Vikings: Seer Daughter

By Loke123stark

Eleanor is the youngest child of Ragnar and Aslaug , born in 804. More

Eleanor Ragnarsdottir
A Good Treason
Kill The Queen
Yol
The Last Ship
Author Note
The Outsider
The Vision
Two Journeys
In the Uncertain Hour Before the Morning
All His Angels
Crossings
The Great Army
Revenge
On The Eve
The Reckoning
The Departed Part 1
The Departed Part 2
Homeland
The Plan
Full Moon
The Joke
A Simple Story
Moments Of Vision
The Revelation
Murder Most Foul

The Prisoner And The Message

171 3 0
By Loke123stark

York 

No one POV 

 The Saxons celebrate their victory although Heahmund still wonders why the rats are above ground. Below, the Vikings situate themselves to attack. They crawl from the sewers and engage the Saxons in battle.

Eleanor was riding with Alf and she shot an arrow at Heahmund knocking him down, and many were running. 

Eleanor pointed an arrow at Heahmund and another went to attack her from behind, and Eleanor seeing it coming, took out a dagger and stabbed him. 

Heahmund said "You knew the move he was going to make" and Eleanor said "I did, comes in handy." 

Heahmund said "I knew something was wrong" and Eleanor said "Good for you, not able to stop it, so why does it matter?". 

Heahmund went to run away and Eleanor took out another arrow and pointed at him with her bow and Eleanor said "Do not move." 

Heahmund said "I will not be afraid of a little girl, you are not strong, doing so goes against who you are." 

Eleanor smiled and shot the arrow at his horse killing it and Eleanor said "Still think I am weak, go ahead try me, but the horse is not going to be the thing I shoot." 

Heahmund looked over at her and Ivar came forward and said "Do not kill him, sister, I need him alive."

Eleanor said "Really?" and Ivar said "You know he's not meant to die, He will be useful to our cause." 

Eleanor looked over and lowered her bow and said "It's your lucky day, Christian" and she grabbed him and said "Move." 

Later

Eleanor was touching some of the blood and focused and saw the Saxon army in pieces leaving their camp. 

Ivar said "And what did you see?" and Eleanor said "Let me focus." 

Eleanor looked up and said "The Saxon army, or what remains of it, has abandoned their camp and left." 

Ivar said "Where is it, we should pursue them" and Eleanor said "Brother, I am not a map, not an answer to all your questions, this is not how visions work, I get little by little." 

Ivar said "but the knowledge is there, you just need to push a little more, make sure bad things do not happen, Control it more before it control you." 

Eleanor said "You do realize I killed a lot of Saxons soldiers, every move they made I knew it before they did it, I can control my abilities. And if you keep hovering, I am going to go mad." 

Hvitserk smiled and Eleanor said "We have more important things to do than fighting a broken army" and Hvitserk said "Our sister is right, We must look to Kattegat. What if Ubbe kills Lagertha, or persuades her to crown him king? The loss of our home base would be a devastating blow. We need to sort things out. We must kill Ubbe and Lagertha, and you must be crowned king of Kattegat, before Bjorn returns." 

Eleanor looked up at him and Ivar said "You are making more and more sense, my brother. Good man. I remember also that King Harald has an ambition of invading Kattegat. In the short term... we should make an alliance and work with him." 

Eleanor said "What about Ubbe?" and Hvitserk said "He must die, he works with our mother's murderer." 

Eleanor said "He's our brother, he's gone far I can" and Ivar said "he's betrayed us, do you not think that what Lagertha did, is do you not miss mother." 

Eleanor said "Of course I miss mother, that's not what I meant, I mean that" and Ivar cut her off and said "This time we will truly quit York, though leaving a big enough garrison to keep it safe until our return." 

Eleanor said "And what of our prisoner? This bishop." 

Ivar said "Well, what do you propose?" and Hvitserk said "Well, he seems like an important man. We could offer him back to the Saxons for a great ransom." 

Ivar said "Or we could crucify him. That would be fun. Sister, I need to know where King Harald is for this alliance to work." 

Eleanor looked up and Hvitserk said "Doesn't need to, she can ask his son, after all they're so close" and Eleanor kicked Hvitserk. 

Eleanor smiled back. 

By the Tent 

Alf looked over and said "Well, my father is nearby, I sent him a letter telling him of the meeting, and he wrote back on where he is" and Eleanor said "Thank you, but that's now why I asked you to do it, I know my brother, and you know your father, if they want to make an alliance, they don't trust each other, they'll want to use something to keep it firm. And if they go to betray each other." 

Alf said "Which is very likely, they'll do whatever they can use to make sure it's not firm" and Eleanor said "I'm a girl, you know what's used to make alliances firm, who is used, I refuse to be a pawn or an object to be sold off." 

Alf said "You are not" and Eleanor said "I know I'm not, because we can do something to take the power for ourself, the power of choice, to help our families, and to do what we want to do." 

Alf said "What do you mean?" and Eleanor said "You are Harald's son, his heir, I am Ivar's sister, I am the daughter of Ragnar. We're both of age, and we both care about each other, and it's not as if we don't want this, and this gives us a chance to do it, no one could stop it or fight back, which is what we always feared of the future." 

Alf smiled and said "Ellie, are you saying what I think your saying" and Eleanor said "I think I am, I know it's traditional for the man to you know propose it but." 

Alf said "Since when have we ever done the things the way they're supposed to be" and Eleanor said "So, they'll have to agree to it, but will you?". 

Alf said "Yes, yes of course I will" and Eleanor smiled and he hugged her and they kissed. 

In a Forest 

Harald and Astrid are in the forest, when horses rode up and Ivar, Eleanor and Hvitserk walked up and Harald said "Ivar and Hvitserk Lothbrok. Eleanor Ragnasdottir." 

Eleanor smiled and Harald said "Where is my son?" and Eleanor said "He's on his way. "

Harald said "Why did you not return to Kattegat?" and Ivar said "You don't need my sister to know that Ubbe and I fell out. We disagreed about many things. But in the end, Hvitserk and Eleanor agreed with me, and Ubbe sailed alone to Kattegat, and that is why we're here." 

Harald said "A good choice. A good choice. Surely you all remember Astrid? She's my queen now." 

Ivar said " I am happy for both of you." 

Harald said "Oh, thank you, Ivar. So, do I understand that you and your warriors will support me when I att*ck Kattegat?". 

Ivar said "Straight to it. I like it. Yes, we will."

Hvitserk said "But only if Ivar is made king." 

Harald said "You know that I have my own plans for that kingdom."

Ivar said "Of course, of course. And that is why we are here. What I think my dear brother is trying to say is that in the long term, what is to stop you from ruling Kattegat when I am dead and gone? How long can that be? I'm not a healthy person. I'm a cripple. About your brother Hvitserk?". 

Ivar said "All that matters to the three of us is to reclaim the kingdom that was torn from us by that murder bitch, Lagertha. We want to be in an alliance with you, to make that happen. And soon." 

Harald said "You have a prisoner. I have heard of this man. Where is he?" and Ivar said "Bring the Christian." 

Guards brought Heahmund and Ivar said "On his knees." 

Harald said "Bishop Heahmund. What's the point of him? Why don't you just kill him?" and Ivar said " Because he is a great warrior. I've seen how he fights with my own eyes. And I admire great warriors." 

Harald said "He will fight for us?" and Ivar said "Maybe. If he doesn't want to get crucified. So do we have an alliance." 

Harald said "How should we trust each other, how do I know you won't betray me, or that I won't betray you." 

Eleanor said "By assuring it in the best way to assure any alliance, Marriage" and Harald said "And who would you marry, Princess Eleanor? I do not want another wife." 

Eleanor laughed and said "Oh believe me, King Harald, I do not want to spend my life married to someone old enough to be my father. No , not you, But your son, Alf, and I are close, and I trust him, we have happiness and also in this also comes an alliance for you, as he is your heir, our families would be united." 

Ivar went to object and Harald said "A fine idea, I agree to it, we shall be allied, and you will marry my son. It will happen as soon as possible before the fighting to ensure it." 

Eleanor said "Great." 

Hvitserk said "Good idea, Sister." 

Harald saw Bishop Heahmund praying and Eleanor began to walk away and Ivar grabbed her by the wrist and said "You should have told me before you did that, Eleanor." 

Eleanor said "Why? Am I an object, Ivar, or an animal, or your pet who needs permission every time I do something." 

Ivar said "I am your older brother, what you do is up to" and Eleanor said "I am not an object, or a piece to be sold off for you, I made the choice and it made the alliance, I don't need your permission,your welcome by the way." 

Eleanor walked away. 

By the Table 

Eleanor walked up to Alf and they hugged and Alf said "Soon" and Eleanor said "Soon" and Alf said "Doesn't it bother you that Ivar wanted to stop it." 

Eleanor asid "Yes,but he's just being overprotective, this is good news" and Alf said "Soon enough we'll be husband and wife." 

Eleanor said "Gods, that's so weird" and Alf said "Will take some getting used to" and Eleanor smiled and Alf said "But once the fighting is over, what do you think we should do. I mean this is happening quickly." 

Eleanor said "I wouldn't want to stay in Kattegat, there I'm just seen as the Seer Daughter, I want to be me, Just Eleanor and live a happy life." 

Alf said "You do realize we would have to return" and Eleanor said "I know, but before then." 

Alf said "Do you remember how we always dreamed of just living in the mountains, deep there" and Eleanor said "We could do that and farm, Live a happy life." 

Alf said "I like that plan." 

Eleanor smiled. 

Harald looked over at Eleanor and Alf and Harald said "Those two always got along, always were close. What is it you really want, Ivar Lothbrok?". 

Ivar said "Revenge. I dream of the many ways that I can make Lagertha suffer before I kill her. It is written my sister has told me that Lagertha is to die by a son of Ragnar.  I want revenge because... Because she killed my beautiful mother. My youngest sister is the only one that looks like her, with her red hair." 

Harald said "What of the kingdom? What of Kattegat?" and Ivar said "It is not so important to me.
" and Harald said "But surely your brother will..." and Ivar said "I said it is not so important to me. What is it about the word king that makes even reasonable people behave like idiots, huh? Ah, how is married life? You are married to Astrid, Lagertha's lover. I hope she's worth it."

Harald said "Your sister will know that soon, in a few days actually. I'm sure they'll be very happy, and they're both young and will have many children." 

Inside a Tent 

Ivar walked in towards Heahmund who was in chains and Ivar said "There is going to be a war. A war that will make me the King of Kattegat, my father's kingdom. A war against the usurper, Ragnar's first wife, Lagertha, who killed my mother in order to be queen. And, of course, a war between brothers. Bishop, you have a choice. Fight alongside me or I will kill you." 

Heahmund said "What are your wars to me?" and Ivar said "A way of staying alive." 

Heahmund said "I'm not afraid to die for my faith." 

Ivar said "But you are not being asked to do that. I am not asking you to renounce your faith or to fight against Christians. All I'm asking you is to kill more of those you call heathens." 

Heahmund said "Why do you offer me this choice?" and Ivar said "Because I am jealous of you. I would like to be like you. Strong... and whole. A great warrior. That is why I saved you. And that is why I want you to fight alongside me.

By a table 

Ivar and Hvitserk were sitting down as celebrations began and Harald was talking to Alf and Hvitserk said "Will he fight with us?" and Ivar said "I really no idea." 

Hvitserk said "You didn't discuss with me the arrangement you made with King Harald. Neither you nor Eleanor." 

Ivar said "What arrangement? And our sister didn't discuss it with me either, and you said yourself it was a good idea." 

Hvitserk said "That's because it is, it will make her happy, and I want that for her, but the arragement I speak of is That you would be king, but that afterwards the crown would pass down to him first and not to me." 

Ivar said "That is because, Hvitserk, it is not really an arrangement. It is just words, huh? Who is to say that he will not try to kill me? Or that I might try to kill him? Or that you might try to kill the both of us for that matter? Of course our sister had to make matters more complicated." 

Hvitserk said "You won't try to change it, the wedding is to happen in two days" and Ivar said "Of course I won't, after all if this all works out, this means our little sister will be Queen one day and will give birth to future Kings." 

Hvitserk said "I don't know, Ivar. I wish I could believe you. I wish I knew who you really were." 

Ivar said "Ah, you know who I really am, Hvitserk. I'm your crippled brother. You used to pull me on a sledge through the streets of Kattegat. Remember? Nothing has really changed except those were only childish games." 

Hvitserk said "What is it you really want, Ivar?" and Ivar said "I want to be the most famous man who ever lived. " 

Hvitserk said "Even greater than Father?" and Ivar said "Much greater than Father. In time, the name of Ragnar Lothbrok will fade and be forgotten. No one will ever forget Ivar the Boneless." 

By the table 

Eleanor was sitting down and Ivar said "To the overthrow of the witch, Lagertha, and to the liberation of Kattegat!". 

Everyone cheered and Eleanor stopped as she had a vision, and she walked through, touching blood on the floor and she saw Lagertha running away, she saw fire again. 

She saw blood coming from her, and on the blood, it said only one child will survive.

Eleanor gasped and she looked around and Harald said "I will summon my jarls. And my ships still need to be repaired and made ready, as do yours. But when all this is done, we should have a fleet of at least ships. There's a full moon tonight. Let us say that we will attack in two moons' time." 

Ivar said "I agree." 

Harald looked at Astrid and said "It will be strange for you to return to Kattegat as a queen. And here's to our sacred agreement. Which if any man breaks, he will deserve to die. And to my son, and you Eleanor, who soon I will be proud to call family, I wish you well in this marriage, and hope that with you two I will soon have grandsons." 

Alf and Eleanor smiled and Eleanor said "No pressure" and Alf smiled and said "Look, it might matter to my father, but not to me, I'll be alright as long as I have you and my own honor." 

Eleanor smiled and they kissed. 

Two Days Later 

Eleanor had a dress on and was braiding her hair and she saw in her vision, Lagertha being told of the attack and the marriage, and she saw Heahmund killing the man who was taunting him. 

Astrid walked in and said "We soon are to be family" and Eleanor said "You do realize I'm a seer, there's nothing I don't know." 

Astrid said "Will you tell him?" and Eleanor said "It's already happen, you think he won't find out, I won't lie." 

Eleanor kept braiding her hair and Astrid said "Braids? Where did you learn that" and Eleanor said "My mother, she always taught me, at least before that bitch Lagertha killed her, so yes I did tell Harald, because I hate Lagertha, the person who you stand beside. And if I get the chance, I will kill her for the person she took away from me." 

Eleanor walked past her. 

Inside 

Eleanor walked towards Alf who was at the end and she smiled at him and he smiled back, both very happy, they held hands. 

Harald said "In sights of Odin and the Gods, Do you, Alf take Eleanor to be your wife?" and Alf said "I do." 

Harald said "And do you, Eleanor in sight of Odin and the Gods take Alf to be your husband." 

Eleanor said "I do" and they both smiled and Harald said"I now prounnce you both man and wife" and they both smiled and kissed. 

Everyone cheered. 

Later 

There were celebrations happening, Eleanor smiled at Alf and he smiled back and Hvitserk said "Congratulations, Sister, I'm happy for you, you've kept your promise to mother." 

Eleanor said "I have, and I'm beyond happy, and once the fighting is done, you could have the same." 

Hvitserk said "I don't think children are in my future"and Eleanor said "I think you might be surprised." 

Ivar walked up to Alf and said "Congratulations" and Alf turned around and said "Thank you" and Ivar said "My sister loves you, trusts you, even when you two were children, you'd spend all that time together." 

Alf looked back and nervously smiled and Ivar said "My sister has gifts, gifts that have helped the cause here, and could help anyone." 

Alf said "I would never use Eleanor, She is far more than her gifts" and Ivar said "If you try to turn her against me, Alf, your father, or anyone here will find your charred corpse." 

Ivar walked away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.8K 10
She was a dream, the calm in the storm, since being a babe, the youngest of her siblings, Young Ragnar, Uhtred and Thyra. A girl much too gentle, her...
8.9K 277 22
"Ivar the Boneless, Old Scandinavian Ivar inn beinlausi, Ivar also spelled Ivarr, Inguar, or Inwaer, (died 873, Dublin [Ireland]), Viking chieftain...
7K 333 19
Estimated to be born at approximately 798 AD, Saint Benedicta of Scandinavia remains a controversial figure up to this day. Throughout the centuries...
179K 3.7K 46
In the burning ruins of an ancient city, Ragnar Lothbrok's eldest son with his second wife Aslaug, Ubbe, found one lone survivor. A young girl. A gir...