The Dragon Knight; The Secret...

De Emskie-Wings

** Book Two ** Blanchefleur disappeared in the Desert without a trace. She is completely cut off from the wor... Mai multe

The Secrets of the Desert (Prologue)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 1)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 2)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 3)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 4)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 5)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 6)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 7)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 8)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 9)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 11)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 12)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 13)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 14)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 15)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 16)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 17)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 18)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 19)
Note

The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 10)

3.2K 132 13
De Emskie-Wings

“Are you sure you are okay now?” Robin asked once more as we were breaking down camp. Lassa was saddling up the two remaining horses, his own and Robin had found mine again. I was sure he was listening but he was pretending not to. Just like he had done last night.

We had sat around the fire together and he just stared off into the flames or had made sure the horses were okay while Robin tended to me. He had washed the Red Fog Water off as best as he could be the more came off the more I found myself falling asleep, finally. But I hadn’t fallen asleep immediately. Robin had been able to get me to talk for a good half hour before I finally drifted off.

I knew Lassa watched us the entire time. I knew he had been watching while Robin poured water over my head. I knew he had been watching Robin burn the wet clothing after I had changed into something dry. I knew he had been watching us as Robin sat down next to me to try and warm me up. And I knew he had been listening to every word that was exchanged.

But I hadn’t cared. What did it matter if he saw Robin and I interact? It didn’t. But I was grateful that he just let us be for the night and didn’t try to make me feel guilty or whatever by telling me how stupid I had been. Instead he had tried to turn the conversation away from it. For that I was very grateful.

“Yes, don’t worry. I’m fine now. A good night sleep can do wonders.” I smiled but it felt so fake on my face. Sure I did feel better but not completely rested yet. Not that it matter. Once I got on Zjarr’s back I would forget all about it and just enjoy the amazing feeling of sitting on her back while she flew high above the trees.

Robin didn’t see right through me, or if he did he didn’t comment on it. He just nodded. “So, are you heading straight to Ädelsten then?”

“No,” I said shaking my head. “I’m going back to Leht first. Priam said he was heading back to the archives soon and I asked if I could come with him. It’s on the way to Rubis anyway. I want to see what happened at the archives. After that I’m going straight for Ädelsten.”

“Are you still planning on stopping at Fullmåne?”

“Yes. A quick scan of the library and then I’ll be on my way to Teixeira. I’ll wait for you there before entering the capital. Or you might have to wait for me if you get there first.”

I grinned and after a handful of seconds where I thought he wouldn’t, he returned my smile. That made me feel slightly better. But then the smile slipped off his face and I could see that he really didn’t like this; us going our separate way, if only for a few days. I walked up to him and grabbed his hands, squeezing them a little before swinging our arms from left to right like my sister would do whenever I was sad.

“Come on, don’t worry. We’ve going our separate ways before. Sure it was only for a couple of days before you caught up with me but at least this time it is planned and you know where I’ll be. And it’s not like the Desert where I’m just going to disappear of the face of the earth.”

I gazed up at his face, trying to keep the hope on my own. He just had to trust me. Sure I didn’t like that we weren’t going on together but it wasn’t like he was going back to the Elfique Forest and never coming out again. And whether or not he was going to take the potion he needed to tell Svadilfari his decision.

“Will you just go with Lassa to Sable Sucé and then go on to the Elfique Forest, get your potion or not, and deliver Sofia’s letter to the Queen as well as Anila and Haizea?” I asked him, knowing that whatever answer I was going to get right now was final.

He stared down at me for a moment, unseeing. He didn’t even seem to notice he had stopped me from swinging our arms. Behind him I could see Lassa looking at us but I paid him no mind. Then Robin closed his eyes and sighed.

“Yes, I will. Just give me the letter and go before I change your mind.”

I grinned like an idiot as I rushed to the bag filled with letters already attached to one of Zjarr’s spike. I ruffled through the papers until I found the right one and went to back to Robin. I held out the letter for him to take but when he took it I didn’t let go right away; I held on just long enough to place a kiss on his cheek. Then I let go and climbed up Zjarr’s front paw before settling at the base of her neck.

“See you in a few days,” I waved at Robin, who still stood rooted on the same spot seeming a bit dazed. “And I’ll see you in a couple of weeks or so,” I added for Lassa. And finally I spoke to Zjarr, “Let’s go and see if Priam really waited for us.”

Without even replying she pushing off the ground and was through the cover of trees within seconds. I had to hold on tight until she straightened out and just let the wind carry her.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Are you sure you want to see this?” Priam asked me for the hundredth time. Not the hundredth time since I decided to come with him to the archives but the hundredth time since we landed. I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. At first I didn’t mind him asking but now it was becoming annoying. “Sorry, I can’t help it. I feel like I should be keeping you away from this all and not bringing you to it. Don’t take it personal but I feel a little protective of you because you look like Elize.”

He really did look uncomfortable telling me that. But I was glad he did because now I knew I had to drill it into his head that I was his daughter.

“I’m not her, Priam. And don’t treat me as if I was.”

“I know you’re not. It’s just…” He looked torn, like he didn’t know if he should be telling me what was bothering him. “I had always hoped that by the time I could leave Istana Pasir I could get to see her and her brother again. I knew it wouldn’t happen but I couldn’t help but hope. And now that I’m finally out, they have been dead for even longer than me.”

His eyes had glazed over and I felt sorry for the way I spoke to him earlier. I knew the feeling of your hopes crashing down. Probably not to the same extend as his hopes but it was the same feeling. I grabbed his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze like I had done for Robin earlier that day.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…”

“I know you didn’t. And it’s not your fault. But you have no idea what it’s like for parents not being able to see their children because they just aren’t there. Sofia and I knew that the moment they left Istana Pasir we wouldn’t see them again but I think the reality didn’t really sink in until I saw you sleeping in our bed.”

Priam ran his free hand through his now short light brown hair and stared off into space for a minute or so before he came back and focused again. He smiled down at me, only casting a brief glance at the dragons before pulling me towards the archives. Zjarr was pretending to sleep though I knew that is Isen made one move out of line she would have her golden eyes wide open. And Isen had decided that Zjarr wasn’t going to any trouble so had dropped the caged predator look and settled down for a nap as well. He was still looking at us though and wouldn’t close his eyes until we were out of sight. I guessed that much for his stare.

“Come on; let me show you what you are going to be fighting.” He grinned like a little kid.

“Why are you so excited about this? Isn’t this the evil that is trying to destroy everything?”

“Yes, but it is still impressive to watch him work his magic. As much as I hate to admit it.” He grabbed a torch from the wall, used magic to light it and lead the way down to the underground maze. In the little light I could see him frown before he paused and turned to me. “Don’t tell Sofia what I just said; she would be less than happy with me.”

“Don’t worry; your secret is safe with me. Now show me this evil!”

He led the way down the stairs and through dark hallways, around corners and through big empty rooms. He seemed to know where he was going, for which I was glad because I could have never found my way in or out. That thought made me grip his hand only tighter; if I lost him in here I would never get back to the surface again! The darkness fled before Priam’s torch but it threatened to swallow me whole if I didn’t keep close.

And then Priam slowed down and eventually stopped. I could make out the entrance to a room but beyond that only darkness was visible. I went to stand next to him, hoping to see more of the room but everything was still dark even though at least a foot or two should have been visible.

“Why is it so dark?” I whispered. It didn’t feel right to talk any louder; it was as if there was something terrible hiding in the shadows that might find us if we made too much noise.

“Amongst Dragon Knights, Seelan is known best for his shadows. This is what is left of the magic he used here. These shadows are the real danger; always have been, always will be.”

Okay so maybe there wasn’t anything terrible hiding in the shadows; the shadows were the terrible thing. Good to know.

But then something clicked.

“Hey! So Zjarr was right. We are fighting shadows!”

Immediately I slammed a hand over my mouth, hearing my voice echo through the hallways. Priam just smiled at me as if my fear was funny. This darkness reminded me of that in the tunnel leading to Istana Pasir; there was nothing naturel about it. This wasn’t the darkness that came with the night. This wasn’t the darkness I was familiar and comfortable with. This darkness was dangerous.

“Yes, you are fighting shadows. How do you know?”

“I found this book on Dragon Knights that went missing during the Great War, right before the end. The book had been translated so I was able to read it and there was this passage about Ahiga’s fire saying that the ‘emerald green flames that burned through shadows like it was flesh and blood’ and we sort of put it together.” I said, briefly changing my voice for the quotation.

Priam looked surprised but just nodded. Thinking back to the book of lost Dragon Knights, which I had stupidly left in Sablier, I realized that I hadn’t come across Priam’s pages yet. I would have to read those before I returned to Istana Pasir. But for now I focused on the shadows.

Priam took a few steps into the room and I followed close behind so that I wouldn’t be caught in the shadows. “Wouldn’t it be easier to ask Light to light up the place a bit?” I whispered.

“She can’t. I tried. Even my magic didn’t seem to work.”

“So, it’s powerful magic this shadow stuff. Look,” I pointed to the edge of the circle the torch lit up. Another torch lay on the ground. I walked over and went to grab it was I noticed some sort of black stuff on the end. “What is this sticky black stuff?” I asked the Dragon Knight after poking at it with my finger.

“That, my dearest young Knight, is what you get when shadows are burned by normal fire. When it is burned by dragon fire you get bones, as weird as it might sound.” He approached the flame of the torch to the sticky shadows and burned it off. When there was nothing left he picked up the torch and lit it before handing it to me.

“And those bones; they don’t happen to be very sharp and pointy, do they?” I asked, wary of the answer.

“Yes, why?”

“Because I fell on a pile of those bones when the Desert swallowed me up. It freaked me out and one of them went right through my thigh.” Unconsciously one of my hands lowered and gently rubbed the spot where I had been hurt.

“You might know that Ahiga got hurt at the wing during that fight, Sofia healed it but they were already too close to the ground. When they hit the sand, or go swallowed up like you say, they still had to get rid of those shadows. I guess she never thought to clean the place.”

I nodded, knowing how Ahiga had been hurt. The rest was new but it all made sense. Lifting the torch higher above my head in the hope of seeing a little more, I moved around the place. There were plenty of bookcases filled with books and dust. But it was obvious something was wrong, and I wasn’t talking about the sticky shadows everywhere or the mess that had been created. I was talking about the books that were obviously missing.

“Do you have any idea what was in the books that are gone?” I asked as my finger trailed over the back of the remaining books. They were all dusty, some covered in sticky shadows, and none of the words seemed to make any sense. I could read what they said but the way they were stuck together wasn’t logical.

“Mostly history from after the war. I think Seelan is trying to learn about what he missed. Though there are a few spell books missing. I won’t know exactly until I check the remaining books, which is going to take me at least two weeks.”

“Maybe I should leave you to it then. I honestly don’t see how I can be of help here,” I sighed, looking around me and seeing nothing but darkness. Honestly, I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible; I had had enough unnatural darkness to last me a while.

“It would be best.” Priam nodded but didn’t make any moves to leave and kept looking around. It was like he was searching for something. Then he sighed and walked toward the exit, signing for me to follow. “Come on; let’s get the Princess back to the surface.”

And for once, I didn’t mind the title. If it meant he would bring me back to the sun, the moon and the stars then he could call me Princess until the day I died for all I cared. I grabbed his hand hard enough to cut the blood circulation but Priam didn’t seem to care or to notice as he navigate his way back to the surface.

The sunlight poured in before we even made it to the top of the stairs. It felt so good to see the sun again and its heat on my skin; I hadn’t even realized just how cold it had been down there. I let out a sigh of relief and appreciation as I stepped out of the archives and into the sunlight.

Both dragons were lying where we had left them and both opened their golden eyes at the same time. I couldn’t imagine how dragons ever got any sleep if they woke up at every move their Knights made. Zjarr simply raised her head as I walked over to her, letting the heat from her body seep into my own. Isen immediately stood as Priam walked over to him and I knew just by looking at them that they were having a mental conversation. What it was about I had no idea.

“How was it?” Zjarr asked me herself, though, without a doubt, had she felt what I had felt.

“Creepy. Unnatural darkness just like before I reached Istana Pasir. And shadows; I have never considered shadows as dangerous or threatening but down there they most definitely are.”

“Blanchefleur? Are you heading straight to the next capital?”

I turned around to look at Priam. “Yes, Ädelsten. I would rather go there then back down into the archives. I’m glad that is your job.”

He looked a bit surprised and then grinned. “You sound so much like Elize when you say that. But I get the feeling; I always preferred to send Sofia into the fire whereas I prefer to face a snowstorm. Must have something to do with the dragons.”

“Well, next time you go down there you might want to light your torch with dragon fire.” When he looked confused I added, “To burn some of the shadows away. Bones are less scary than those shadows.”

“You seem to forget Isen doesn’t breathe fire but ice.”

Right. As cool as it sounded it sucked at a moment like this. Without me even having to ask Zjarr turned to the torch Priam was holding and let you just the tiniest flame. It flew straight to the torch, putting out the original fire and the new flame burning brighter and hotter. Priam smiled his thanks while Isen looked ready to roll his eyes.

“If that is all, we are going to leave the two of you to your job while we do ours,” I started before remembering, “And don’t forget to bring the last guard’s body back up to the surface.”

“What body? I already brought them all back to the surface the first time I was here.”

I frowned, thinking back to what I had seen on our way in. The darkness had hidden almost everything but I was sure I had seen something lying on the floor. It hadn’t been the same sticky shadow mess and had been too large to be a dead animal.

“I’m pretty sure I saw another guard in one of the tunnels.”

Priam frowned and turned back to the entrance of the archives. He just stared at the door but I knew there was more to it. Magic. He was probably checking if there really was something, or someone, down there. I hoped that I was wrong, that I had imagined everything and that there was no one down there; nothing but those threatening shadows that were more than capable of sending a shiver down my spine. It wasn’t very comforting but I couldn’t think how terrible it must be for someone to still be down there, whether they were alive or dead.

Then his face changed, realization swept over it as he froze. He turned his head back to me, his eyes wide, almost in horror. For a second he stared at me before taking off back into the darkness of the archives.

“Priam, what are you…” I called after him but he was gone before I could even finish. So I turned to Isen for an explanation but the dragon looked just as stunned at his Knight had looked. Well wasn’t that great. Neither the dragon nor the Knight would be any help like this. I ran to grab the torch where I had thrown it to the ground and held it up to Zjarr. She let another tiny flame escape and it replaced the already burning flame on the torch.

Taking a deep breath I stepped into the darkness once more. Heading down the stairs, the first thing I noticed, besides the fact that I had no idea where I needed to go, that the shadows seemed to back away from the light of the torch whereas earlier they seemed to close in around it. It was comforting to know that Zjarr’s fire would keep me safe.

Now, how was I going to find Priam again in this maze?

“I’ll guide you,” a voice cut through my thoughts. Isen. Of course he would know where his Knight was; Zjarr seemed to always be able to find me. So I listened to what the icy blue dragon told me and followed his directions closely. It was a little unnerving to navigate through these shadows on my own but I trusted the dragon to lead me to Priam, who could easily find his way back up. Or so I hoped at least.

After roaming through the dark for a few minutes I was starting to wonder if I would even find him. But when I rounded yet another corner I saw light at the end of the corridor. That could only mean one thing. Rushing over I found Priam’s torch on the ground, still burning, while he was crouched down next to a body on the floor. When I stopped next to him he looked up at me and nodded towards his torch. I picked it up and held both up as I knelt beside him.

“Is he…” I started.

“No, though it’s a miracle he isn’t. Help me get him up so that we can get him back to the surface.”

All I could do was nod and take both torches in one hand, before grabbing the man’s other arm. Together we pulled him up, though Priam did most of the work and he carried the weight of the man. “You must stand on your own feet, at least try.” Priam told the man in a tone that had nothing teasing, like I had heard already quite often, nor was it completely serious. It was concern that I heard, which was a first. To my surprise the guard grunted something in answer. I had at the very least expected that he would be unconscious. It was probably a good sign that he wasn’t.

“Blanchefleur, walk ahead but stay close.” I was tempted to roll my eyes; like I would leave him now and walk away on my own, I had no idea where I needed to go.

The way back to the surface was slow. Priam had to carry most of the guard’s weight even though the man dragged his feet over the ground the best he could. The stairs were harder and Priam needed my help but otherwise I only held one torch to burn the shadows ahead and the other between me and Priam with the guard to keep them away there.

After what felt like forever I finally saw the sunlight appearing for the second time that day. Priam came up the last few steps with difficulty and was out of breath, but he didn’t complain. Once I was outside I put the torches aside and went back to help with the final meters. The dragons approached curiously while Priam put the guard down on the ground and immediately his hands glowed with blue light from Water.

I just looked, knowing that I couldn’t possibly be any good. Although I hoped the guard would be okay I mostly wanted to know if he remembered something, what he could tell us about the attack.

“Do you think he will be okay?” I asked Priam after a while but he was still too busy to answer me. Looking at the guard’s face, I could see his eyes moving behind his eyelids. He seemed agitated. He started mumbling softly and I knelt down closer to him in the hopes of hearing his words.

Just as I thought that I would be able to make out some of the words his eyes opened and he sat bolt upright, pushing Priam to the ground and almost bashing his head into mine if I hadn’t backed away quickly.

“The shadows! Watch out for the shadows!” He screamed once, twice, three times before he seemed to go slack again and fell back to the ground, his eyes closed once more.

I blinked, looking from the guard to the other Knight, who looked just as stunned as I felt. At least we knew that he remembered.

“Okay. What now?” I asked Priam.

“There isn’t much we can do. You go on to Ädelsten and I’ll get this man back to the castle with Isen.”

I nodded, knowing that I should get going if I wanted to reach the capital before nightfall but it seemed crazy to do something else while the guard needed the attention. But there was nothing I could do.

“Just go. Get your fighters together so that this won’t happen again. Leave this to me; it’s what is expected of me. After all, us, lost Knights, have been given the job to search and gather all there is to know about Seelan and whatever he does. Don’t worry about any of it and just go.”

Still feeling a bit torn, I said my goodbyes to Priam and Isen before climbing onto Zjarr’s back. With one last look at them, Zjarr pushed off to the sky and before I knew it I couldn’t even see Isen anymore. Letting out a long sigh I relaxed a little onto Zjarr’s neck, watching out with the spikes nonetheless.

“This day seems to go on and on, doesn’t it?” Zjarr asked.

“You have no idea,” I mumbled back, feeling the remaining effects of the Red Fog Water catch up with me slowly. Luckily I didn’t have to focus on anything in particular, which would have only exhausted me further.

--------------------------------------------------

Under the watchful eye of half a dozen guards, Zjarr landed in the Dragon Knight quarters of the Ädelsten royal castle. The moon had risen about an hour ago or something and thus the guards were less than pleased to see a dragon approach. Zjarr was too tired to care about not scaring anyone and I completely agreed with her.

Though I had noticed one thing.

“You fly slower when Robin is with us, don’t you?” It had taken us two days to travel from Sablier to Leth but those two cities were much closer than Leth was to this capital. It should have taken us at least four days.

“Of course. He doesn’t like flying; it would be rude of me to make him even more uncomfortable by flying at a normal speed. When he travels with us I just let the wind carry me where I need to go,” She explained just before letting out a yawn, which had all the guards on their toes.

I jumped of Zjarr’s back and walked over to one of the guards. “Is it too late for me to see King Darien and Queen May? And preferably his son, Prince Silvess as well.”

The guard looked at me suspiciously before asking me rather stiffly, “Who shall I tell him wants to see him?”

“Tell him Princess Blanchefleur has a message for him, but that she is not her on behalf of Tanah Bulan.”

The guard left, leaving all the others here to ‘guard’ me and Zjarr, which was just stupid. If Zjarr wanted to be a threat she would be and those guards couldn’t stop her. But I guess whatever made them feel important worked. I stumbled back to Zjarr, feeling ready to call it a night and slip into bed. I hadn’t eaten anything since this morning but right now it was late enough for me not to care whether I ate before tomorrow morning or not.

I was honestly about to fall asleep when I heard steps coming up the stairs quickly, followed by four little words that I knew very well.

“Princess, you really shouldn’t.”

I didn’t even bother sitting up because I thought I imagined it all; I was tired, weirder things had happened. But then the door burst open with too much noise and force for it to be one of those stiff guards. In walked a girl about my age with light brown hair. She was wearing a pair of pants that were torn at the knees and a shirt that was too big for her. Briefly she froze as she saw Zjarr but a smile spread on her face almost immediately afterwards. Without any fear she approached Zjarr, only noticing me a bit later.

Decided the dragon’s fatigue, Zjarr stood up, extending her neck to stop the girl a good distance away from me. Always protecting me. But the girl didn’t look bothered, in fact, her smile only grew wider.

“Wow, Franklin, can you believe this? A real dragon! This is so cool.” She exclaimed, turning briefly to the man who had followed her in.

He looked a bit older than us but extremely tired. Maybe he had to follow this girl around all day; that should be tiresome if she walked around all day with so much energy. Suddenly I felt a bit guilty for all the people that used to be charged with keeping an eye on me when I was younger. Maybe that was why my father decided to just let me wander around freely but have all the guards keep an eye on me if I passed them.

“Maybe you should take a step back, Princess,” The young man mumbled.

“Nonsense. I doubt a dragon would waste its time on attacking me.” The girl, the Princess, kept smiling. Zjarr didn’t settle down though, and I wondered why.

I made an effort of getting to my feet, and approaching Zjarr’s head, keeping a hand on the warm scales of her neck at all times. My mind raced as I desperately tried to remember the Princess’ name. Her brother was Silvess but what was her name? Lily? Lisa? Something like that but I couldn’t remember exactly.

When I reached Zjarr’s head, putting my hand on her snout, the girl turned her big, sparkling brown eyes to me. She smiled even wider before speaking to me for the first time.

“Hello, you must be Princess Blanchefleur. I heard Xavier burst into the room where my parents had been and I couldn’t resist coming and seeing you and your dragon when I heard him say there was a Dragon Knight here.” She held out her hand but pulled me into a brief hug when I accepted her hand.

I was completely surprised by the quick move and so was Zjarr because she growled instantly when I left her side. That was what cut the hug short. The Princess let go of me and gave a sheepish smile.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to upset your dragon,” She apologized, looking at Zjarr.

“It’s okay, it was just she didn’t expect me to be pulled away from her. Zjarr tends to be a bit protective.” The girl nodded, repeating Zjarr’s name to herself with a big smile. It seemed like she couldn’t do anything but smile. “I’m sorry; I can’t remember your name. I know it starts with an ‘L’ and an ‘I’ but I can’t seem to recall exactly what it is.”

“Lynn. And don’t worry about it; you must be exhausted. I wouldn’t blame you for not knowing my name.” She gave me a reassuring smile before she went back to staring at Zjarr. Dragon, that girl’s gaze was like that of a dragon.

I heard more footsteps and focused my attention on the door again. Lynn briefly looked behind her before going back to Zjarr like she was more important. The young man, Franklin, looked nervously at the door and then to the Princess. If I didn’t know any better I would think he was in trouble.

Soon the messenger guard reappeared with three more people and a handful of extra guards. Unlike with Lynn I had no doubt about these people identity. The King walked in followed by his son and the Queen. I had a brief flashback to when I confessed to my father about Zjarr and I almost smiled. Except the King looked not only terrified to see a dragon in his castle but also to find his daughter so close; that kept my smile off my lips.

“King Darien,” I stepped forward before he could even say anything. “Finally, I was ready to fall asleep while waiting.” Then I frowned, realizing that might not be the best thing to say to him. “It had been a long day for both me and my dragon, Zjarr. I’m glad I can still talk to you this evening; the sooner we can get this business done, the sooner and can go on with my journey. And please have the same reaction to my dragon as my father had, I’m too tired to deal with the consequences of my dragon’s reaction. And Zjarr is too tired to think past protecting me. So, shall we?”

I had approached the King while I spoke and I could see the surprise on everyone’s face, except, weirdly, on Franklin’s. Silvess’ lips quirked up into a smirk as his eyes moved past me to his sister. His father and mother on the other hand didn’t recovered quite as quickly so Silvess took over.

“Princess,” He started and I tried not to let the displeasure show on my face, he noticed nonetheless. So with a smile he started over, “Dragon Knight Blanchefleur, what a pleasure to see you again. Whatever it is you wish to discuss I think we can do it somewhere more comfortable.”

I grinned at him before turning to Zjarr. “I went from being called young Knight by everyone to being a Dragon Knight. I don’t know when it happened but you should be proud.” To my amusement Zjarr snorted, hiding Lynn in a temporary cloud of black smoke that came out of her nose. I laughed at her reaction and when Lynn reappeared she was laughing to.

Turning back to Silvess I link my arm through his and said, “I think Lynn should come to. She seems like the kind of person that concerns my message as well. Besides, Zjarr needs to go hunting anyway.” Looking over my shoulder I saw Lynn smiling from ear to ear and floating back. I frowned before realizing that Zjarr could also ask the elements for help; Air must be helping her. All the bags less to the ground except for one, which came flying straight at me. With a yelp I managed to catch it and I went to glare at Zjarr.

“Sorry,” She said though she really didn’t mean it. I could hear her laugh.

“Sorry my ass,” I replied before I could stop myself. “That could have seriously…” Zjarr didn’t care much because she pushed off once more and I knew she wouldn’t come back for a couple of hours until she had eating, so lamely I finished with a sigh, “… hurt me.”

“Great dragon, you have there,” Lynn grinned. “Now, are we going to talk or what? I’m curious to see what could possibly concern me as well.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I know it has been a while. There was school, with exam preparation. There was camp NaNoWriMo, which I started but a friend of mine basically wrote everything because I had too much to do for school. But whatever. I hope this is long enough to keep you all happy for a while.

And today there was the corronation of the King in the Netherlands. And I care because I'm Dutch (in case you didn't know). So we get a King and you get a Dragon Knight. Is that a fair trade? =)

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it =)

~~ Bye ~~

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

467K 11.9K 20
[CURRENTLY REVISING] (The 2nd Book of The Royal Series) Geiyianne left Victor after knowing their marriage was not valid and it had complications. Sh...
54 0 15
*Second Book to the Vamcult Series* Fulk Sayles disappeared. Leaving Sky all on her own to deal with the shocking news. Betrothed to a man she wanted...
125 29 16
[First place Fantasy in the Rain flower contest 2022🏅] Victoria is going to school through the woods. All of a sudden, she hears a man's voice calli...
4.3K 248 20
~EDITING~ Book 1 of the Princess Series Claire was a regular werewolf, well she was the best fighter in the pack other than the alpha. She had beat...