New In Town

Bởi florallist

Nina is new in town. She'd always been bored of her life in the small town she lived in, so after she'd fini... Xem Thêm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
-

Part 10

373 9 8
Bởi florallist

"Seriously, I'm okay!" Dave muttered.

"Sure you are." I said, although he obviously was not okay. He was sitting on the kitchen table, while I was searching for a washcloth. When I found it, I turned the faucet on and let the water drench the washcloth. After wringing some excess water out of it, I turned around and walked towards Dave, who had taken his shirt off so that I now had a perfect view of his abs.

Brilliant.
How do humans breath again? 

I tried my best not to look at it, because I knew I would probably end up staring and embarrass myself.

I carefully touched the cut on Dave's arm with the washcloth. I noticed Dave lock his jaw at my touch, but he let me clean and disinfect it. The cut in his arm was still bleeding a bit, so I decided to wrap a bandage around it. You could never be too sure, right?

"So, will I live, doctor?" Dave asked me as I secured the bandage. I looked up at him, amusement twinkling in his green eyes and a playful smirk around his lips. He couldn't get any hotter.

"There's a chance." I said, smiling at him because it was just impossible not to. Suddenly I noticed that we were really close. There were only a few centimetres of air between his nose and mine, as we were now on the same level with him sitting on the kitchen table.

I studied the features of his face. His dark, messy hair fell just above his piercing, green eyes. I could count every single one of his thick, dark eyelashes. I knew I really had to say or do something, before I would end up drooling all over him. I shook my head, snapping out of my trance.

"I guess I'll go to bed then." I whispered, not thrusting my voice when I was so close to him. He slowly nodded, brushing a strand of hair out of my face and placing it behind my ear.

As his hand brushed over my skin, I immediately felt sparks up the place where he had touched me. I felt the butterflies erupt in my belly. I mentally shook my head again. I was acting like a hormonal teenager. But I guess I was, actually.

"Goodnight." I said, pushing myself away from the kitchen table, away from the boy who was currently making my heart race like crazy.

Was I falling for him? No. I wasn't. This were normal reactions. He was a really hot boy, who just came really close. Any girl would have lost it, right?

"Night, Nina." I heard his husky voice behind me as I walked up the stairs, towards my room. Even is voice was sexy. Ugh.

- - -

I nervously stroke a strand of hair behind my ear and let my eyes roam around the park, where I was sitting on a bench in the hot American sun. I couldn't enjoy the sun at the moment, though. I had to be careful and watch out for a particular brown haired boy.

I had been sitting on the bench for a good five minutes, and I hadn't spotted him yet, thank God. I don't know what I would do when - my heart stopped beating for a few seconds as I spotted a brown haired boy walking towards me.

Shit. I knew this would happen. I knew I shouldn't have gone to the park on my own. And now I'll pay the price. Now I'll die. What a stupid reason to die. I had always imagined my death to be more -

I mentally slapped myself. No time to think about dying right now. Maybe there was a chance for me to get away. Maybe he hadn't noticed me yet.

I quickly looked around. There was no way I could escape right now. He was only a few metres away from me. I allowed myself to take a quick glance in his direction.

Relief washed over me as I realised it wasn't Logan. It was just some boy with brown hair. My muscles relaxed a bit as I realised I wasn't going to be murdered any time soon.

I sighed. I may have overacted a bit, but I was really scared. And I had good reasons to be. After last night, Logan must be really angry with me. He was humiliated in front of quite a lot of people, it wouldn't surprise me if whole town knew about the fight by now. And that all because of me.

Taylor had heard about the fight as well. She had texted me in the morning, asking me if I was okay, and persuading me to tell her everything. That was the reason I was sitting here on this bench in the park in the first place, I was waiting for her. She would meet me here. Thinking about it, it might not have been really smart for me to agree on waiting in the park. Logan or one of his friends could hang out in here, see me and kill me.

Suddenly two hands covered my eyes, making me scream in fear. Before I could say goodbye to my family in my head, the hands were gone.

"Jeez, Nina, relax!" A high, startled girl voice cried out.

Taylor! Thank God!

"You scared me to death." I mumbled, trying to sound angry but it's kind of hard to be mad at someone who's laughing at you. Especially if that someone is your mental best friend.

So I gave up and send her a smile as she sat down next to me. "Okay, now tell me everything." She commanded, folding her legs up and resting her head on her knees.

"Erm.. What do you want to know?" I asked. I really had no idea where to start. And what to tell. I wasn't going to tell her about my little crush on Dave. She may be my best friend, but I'd rather keep that a secret. It was probably just a phase anyway. Besides, she would probably freak out as she was really afraid of Dave and his friends.

"I've heard that you were dancing with a boy, then suddenly Dave showed up to beat the crap out of him?" She said, making it sound more like a question.

I nodded. "That's pretty much what happened."

"Who was the boy you were dancing with?" She asked.

"Logan." I said. I saw that it didn't ring any bells, so I continued. "He was that boy.. erm.. at the park. The creep, remember?"

Her eyes widened. "The one who was kissing you?" She screamed out. I glared at her, my eyes telling her to tone down the volume a bit. "Why on earth would you want to dance with him?" She asked me, whisper-yelling.

"I didn't want to!" I told her. "He made me dance with him, I had no choice. He's much stronger, you know."

"Ew, what a creep." She said, staring in the distance and probably thinking about what I'd just said. After a few seconds she spoke up again. "Well, that gives quite a twist to the story, doesn't it?" She said, sounding rather happy.

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion. What was she talking about? Why did she sound so happy when I just told her that Logan, the hot creep, had been persuading me to dance with him?

She continued as she saw my confused expression. "This means Dave was protecting you!"

"I guess.." I said, still not understanding why she would be so happy about that fact.

"Oh my gosh!" Taylor squeaked, clapping her hands in excitement. "Don't you know what that means Nina?" Before I could answer, she spoke up again. "Dave Harper never protects someone. He doesn't care for anyone." She said, sounding proud.

"Okay?" I said, making it sound like a question as I really didn't see where she was going.

"But he does care for you. Because he has protected you. Which means that he has a thing for you. Yep, Dave Harper has a thing for you." She concluded.

I couldn't do anything but laugh at her ridiculous statement. It made absolutely no sense. Dave was just being nice to his roommate. He had obviously no reason to have a thing for m - Wait.

I stopped in the middle of a laughing fit and widened my eyes, looking at Taylor and realising what a horrible friend I was. I hadn't even asked her about Thomas! I hadn't heard anything from them since I told Thomas to ask her to dance.

"I'm so sorry Tay, I'm the worst best friend ever! I only think about my self!" I blurted out.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me with confusion in her eyes.

"Tell me about you and Thomas! How did it go?" I squealed. Now it was Taylor's turn to glare at me, telling me without words to tone down the volume.

"Shhh, not everyone has to know I like him!" She whisper-yelled. Then, as she thought of Thomas, a goofy smile appeared on her lips. "He has asked me to dance! We've been dancing the whole night, it was so perfect! It was better than I could've ever wished for! You should've seen the faces of all the jealous girls!" She said, the smile still plastered on her face. "Maybe he actually does like me." She added, a bit insecure.

"Of course he does!" I said. They would be so cute together. I hoped they would marry and have baby's and live happily ever after and...

I suddenly remembered the deal I had made with Thomas. He had kept his part of the promise, now it was my turn to keep mine. I had to go on a date with him. As friends, but still. It felt wrong to go on a date with my best friend's crush, even though I was doing it for her.

I realised I had dazed off and glanced at Taylor. She hadn't noticed it as she had dazed off herself. I chuckled, she was probably thinking about Thomas. It was so cute! I hoped Thomas had fallen for her last night. I hoped he would thank me for opening his eyes, because it was obvious that he had never really looked at Taylor as more then a friend. I hoped he'd now seen her in a different light. I hoped he didn't want to go on 'a date' with me anymore, because he now had Tay.

"Anyways," she said, waking me up from my thoughts. "I promised my mom I'd do the grocery shopping for her, so I better get going."

"Sure." I said as she squeezed me into a hug, before we jumped off the bench.

"Later!" my friend yelled over her shoulder as she walked away, in the opposite direction of my apartment.

"Later!" I yelled back at her. It was getting dark, I should hurry up. I wouldn't want to stumble upon Logan right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chapter is dedicated to my wattpad sister, ily ♥
Picture on the side of Barbera Palvin, playing Nina :)
Love you guys loads!

xx Fleur 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

16.6K 609 37
Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Alexandra could be shy and lonely sometimes...
278 23 16
My friend and I started writing this story as a joke, so expect a lot of cringe tropes and characters at the beginning but it develops into more seri...
488K 13K 28
Emma the good girl. Who lives with her uncle and baby brother. Who would rather Eat and watch re runs of gossip girl than be stuck at a high school t...
34.6K 1.2K 20
Ok guys another book. I hope you like it. Enjoy!! >>>>>>>><<<<<<<<< Harper Raimúndez, she is 16 years old and in her last year of high school. She sk...