Laminax Laboratories 🔬(UNDER...

Von Dude98362

(This is basically an entirely different book now.) Jake is in need of a job. Badly in need of a job. He was... Mehr

Notes & Characters
(Rewrite) Chapter 1: Opportunities
(Rewrite) Chapter 2: Taught The Basics
(Rewrite) Chapter 3: The Truth
(Rewrite) Chapter 4: Computer Research
(Rewrite) Chapter 5: Late Interview & Lunch
(Rewrite) Chapter 6: Poweroutage
(Rewrite) Chapter 7: Traumatic Events
(Rewrite) Chapter 8: A Senior Scientist is Always Right
(Rewrite) Chapter 9: Not What it Seems
(Rewrite) Chapter 11: Two at Once
(Rewrite) Chapter 12: *Slight* Changes
(Rewrite) Chapter 13: Just a Bad Nightmare
(Rewrite) Chapter 14: Blackout Fight
(Rewrite) Chapter 15: How Gruesome
(Rewrite) Chapter 16: Get This Man a Therapist
(Rewrite) Chapter 17: In a Raid, Sacrifices Must Be Made
Thank you (7K)

(Rewrite) Chapter 10: Horrifying Sights

282 6 29
Von Dude98362

"..wh..what..?" I ask, a hint of worry in my voice. "This operation is only in place because of manic numbers rapidly increasing. Whether it be staff, subjects, or whatever...there's just too many of them. And the only way to solve this..is to make them fight to the death." Harry says. My heart rate begins to increase rapidly after what he said. 'Does this mean he knows?! No..he couldn't! He doesn't know!' I think to myself.

"You seem lost in thought, Wesson. What's on your mind?" Harry asks. "..n-nothing..." I reply. "I know you're thinking hard about something." Harry says. "I-It's really n-nothing..." I reply. "If you say so." Harry says, before pulling his radio out. "Bring in the manics." Harry says through the radio. "Copy that." A voice says from his radio.

I watch as the door into the garden opens. A guard throws a manic into the room, before swiftly closing it. The manic growls, before getting up from the floor and pacing around the room. The door suddenly opens again, as two more manics are thrown into the room. The manics seem to be territorial, as they all try to make sure no one gets into their space bubble. The manics circles around each other, before one manic pounces on another.

The manic raises its claw up into the air, slashing the weak manic on the throat. It tries to reach for its throat, but to no avail. The weak manic is pinned down, and can't get out of the other manic's grip. I watch as goo begins pouring out of it's throat, before choking on its own blood. The manic on top of the now dead manic is immediately grabbed, and thrown to the ground by another manic.

The manic on the ground tries to desperately claw at the manic that just grabbed it, but it's no use, as the manic that threw the other one to the ground repeatedly stomps on their head, until it explodes. The manic that won the fight now has a grin on its face, as two more manics are thrown into the room.

"Alright, I've had enough." Harry says, before pressing a red button. I stand by and watch as a gas fills the garden room, causing all of the manics to go into a coughing fit, before collapsing to the floor, dead. I watch as the gas now disappears from the room as Harry presses a grey button next to the red one.

I take a moment to process the horrifying sight that unfolded beneath my very eyes. (Insert 1000 yard stare) "..what..did I just witness.." I say, in utter shock, as I watch guards enter the room once again, dragging the bodies of the manics to somewhere I couldn't see. "You witnessed M-Ext. That's what you witnessed." Harry says. "..I...I never agreed to watch this..ANY of this..." I say. "Yes, but you're going to have to get used to things like this." Harry says, starting to walk out of the room. I follow behind him, the vision of the two manic's dead bodies continuously popping up in my head.

Harry scans his ID card on the door once again, walking out with me as it opens. I look down at the floor, questioning what I had just witnessed.

Dr. L's POV

I walk back from my hotel room, with the syringe in my hands. I then walk into the garden, only to not see Jake. "Does he really have that short of an attention span?" I ask to myself. 'Fucckk..where is he...where is he.....WHERE IS HE..' I think to myself, frantically searching across the whole facility. I bump into someone as I look up. It's Harry, the head scientist.

Harry pushes me off of him, before I see Jake with a sad expression on his face. "Wesson! What on earth-" I am unable to finish my sentence as Harry interrupts me. "You should be asking me the questions." Harry says, interrupting me. "..anyways. What did you do? Why is he so glum? And why is he with you.." I ask, a hint of disgust in the last question.

"Simple. I made him watch M-Ext." Harry replies. "That crazy extermination?! He's only a trainee! He's fucking scarred for life now! Look at him!" I exclaim. I glance at Jake, noticing his eyes look different. His iris is magenta, while a cyan outline is on his iris. His pupil looks slightly larger than normal, and his eyes resemble more of an animal. 'Did his eyes..always look like that?' I ponder.

"He looks totally fine to me." Harry says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm going to be taking him from here.." I say, grabbing Jake by the arm, and almost dragging him to the elevator room, as Harry walks off.

Jake's POV

Dr. L begins dragging me through the halls, until we reach the elevator room. He carries a syringe in one hand, letting go of my arm with his other hand. "Roll your sleeves up for me." Dr. L says. "..why?" I ask. "Just do it.." He says. I roll both of my lab coat arm sleeves up, as Dr. L looks at my arm for something. "All good, aaaand...oh..oh no..." Dr. L says, taking a step back. "What?" I ask. "Look at your left forearm." Dr. L says. I take my left arm up to my eye level, and take a look. My entire forearm is colored magenta. "Wh..what does that mean?" I ask. "That means...the parasite has already begun taking over your left arm..." Dr. L says.

I stand in silence.

"There's no way people won't notice that! Especially when my whole arm is covered!" I exclaim. "Shh..shh..don't talk loudly.." Dr. L says. "Don't worry about people seeing your arm..I have the perfect solution!" Dr. L says. "..well..what is it?" I ask. "Gloves. I have some really long gloves that cover your whole arm!" Dr. L says. "..do you just..have all of these things conveniently on you?" I ask. "Yep!" Dr. L replies.

"Anyways..how'd it go when you used that syringe for the first time?" Dr. L asks. "..I uh..felt..pain? And then it stopped, and I passed out." I reply. "I'm amazed to see you aren't dead..that syringe of white blood cells might be my greatest creation!" Dr. L says. "..well..I'm just glad it worked.." I say. "..yeah..." Dr. L says. He hands the syringe in his hand to me, as I take it and put it in one of my pockets. "Anyways..time to go pick a subject to test on!" Dr. L says with glee.

He begins walking to the garden, as I follow behind. When we make it to the garden, he walks up a few stairs, into a double doored room. I follow right behind him, as we finally make our way into the area behind the garden. I am immediately greeted by a large hallway, with guards stationed almost everywhere. There are multiple doors, with text on a label next to them. "Here is the subject cells! Amazing, right?" Dr. L says. "..uh..yeah..sure.." I reply, as a guard gives me a glare.

We reach a door labeled 'Melonshork'. Dr. L presses a button on the door, revealing two more doors. One to the left, one to the right. Dr. L enters the one to the left, as I follow. We walk into the room, as I am met with three chairs facing one way glass, a table with a computer on it, and a small plant inside a pot. Through the glass, I see a melonshork sitting down on the ground, bored. I hear the melonshork making muffled grumbling sounds.

"Boring..boring..boring..there's nothing to do here!" The melonshork exclaims, slightly muffled by the glass. I turn my head to Dr. L, who I don't think can hear the melonshork talking. "Yeah?" Dr. L asks. "..oh..uh..nothing..." I say, looking back through the glass. I watch as Dr. L writes down notes in his notebook in my peripheral vision. "When are things going to get interesting.." The melonshork says, bored out of their mind.

"..melonshork seems to be bored.." Dr. L says, writing that down in his notebook. "Alright. Wesson, this is the subject we're going to be testing on." Dr. L says. "..we?" I ask. "Yes, we. I'm basically your uh...trainer." Dr. L says. "For what?" I ask. "Getting to know the place..knowing what to do..all that stuff." Dr. L replies. "Oh, okay..I think I get it now.." I say. "Alright, now let's sta-" Dr. L is interrupted as we both hear a door open to the room we're in. "Hold on. Stay here." Dr. L says, walking out of the observation room.

I continue watching the melonshork.

I hear as Dr. L and someone else are having a conversation outside of the room.

"I'll be taking that!"

"Can I get a thank you?"

"Nope!"

I then hear the door shut, as Dr. L walks back in, holding a melon slice. "Eh?" I ask. "A guard gave me a melon slice to test on the melonshork." Dr. L says. "Uh..alright." I say. Dr. L opens the testing room door, as I see the melonshork avert its gaze to Dr. L. "This is totally safe! If you attack me, just know that I have a gun." Dr. L says, to the melonshork. "Pffft...this human is so cocky...if only he could hear me.." The melonshork says. I watch as Dr. L places the melon slice on the ground, quickly exiting the room, and heading back to the observation room.

"Alright, we're just going to start it off simple. Watch the melonshork's reaction to the melon slice. Got it?" Dr. L asks. "Mhmm." I reply. The melonshork inside of the testing room takes the melon slice off of the ground, and begins inspecting it. The melonshork displays a look of sadness, before setting the melon back on the floor next to them. I write this down in my notebook, as Dr. L does the same. I look back up from my notebook when I finish writing it, as I see the melonshork rest against the wall, bored, as it was before.

"I was hoping this test would be more interesting..." Dr. L says. "..well..what did you expect? It's just a melon slice." I say. Dr. L mumbles something. "Fair." He replies. Dr. L walks out of the room, as I follow right behind. "..is that..it?" I ask. "For testing? Yeah pretty much." Dr. L replies. Suddenly, the intercom blades on.

"Attention all Laminax staff. Subject 43, known as 'Kaiju' has escaped. Stay alert, and notify radio if you see anything."

And then, the intercom shuts off as suddenly as it turned on.

"..43 escaped..I knew this was happen." Dr. L says, stopping in his tracks. "Should we be..concerned?" I ask. "I should. You shouldn't. I mean, I think...most gootraxians don't harm others of their kind..so you should be fine." Dr. L replies. We continue walking forward, as I see a resting place, inside of a storage room right outside the garden. I sit down on one the couches, immediately feeling comfortable.

"Anyways, while we're in private..any sudden urges or impulses lately?" Dr. L asks. "..no..I don't think.." I say. "Ah, okay. Now, while we're on the topic..have you seen your eyes?" Dr. L asks, pointing to a mirror on the wall. I get up off of the couch, walking to the mirror. My iris has a cyan outline, while the rest of it is magenta. My pupil looks slightly larger than before. "..oh..no..not my eyes, too!" I exclaim. Dr. L does a 'shush' motion, before hastily pushing me back to the couch I was resting on. I immediately understand, as I hear steps coming our way.

Dr. L's POV

I stand up, waiting for the mystery person to come over here. I immediately recognize who it is, as I see Rita, one of the medics here. "Hey hey! Rita, what's good!" I say with a sense of joy. "Don't ever talk like that to me again." Rita says, walking over to a box. She stops in her tracks as she notices Jake. "What in the world..." Rita says, taking a step back from him. I immediately walk over between the two. "Before you ask any questions, it is a prank." I say. "Yeah I guessed. Aw, you poor soul.." Rita says, looking down at Jake.

Jake's POV

"Aw, you poor soul.." Rita says, looking down at me. "Yeah..pranks..haha.." I say. "How did he manage to get those contacts onto your eyes...truly interesting how Dr. L pulls off his pranks!" Rita exclaims, with curiosity. "..yeah..." I say.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

694 28 12
NOT A SHIPPING BOOK "We at Laminax, knows that our employees can get tired for working every day 24/7, that's why we created the "After Hours Protoco...
110K 4.4K 64
A werewolf story (Cover edit: Made by me) ~ Hyunjin harshly wiped his wretched tears and screamed, "You promised you wouldn't lie to me! "There are t...
122K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
16.2K 459 34
Human story about avatar, especially the avatar ships: aonung x neteyam, tsireya x lo'ak and idk if Kiri should end with spider or rotxo, tell me in...