Betrothed for Rejection

AroobaAmber1 द्वारा

He hates me...He hates me to such an extent that even though i am lawfully his he wouldnt accept me or look a... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Betrayal
Chapter 2: The Proposal
chapter 3: The Happy Bride
Chapter 4: The New Home
Chapter 5: The Shock
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 8 pt.1 CrossOvers
Chapter 8 pt.2: The Fight
Chapter 9: The Heart to Heart
Chapter 10: The Retribution
Chapter 11: The Turn Of Events
Chapter 12: The Shopping Chaos
Chapter 13: In Memory of the Departed
Chapter 14: The Grey Shirt
Chapter 15: Rose in the Garden
Chapter 16: Putting my foot down
Chapter 17: The Argument
Chapter 18: Welcome to Scotland
Chapter 19: The Storm
Chapter 20: Oreos & Crisps
Chapter 21: The Kiss
Chapter 22: The AfterMath
Chapter 23: Foreign Enemy
Chapter 24: Foreign Enemy Pt.2
Chapter 25: The Fresh Start
Chapter 26: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 27: Broken Trust
Chapter 28: The Twin Sister
Chapter 29: The Wall of Mistrust
Chapter 30: Blending In With The In-Laws
Chapter 31: Happy Birthday
Chapter 32: The Escape
Chapter 33: Blooming Love
Chapter 34: The BeachHouse
Chapter 35: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: Healing Scars
Chapter 37: Hot Blubbering Mess!
Chapter 38: Wedding Shenanigans
Chapter 39: Confessions And Denial
Chapter 40: The Bride The Groom & The Broken Hearts
Chapter 41:The Dawn Of Another Conspirator
Chapter 42: The Red Letter
Chapter 43: Abducted
Chapter 44: Who's It Gonna Be?
Chapter 45: Ends Meet
Chapter 46: Deja Vu!
Chapter 47: I Forgive You!
Author's Note

Chapter 7: The First Rejection

57K 1.7K 177
AroobaAmber1 द्वारा

I wake up abruptly feeling an emmense pain as if hair is being pulled from my skull out.

I scream in agony as I am further pulled of the bed and the warm embrace I was in and then woken up with sharp pointy nails slashing my face.

The slap leaves me shocked and finally I look up to meet Evelyn's fuming green eyes.

"You slut... How dare you try to steal what is mine... You think you can get away with this... Using that old hag as an excuse to get to Adrian... Who knows maybe you left her to starve and di..."

That was enough I could tolerate whatsoever shit she was throwing my way but not what she called my aunt. Quickly getting up and without a second thought I slapped her hard making her face turn to the left and a small cut, thanks to my wedding ring. Hey who knew this could actually come in handy I thought.

"Don't you ever dare talk about my aunt that way ever again... You hear me... I don't care about what complex or issues you have with me.. But note this Evelyn Mundair... One more word from your shitty mouth and I swear I'll make you regret it..."

"Adrian... You heard that... That's what she said to me... Look at what she did to my face... I told you she was despicable..."

I looked up at Adrian I knew he was going to defend her anyhow. Last night was something that happened because I was feeling weak and mourning and he must have felt pity for me thats all. It couldn't be anything more. I tried to assure myself but what he said next left me and Evelyn both still shocked.

"Evelyn... I did see everything... And currently I would suggest you leave immediately..."

"WHAT ?!"

"YOU BI*CH... YOU TRAPPED HIM IN YOUR WEB DIDN'T YO.."

"EVELYN... I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH... I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER... YOU SHOULD LEAVE NOW!!"

She glared at me then with an even angrier look stared at Adrian and then just like that gone.

Adrian turned to me and slowly I cascaded my eyes downwards. I don't know what it was about him but everytime he looked at me that way it made it extremely harder for me to look at him.

As he came closer I tried to back away and soon my back was attached to the wall. He brought his hand up and I closed my eyes for another impact but he slowly placed his hand under my chin lifting my face up so he could look in my saucer big eyes.

Removing his fingers from my chin he moved towards the cheek that his dear mistress had gashed and slowly traced and caressed my cheek. Oh boy I think I am going to die with anxiety. Why the hell is behaving so odd today. Maybe he fell off the bed and hit his head and has forgotton who I am.

"...kay"
My train of thoughts halted when I heard him speak
"Huh... What?"

"Are you always this lost ? I asked if you were ok?"

"Oh I umm... Yes I... Why... I will be ok... I mean I am... Are you... Of course you would be... You didn't get woken up by a witch clawing your face off... Oops... No I didn't mean that... I mean I did... But no offe...mm".

A warm hand was placed on my mouth preventing me from talking, I tried to remove it but he had one firm grip. I glared up at him while he did the same.

"You talk too much... Now take a deep breath... And tell me if your ok..."

Was it just me, or did he really have such a smooth accent. The huskiness in his voice and his deep ocean blue eyes were messing with my nerves. Nodding my head I assured him that I was fine.

And just like that he turned around and left while I stood there bug eyed trying to understand what had just happened.

Finally, after a soothing warm shower I walked downstairs where Rina was preparing breakfast. Seeing the 50 year old housekeeper working in the kitchen brought back memories of my aunt. She would always hum and sing while working, she said it made the food look more attractive even.

She instantly stopped dicing the tomatoes and rushed to me when she saw my tear stricken face.

"Oh... My poor child... There now... Hush... Everything will be ok... You have me... And the senior Mrs. Vittorio... And Adrian... Honey we all are here for you... Shh now".

Although her words were supposed to console me, all they did was break me more into an endless stream of tears.
Finally mustering enough courage I walked with her to the kitchen and ate little of her special light omelete.

It was the second day of Aunt Josie's passing and people were coming to give their condolences to me.

Holder would be coming to meet me tommorrow. The dork had finally realized he was in love with Andrea after God knows how long. I was surprised to hear that Andrea was still there waiting for him. Back in college it had seemed everyone was sure they would end up together.

They were the best of the best friends even closer than me. Andrea had been close to me too and she had told me about how much she loved Holder but didn't want to ruin their friendship.

As for Holder he was uncertain after what had happened with Racheal. He was unwilling to move on. Andrea had somehow done what even I had never been able to do. Make him believe in love again.

The door bell chimed and I stood up. Who could it be. Adrian had his own housekey. Oh God what if its that witch again. I am not going to get b*tch slapped again; so in my defense I instantly picked the closest weopon I could find a broom and walked to unlock the door.

I opened the door and stepped back immediatelyv aiming the broom at the visitor. I heaved in a long breath and closing my eyes charged at the person who could most possibly be Evelyn; but the weird part was with one swift move Evelyn had snatched the broom and thrown it away from me turned me around so I couldn't face her with both my hands behind my back and my back attached to her front.

Surprisingly, she had grown a good two feet and almost was towering over me. Wait did she hire some tough guy or goonbto kidnap me. Oh God no, without a second thought I began struggling in his arms, although his embrace seemed quite warm.

"Let go of me... You big bully... My husband wouldn't like you manhandling me like this..."

Although, I know Adrian would be least bothered if I go missing.

"Your husband would like to know why you were ready to charge on the owner of this house..."

The stranger replied and my body went rigid in his arms. Oh my jelly fish, uptil now I had been struggling with Adrian and more than that if he hadn't caught me on time I would have beaten him with a broom.

And I am still in his arms. That made me jerk and I started struggling again. Adrian puffed a sigh and like a sack of potatoes lifted me up on his shoulder making me go upside down. Despite my yelling he kept on climbing the stairs and into his room. Then he roughly made me sit on the sofa while my eyes bugged out.

Standing up I opened my mouth to fight when he hushed me again.
"Shhh... Zip... Not a single word... What were you thinking attacking any visitor who would come to our house..."

"Well I 'm sorry... Adrian how was I suppose to know who it was. Rina has a key and so do you... I thought that it would be E- a robber".

I immediately said instead of Evelyn. What if that makes him more angry.

"Go on say it... You were going to say Evelyn weren't you ?"

"Adrian I--"

"No Ailey you listen to me... Look stop looking out for future with me... If its money you want take it."

"Now wait just a minute you can't judge me on what she has told you... For once open your eyes Adrian I am your lawfully wedded wife..."

"Stop it....I hate you... And i will never ever love or even give you the care a wife deserves because you are nothing to me... And you never will be".

He yelled at me before storming out of his room.
I stood there by his bed, completely speechless and again gathering my rambled thoughts I rushed into the bathroom. It was all a lie. Nothing is going to be worth it. The way my life has gone downhill. I don't believe in any hopefull magical joy of marriage.

Now I only believe in darkened numbness. After all, rejection maybe painful, but silent betrayal included with rejection is tormenting.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.1M 35.5K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
8.2K 385 16
✈︎𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬"★ "𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝖺𝗆 𝗂 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗒𝖺 ? " His aggression was easily seen on hi...
160K 6.9K 22
An arranged marriage with no love just hate and i am victim of this business deal..... Is there anything which i dont know.. whether he is also a vic...
240K 2K 6
Eunice I've always had this idea of what a marriage should be like, how it should feel. Bliss, happiness, love, lust. And I've experienced it all...u...