Begin Again - Dramione

thatladyruqz द्वारा

"Sometimes, it's not about the choices, it's the circumstances. You may think you have a choice, but in reali... अधिक

New Beginnings
The Malfoy Heir
Normalcy
Disoriented
Encounters
Isolated
Friends or Foes?
Task
Devil at the door
Nightmare
Mascots
Rainbow Dash
Victory
Decisions
Reminiscence
We Meet Again
Realisations
Caught Red Handed
Christmas Ball : Part 1
Christmas Ball : Part 2
Should or Shouldn't
Mystery
Snow fights
Malfoy Manor
Thoughts
Hunch
Intruder
Avada Kedavra
Comfort
Confrontations
Late Nights
Unknown
Charlotte's Tale
Charlotte's Tale : II
Marauder's Map
Threats

Patronus

3K 110 23
thatladyruqz द्वारा

Draco's POV

Emotions come and go and can't be controlled so there's no reason to worry about them. That in the end, people should be judged by their actions since in the end it was actions that defined everyone. - Nicholas Sparks

Her lips were soft against mine. After overcoming the initial shock, my mind had completely blanked out, leaving the rest of my body to work on it's own. My hands wove around her neck, gripping her head, bringing her ever closer. My eyes were shut tight, savouring the moment.

I could finally admit that I had wanted to do that for a while now. Just as I was beginning to relax into the kiss, she suddenly pushed me away. I stumbled a little backwards as she gasped, her hands flying to her lips.

We both stared at each other, each waiting for the other to speak first. I could tell she didn't have a clue about what had just happened. The time seemed to have frozen, as we both stood still, holding our breathes. A sudden draft of wind blew over us, snapping us out of our thoughts and we both shivered.

"I-I.. I'll stay in-in the guest room." She stuttered, her cheeks flaming red as she tried to avoid my eyes. I nodded briefly, my lips still tingling. Without looking at me, she left the room.

I sighed, my shoulders sagging as she disappeared. What the fuck did just happen? I screamed in my head. Really Draco? A girl tries to console you and you pounce on her like a sex-deprived nutter. I thought, banging my fist on the railing.

A pop sounded in the room and I turned around as Weezy came into view.

"Mistress wants Weezy to fetch young Master Draco." He bowed, his hands clasped tightly on his little protruding belly. I let out another sigh, before nodding. Mother will have my head if I skip dinner, but she'll also know something happened if I show up.

You're screwed either way buddy, the voice in my head added. I cursed out loud making the elf jump, startled.

"You may leave now Weezy. Tell Mother I'll be joining her shortly," I told the elf and it disappeared with another deep bow.

What had just happened? Did she do it on purpose? Or was it a spur of the moment thing? Was this some sort of revenge for all the years of bullying she had endured? There were a million questions running through my head, to the point that I felt irritated by my overactive imagination. Stop overanalysing it Draco, I told myself.

When I entered the dining hall a few minutes later, Mother and Hermione were already seated and Weezy was serving dinner. I took my seat opposite to Hermione.

"What took you so long?" Mother asked, pausing her conversation with her to look at me. I felt Hermione's eyes snap up to my face but I kept my eyes on my mother.

"I was going through some important papers." I lied through my teeth. She shook her head at me, giving me a pointed look.

"Weezy has made Master's favourite dish for tonight's meal. Weezy knows how much Master Draco likes lamb chops with mint salad." The little elf chimed, wobbling under the weight of the heavy dish he had perched over his head.

I took the platter from his small hands and placed it in front of me. "Thank you Weezy, I do like your cooking," I said. The elf broke into a big grin, bowing once again.

"Weezy is so pleased to hear that. Weezy hopes Master enjoys his dinner," and with that he left. I turned around with a small shake of my head to find Hermione's eyes still trained on me. She blushed and immediately dropped her eyes to the plate before her, nibbling on her food. I could tell she was in deep thought.

"So Hermione, tell me more about your parents," Mother interjected, breaking the silence that had fell upon us momentarily. I looked up briefly, as Hermione took a sip of water and put the glass down before lightly dabbing her napkin over her lips.

Her eyes snapped on me and she blushed yet again. Merlin, what the heck! The clunking of our spoons resounded as she began speaking,

"My parents are Dentists. They are muggle healers. They specifically look after people's teeth and all sorts of diseases related to them."

"And they do all that without magic?" The surprise in Narcissa's voice was, for once, not derogatory or mocking. She truly sounded amazed at such a prospect. Hermione nodded patiently, her face neutral. I could tell she still felt vary of speaking so openly about her parents to Mother of all people.

"That's so clever. I'm always astounded to find out the many ways muggles have found to go about their lives without magic. Right Draco?" She turned to me and I nodded, taking another bite of my food. I was trying to eat quickly without it being too noticeable as to escape the table sooner. It was becoming too awkward as the minutes went by.

Finally, Weezy came back to clear the table and I was able to excuse myself from the presence of my mother. She did give me a questioning look but I ignored it, quickly make my way back to my room.

As I lay in my bed much later, the moon shining through the glass window, I couldn't help but recall each and every encounter I had with Hermione in the past two months. Only two months had passed and it somehow felt longer than that.

This task that we had been set to do, had somehow managed to turn our thoughts around, about so many things. From being arch-nemesis, we had become good friends. The memory of her lips pressing onto mine flashed through my head and I groaned, cursing under my breathe.

This needs to stop if I want to survive another term working together in a close space with her. I thought angrily. This was a mistake surely, an act purely driven by temporary emotions and lapse of judgement, no need to analyse the shit out of it. You sound like a fucking girl Draco, get a hold of yourself. It was Just. A. Fucking. Kiss.

I fell asleep like that, trying to convince my mind about one thing or another. There were after all, more pressing matters than a silly kiss.

Yeah right.

***

We returned to Hogwarts right after a quick breakfast which Mother forced down our throats. We both had silently agreed to ignore what had happened the previous night. There was still a little awkwardness, but we were both trying our best to overcome it.

Professor McGonagall greeted us when we stepped out of her fireplace and after a quick description of our trip, we were both allowed to go our separate ways. We returned to our respective dormitories to rest. It had, definitely been an eventful trip. I was still worked up after the talk with Mother. Although I tried to not show it, I know Mother could sense it too. She was always so observant. The look on her face when I hugged her goodbye was proof enough. I knew she'd either floo or write to me soon about it.

"Hey, Drake!"

I looked up from my place on the couch in the common room, where I'd found myself reclining, to see Charlotte standing over me, grinning pleasantly. The uncanny resemblance between her and Pansy threw me off for a second.

"What do you want?" I grunted, easing back and resting my head on the couch. She rolled her eyes before plopping down next to me.

"Where did you disappear off to last night? I was looking all over the place for you. You skipped dinner as well,"

"Are you stalking me?" I leveled back at her. She giggled before nudging my side off-handedly.

"Ha! In your dreams. I was bored and thought you'd want some company too. You're never not busy," she replied, with an eye roll. I was sure one day her eyes would probably roll out of her sockets.

"I do have a life after all," I said after a moment of contemplation. She pulled her tongue at me, and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Stuff it, you. I can never expect a straight answer from you. Anyways, are you free today?" She asked, propping one leg over the other.

"Depends, why?"

"Let's go to Hogsmeade," she suggested.

I raised a brow at her. "And why would we do that? You know very well that you cannot step out of Hogwarts premises without permission."

"Honestly Draco? You think that has ever stopped people from going? You sound like a freaking Ravenclaw right now." She huffed.

"Besides," she continued, looking away, "The Old cat has gone off to London. She won't be around tonight. So let's have fun!"

Her idea did sound appealing. Moreover, I hadn't been able to wind down after the disastrous Ball. And also, with everything that had happened at the manor, I was a little too stressed out to face Granger yet. The more I thought over it, the need for a firewhisky grew. I could already feel the burn of the drink in my throat.

"Well..?" she inquired, her lips upturned into a half smirk.

"Alright, I'm game." I conceded. Her face broke out into a full grin and I shook my head at her.

"Great, I'll meet you in the Entrance Hall at six." With that, she got up and trotted away, towards her dorm.

Six o'clock came too soon and I found myself dragging my arse to the Entrance Hall, still not feeling quite right. There was just too much going on in my head. Charlotte stood on the side of the giant front door, her arms folded across her chest. She straightened up as I made my way over to her.

"Right on time. Let's get going then," she chimed, dragging me outside. I followed her, without complaint, which was saying something. She began chattering my ear off, talking about all sort of non-sense that I had no interest in, whatsoever.

Down the stone pathway we went, towards Hagrid's paddock, on the edge of the forest. Just as we reached Hagrid's hut, the door at the front opened and Hermione walked out, carrying a bundle of parchment in her arms. Surprised, I stopped in my tracks, watching her as she said good-bye to the half giant and turned around.

My instinctive response was to duck behind the nearest bush but I held my ground, gritting my teeth in annoyance. 'What the fuck is wrong with me?' I thought angrily.

Hermione made her way over to where we stood, her face buried in the  bundle of parchments in her arms, not paying attention to where she was going- until she walked straight into me.

"Ouch! I'm so sorry.. I-" she started, as we both stumbled. I caught her arm just in time, preventing her from toppling over. She looked up into my eyes and froze for a moment. Pulling her upright, despite my insides screaming at me, I let go of her.

"Charlotte, we need to go-" I began, turning to the side instead, trying my best to ignore the Gryffindor before me.

"Char?" I called, when she didn't respond. She stood still, her eyes locked onto something far in the distance. She seemed to have frozen too. I followed her stunned gaze which was trained at something on the edge of the forest- but there seemed to be nothing but trees there.

"Charlotte?" Hermione called out snapping the girl out of her reverie. She spun around, her eyes wide.

"Hey.. Yeah, what? Sorry, didn't catch that.." She stammered, looking quite flustered.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, glancing behind her towards the trees too.

"No-Yes.. Yes I'm fine. I-I think, I saw those damned thestrals. Such frightening creatures ,  don't you think?" Charlotte replied, raking a hand through her hair. I frowned at her odd behaviour.

"I think we better get going if we want to come back before dinner." I said, catching Hermione's eyes again.

"Yeah- alright. Let's go."

"Are you guys going somewhere?" Hermione asked before we could begin walking again. We both turned around to look at her.

"Yeah, we're having a little alone time. Draco's been pretty worked up lately. So we decided to just take a little break." Charlotte said.

Charlotte glanced at me. My eyes however, were trained on Hermione's face. She looked slightly taken aback by her explanation but she refrained from saying anything, just merely nodded and turned away. I felt a slight pang in my chest, but I ignored it.

We started back towards the forest whilst Hermione went back to the castle, and within minutes had walked deep into the heart of it, so much that the sky disappeared and we were surrounded by thick trees and darkness. Muttering under our breaths, we lit our wands.

We followed the cleared tracked where the wilderness was less tangible and reached a small clearing.
I stopped in the middle of it, looking around.

"Finally!" Charlotte exclaimed, squeezing her shoulder in exhaustion.

"What now?" I asked, when I couldn't find any way that could possibly lead us to Hogsmeade. Granted, I had been involved in many sneak out attempts over the years, but I had so far, always steered clear of the forest. This was a new one for me. But like the other secret passages I had found that led to Hogsmeade, this one was fairly ordinary. It was after all a clearing, like so many others in the huge forest.

"We apparate to our destination, simple." She replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

I raised a brow, folding my arms over my chest. "We can't apparate out of Hogwarts, in case you didn't know."

She purses her lips. "Of course I know, what do you take me for? I'm not dumb.." She mumbled, huffing in anger. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Anyways, we're out of Hogwarts premises. We can apparate from here on." She continued as if I hadn't interrupted. I looked around me once again, frowning.

It seemed completely foolish that even after all the extensive security measures McGonagall had taken all this time, how easy it was to enter or leave Hogwarts without being detected. I felt a pang of trepidation in my stomach. Was this some sort of joke?

"On the count of three then," Charlotte spoke, oblivious to my concerns. I nodded silently. She smiled at me before turning on the spot and vanishing.

I stood there for a moment, contemplating upon my next move before heaving a sigh. I needed to take someone into confidence.

Closing my eyes, I thought of the happiest memory I held, the smiling face of my Mother before uttering, "Expecto Patronum"

The moment the words escaped my mouth though, I found my mum's face transforming into another one. Bushy hair, brown eyes.. I need not think twice before the spell had been cast and there before me stood, my patronus: a large silver eagle with its wings stretched, ready to take flight. It took me a moment to take it in. It was, for the first time as  real as ever, as bright as ever. I was stunned as the same face flashed before my eyes. Hermione's face.

With a nod of my head, I commanded it to take flight, and in a flash it had gone. Still reeling from the surprise of having produced such a strong patronus after such a long time of practice, I spun on the spot too, my destination, The Three Broomstick on my mind.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

26.2K 832 35
"eleanor do not make this harder than it should be!" " you have it your way ...me or him!" i couldn't just pick. i wanted both so badly- they were...
265K 6.9K 24
They're enemies and have been for years. But what happens when they learn something that neither of them expected.
665 41 36
I'm not too young anymore. I have grown up, I hurt. If this is what being an adult is, I don't want it. *All rights is JK Rowling, except my charact...
126 18 17
Cherish the moments, regret little. Finding myself proves to be a difficult task in the middle of a war, but I'll manage. We'll manage.