Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

De wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... Mai multe

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 18 - Take Two
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 24 - Never Alone
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 48 - Prison Bound
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other

552K 18.3K 2.3K
De wrappedinamystery

A/N:

OMG! Chapter 40, guys!!

Song: 'Latch' by Disclosure featuring Sam Smith.

Chapter 40 is dedicated to my best friend, whom, much to my dismay, has managed to find my story. God help me, the embarrassment is unreal *goes into hiding for a century* I still love you though, bitch, so go easy on me.

Enjoy!

___________________

Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other

Just as I was about to leave the room, after getting ready for my date with Jasper, I caught a final glimpse of myself as I stood in front of the mirror.

Something looked different.

Hell, everything looked different.

The woman looking back at me was the woman I'd spent so long trying to seek, without ever realizing that she was always there; it was the evil in my life that had allowed me to believe that this part of me had disappeared for good.

"You're so beautiful, do you know that?" Jasper's voice spoke softly as I smiled at him.

He walked into the room, his tall frame clad in a sharp black tuxedo as he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin upon my bare shoulder.

"You see what I see," he smiled at me through the mirror. "Don't you?"

"I'm starting to," I replied as I pushed my hair to the side. "Will you zip me up?"

"I'd much rather not," he smirked, his fingers skimming my back slowly.

"Jasper," I warned. "The reservation was for eight and it's already seven thirty."

I felt him pull the zipper up slowly before feeling him trail small kisses along the scar etched at the nape of my neck as I shivered slightly.

"Should we get going?" I murmured as I turned to face him.

"Of course," he grinned, holding out his hand for me to take as we left.

~

"This is so beautiful, Jasp," I sighed in content as I looked outside the magnificent glass window at the thousand lights of New York City.

"A beautiful view for a beautiful woman," he smirked.

"God knows how many women have fallen for that one," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Only you, baby, only you," he smiled easily as I blushed. "Although, this one is the real deal. This one gets all the panties dropping, let me tell you."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow, trying not to laugh. "Do pray tell, Mr Queen."

"Okay, okay," he began, sitting up. "What has one-hundred and forty-two teeth and holds back the Incredible Hulk?"

"Um... I don't know," I shrugged.

"My zipper."

"What?" I laughed loudly as he joined in.

"Like I said, total panty dropper that one," he said knowingly.

"Totally," I responded sarcastically as he slipped his hand in mine.

"I have something I would like to ask you," he said seriously as I frowned.

"Ask away."

"I've bought your old apartment back from its recent occupants," he told me. "It's one signature away from being yours again, if that's what you would like?"

"Are you throwing me out, Mister?" I narrowed my eyes at him playfully as he shook his head.

"Never, baby," he spoke, earnestly. "You can move back home if you wish, I know how much that place means to you."

"That was really hard for you to ask wasn't it?" I questioned him as he nodded. "Yes, I could tell, you looked severely constipated."

"Scarlett!" He hissed as I bit back a laugh.

"Well, let me relieve you," I chortled at my own pun as he rolled his eyes, a small smile playing across his lips.

"Quite the joker, aren't we, Miss Valentina?" He questioned dryly as I winked at him before sobering up.

"I love that you went through the trouble just to get me my old place back, Jasper," I told him sincerely as he watched me carefully as if apprehending what I was going to say. "And you're right, that place means so much to me because of the memories it holds -"

"So it's settled then," he interrupted grimly as I resisted the urge to smack his head sideways. "You're mov-"

"Interrupt me again and I swear I will spank you," I cut him off as he looked a little taken aback, coughing slightly. "As I was saying... I'm ready to create an infinite amount of memories with the one whom I have bared my naked soul to; the one who has uncovered all the parts of me I couldn't stand; to the one who stayed long enough to confront all of my demons with me and to the one who righted every stained truth and formed endless skies of constellations from the fragmented ruins left of my heart and soul - I want it all with you."

His eyes never left me once as they bore so deeply into mine I could have sworn I was staring into an infinite stretch of sea.

"I didn't think it was ever possible to fall in love with someone the way I have with you, Scarlett," he spoke steadily as if his voice were about to give way. "I don't know what I ever did to deserve you, but I sure as hell am not going to question it. I love you, Scarlett, baby."

"I love you, too, my big, bad CEO," I whispered as he kissed my hand.

"I'm big and bad in more places than one," he smirked wolfishly as I glared at him. "But you already knew that, didn't you, my love?"

"Shut up, Jasper," I muttered, feeling my cheeks heat up at his frankness. "Must you ruin such a tender moment with your dirty talk?"

"My dirty talk?" He questioned as I groaned knowing what he was going to say. "As I recall it, vixen -"

"Jasper!" I barked as he laughed at my embarrassment before standing up offering me his hand.

"I have something I would like to show you," he told me as we left the restaurant.

"Where are we going?" I frowned as Jasper stayed silent, his eyes twinkling in amusement as he drove around the city.

"We're here." He announced half an hour later as he fished something out of his pocket.

He turned to me and held out a leather blindfold as I frowned.

"I know you're into all this kinky business, but is now really the time?" I muttered quietly, coughing uncomfortably as he laughed.

"Relax, baby," he smirked wickedly. "Patience is a virtue. Although, I know how impatient you can be when my face is between your sexy le -"

"Okay!" I interrupted, a little flustered as Jasper grinned like a Cheshire cat. "I'll be quiet!"

Slowly, he took my hands in his as I looked at him.

"Well, I'm not planning on murdering you, so do you trust me?" He questioned seriously, kissing my hand.

"Not really, no," I snorted as he glowered at me.

"Wrong answer, Miss Valentina."

"Of course I trust you, dumbass," I scoffed. "What kind of a question is that?"

Wordlessly, he pulled the blindfold over my eyes before I heard the door open on my side. I felt the familiar touch of his hand as he wove our fingers together, gently pulling me out of the car.

"Ready?" He asked as I remained in the dark - literally.

"For what, Jasper?" I replied frustratedly.

"For this." He whispered in my ear as he tugged the blindfold off.

"Oh my..." I breathed in awe at the sight in front of me.

A tall building stood in front of me, its marble frame and large windows glistening in the dark as his initials 'JXQ' illuminated its outline.

"Do you like it?" He asked as I nodded enthusiastically.

"I love it," I told him before frowning slightly. "Why didn't you tell me you'd bought a new office building?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise, idiot," he laughed as I glared at him.

"I know that, asshole," I rolled my eyes as we walked inside. "But, why?"

"Because you were right about the whole... sex office thing," he trailed off uncomfortably as we got into the elevator. "It wasn't fair of me to continue using that office and asking you to work in there after I... Well, you know."

"After Chloe, Mia, Irina, Jade, Stephanie, Natalia, Celine -"

"Yes, Scarlett," he growled, interrupting me as I laughed. "I get the point."

"Good," I murmured, standing on my tiptoes as I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders, pressing a kiss to his lips as the elevator doors opened.

"This is our office," he smirked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Our?"

"Okay, fine, partypooper," he sighed dramatically, taking a seat at his desk. "Yours is next door."

As we stepped in, I couldn't help but ogle the interior Jasper had chosen and the amount of lights in here didn't go amiss either. As I looked around I almost didn't see the photoframe which held a photograph of Jasper and I hung on the wall to the left of his desk.

"I love this photo," I smiled as I walked towards him, taking a seat on his lap as he kept his eyes on me. "What are you thinking?"

"That I want to make love to you on my desk." He replied casually as a smirk spread across my face.

I got off of his lap and unzipped my dress, letting it fall to the floor, leaving me only in my underwear. Slowly, I straddled him again, watching him as his eyes darkened lustfully.

"Well?" I questioned as I unbuttoned his shirt, throwing it on the floor. "What are you waiting for?"

_____________________

A/N:

Hey Guys!

How'd you like this chapter? I really enjoyed writing this particular one, so many feels!

I'm loving the response I'm getting for this book, it's amazing, honestly, but I must say, I have had a couple of mean ass butt hurt comments being sent to me complaining about it - it's so this and it's so that... Like, okay, well, I like what I write and a lot of others like what I write sooo, idk, you might just want to catch a plane... To some remote island... Off of the Earth, you know, with your butthurt comments and all... But, you know,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, to everyone who has been showing their support continually - thank you so much, I cannot express my gratitude enough!

Do remember to vote, comment and recommend, your efforts are thoroughly appreciated!

Love as always,

Ana

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10M 468K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
87.4K 3K 11
COMPLETED • • • She was so brave. He couldn't understand how she didn't hate him. He did this to her, he was the reason of her scar. Had she not meet...
5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
477K 25.1K 52
Cover made by: @Malak-- "Ruby why are you so afraid to open up to me? I've been trying to love you but all you've been doing is pushing me away and I...