An odd little family (smiling...

Von ReadingFluffAndAngst

Y/N L/N is a single mother, taking care of her adopted daughter, Dorothy, while also juggling both a night jo... Mehr

-⭒- character info -⭒-
-⭒-A box? -⭒-
-⭒- First Morning -⭒-
-⭒- Sibling Bonding -⭒-
-⭒- Mom? -⭒-
-⭒- Gifts -⭒-
-⭒- First Day At School -⭒-
[extra chapter] Incorrect quotes
-⭒- Game Night -⭒-
Requests???
-⭒- Runaway Dog -⭒-
-⭒- Overwhelmed Kitten-⭒-
-⭒- Feather problems -⭒-
-⭒- Meet the Critters! -⭒-
-⭒- Lost and Found -⭒-
-⭒- Sick Day -⭒-
-⭒- Rain & Thunder -⭒-
-⭒- Annoyed -⭒-
-⭒- New Friend -⭒-
-⭒- First Aid -⭒-
(A/N) THANK YOU!!
-⭒- Allergies -⭒-
-⭒- Surprise! -⭒-
-⭒- Anxiety Help -⭒-
-⭒- Lost Pets -⭒-

-⭒- Introductions -⭒-

1.1K 24 2
Von ReadingFluffAndAngst

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

After you and Dorothy had gotten dry (taking turns watching the critters while the other was away), the little plushies had started talking up a storm. Now you all were still sitting at the table as you were trying to get the critters to calm down.

"Alright alright, everyone settle down."

You say getting their, and Dorothy's, attention as they slowly stopped their conversation.

"You all know our names, so what are your names?"

All of the critters looked at each other but eventually the orange dog spoke up.

"Well, I'm DogDay!"

He said, excitedly, as his tail started to wag back and forth.

"I'm Hoppy Hopscotch!"

The green rabbit said, starting to bounce up and down.

"I'm Kickin Chicken!"

The yellow chicken walked up next to Hoppy, who was still bouncing a tad bit, and pointed to himself with a 'I'm the coolest guy around' look as Hoppy rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm Bubba Bubaphant,"

The blue elephant said, in a much calmer tone than Hoppy and Kickin.

"I'm Bobby Bearhug!"

The red bear said from her place next to Dorothy.

"I'm Picky Piggy,"

The pink pig said, and the white unicorn sat up straight from her former position leaning against Dorothy's arm.

"I-I'm CraftyCorn.."

She said, quietly. You smile softly, seeing how nervous she looks,

"You don't have to be nervous hun."

She looked up from her hooves that she was fiddling with in her lap to look at you before she gave you a small smile.

"...Wasn't there another one of you?"

You asked. You were pretty sure there had been 8 of them, you had only counted 7 that had told their names.

"Oh! That's CatNap!"

DogDay said, pointing over to the purple feline, who was sleeping near the edge of the table. CatNap opened one eye to look over at you then promptly went back to sleep. You shrugged, you'd let him sleep if he wanted.

"Man, you guys look rough."

You heard Dorothy mumbled, patting Bobby's head and looking at how dirty she and the others looked. A few of them even seemed to have some torn stitches. Bobby seemed to like the attention she was getting from Dorothy, as she leaned into her touch. These little guys have probably had it tough before they had shown up at your front door.

"What do you say we try to fix 'em up Doe?"

You asked Dorothy, standing up to go and your sewing kit that you probably had stored somewhere in your room.

"Oh, ok."

Dorothy replied, watching you leave but she continued to stay with the critters, as Crafty had started to use her arm as a head rest again. You chuckled to yourself seeing Dot starting to talk with the critters again, who had gathered around her.

You left the kitchen to your room to find your sewing kit. You walked up the stairs and opened the door to the medium-sized room. You turned on the light and started to look around the room, moving things around and looking in any drawer you could find.

Eventually you found the kit in one of the drawers near your desk. You grabbed it and started to walk back downstairs hearing the chatter of Dot and the critters (excluding CatNap, who you assumed was still sleeping).

"I'm back!"

You called, making Dorothy turn her head towards you.

"Now let's see who needs the most stitching first."

You sat back down at the table and looked at all the plushies, studying the wounds(? You weren't sure they could count as wounds really) of each critter. Eventually you called over DogDay as he seemed to have the most torn stitches.

"C'mere bud. Just gonna patch you up real quick."

He walked over and sat down in front of you on the table. You started to get to work on stitching him back up. His ears had slightly become detached from his head, and his arms and legs had some scratches and tears.

"There we go."

You said as you finished.

"Who's next?"

You asked, looking up at the others.

None of them spoke up, but Dorothy did,

"Bobby?"

She asked, looking down at the red bear. Bobby looked down at the table before she looked up at you and nodded.

— — —

Eventually you finished patching them all up (including CatNap), while Dorothy was trying to keep up with all their questions and conversations while yawning for her got more and more frequent. She rested her head down on the table in her arms with half-lidded eyes.

"Are you alright?"

Crafty asked, turning to face Dorothy.

"Mhm..."

She answered, blinking tiredly and yawning again.

"Maybe you should head to bed, Dear."

You offered, packing away your sewing kit.

She only answered with a small hum and a nod before she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. You smiled softly before looking up at the clock on the microwave.

"12:55"

"It is pretty late."

You said, looking at Dot's sleeping form, then back at the critters.

"We should all probably head to bed."

You said, as you started to stand,

"Where will we sleep?"

DogDay asked, tilting his head at you. You thought about that for a moment, humming.

"I guess you could sleep in my room tonight,"

You answered, and DogDay seemed content with that answered, as he nodded and looked back at the other critters,

"Is that ok with the rest of you?"

You asked and they all nodded as well.

"Guess that settles that then."

You say with a small chuckle. You then pick them all up and look back at Dorothy. You'd come back for her in a moment.
You walked up the stairs and to your room before setting the critters down on your bed.

"I'll be back in a moment, ok?"

You said, walking back over to the door. Some of them just nod while others say 'ok' and you walk back out of the room, leaving the door open a crack.

You walked back down the stairs to where Dorothy was still asleep at the table. You walked over to her and gently shook her shoulder.

"Dot, honey,"

You said quietly. She grumbled something under her breath before she turned her head towards you, opening one eye half-way.

"I gotta get you to your room, but you gotta help me."

You said with a small chuckle. She nodded and stood, leaning against you, and you started to take her to her room.

— — —

About 8 minutes later you came back to your room to see that the only critter still awake was DogDay.

He immediately perked up and his tail started wagging once he saw you. You walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge making sure not to walk up any of the other critters.

DogDay scampered over to you but waited for you to lay down so he could curl up next to you, pressing his back against your side as you wrapped your arm around him.

"Goodnight..."

DogDay mumbled before closing his eyes.

"Goodnight hun."

You mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

— — —

A/N: And, they're all already bonding ^^
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, have a good day/afternoon/night!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.8K 45 9
With the new trailer for Poppy Playtime Chapter 3 announced with all new characters, it's time for a brand new spin-off series. On this season of Smi...
1.5K 25 10
All the Critters are 20 -21 in this to make it easier for everyone while you're 19- 20. I DID THE COVER!!!! I DID IT WITH PICSART!!!!!!!! One day whe...
8.9K 253 26
The year is 1995. You're a twenty-six-year-old woman who went to school in Baltimore, Maryland a decade back. You had a few good friends. Especially...
735K 32.6K 37
"Chilling in my comfy onesie! Chilling, chilling, chilling in my unicorn onesie!" I sang while doing a little dance. Then I heard laughing behind me...