Imperfectly Perfect

Liya_Loves_1D tarafından

Nadia seemingly has a perfect life, a perfect job, and a perfect personality. She is highly imaginative and f... Daha Fazla

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The first meeting
Chapter 2 - Who do I have in office?
Chapter 3 - I like him, I hate you
Chapter 4 - Thank God for Liam
Chapter 5 - Unrequited is painful
Chapter 6 - Look at yourself first
Chapter 7 - Truth after six years
Chapter 8 - I was just trying to help
Chapter 9 - How could you do this?
Chapter 10 - Don't cross the limit
Chapter 11 - I am done with you
Chapter 12 - Friends? I guess
Chapter 13 - What did I just feel for you?
Chapter 14 - You were right, he's a liar
Chapter 15 - Long drive outside the city
Chapter 16 - With you, not him? Strange
Chapter 17 - Thanks for Everything
Chapter 18 - I hope you're okay
Chapter 19 - The first kiss
Chapter 20 - Why do you care so much?
Chapter 21 - Maybe, I like you
Chapter 22 - You make me so happy
Chapter 24 - Tell me about your family
Chapter 25 - I love you, I really do
Chapter 26 - I can't bear to lose you
Chapter 27 - Happy Birthday Liam
Chapter 28 - Always by your side
Chapter 29 - Baby, I'm all yours
Chapter 30 - Many, many happy returns of the day
Chapter 31 - You're my only one
Chapter 32 - Broken, numb and lost
Chapter 33 - Leaving everything behind
Chapter 34 - Goodbye
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 23 - You and I

38 4 0
Liya_Loves_1D tarafından

I stand before the tiny mirror that I've placed inside one of the racks of my wardrobe. Squinting my eyes, I push inside the diamond earring through my ear hole. A present from my grandmother, this is the second time as far as I can remember that I'm wearing these earrings. After I'm done, I brush my hair and take a glimpse of myself one last time before my phone buzzes into a song.

"Hi," I smile as I hold the phone by the crook of my neck and tie the watch around my left wrist.

"Ready?" Liam asks.

I knit my brows as I hold the phone by my hand now. "Liam?"

"Yeah, are you done?"

"Yeah, just about to head out. Where are you guys?" I ask back as I turn off the lights and grab my purse before slipping into a pair of stilettos.

"We're just leaving; we'll pick you up in another 10 minutes."

"Cool, I'll wait downstairs," I lock the door shut behind me and dump the keys inside my purse.

"Great," Liam hangs up.

I jog down the stairs and soon reach downstairs. I exit the building and wait outside, looking to my left to see if any car lights are flashing.

Niall is having a party at his office today, and he has invited Liam, Sophia and I. I'm excited and equally nervous because this is the first time that Niall will be introducing me as his girlfriend to his office mates. Not that he is my first relationship, and I don't have experience of being introduced to my boyfriend's friends before, but with Niall everything feels so picture perfect that the thought of any trouble and imperfection scares me.

However, I don't muse over these thoughts too much because I know how disastrously I procrastinate. And, the more I allow myself to get woven into its deadly web the more I'll lose my mind.

A car soon pulls in and Liam scoops his head out from inside and flashes me his cute smile.

"Hey," I smile back, and wave my hand.

"Get in," Liam says and gets down from the backseat.

I nod and open the door as Sophia smiles widely at me.

"Hello," she says.

"Hey," I reply and sit beside her before closing the door.

"You look gorgeous," she keeps a hand on my shoulders.

"Thanks. So do you," I scan my eyes throughout her blue dress that beautifully compliments her amazing body.

Liam fits himself in the front seat beside the cab driver as the latter starts the car.

"How long will it take including all the annoying traffic?" I ask Liam.

"1 hour at most," he retorts and I growl.

"Missing Niall?" Sophia giggles.

I look at her and bite my lower lip. "No...not that. So much traffic is so irritating, isn't it?"

"It's not a novelty in Bangalore, and you should know it."

I smile, and bite my lower lip harder. "Whatever, it's just irritating."

Liam and Sophia breaks into a massive laughter.

For the next 30 minutes, they tell me how they've always figured that Niall and I are going to end up together.

"He is really amazing," I look out the window and smile, alongside turning crimson.

Liam locks sight with me through the front rear mirror, and strangely his expressions are the same agitated and anxious as that of Niall I caught on Wednesday. I don't know if this is only my mistake or an illusion or I've gone mad, but I swear to God they're the same countenance.

I look over to Sophia, trying to find some answers from her, but she looks away – confusing me even more.

Sophia soon breaks the silence by sharing a lot of her office gossips. She soon engages Liam and I too, but again and again I keep staring at Liam in the hope that he gives me some form of signal because I know like his cousin, he is hiding something as well.

We reach Infotech at 8.00 Pm. The place looks like an IT hub with several smaller buildings located all around. It's so enormous that I feel as if the whole city has confined in this area.

"Big, huh?" Liam pats on my shoulder.

"Freakishly," I retort.

Liam laughs as Sophia holds his hand.

"My office is that way, a little further down the road," Liam points to our right as I see another massive building with IBM lit on it.

"Amazing," I coo.

"C'mon now, let's go," Liam says as the three of us walk ahead to enter Infotech's building.

We take the elevator and it soon deports us to the terrace. When the door opens, loud music welcomes us. I look around the place that not only appears terrific, but feels the same as well. It brings out the apt electrifying energy that Bangalore parties offer.

Amidst everything, my eyes search for Niall. However, it's so crowded that I find it extremely difficult to even make an attempt to spot him. Hence, I dial his number and he answers immediately.

"Hello," he almost screams.

"Where are you?" I scream too.

"Where are you?" he asks me back.

"We're standing right outside the elevator, near the bar."

"Wait there, I'm coming," he retorts and hangs up.

I tap my shoes on the ground, growing impatient to see Niall. And, in a few blinks of eye he pops up from the crowd and strolls forward to us, wearing a smile. He wears a black striped t-shirt with a black jacket over it, and pairs it with dark skinny jeans. Copper colored suede boots covers his feet, and a sleek gold chain wraps around his left wrist. His hair is neatly brushed onto his head and looks ever so shinny and soft.

"Hey, bro," Niall and Liam hugs.

"Hi, Soph," Niall hugs Sophia as well.

Next, he turns to look at me and runs his eyes all over me. I blush immensely especially because Liam and Sophia giggle audibly.

"Hi," I say, fighting the embarrassment.

"Hello," he looks at me, smiling broadly.

I shake my head, stifling my blush as my boyfriend comes forward to hug me. He embraces me tightly as I smile in his ear. When we pull away, Niall kisses on my cheek.

"You look beautiful," he taps on my arm.

"Thank you," I smile, holding his hand.

"You guys wanna drink, right?" Niall looks at all three of us.

"We do, you don't," I stare daggers at Niall.

"C'mon, Nadia. Just one night, please. I'm fine, really," he begs.

"No, I won't listen to anything," I shake my head.

"It's fine, Nadia. I'm taking his responsibility," Liam holds my hand.

I look at him and something about the calmness and gentleness in his eyes assures me that Niall will be fine indeed.

"Okay," I cave in and stare at the ground.

"Thank you," Niall throws his arm around my waist and pulls me in. I smile, looking in his blue eyes.

We walk forward as Niall hi-fives a lot of people en route, and almost all of them flashes me sly smiles. It makes me somewhat uncomfortable, but the fact that Niall is beside me provides me the guaranteed safety and composure that one needs at these moments.

Soon, we reach one corner of the terrace. The vision of the entire city comes into my sight, and it's so breath-taking that I sigh loudly. Beautiful and cozy winds kiss my skin, and a unconscious grin twirls up across my lips.

I feel a couple of arms swarm across my waist, and I know that it's Niall's. He rests his chin on my shoulder, and I close my eyes feeling his breath fan on my cheek.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he murmurs in my ear.

"Hmm," I mumble.

"I'm so excited to introduce you to my colleagues."

"And, I'm shit nervous."

"Why?" Niall turns me around, so I'm facing him. His brows are pulled together in confusion.

"I don't know....," I look down. "I have no idea."

Niall touches my chin with his thumb. "Hey, look at me."

I lock gaze with my boyfriend. "Are you again thinking low of yourself?"

I stare down again, feeling Niall might be right somewhere down the line.

"Nadia," he throws his arms tightly around my waist and pulls me in. "I'm no Steven or any of your ex-boyfriends who will screw up things with you. You think I'm perfect? Nobody is, but that doesn't make you less lovable, baby. Alright?"

I smile at him, certain that my cheeks are flushed pink.

"Now, c'mon," he pulls me by my hand. I turn back a tad to witness Liam and Sophia kissing passionately at another corner, enveloped by darkness.

Niall and I walk at the bar where a lot of boys and girls have gathered up. Some of them I know from our earlier meeting at the pub the time Niall and I went to Chikmagalur. However, most of the faces are new, and I wait for my boyfriend to start the introductory session.

"Hey, guys," Niall says, catching everyone's attention.

"This is Nadia, my beautiful and quite funny girlfriend," Niall wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, Nadia."

"Hello, Nadia."

"Such a nice name, Nadia."

"Glad to meet you, Nadia."

"You look pretty, Nadia."

Several comments erupts from around and I don't how exactly to react. But for one thing I know, I feel extremely happy at the warmth.

"See and you were being nervous," Niall whispers in my ear and I stifle a laugh.

"Hey Nadia, nice to meet you again. You look great," Arjun grins at me with a slight wave of hand.

"Hey, Arjun," I wave as well.

"You drink?"

"Yeah, sure," I nod.

"C'mon join us then," he gestures.

Niall and I move more towards the counter.

"What do you wanna have?" Arjun asks.

I look over at Niall, intending to drink what he'll drink.

"Beer?" my boyfriend asks.

"Sounds fine," I shrug.

The bartender hands us three beer bottles as the rest of the people disperses amongst themselves. Arjun already looks tipsy and I wonder if he could pull off till the end of the party.

"I'll be back, Nadia," Niall pats on my back and I nod. He turns on his heels and talks to some people as I return my sight on Arjun whose eyes have now turned red.

"Are you sure you wanna drink more?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sure. I'm just getting started," he flaunts his bottle at me and laughs.

I widen my eyes. "Hey, thanks for everything. Niall and I owe you big time. Let us know if you ever need any help."

"C'mon," he bats his hand in the air. "What are friends for?"

"Yeah, thanks anyways," I smile.

"You guys look great together."

"Thank you," I blush, staring down. "So, are you from Bangalore itself?"

"Yep, pretty much. Although I'm originally from Delhi I shifted here when I was 12 years old due to my father's job."

"I see," I nod. "So, do you have a girlfriend?"

Arjun's face drops immediately at the question and I regret asking it. He looks evidently sad and I hope I haven't struck any wrong chord.

"I had one, but she died 2 years before," Arjun finally says.

"Ohh," I gasp. "I'm so sorry," I place my hands on his.

"It's okay," he pats on my hands.

"You mind if I ask how?" I retract my hands off him.

"Leukemia."

"I'm sorry," I apologize once again.

Arjun maintains split seconds' pause and then shakes his head.

"Bunk it," he forces a smile on his lips. "Do you dance?" he puts up an elated face.

I laugh. "Sure," I nod.

"Cool," he nods back. "Grab you boyfriend then, and let's shake some booty. They're playing really good music."

I laugh harder and turn on my heels to bump into Niall.

"Hey, I was going to call you only," I say.

"Seems like you're pretty enjoying yourself," my boyfriend smirks at me.

"Let's dance, c'mon," I grab his hand and drag him to the place where everybody is dancing.

The DJ plays one hit number after another and everybody gets in the dance mood. In the beginning, I find it difficult to dance, but with a little help from Niall I soon start to show some pretty nice moves. As the night grows into us the songs turn into somewhat romantic. I know Niall is an avid drinker, but under my careful watch I've only allowed him to drink 3 bottles of beer. However, I drink 5 bottles and feel a lot tipsy. My eyes search for Liam and Sophia every once in awhile, but knowing that they might be having their lone time I curb the idea of being a third wheel between them.

When the party is about to wrap up we have our dinner. It isn't much grand comprising of basic Chinese food – noodles, fried rice, chicken and lots of ice cream. With the beer still fresh inside my stomach I hardly eat anything, and only feel my head splitting in pain.

"I guess we should go home," I hear Niall tell me.

"Okay," I nod, keeping my head on his shoulders.

With my hazy vision, I see Niall dialing his cousin's number. They talk for a few minutes and Liam and Sophia soon emerges out of the dark.

"Dude, you guys are animals or what?" Niall says and I giggle.

Liam and Sophia look down, but from the corner of my eyes; I catch them stifling laughter as well. My boyfriend books a cab, and all 4 of us take the elevator and go down. I battle keeping my eyes open as Niall holds my hand firmly. He escorts me to the cab and opens the door for me to board the vehicle. Liam and Sophia shuffles inside the backseat as well before my boyfriend occupies the front seat.

As soon as the cab driver starts the car, I rest my head on Sophia's shoulder and doze off.

When I open my eyes, I feel Niall's faint voice reverberating in my ears.

"Baby," I open my eyes to see Niall smiling at me.

"Mmm," I mumble. "Where am I?" I slowly sit up and look around.

Niall laughs and sits beside me on what looks like a couch.

"You're in your apartment, on your couch, honey," he says, laughing in between breaths.

That's when it strikes me that I had fallen asleep earlier on the cab.

"Did you carry me inside?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Yes, ma'am. You're very and very heavy."

I laugh and slap Niall mildly on his arm. "What time is it?"

"11 o'clock. Do you mind changing your clothes? I guess you have office tomorrow," my boyfriend continues to mock me.

I get off the couch and stretch my arms. As Niall sits on the couch, I stroll inside my bedroom and fish my yellow spaghetti and blue shorts from inside the wardrobe. I hurriedly enter the bathroom and peel off my clothes before standing under the cold and relaxing shower.

When I get changed and walk back to the sitting area, Niall smiles at me.

"Feeling better now?" he asks.

I nod, rubbing a hand on my forehead. "Yeah, I shouldn't have drunk 5 bottles." I take the seat beside my boyfriend as he embraces me in his arms.

"It's okay to be crazy one day," he kisses on my forehead, and sighs.

I stay and sink in the warmth of his hug for awhile before pulling away. "Tomorrow is Saturday; you don't have office, right?"

"No," Niall shakes his head.

"You mind staying back?" I ask sheepishly.

He laughs. "Okay," he replies, voice a tad heavy.

"You wanna go over and change?" I ask, very excited.

"Sure," he nods and soon leaves my apartment.

I jog back to my bedroom and nicely make the bed. My heartbeats race up at the absolute realization that Niall is finally going to spend the night with me. Although it still feels surreal somewhere inside my mind I know I want it.

When I hear the door shut and commotion of it being locked coming over, I figure that Niall has come back. He soon enters my room, wearing a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"So, this is your room, huh?" he says, looking at every nook and cranny of it.

"Ahh haa," I nod, and stare at him.

I walk over and grab his hand and bring him inside.

"You know you can relax here," I say, making Niall sit on my bed.

He laughs. "Did you have fun at the party?" he makes me sit on his lap.

"A lot."

"I saw you got along with Arjun."

"Yeah, he is a nice guy," I nod, remembering what he told me about his girlfriend. "Ahhmm....Niall?"

"Yes?" he looks into my eyes.

"Do you know about Arjun's girlfriend?" I ask hesitantly.

He looks down silently for a few seconds. "Yeah."

"Don't you think that because you guys share the same pain is the reason why you guys are as close as friends?"

"Maybe, but I haven't told him anything about Ava."

"That doesn't matter because you know the truth."

"Maybe," he shrugs.

"I hope one day he can move on like you also," I sigh, making my cheek touch his head.

Niall looks at me now, searching something in my eyes. "Don't you feel any issue with Ava?"

I furrow my brows. "Why will I?"

"Remember you reminded me of her? And probably that was the reason why I started talking to you in the first place because I was shocked at the resemblance."

"It doesn't matter Niall if I remind you of someone or not. I know we met each other as Niall and Nadia, and that's the truth. No illusion can change this reality."

My boyfriend smiles at me as I return the favor.

"At least I'm glad and thankful for one thing," he says.

"What?" I ask, tilting my head.

"I lost Ava before I could tell her that I love her, but I didn't run out of time in your case."

I look down, turning scarlet immediately.

"And, somehow not losing the chance with you matters a lot more," my boyfriend emphasizes.

I blush harder, biting my lower lip.

"Also, one correction – Niall didn't meet any Nadia, he met Noddy," he says, and we both crack up.

"I love you," I say, locking gaze with him.

"I love you more," he retorts and kisses softly on my lips.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

57.4K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
10M 191K 67
When a boy and a girl meets, they become friends, then probably fall in love, then comes the ‘I love you’s and then maybe, just maybe, they end up ge...
32.7K 366 31
A difficult year leads Ella to make some choices in life she wouldnt usually make. She accepts a job she wouldnt never have thought about that leads...
12.2K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...