Zindagi

Autorstwa SiblingTales

Kabir Randawa, a man who fell in love with his woman at a young age. The love they shared was so beautiful an... Więcej

Disclaimer!
Book Information!
Character Sketch
Chapter- 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Author's Note!

Chapter- 6

545 54 11
Autorstwa SiblingTales

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the Randawa house, the family sat in the backyard in the cozy little garden that Kavya had lovingly crafted. Since it was Sunday, Kabir always spent his Sundays with his kids, except for the evenings, as Sundays also meant bustling nights at Kabir's restaurant. The dinner rush kept him busy, often making him come home later than usual. By the time he returned, his little ones would be fast asleep.

Kabir looked at Kritika, who was twirling the coffee mug in her hands, a story to tell that she wants to discuss something but feeling nervous. He sighed and gave her the time, then looked down at his little Khola, who was settled on his lap and wrapped in his dreamland, hanging onto him.

"Aap subha puch rahe the na mujhe mere career choice ka?" Kritika finally said almost after 15 mins of silence.

Kabir nodded.

"I have decided but I am a bit confused Papa."

Kabir gave her a questioning look.

"Mujhe Hotel Management and Business Management dono karna hai...but...are you okay with it?" she asked hesitantly.

Kabir frowned, "Why will I have a problem with it?"

Kritika shook her head immediately, "I..I mean bas aise he."

"I hate lies, Kritika!"

Kritika looked away.

Kabir sighed and kept his hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Kya hua Kriti? Kuch problem hai?"

Kritika looked back at him, "Vo..." she trailed off nervously though she knew it was just the absurd thought that was going on in her mind but still she was behaving like an idiot to feel hesitant.

"Kriti!"

Kritika took a deep breath and held his hand, "Do...don't get me wrong, dad. It's just kuch din pehle mein aur Payal park mein gaye the. Waha hume pass ke society ki kuch ladies mili. We were just talking when they casually came to talk to us...

"Aur beta, results aa gaye tumhare boards ke?" one of the ladies asked.

Payal shook her head while Kritika stood rigid, not wanting to have a conversation with the ladies, who were nothing but 'gossip aunties' of the area!

"Kab aayenge?"

Kritika almost glared at her, "Aapse mat..."

"Abhi next week aayenge," Payal said, interrupting her immediately. Their fathers hate disrespect, and she was least interested in getting into trouble with her father.

"Toh kuch socha hai kya karna hai aage ya bas aise he..." the other lady asked.

Kritika fisted her hand as Payal held her hand in a tight grip, stopping her from pouncing on the ladies.

"Nahi aunty, abhi tak kuch nahi socha hai. Jab kuch soch lenge toh pehle aapko hi batayenge." Payal said as sweetly as she could.

The lady chuckled, nodding her head, "Sahi bhi hai...ab ladki ho dono aur upar se single baap ki aulade... Zyada se zyada kya kar logi..."

"Sahi kaha aapne bhen ji." The other lady said, "Yahi pass me Mr. Mukherji hai na, unki beti ko business karna tha par.... Mukherji Bhai sabh ne toh saaf saaf mana kar diya. Unke hisab se jab ladki ko aage jaake shaadi hi karni hai toh business wagaira mai paise dalke kyu kharcha kare."

"Aur waise bhi aaj kal studies ka kitna saara kharch lagta hai...ek single parent kya kya kar lega, upar se beta bhi nahi, beti ke liye."

"Well, Rohan kaisa hai Mrs. Gupta...I mean Aunty Ji?" Kritika asked, interrupting the ladies' so-called important discussion.

Mrs. Gupta looked at her, "Ghar par hoga...tum kyu puch Rahi ho?"

Kritika shrugged, "Arre vo last week mene usse aapke padosi ki ladki ke sath dekha tha. Well ab isme aapki bhi galati nahi hai Mr. Gupta....I mean uncle ji, aapne kaam mein itna busy rehte hain ki aap bhi ek single parent ban ke kya kya sambhal logi. Nahi?"

The lady looked away embarrassed.

"Aur aap Mrs. Banerjee...." she trailed off as the ladies scurried away.

Payal laughed seeing their pale faces, "Wow girl what a comeback. Respectful, polite with a bit of brutality...I loved it!"

Kritika scoffed, "Mera bas chale toh ek ek ko punch maaru main... bloody hypocrites."

"But you can't!" Payal drawled.

"Neither can you!" Kritika retorted.

Payal shrugged, "In a way we both can't as we hate to stand in front of our father's receiving ends."

Kritika nodded, agreeing that. Their fathers will roast them alive on a slow flame and then eat them by sprinkling spice and lemon for the taste!!!

Kabir, who had listened to her carefully, finally sighed and placed his hand around Kritika's shoulder, who leaned into his touch.

"You think I am just like that Mukherjee to stop you?" Kabir asked simply.

Kritika immediately shook her head, "No, papa... that's not what I mean. What I am thinking is studying... it's costly... I mean..."

Kabir pulled back and held her hand, "Look at me, Kriti!"

Kritika looked at him slowly.

"Education is the most important thing Kriti, whether it's for a boy or a girl. And I earn enough to give my daughter what she wants... so never ever in your life think about the fundings. Clear?"

Kritika nodded immediately. Though he used a gentle tone, but it also compelled her clear attention as well as obedience from her.

"Aur agar tu mujhe unn fathers mai se samajhti hai jo apni betiyon ko bandh kar rakhe, unke dreams accomplish karne se... then you are highly wrong. Just because you are my daughter, that doesn't mean I will control you, your life, or your decisions. If you are wrong, I will correct your mistakes, scold you, punish you, but that doesn't give me the right to control your life in any way. You are an individual, and God has given you the right to choose what you want... all I can do is guide you, support you, and stand by you."

Kritika's eyes misted, and she pounced at him, carrying a hoot about the little bunny she woke up. Kabir smiled and hugged her.

He had been listening to enough single parent taunts, and his friend too, but they never cared about such people who don't matter to them, nor do their feelings. All he and Arjun want is their daughter's happiness. Otherwise, the whole world has enough mouths to use, and if we stop and listen to each one of them, it's a waste of our time, not theirs!

After a while, Kritika pulled back and was startled to see Kiyansh glaring at her with his hands on his waist. He looked so cute that she couldn't help but pull his cheeks.

"Papaaa!" Ansh whined.

Kabir whacked Kritika gently, pulling her back, "Kyu ched rahi hai usse?"

"He is looking like a stuffed bear..." Kritika teased, laughing.

"Mujhe aapse baat he nahi karni." Kiyansh sulked, jumping on his father's lap and burying his face in his warmth.

"Maat kar!" Kritika shrugged, "Main Beach jaane wali thi Payal ke sath. Akele chali jaungi, I don't mind."

Kiyansh immediately looked back at her and held her hand, "Mujhe nahi leke jaungi?"

"Abhi toh tune he bola na you don't wanna talk to me. Train ka daba itni jaldi badal liya betaji?"

Kiyansh gave her a charming smile, "Aap mujhe nahi leke jaungi?" he asked cutely.

"Vo toh sab baad me beta. Pehle apni didi ko puch, did she ask for my permission?" Kabir asked a bit sternly.

Kritika smiled widely, "Jaun main? See abhi puch rahi hu main."

Kabir stood up, making Kiyansh stand, "No!"

Kritika glared at him, "Why? Waise bhi aap late aaunge aaj aur ghar par machar maarne se accha toh Beach jau main."

Kabir glared back, "Beach par machar maaregi toh vo dengue denge beta... it's better you stay at home."

"Mosquitoes at home can give malaria, Papa... and don't tell me you're friends with them that they will spare your sweet sweet kids," Kritika said sarcastically.

Kabir whacked her before walking inside, "You are not going out, end of discussion."

"Fine! I will sneak out!"

Kabir turned towards his firstborn with a glare, "You won't dare to."

Kritika gulped at the tone yet gathered her courage before shrugging casually, "Ab mein puch rahi hu toh aap mana kar Rahe ho. Now I don't have and choice, so it's better that I go out on my own...."

Kabir sighed, "You very well know why I am saying No."

As Kritika saw the ice melting, she immediately pounced at the opportunity, "Aree, mein ice cream ko dekhungi bhi nahi khana toh door ki baat hai... aur Street food... hell no, Dad! Please ab toh jaane dooo.... pleaseeee... pleaseee..." She looked at Kiyansh, and he too joined her, pleading as cutely as he could.

Kabir folded his hands on his chest and glared at them, making them stop immediately. It's not that he has a problem with them going out; he is just worried because of the changing weather, and both his kids are big foodies. They won't be able to resist the street food, which is unhealthy and can cause harm to their health in this season.

"Fine!" Kabir gave in after seeing the sad puppy looks they were giving him.

Kritika and Kiyansh pounced on him, hugging him tightly and making him stumble due to the sudden, unwanted attack.

"But I have a condition... only then you are allowed," Kabir said firmly, and both the kids pulled back, looking up at him.

"No ice cream, no street food, and neither will you get wet at the beach. The weather keeps changing, and I don't want either of you falling sick. Clear?"

The kids nodded obediently.

Kabir looked at Kritika, "You are taking him out," he said, pointing towards Kiyansh, "However, if he falls sick, you will be facing the consequences. Clear?"

"Aree yeh kya baat hui ab?" Kritika whined.

Kabir shook his head, "You are his sister, and you should know how to exercise your rights. Enough of lenience now. If he falls sick, you will be the one facing consequences, and if you dare to fall sick, I won't spare you either...mind it. Clear?"

Kritika huffed, "Fineee!"

Kabir nodded and gently cupped her face, "You want to go into Hotel Management and Business Management, right?"

Kritika nodded.

"But do you know both of them are two related yet distinct fields of study?"

Kritika looked at him confused, "Matlab?"

"Business Management includes finance, marketing, human resources, and entrepreneurship, while Hotel Management includes front office management, revenue management, etc." Kabir explained gently.

"Toh ab?" Kritika asked innocently.

Kabir smiled and kissed her forehead, "Ab kuch nahi... think about which way you need to go. Do you want to work in a restaurant under someone, or do you want to own your restaurant and take care of it your way? Whatever field you choose, I will be there to guide you. Hmm?"

Kritika nodded. She needed time to think rationally. Kabir understood and let it go for a while. He stepped back and gave her the money just in case she needed it. He moved towards Kiyansh, kissed his forehead, and left for the restaurant.

Kritika looked at Kiyansh, "Go and change... tab tak I will call Payal."

Kiyansh nodded excitedly and left to do the bidding.

Share your views!!!

Inline comments are appreciated!!!

What do you think will happen in the Next Chapter?

Any scene you wish to see?

Thanks for reading!!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

152K 6.9K 53
He already seemed to like her. She seemed different. Her soft eyes, warm smile, hearty laugh, rosy cheeks, he liked it all. .... Kabir couldn't tear...
1.4M 102K 48
[Featured - AmbassadorsIN] ༻❁༺ Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. ༻❁༺ Kabir, a widowed single father, finds him...
1.1M 71.6K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...
76.3K 6.5K 80
"Aaj mil gayi, dobara mat milana." He mumbled with irritation in his voice looking at her walking away. Her steps halted in her way as she turned to...