Begin Again

Da jamesbetch

Everyone in the wizarding world knows the story of the Potter's. James Potter who died that faithful night in... Altro

Characters Pt. 1
Characters Pt. 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's Note
Chapter 6

Prologue

197 4 0
Da jamesbetch

Harry walked around aimlessly through the crumbling corridors of Hogwarts. Blood trickled down his forehead, dirt covering his face, dirty shaking hands clutching his wand as if he were expecting death eaters to show up out of nowhere.

The war was over.

They won.

He had killed Voldemort not along ago yet Harry didn't feel relieved. He felt guilt and anguish.

He knew everyone was in the Great Hall, mourning their loved ones or healing their own injuries. Maybe both. But he didn't want to go there yet.

Last time he entered the Great Hall was a couple of hours ago. The first thing he saw was a family of redheads crying over three dead bodies. Fred, George and Arthur Weasley.

But they weren't the only ones who had lost their lives. His godmother, Lily Evans, and Luke's godfather, Remus Lupin, laid completely still. Their hands reaching for one another, even in death.

The dead bodies of Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall, Colin Creevey, Lavender Brown, Padma and Pavarti Patil, Oliver Wood, Luna Lovegood, Nymphadora Tonks, Hagrid, Cho Chang, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, and many more flash through his mind causing him to cover his eyes and hold back a sob.

Without realizing he had walked straight to Dumbledore's office. He stares at the gargoyle statue, trying to figure out what led him there.

"Harry?" a soft voice calls out behind him.

He quickly turns towards them while pointing his wand at their direction. Ready to fight anyone who tries to attack him.

"It's just us." Hermione softly says, holding her hands up while slowly walking towards him.

Harry relaxes and lowers his wand at the sight of Luke, Ron and Hermione.

"What are you doing here?" Ron asks.

"I don't know." he replies while slightly shaking his head in confusion. "I just ended up here for some reason."

At that, the gargoyle statue starts to move making a staircase appear leading straight to a door that will open Dumbledore's office.

"We should probably go. We need to heal your injuries, Harry." his younger brother states with a worried look on his face.

The door creaks open before any of them can move or say another word. Light footsteps can be heard coming down the stairs causing all four teenagers to raise their wands.

They didn't want to admit it but they were scared. They didn't know what to expect. Was it a death eater, was it a professor, was it someone trying to steal things while everyone else was preoccupied by other important matters? They had just fought and defeated the most powerful dark wizard of all time, they didn't want to fight anymore.

What none of them expected was for a woman who looked to be in her mid to late sixties to stand in front of them at the end of the staircase.

She had silver blonde hair that almost reached her waist. She wasn't short but she wasn't tall. She had several wrinkles on her forehead and around her mouth that depicted her age but nothing showed her age more than her eyes. Her blue eyes showed so much hidden pain and anguish as if they were a colored glass painting that would crack at any moment.

No one said anything. They didn't know what to say to the woman standing in front of them. She was an elderly woman, who didn't look to be a threat, unbothered by the fact that four people were pointing their wands at her.

"Follow me." She states before turning around and walking back up the staircase.

They share uneasy and concerned looks between one another before Harry moves forward and walks up the stairs. The other three teenagers reluctantly follow after him.

By the time they're all inside and the door slams shut behind Ron who was the last to walk in, the older woman was sitting down on a velvet castle throne chair that had intricate designs. Across from her was a couch, similar to the chair she was sat in, that was big enough for them.

"Sit." She tells the uneasy teenagers with a kind smile.

"Who are you?" Harry asks.

"Rhaenyra Thornhart."

"Thornhart? As in the family name of my-"

"Your mother." She cuts him off with a small weak smile as if she were reminiscing on the past. "Your mother is my daughter."

Harry and Luke exchange glances as if they were telepathically asking one another if they believed what she was saying. Asking each other if they believe they were lied to their whole lives by all the adults they trusted.

"You're our grandmother?" Harry asks warily. "But she's supposed to-"

"Be dead." She cuts him off again. "Yes, well that is what everyone believed to be the truth. No one knew that I was actually alive, except for Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore knew?" Harry and Luke ask at the same time with hurt written on their faces.

"Yes. You see, most of my family had already been killed by death eaters or even by Voldemort himself. My husband, most of my sons, daughter-in-laws and grandchildren. The only ones who were still alive apart from your parents was my oldest son, alexander, his wife and two kids. It was May 7th 1980, we were all having dinner when death eaters attacked us. They killed my son before killing my two grandsons. My daughter-in-law protected me and gave me an emergency port key that they had which was how I was able to get away. After they killed her, they burnt down the house with their dead bodies inside. By the time the aurors got there, it was too late. There was nothing left. And since they knew I was living with them at the time, they assumed I had been killed as well." She explains to them with tears streaming down her face. "I ran away after that. I hid and made sure that nobody could find me. I know it wasn't fair to your mom because I left her thinking that she lost her entire family but I couldn't bring myself to reach out to her. I thought I was protecting her by making everyone believe I was dead. It wasn't until after Halloween 1981 that I realized my mistake. But it was too late."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Luke says with tears stinging his eyes.

"You remind me so much of my sweet girl." She replies with a small smile while tears continue to stream down her cheeks.

Harry felt a wave of emotion hit him. His eyes were stinging with unshed tears and he felt his throat close up, holding back the sobs he so desperately wanted to let out. He felt so overwhelmed. He had just fought and defeated Voldemort after being on the run for months, saw his loved ones dead bodies in the Great Hall and now he finds out he and his brother still had a living family member after believing their mom was the only blood relative the boys had left for years.

"I'm sorry I didn't reach out sooner or for raising the two of you after you lost your parents. I know it wasn't fair to the two of you but I knew that you deserved so much better than what I could have offered you. I wasn't in a good place mentally and I knew you were better off being raised by Remus and Lily."

Now Harry felt angry. He understood that she had lost her family but so had they. He understood loss better than anyone but he was angry. She made everyone believe she was dead for years and now after everything she finally talks to them for the first time. She didn't have to raise them but she could have visited. She could have visited her daughter that was in St. Mungo's for 13 years before she was taken to grimmauld place. She could have helped them when they had problems every year that they were at Hogwarts. She could have helped them when they were on the run. Hell, she could have even just sent one bloody letter a year. Or even just one letter in general. But she didn't. She didn't do anything.

"So what? You ignored your daughter, you ignored us and now you just come to tell us that you were alive this entire time. Is that it? Are you going to go back to ignoring us again and pretending you're dead?"

"Harry." Hermione says warningly.

"It's okay, darling." Rhaenyra says while smiling gratefully towards Hermione. "I deserve it. If I was in your position I would react the same way."

She stands up before heading towards the desk that used to belong to Dumbledore. On the desk sits a purse that they assume belongs to her.

"I didn't finally come talk to the two of you to just abandon you again or just to tell you that I was alive. There was also another reason as to why I hadn't contacted the two of you before." She says while sitting down on the chair again.

"Which is?"

"I was doing research."

"Research?" Ron finally chimes in.

"Yes. I was doing research that could help me undo everything that has happened."

"Undo everything that has happened? Like a time turner?" Hermione asks.

"Sort of." She says before taking a deep breath. "The reason I was doing this research is because I couldn't- I won't accept what has happened. I needed to figure out a way I could save my family. And after years of dead ends, I finally found an answer. With the help of Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore helped you?" Luke asks.

"Yes, I have spent the last sixteen years trying to find a way to change the past. I had almost given up but Dumbledore found me and he led me in the right direction. A couple of months before he died, he gave me hints as to where I could some answers. And after a year, I finally found what I had been looking for all this time."

The four teenagers once again exchanged glances with one another while the elderly woman brought something out of her purse.

"A pocket watch? You ignored us for over sixteen years for a pocket watch?"

"It's not just a pocket watch. This is an astronomicus sinum vigula." she replies.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ron asks.

"It's an astronomical pocket watch." she answers.

"So it is a pocket watch." Harry huffs.

"It's not any ordinary pocket watch. Think of it as if it were sort of a time turner but there are a few differences. With a time turner, there are several versions of you and you can't change the past or the consequences will be severe. With the astronomicus sinum vigula, there's only one version of you which is the one that travels back in time. And you can change the past without having to face any consequences like you would with a time turner."

"Like Eloise Mintumble." Hermione states.

"Who's Eloise Mintumble?" Ron asks.

"Back in 1899, the Department of Mysteries made an experiment where they sent Eloise Mintumble back in time hundreds of years. She was stuck in that time period for five days before she was finally able to travel back to her time period. But she had aged five centuries and died shortly after in St Mungo's. Not only did she die but twenty-five descendants of people she met vanished and caused a day to last two and a half full days while another day only lasted a couple of hours. That's the sort of damage that can happen with a time turner."

"So why don't wizards and witches use this instead of time turners?" Luke asks.

"Because no one knows about them. Why do you think it took me so long to find out about this. While this can be used for good, it can also be used for bad which is why it's so difficult to find out about them, much less finally being able to obtain one. I have had this since february but with you four on the run, it was difficult trying to grab a hold of you."

"If you've had this since february, why haven't you traveled back in time to change the past and save everyone?" Harry asks.

"That's another reason as to why I've been looking for you. Dumbledore specifically stated that the only ones it will work for is the two of you, trust me I've tried to get it to work, and considering Ron and Hermione have helped you two with everything these past couple of years, it will also work with them."

"So we're supposed to go back in time and defeat Voldemort again before everyone dies?"

"Well yes." Their grandmother sighs. "I would go with you kids but my younger self will already be there and that will cause problems."

"I thought you said it wouldn't cause problems like with the time turners?" Hermione asks.

"It won't cause problems if you four go since you won't exist during that time and you'll be back before any of you are born but it will cause problems if I, someone who already exists in that time period, travels to that time period."

Now, Harry was in a predicament. He was so tired and he didn't want to go back and have to fight Voldemort all over again. But if he didn't that meant that everyone who has died, will stay dead.

He thought about his father, James Potter. Poor James, who never got to raise his boys. James, who never got to grow old with Stephanie just like they planned. James, who lost his brother's that night. James, who never got to hear his youngest son say his first word. James, who never got to see them take their first steps. James, who never got to be the dad he always dreamed about being. James, who never got to have his own quidditch team with his wife, like they always talked about. James, who lost his life to protect his family.

He thought about his mother, Stephanie Potter. His poor, sweet mother who lost her sanity to protect him. Wondering what it would feel like to be loved by her. Comforted, being taken care of, or hell even being scolded by her. He thought about how she was never able to process the death of the love of her life. Having hallucinations of James Potter, making herself believe that he was still alive. The severe breakdowns she would have the moment she realized it was all made up in her head. Attacking everyone, destroying the room she is in, hurting herself, wailing and screaming for James.

He thought about his little brother, Luke Potter. Poor Luke, who didn't even have a single memory, whether good or bad, of his parents before that night. Luke, who lost his parents when he was only a two month old baby. Luke, who never hated or resented Harry for the privileges he had. Luke, who would cry himself to sleep because he didn't feel worthy of being a gryffindor like his parents. Luke, who thought he wasn't strong enough like his dad or perfect enough like his mom. Luke, who believed his parents would be disappointed in him.

He thought about his godfather, Sirius Black. Poor Sirius, who was falsely accused of killing his brother and torturing his sister-in-law into insanity. Sirius, who spent twelve years in Azkaban. Sirius, who finally escaped and fought tooth and nail to prove to his godson and old friends that he was innocent. Sirius, who was forced to live in the same house where he grew up with his abusive parents. Sirius, who was killed by Bellatrix for protecting him. Sirius, who never got to prove his innocence before he died.

He thought about his godmother, Lily Evans. Poor Lily, who lost her sister. The sister that was always there for her after Petunia practically disowned her. Lily, who worked so hard to provide for him, his brother and Remus. Lily, who loved and protected them. Lily, who will never be able to raise her newborn baby, David Remus Lupin.

He thought about his brother's godfather, Remus Lupin. Poor Remus, who lost his brothers. Remus, who had to go through his transformations alone for twelve years. Remus, who got one of his brother's back just to lose him again two years later. Remus, who will never be able to raise his newborn baby, David Remus Lupin.

Harry wanted to be selfish. He wanted to just give up and leave things be how they are. He was tired and all he wanted to do was go back to grimmauld place and have his mom hold him in her arms while he cried.

But he couldn't be selfish.

He couldn't let this be their ending.

"I'll do it." Harry says with an amount of energy he didn't believe was possible after the day's events.

"So will I." Luke, Hermione and Ron add.

"No. Luke, you should stay here with Ron and Hermione. It'll be dangerous-"

"They're also my parents. Besides we've done everything together since my first year. I'm not leaving you alone now."

"We're your best friends, Harry. We're not going to let you go through that alone." Ron says with a reassuring smile. "Besides, you wouldn't make it without Hermione."

"Thanks, Ron." He replies with a forced smile causing the three of them to laugh at the boy while Rhaenyra stares at them with a smile and fond eyes.

They stand up before sharing reassuring looks with one another.

"We're ready."

"All you have to do is hold hands while you press this button, Harry." She explains while walking towards them before pointing to a small button that was on the side of the pocket watch. "Don't worry, everything will be fine. Dumbledore will be there to explain everything."

Harry grabs a hold on the pocket watch with his right hand before holding on to his little brother's hand with his left hand. Luke holds onto Hermione, who holds onto Ron, who holds on to Harry's right forearm. The four Gryffindors forming a small circle while exchanging reassuring looks with one another once again.

"Make sure you don't let go of each other's hands. Good luck."

That's the last thing they hear before Harry presses the button causing them to warp. All they could see is a bright light surrounding them while their bodies twisted in different ways. After a couple of seconds, and Harry thinking he had been lied to and they were all on their way to the afterlife, they finally land on hard concrete floor with a thud.

They laid on the floor, groaning in pain before Harry finally sit up while holding his head. The first thing he sees is the ten-year-old version of his little brother and the eleven-year-old versions of his best friends.

"Bloody hell, Harry. You look just like when we were in first year."

"So do you."

"I've been waiting for all of you." A new voice adds.

Standing in front of them is Albus Dumbledore leaning against his desk.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Or should I say welcome back."

A/N: OH MY GOD!!!! I FINALLY POSTED THE PROLOGUE! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!

Anyways!! I hope you guys like it, please recommend it to people lol.

AND COMMENT PLEASE!!! I'm gonna need the motivation to be able to continue the story.

Also, I already mentioned this before but my computer isn't working right now so I have to write this on my phone and upload it from my phone as well so there might be some mistakes, so please bare with me until I'm finally able to fix them.

I would also like to add that I'm currently going through a really bad time with my mental health so the writing might be shit and awful so I apologize.

I think that's it, ok bye!!

NOT EDITED

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

9.6K 194 28
In which °• a young single mother tries to go through life•° °•°•° JILY and Regulus survives! Voldemort dies by comes back in GOF! Peter never betray...
1.9M 50.3K 179
✾𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳✾ ✧ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ✧ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩...
9.3K 364 31
What if Remus had twin sisters, Rose and Roxanne? And what if Tonks was Sirius' younger sister? And what if there was a fourth Marauder instead of Wo...
11.9K 364 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...