A Court of Heart and Fealty |...

Von Jelly_Legs

Galadriel was once a spy, deep in the Autumn Court but an act of loyalty to a friend cost her that position... Mehr

Chapter 1: The Day's Come
Chapter 2: A Rose is but a Rose
Chapter 3: The Bounty
Chapter 4: The Exchange
Chapter 5: A Persuasive Tongue
Chapter 6: The Thief and Hewn City
Chapter 7: Snide Remarks
Chapter 8: A Shovel to Grovel
Chapter 9: Insufferable
Chapter 10: The Town house
Chapter 11: Like a Book
Chapter 12: Velaris
Chapter 13: House of Wind and Sky
Chapter 14: Distractions
Chapter 15: A Friendly Visit
Chapter 16: Lemon
Chapter 17: The Villa
Chapter 18: Midsummer
Chapter 19: The Garden Grave
Chapter 20: The Interrogation
Chapter 21: A Step Forward in the Right Direction
Chapter 22: Party in the Garden
Chapter 23: Errands and Favours
Chapter 24: Training Aches
Chapter 25: Silent Admissions
Chapter 26: A Tale
Chapter 27: A Muddled Mind
Chapter 28: Deviance
Chapter 29: Struck
Chapter 30: The Catalyst of Wings
Chapter 31: Her Place
Chapter 32: The Forest House
Chapter 33: Amoise
Chapter 34: The Ring
Chapter 35: Reaper
Chapter 36: Eruption
Chapter 37: The Cell
Chapter 38: Sombre Talks
Chapter 39: Acceptance
Chapter 40: Tomes
Chapter 41: A Surprise; A Gift
Chapter 42: Peppermint
Chapter 43: A Breath
Chapter 44: Bunny
Chapter 45: Snow
Chapter 46: A Gift to Remember
Chapter 47: Don't Let Go
Chapter 48: The Rings
Chapter 49: Labels Carry Weight
Chapter 50: Illyria
Chapter 51: Temper
Chapter 52: Seal
Chapter 53: Scarf
Chapter 54: Over the Edge
Chapter 55: A Plan; A Fool
Chapter 56: The Weaver
Chapter 57: The Wendigo
Chapter 58: The Mountain
Chapter 59: Love Binds and Betrays
Part 2: Chapter 60: Starfall
Chapter 61: The Fall
Chapter 62: Price to be Paid
Chapter 63: Boots
Chapter 64: Alive
Chapter 65: Siphon
Chapter 66: Honey Cakes
Chapter 67: Summer Thrills
Chapter 68: Fading Memories
Chapter 69: Pieces Fall into Place
Chapter 70: Amarantha
Chapter 71: What Is To Be
Chapter 72: Where Beron Became a Saviour
Chapter 73: A New Routine
Chapter 74: Three Things
Chapter 75: Please
Chapter 76: The Last of Him
Chapter 77: Eris
Chapter 78: Masques
Chapter 79: The Curse
Chapter 80: Executioner
Chapter 81: In Time Passing
Chapter 82: Bad Dreams
Chapter 83: Shattered
Chapter 84: A Battle in a War
Chapter 85: Little Thief
Chapter 86: Dreams
Chapter 87: The Last Night
Chapter 88: A Wink in Time
Chapter 89: Royalty in the Shadows
Chapter 90: Atticus
Chapter 91: Tomorrow
Chapter 92: Someday
Chapter 93: The Game
Chapter 94: The Creature
Chapter 95: The Wish
Chapter 96: Tip Tap
Chapter 97: Pale Face
Chapter 98: Amarantha's Curse
Untitled Part 101

Chapter 99: The Cure to Death

1.5K 117 17
Von Jelly_Legs

Chapter 99: The Cure to Death

The pounding in her ears drowned out everything else. She could see him—his body. Every time she placed her palm on the ground, every time she commanded her knees to push her forward, agony roared through her. But she kept clawing and kicking and fighting until her fingertips brushed his.

Hands grabbed at her waist and she cried out, but they only lifted her closer to her mate. She held herself over his body, protecting it from a threat she didn't quite know of. Her throat burned too much to properly cry and her body was too weak. All she could do was lay on him, listening to his silent chest, and wait for her own end to come. Grief held a black hand in her chest, twisting her heart. She was content to wait, to let the life drain from her.

Amarantha was dead and her curse destroyed, freeing magic. Her body wasn't made to contain this much. It had released itself to destroy Amarantha and now it would destroy Galadriel too. It was that little thought, that realisation that had struck her and she hid behind a fortified wall in her mind that let her drive that dagger into him. Death would reunite him.

"I saw." It was Helion. He knelt on Rhysand's other side, not touching either of them. "I saw you kill him. You took his power. Rhys... He warned me what Amarantha would be looking for in my library. What books I needed to destroy before she found them. I read them. They were about you.."

Another, far more foreign hand brushed the back of her shoulder. "You are hurt." Thesan.

But Helion had already figured out what she had and explained as much to the High Lord of Dawn. "You could help him. And yourself."

Galadriel inched her head higher. "Tell me." The words didn't form properly, but he understood her enough.

"Magic," Helion said.

"You would need a lot," Thesan uttered. "Even then it might be impossible."

Helion glanced at him. "She has enough. And more than enough will to try."

"What?" she begged, struggling to her knees. "Tell me what I need to do."

Helion held out a dark hand and in it, a golden droplet of magic glowed softly. "It was an ancient ritual we used when mortals had sacrificed themselves for Prythain. A gift." A gift from immortal to mortal. A drop of power. She didn't understand. Rhysand was already immortal. Helion and Thesan were powerful, but not enough to bring someone back from the dead. "It's killing you," Helion went on. "Give it somewhere to go."

The magic in her, part of which already belonged to Rhysand. It was burning through her, rearing to be released. "Show me how."

People began to trickle back into the throne room. She ignored them. Everything but Helion. They had to be quick, he told her. Before Rhysand's spirit moved on and before the magic ruined her too far for Thesan to bring her back from. He cupped her palms and instructed her to call the magic.

A little seed of light erupted in her folded palms. It was gold and brown and green and black. It tugged on the magic inside of her like it was the end of a yarn ball and grew to the size of a pebble before evaporating. "Again," Helion told her. It barely lasted a second this time. "Again."

Gritting her teeth, not acknowledging the metallic tang in her mouth, she poured her entire self into conjuring that light again. It swelled to the size of a head but she wavered, vision blurring over, and it vanished again. Cinching her eyes shut, she fell onto Rhysand's chest, depleted. She couldn't feel her legs or sit back up. The magic wanted nothing to do with her, let alone be under her command.

"He can't hold on much longer," Helion warned her, but she was already moving her hands together, pushing to her elbows. Neither could she. The light expanded, faltering but never disappearing completely. It built on itself, becoming so large that it was like she'd plucked the sun right from the sky and Helion whispered a blessing to the Mother. It was a relief, if anything, to pull it from her body. But nearly impossible to control.

It took everything in her to manage, to hold in place. It wanted to break from the constraints she held it in, like a wild dog yanking on its chain, gnawing at its cage. A tanned hand stretched out from behind her, a droplet so small it might've been a tear joining with hers. "He'll need the healing," Thesan said. She wanted to thank him, but couldn't find the words.

Helion gestured for her to lower it into Rhysand's chest. It felt like trying to push an inflated ball of leather that children used for their games through his body, but she did, her breaths coming out short and fast. It sunk in, the light spearing through his veins and dissipating.

"I need to heal her."

Galadriel collapsed again on Rhysand's front, staring at his face, ear to chest and shrugging off Thesan's reaching hands. He wasn't moving. He wasn't breathing.

"Galadriel," Helion warned softly.

She didn't blink, letting her breathing slow so she didn't miss if he took one. But the world was beginning to go black anyway and her ears deaf. She would wait for him to live or die with him.

So when he didn't open his eyes, she closed hers. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

39.9K 654 62
Azriel had thought his mate was dead for centuries. But when the Spymaster of the Night Court learns that there's a chance that his mate, and his Hig...
54.1K 1.9K 25
AZRIEL × OC The city of Velaris has been breached twice - once by Hybern, and after that by someone nobody knows about. The magical shield protecti...
187K 5.7K 36
[ 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 ] : ̗̀➛ In 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 the younger twin of Feyre Archeron has to fight through the thorns of roses just to su...
1.3K 77 9
Fate Rewritten Book 1 After the events of Under the Mountain, Rhysand thought he could rebuild his world. But before the High Lords can return to the...