excitement, she decided to get the show on the road. "So, are we going or what?"

Alexis flew off the bed and sprinted out of the door. "Be ready in ten!" she yelled as she made it out of their door.

Kate laughed as she headed into the closet to find something to wear for the day when Rick caught her arm. He spun her around and into his arms. She was wrapped into his strong arms and he squeezed her shoulders, "Thank you."

Kate gave him a questioning look, her head tilted up at him, "For what?"

"For always putting my daughter first," he said smiling at her. "I know you were looking forward to our plans today, and you put them aside to make her happy. So, thank you."

"Of course, babe. Plans can be rescheduled and, like she said, the fair only comes around once a year! It'll be a blast, anyways. I think I'm even more excited for sketchy rides and greasy food just because you'll both be be there."

"You're amazing," he said to her. Kate's cheeks turned a dark shade of pink and she went up on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Love you, too," she smiled and then pushed on his chest. "But, we've just lost 2 minutes and we're on a tight schedule. Get moving, slow poke."

He moved past her to the bathroom and smacked her ass on the way. She let out a girlish squeal, finally moving into the walk-in closet. She laughed to herself, she was in for quite the day.

__________

An anxious Alexis tugged impatiently on Kate's hand, "C'mon! We're going to miss it!"

They both laughed as they gathered their things from the car, jackets, bags, money, Kate's purse, just the basics. Kate shook her head, "We're already here, Lex. The fair isn't going to go anywhere."

"But we have to get our wristbands! What if they run out?" Alexis worried.

Castle grabbed her hand as Kate shut and locked the car. They started making their way over to the entrance. "They're not going to run out, Pumpkin."

Finally, the three were on their way onto the fairgrounds as Alexis held each of their hands and swung them back and forth, full of joy and excitement. Alexis' eyes grew wider as she looked around in amazement.

As they made their way down the paved path, passed all the food vendors, Kate caught glimpses of some of the rides and her childhood came flooding back to her. "Let's go on the Tilt-a-Whirl!" The young girl's voice broke apart her thoughts.

Kate smiled, "That was my favorite when I was a kid."

Alexis started to pull them in that direction, but Rick carefully tugged back. Squatting to her eye-level, he said, "Sweetie, I know you're more than excited, but we need to just take a breath, okay?"

Kate saw how her shoulders slumped just enough when she nodded back. "We need to get tickets before we can ride any rides. The booth is right over there," he said as he stood up.

Kate felt bad for Alexis. It wasn't like she was doing anything wrong. She didn't say anything to Rick though, understanding how he wanted her to calm down a little bit. But, today was suppose to be all about having fun, so if Alexis was a little over excited about it, then so be it. Still holding the red head's hand, she looked to Rick, "Why don't you go grab the tickets while Lex and I go get a spot in line."

Castle understood what she was doing and grateful that she was handling the situation better than him. "That's a great idea, thanks."

As the girls walked away, Alexis looked up to Kate. "Why isn't daddy excited to be here?" she asked.

Kate stopped them in their path and moved to Alexis' size, "Oh, sweetie," she started, "he's excited to be here. I promise. He just got a little overwhelmed with everything. Sometimes going places when you're an adult is a lot harder than when you're a kid."

"Yeah," Alexis sighed, "I know."

Kate laughed and pushed her forward, "Get in line, you."

__________

"Look! Over there!" Alexis pointed in the direction of a ride shaped like a big pirate ship. "Let's go!"

Alexis grabbed Kate's hand and took off in a run, forcing her to release her other hand from Castle's. Keeping up with the excited girl, Kate accelerated to a jog. She laughed over her shoulder to Castle, "Come on, slow poke! You're going to miss it!"

Rick stood there, the biggest smile on his face, just watching as Kate's happiness radiated off of her. He wanted to move from his spot and join the girls but he was mesmerized by Kate. The way her long hair blew around her, the way her genuine smile adorned her face, the way her hazel eyes sparkled in the sun.

As he watched her lean against the railing in line, he noticed once again her beauty. Not just her long legs or shining hair, but her inner beauty too. It was everything about her that made his insides flip, and in an instant he was unfrozen from his spot and he sprinted to catch up to them. He slowed as he approached them, and wrapped his strong arms around her waist.

"Nice of you to join us," she teased.

"Sorry," he said, "I got distracted."

They moved forward in line, now hand in hand. "By what?" She curiously asked.

He smiled, "You."

Kate's cheeks flamed, but she didn't care. There was no hiding the effect he had on her. In fact, it made her feel happy and giddy, just like a middle school girl with an intense crush on a boy. She extended onto her tiptoes to place a chaste kiss on his lips.

The adults finally turned back to Alexis only to be met with a puzzled look in their direction. Kate laughed and pulled Alexis to her side, "What's the face for, Lex?"

All three stepped onto the boat ride and took their seats. Alexis was smushed between them and she shook her head. "You two are weird..." she said, confusion filling her features.

Kate nudged her shoulder, "You'll understand someday."

The sound of movement signalled the start of the ride, but Castle was still trying to get the pictures of a teenage Alexis dating boys out of his mind. "Not until you're 40!" he yelled.

This earned him a shove on the shoulder from Kate, but he couldn't wipe the images away. He just needed to be sure he was clear that his daughter couldn't date until she was grown. It was worth a shot at least.

__________

A short time later, the three stepped off of the ride together. Alexis let out a contagious laugh as she heard her dad's stomach growl.

Kate gave him her famous look, "You hungry?"

He nodded, "Apparently."

"Daddy, can we get the deep fried oreos now!"

"That can be our dessert, Pumpkin."

Kate was still hesitant about the fried cookies. She wanted something else, just in case. "Let's get a funnel cake, too."

Alexis looked up at her, "Funnel cake?"

Kate stopped walking, effectively stopping her company. "Seriously, Castle?!"

He gave her an incredulous look, "What?!"

"You, of all people, haven't had your daughter try a funnel cake!"

"Well, I've never had one either," he mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"I've never eaten one..." he hid his face from her intense stare.

Kate was shocked and her jaw slacked at his confession. "Nope," she walked away before turning back. "I can't believe this. It's official. My 9-year-old on a sugar rush boyfriend has never had the most sugary, delicious food you can find!" She started on her walk to the vendor selling funnel cakes, "You go get some actual food and those deep fried oreos. I'm getting a funnel cake and you are trying it. Understand?"

Castle froze under pressure, not used to her cop voice. Alexis just laughed, "Let's go, Daddy!"

The three of them parted ways to find what they wanted to eat. Kate's task was easier and she started to make her way over to Rick and Alexis. She stayed a few feet back, just waiting for them and staying out of the way of other people around her.

She stood in awe as she watched father and daughter. There was a voice beside her. Kate looked to see who it was, she didn't know the person. "You have a beautiful family," she pointed to Rick and Alexis.

Kate was shocked that this complete stranger was able to pick up on this. Was it that obvious? Hearing them being called her family shocked her a little, but the more she thought about it the more she realized how true it was. "Yeah," she smiled, "they're pretty amazing. Thank you."

The woman nodded and stepped into line as Rick and Alexis made her way over to Kate. "Got it?" she asked.

They both lifted their hands, each holding a plate of food. "Let's get get eating then," Rick said. "Where should we sit?"

Kate led the way, "There's a table over there." They sat down and made themselves comfortable. After they finished their food, Kate pulled the two plates of dessert to the middle of the table.

"Ready?" Castle asked and looked around.

The girls nodded as they each held onto their piece. On the count of three, they all took a bite of the famous fair foods. They looked around, surprised looks on all of their faces. "This is..." Castle started.

"Amazing," both of the girls completed.

They laughed and talked as they finished all of the desserts. "Ready for some more rides!?" Castle shouted.

Alexis furiously shook her head, "No way. I'm stuffed."

"Yeah, babe, I think I'd puke if I went on a ride right now."

"Awe, you guys are no fun," he pouted.

Kate chuckled at his childness, "Well, we haven't played any games yet. What do you say, Red?"

"Yes!" He pulled on her hand and they were off.

__________

The sun had set over the horizon and the three of them sat on the top of the ferris wheel. Kate had her arm wrapped around Alexis' slender shoulders and Rick had his draped over both of them.

Kate poked Castle in the side to get his attention and she looked down in the direction of his daughter. He chuckled at his almost sleeping daughter. "Someone's going to sleep like a baby tonight."

Kate nodded, "She's had an eventful day."

"And," he tugged on the stuffed animal she was holding within her arms, "I'm doubting that she'll ever let this go."

"I know," Kate laughed. "She was about to burst into tears when the worker told her she couldn't bring it with her on to the ride."

"She's tired. It was an obvious reaction for her. Poor guy didn't see what hit him."

A comfortable silence fell over them as they went in circles on the ferris wheel. The lights blurred around them until it halted once again. She looked over Alexis' head to find Rick's baby blues staring back at her.

They met for a chaste kiss over his sleeping daughter. "Thank you," she whispered. "For today, I had a great time."

"I did too, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else."

"Neither would I."

They made their final descent and Rick hoisted Alexis up into his arms. Kate took the stuffed elephant from her and all three headed to the car. As the lights and sounds of the fair got farther and farther away, Kate got more and more anxious to get back.

When they pulled down the drive, Kate couldn't stop the smile from spreading on her face. She didn't know why but something just felt right. She was completed; she was home.

She was happier than ever and she even convinced Castle to let her put Alexis down. He helped her get the small girl out of the car and Kate carried her up the stairs to her bedroom.

She laid her down and tucked her in before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, "I love you, sweetheart. Sleep tight."

Castle was waiting at the bottom of the steps when she made her way down. She was swept into his arms for a passionate kiss. Her body was buzzing from his touch. Everything about him made her head spin. His lips working magic on hers made her crave even more.

As if he could read her mind, he lifted her up and she wrapped herself around his waist. She held his head in both of her hands as she trailed kisses down his neck.

He started walking them both to the bedroom when Kate's back bumped the lamp on his end table. "Rick!" she squealed. It was wobbling near the edge and Kate stopped it just as it was about to crash to the floor. She laughed, "As hot as this is, babe, why don't you just put me down."

"Okay," he laughed and dropped her as she gracefully landed on her feet. He attacked her lips again. Kate's hands slipped under his shirt as he pushed her backwards through the open bedroom door. His shirt was flung to the side as Kate hit the foot of the bed.

He slowly moved her shirt up and over her head before carefully laying her down on the sheets. He left a string of kisses up her toned stomach, each leaving the same shot of electricity as the last.

He stopped to look her in the eye after effortlessly unhooking her lacy bra. Panting, he whispered, "You're beautiful."

It was Kate who attacked his lips this time, but she was now focused on the zipper of his jeans. Everything in this moment faded away. All of her fears and anxieties were nowhere in sight. She finally felt ready to show her one and only just how much she loved him.

Her back arched into him as she felt the waist of her pants slip over her hips. The light touch of his hands made her shiver underneath him. He left a sequence of goosebumps down her legs as he slowly removed her black underwear.

When he finished torturing her, he moved to look her in the eye once more. "You're sure you want to do this?"

She nodded towards him, "Boxers off. Now."

He laughed at her eagerness, but did as he was told. There was a frenzy of lazy kisses and firey touches before they connected as one. He collapsed beside her after they both reached their peak.

They laid on their backs, both gasping for air. A silence fell between them as they caught their breath, but Kate reached out for his hand giving it a tight squeezed.

He looked over at her, "We're pretty amazing together."

She rolled to her side and flung her arm over his bare chest. "We are, aren't we?" she laughed and placed a kiss on his collarbone.

He held her close, with her head nestled in the crook of his arm. He drew her closer, still craving the contact. He kissed her forehead, "I love you."

"I love you more," she said before letting her eyes fall shut. Wrapped in each other's arms, they slipped into a blissful sleep filled with dreams of their future.

AH! I can't thank you enough for sticking around with me for this long!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

52.3K 2.3K 41
Kate Beckett has been a fan of criminovelist Richard Castle ever since the first book, but when she starts researching about becoming a foster mother...
12K 495 21
-adjective tending to clear from a charge of fault or guilt. Kate Beckett has a daughter she received at only sixteen, but despite her being a single...
35.4K 1.6K 43
"Kate knew it was time. After all those months of appointments with the doctor, ultra sounds, aches, mood swings, cravings, and driving Castle crazy...
11.7K 768 52
Caskett, forever a love story! You would think that way. But it always can be worser. Well, definitely. The marriage changed Kate, a lot! Would they...