Suburbia (Troyler AU)

Od TheGayAteMySoul

Completed ~ Ever since Tyler moved to Australia from America, he and his neighbour Troye became best friends... Více

About This Fic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
A Note From The Author

Chapter 6

502 40 24
Od TheGayAteMySoul

Tyler's POV
----
As soon as the doors were locked I let out a loud sigh. Today was so weird, one second it's awkward, then it's all emotional and then we just acted like none of it happened. What was the weirdest thing that happened though was when we sat on that bench. I just wanted to cuddle with Troye but I knew that that would be crossing the line, that's why I pretended to act tired, I mean for crying out loud it wasn't even five yet! However he seemed pretty convinced with my fake yawns.

I made my way to the living room, my feet shuffled across the burnt sienna floorboards. When I reached the couch, I sat down and reached for the tv remote. The tv came alive with the press of one button, and I sat there, I sat there for hours, mind as blank as a white piece of paper.

Three hours into my tv marathon I was beginning to doze off. My eyesight was blurry and my head gradually became heavy, I would have fallen asleep if it wasn't for the abrupt noise coming from the pocket of my jacket.

Hastily I jumped off of the couch and walked over to the coat hanger where the noise was coming from. I reached out for my coat, after struggling for minutes to find the pocket where my phone was the ringing stopped. I was still determined to get my phone out of the stupid pocket so I aggressively touched the coat, pressing down harshly trying to find the phone.

After finally feeling the phone through the fabric is realised it fell through a hole inside the right inside pocket.

"That's one massive hole for a whole phone to fall through," I mumbled reaching for the phone inside the pocket.

After I pulled the phone out I unlocked my screen to see three text messages and one missed call from my mum. I read the three brief texts.

'Hi Ty. Mind if I call you now? I have something important to say and I don't feel text is the best way to say it'
'Ty are you there? I'm gonna call when my shift ends'
'You haven't answered my call. Are you okay honey? Call me when you have the time. I love you Ty <3'

Without a second doubt I clicked the call button. I felt anxious with every passing second that my mum didn't pick up.

"Ty?" My mum's soft voice sounded from the other line.

"Hi mum." My body tensed at the awkward tension between us. This never usually happened when we talked, but today something was different and wrong.

"Ty," a loud sigh left her lips before she started again.
"I have something to tell you, it's something I really don't want to say..." I didn't realise I was biting down harshly on my bottom lip until I felt a slightly metalic liquid on my tongue. I stopped bitting down only to clench my jaw.

"Mum... what is it?" There was silence between the two of us.
"Mum, just tell me, say anything."

"They want me to stay back." A single tear fell down my face when I understood what she was talking about.

"How long?" She stayed silent for a while. It was only a minute later that she let out a shaky breath.

"Two months. I'm so sorry Ty. I know I promised to be back for your birthday but I don't have a choice, Charlie is firing people who don't stay."

"I understand."

"I love you so much Ty. I'll make up for this when I get back."

After the news were out of the way we started having a conversation trying to catch up with the time apart. I told her about Sage's wild 'sleepover' where we sneaked out of the house to a mutual friends party only to find out it was in a strip club.

"Matthew Tyler Oakley I am disappointed," She let a little chuckle escape her lips before carrying on.
"Please tell me more."

I carried on the conversation telling her about Steele's fiance being pregnant and how they announced it.

"This is what Sage told me about that day so sorry if it isn't detailed. So Steele came back from Melbourne, he came into the house and said something along the lines of 'it's so hard being pregnant'. Everyone was confused so Tyde asked him how would he know, Steele's answer was a plain simple 'I mean I'm not pregnant but I did get someone pregnant'. So yeah, that happened." I let out a loud breath after finishing the story.

"Oh I'm so happy for them!" My mum's loud voice rang through my ears.

It was getting late and I felt like all life was drained from me due to the animated conversation we had, but I felt as if I had to tell her one more thing.

"So is this all for today Ty?"

"Actually I have one more thing to say." She let out a soft hum waiting for me to continue.
"Well... do you remember Troye?..."

"Oh my gosh! Troye! Is he back!?" I laughed at my mums enthusiasm.

"Yeah."

"Ty is everything alright?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" My head tilted slightly in confusion.

"It's just that you sound so... so... so disappointed. Are you still made about him leaving?" As much as I wanted to say she was wrong, I couldn't.

"It's just... I don't know! We hung out today and it seemed so weird. One minute it's all awkward and then it's just like nothing bad ever happened. And there... is something else..." My voice was shaky and I was on the verge of crying.

"What is it?" Concern flooded her voice and I just wanted to hug her tight, I wanted to finally feel loved again.

"I...I... I wanted to... never mind." I didn't know what I wanted to say, what did I really want? What was I going to tell her? Why does my heart ached every time I think about it?

I stopped my train of thoughts as my mum finally spoke.
"I don't want to pressure you into saying anything. Just know that I will always listen, and I will never, EVER, judge you."

"Thank you. "

"Now I better get going. Hug the Mellet family for me, also tell your father I love him."

"Sure." My stomach began to ache at the thought of talking to my father, even worse I would have to say the word 'love' to him.

"Bye sweetie."

"Bye."

The line went silent.

Slowly I walked to the kitchen, forcefully I opened the fridge looking around for anything I could eat. The only food I could find was leftover chicken.

"What should I choose? Is the answer gonna be chicken, or is it gonna be chicken?" I pulled the plate out of the fridge and put it into the microwave. As the food was being heated up I grabbed a glass and poured some apple juice into it.

The front doors opened, my father's slouched body entered the house. An angry sigh left his lips as he forcefully slammed the doors shut.

He made his way into the kitchen. Angrily he opened the fridge, he let out a loud huff as he saw the lack of food.

"You're going shopping tomorrow." I didn't reply.
"You hear me?!" I nodded as I opened the microwave to get the warm food.

My father simply opened the treats cabinet and pulled out a chocolate bar out of it.

"Mum called." He turned his head around to face me, then he just nodded and left the room.

~

The night was uneventful. Silence consumed the house, not even a single noise came from the outside.

~

My eyes slowly opened, my room was lit up with the glowing yellow light emitted by the sun.

I slowly pushed myself of the bed. My bare feet touched the cold wooden floor sending chills down my spine. Standing up I grabbed a fresh t-shirt from the cupboard next to the bed. I discarded the top I had on and I lazily threw it on my bed.

I got dressed relatively quickly. I was wearing a black top with a floral pocket and a pair or beige skinny jeans.

I checked my phone for the time. It was only thirty minutes passed ten so I decided to watch some tv for a while.

When the show ended it was already quarter to twelve. I jumped of the couch and turned the tv off. I quickly put my jacket and shoes on, grabbed my wallet, phone and keys and then left my house heading straight to the supermarket.

I, stupidly, decided not to take my dad's car saying to myself it was a waste of fuel. I started to regret my decision when I was in store, my hands already aching from holding the heavy basket.

I dragged my body to the next isle. My eyes started down at my dirty shoes. Due to not paying any attention to where I was going I bumped into someone's side.

"Oof!"

"Do you mind- oh, hi Tyler." The person I bumped into just happened to be Troye. I felt a blush spread over my cheeks when I realised I was still standing really close to him.

"What brings you here so early?"

"I could ask you the same question." He ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"I asked first." He let out a playful sigh and looked at me properly for the first time since I bumped into him.

"Well, my parents left me without supplies." I looked at the contents of his basket and laughed.

"There is literally five jars of Nutella in there."

"So? I don't see what's wrong with that." He then looked at my basket.
"It's not like yours is any better. You only have junk food."

"Touché."

After our little conversation we decided to do our shopping together. We gave each other judging stares as we added more and more junk food into our baskets.

"The healthy area." Troye breathed in the air that surrounded the 'healthy area' as he liked to call it.

"Aren't you excited." I laughed at his eagerness and started walking up to the fruit section.

"I just missed the smell of actual fruit."

"They have fruit in America Troye." He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I know. It's just that it's not the same."

"Whatever." I waved my hands as if to say 'I give up'.

With all our groceries in the baskets, we headed for the checkout. Troye was infront of me since he had the least to get scanned.

We payed for everything and left the shop. Troye made his way to the parking lot, I walked along side him to invested in our conversation to realise he had stopped.

"The car's here Ty."

"Oh. Well, see ya later."

"Tyler?" I turned around as he called my name.

"Huh?"

"Don't you want a lift?" I stood in place staring blankly at him.
"Whatever, you're getting a lift." He unlocked the car, he grabbed my bags and put them in the back.

"Thanks." I reached out to open the car doors. I sat down on the soft beige leather seat and looked out of the window. The door to the drivers side opened causing a gust of cold air enter the car.

"Where to?" I looked at Troye with a confused expression.

"What?"

"I asked if you want to go somewhere. We could go and drop the groceries off and then go somewhere. What do you think?"

"Umm...y-yeah, sure." A soft smile appeared on his face.

We drove in a comfortable silence, after a while however he reached for the radio and turned it on to a random station.

A few minutes later the radio host announced the next song. What he said surprised me a little bit.

"And now we will play a song from an up and coming artist from Australia who moved to America two years ago to pursue his music career, here we have Troye Sivan's song Ease featuring Broods from his album Wild. Enjoy!"

Troye's face went blank, he quickly reached for the radio to change the station but I covered up the buttons.

"Ty," His voice was laced with annoyance, but there was something else, it was fear.

"I won't laugh, plus I already heard you sing."

"I know..."

"Look where you're going!" I practicality screamed when he missed the red light and nearly drove into truck.

"Shit!" Troye was able to maneuver the car so it didn't hit anything.
"Where did that come from?" He laughed slightly trying to forget that he nearly killed us.

We became silent again, however this time the radio was on and it was playing his song. I leaned in and turned it up, his amazing vocals filled the air around us. I started tapping to the tune and he quietly hummed along.

"You know, I always knew you were going to be famous." Troye stopped at the red lights, he turned his head and faced me, there was a wide smile on his face and a subtle blush covered his cheeks.

"Thanks. Thanks for everything. I wouldn't have made it without you." This time it was my time to blush.

"Oh please, you would have been famous without my help, I did nothing."

"Yes you did. You told me to never give up, even when times were tough you supported me."

The light turned green and troye once again started the car. We soon arrived at my house, I went to get my bags from the back and quickly dropped them off inside the house. We did the same with Troye's groceries.

When everything was dropped off at his house we made our way back to the car.

"So? Where to?"

"Well... you owe me lunch."

"Oh yeah. So where do you wanna eat?" I considered my options.

"We could just find a little restaurant or something. I don't mind."

"Okay then." He started the car and we were both on the road once again.

----------------------------------
AN
Hello again. It me. So yeah another update! Yeah I know this chapter is all over the place, just bear with me! Next chapter should be full of fluff so yeah.

Did you guys see the new video on troye's channel? It's the one for Heaven and it actually made me emotional! I can't wait for blue neighbourhood! Only 2 weeks left!!!

In other news I went to the hospital during the night :( and I got to miss school so I guess that's good :)

Also I told my mum I'm demisexual and she didn't know what that meant so I explained it to her and she said I would 'grow out of it' and 'have sex no matter what' so yeah, thanks mum for being so understanding *obvious sarcasm is obvious*

Okay I should get going now!

Stalk me on Twitter or whatever IsTroylerTrash

Baiiiiiiiii!!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

177K 10.5K 42
Tyler is a Fire. He's a hot-headed student who seems to do well without trying. Troye is a Water. He wants to do well but he'll just go with the flow...
55.2K 3.5K 33
"I know I probably shouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't be disappointed or angry that he no longer loves me the way he used to. I know it's my fault...
8.1K 756 15
Agent Mathew Oakley boards a helicopter for his mission in Sydney Australia to save Ex-agent Troye Sivan from Russian assassins, But with all of the...
1.4K 34 13
TYLER AND SAWYER PLZ READ? :D Sawyer~ A teen who's family is looked at as perfect. He loves books, old moives, and old songs. And he just happens to...