HOLD THE STAGE | formula 1

Da koidivision

In an unexpected twist, Max Verstappen sets to depart Redbull Racing after the 2018 F1 season, upgrading Dani... Altro

one - actual f1 problems
two - a burning building...

HOLD THE STAGE

102 6 14
Da koidivision

⸻ 𝙃𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙀,
by koidivision.

synopsis.

SOMMER SILVA HAD REACHED AN UNEXPECTED POINT IN HER CAREER. On the fast track to A-List, following the success of her band's third album, instead of continuing on this path of success, the group and their management mutually agreed to take one year off from their busy lives together. But with a constant need to work herself to the bone, Sommer took on a TV gig, portraying an ex-race car driver and training identically for "realism." Where before the end of taping, she's met with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

BENEDICT FRIIS HAD GROWN DESPERATE. In the fallout of the tumultuous 2018 season, star driver in the making, Max Verstappen, initiated a surprise coup with Toto Wolf, leaving the team in disarray for Mercedes and upgrading the fed-up Daniel Ricciardo to first seat before he could try and flee as well. The team principal was left scrambling to fill the void, his options limited, as the team's reserves were less than stellar, academy alum Carlos Sainz was placed at Ferrari, and the junior feeder drivers at Toro Rosso were not ready for the big leagues. The pressure was on, and the team's future was uncertain.

To make matters worse, the budget was split in half.

After being forced to guest appear in the TV series by Redbull execs and watching the girl race around a fake track in an old model of the RB11, he asks the young star a crazy question, "Have you ever thought about doing this... in a serious capacity?"

Sommer stared at the man for a moment, thinking him to be crazy, but still... thinking about it.

Then, before she knew it, she was in training, and in parallel with the famous scene from the show, she stood on the podium at her maiden home race, bathing in the first-place spotlights beside her new teammate.

DANIEL RICCIARDO WAS INHERENTLY ATTRACTED TO COMPETITION. Even when it threatened his position as a senior driver. Verstappen had beat him to the punch: leaving Redbull. But maybe it was for the best, he thought. His goal was to be the world champion, and now he had the team's complete focus to do so.

Taking up mentorship for the girl, an attempt to shape her into his "perfect teammate," he soon realizes he can't hold her back, and despite his best interest, he can't help but fall for a pretty face.

CARLOS SAINZ JR LIKES A FIGHT AND HATES TO LOSE. He's been team-hopping ever since his start in the sport, and on the brink of signing, pulls out of Red Bull to race in a coveted Ferrari seat. He saw Sommer as his replacement, and to Ferrari and Red Bull, beating her means proving himself, or that he's up to swap places for the new, faster-looking car she's in.

Throughout the season, tensions rise as they realize her arrival is much scarier than they thought — a shake-up amongst the grid. And the end of her single-season contract could mean her innate talent would be up for grabs at any other rival team, or mean the end of Ricciardo's residence.

AS TYRES SPIN, COLLIDE, AND SET ABLAZE, THE FIGHT FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MEANS EVERYTHING, AND THE BATTLE TO REMAIN FRIENDS GROWS INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT.

kahealani papke      | sommer silva
the songbird

"i'm not a competitive person."
adventure of a lifetime - coldplay

daniel ricciardo
the honey badger

"i'll make you one."
rollercoaster - justin bieber

carlos sainz jr.
the competition

"we already have a suit made for him. that's how much of a threat he is to you. you fail, he's in."
don't hold the wall - justin timberlake

charles leclerc
the prince of monaco

"if he's not in a ferrari, he's dead. his devotion is for life. he'd sweep you if he was in a better car, though."
style - taylor swift

max verstappen
mad max

"it's not about if he passes you, it's when."
hotel room service - pitbull

elizabeth wood | rina sterling
the rockstar

"i don't think there is anything in this world that could make me hate you. even deciding to be a race car driver. you're pushing it, but you'll live to see another day in my contacts."
the fame - lady gaga

matthew daddario | evan sterling
the recluse

"i've spent my whole life protecting you, just to crash into walls for fun. the simple life will never be enough. i realized that a long time ago."
chitchat - beach weather

&

taye diggs | benedict friis
rosamund pike | mary bilthe
quintessa swindell | ashton laurier

THE (fictional) 2019 FORMULA 1 GRID

mercedes
44. lewis hamilton
33. max verstappen

redbull
3. daniel ricciardo
99. sommer silva

ferrari
16. charles leclerc
55. carlos sainz

mclaren
4. lando norris
23. alexander albon

alfa romeo
7. kimi raikkonen
5. sebastian vettel

racing point
11. sergio perez
18. lance stroll

rokit williams
63. george russell
77. valtteri bottas

renault
31. esteban ocon
27. nico hulkenberg

toro rosso
10. pierre gasley
26. daniil kvyat

haas
8. romain grosjean
20. kevin magnussen

┊𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓┊

CONTENT WARNING.
mentions of rocky family lives? family abuse?? i know this will sound crazy but this is the most sfw content warning i've written.

▋(very long) AUTHOR'S NOTE.
AHHHH!! super excited to be posting this. I honestly never thought I would start another fic so soon, especially about Formula 1 of all things. I typically try to steer clear of writing about real people but when this idea came to my head, I couldn't pass up the idea. Obviously, this is entirely fictional, my portrayals of the Formula players will not be exact, and these circumstances would never happen in real life; this is a crazy fictional version of events. like the evil timeline in "Community."

So obviously I will be taking deviation from what has actually happened/happens irl in F1.

In light of recent allegations, I've decided to make an original character as the Red Bull team principal.

I will be basing a lot of the events for this roided-up version of the 2019 grid on events that happened in previous seasons, but also the recent 2023 season (ie sainz being a sexy strategic impeding nightmare, leclerc being hit with by the struggle bus repeatedly over and over again, the lewis max fight for the championship, haas giving nothing, etc etc)

This is a new genre for me, I usually go the more emo supernatural route for my fics but I think expanding beyond my comfort zone will be fun for me. no murder yay!!!!!! (maybe... kidding 🤭)

This fic will be MUCH MORE light-hearted, still dramatic but lighter-hearted than my others but, if you enjoy seeing angsty supernatural monsters struggle through the trials and tribulations of public high school (+ murderous science experiments,) I would totally recommend my teen wolf au book, "Ravenwood," (though I won't recommend it for the faint of heart.) (or any children that happened to find their way onto wattpad.)

Ok, long author's note over now, thanks for reading!

A LEGAL DISCLAIMER (for my lawyer) (i fired sandra, currently repping myself)
this is fiction. idk i've never written with real names before. idk what i would put here.

DEDICATED...
skye and maya, I LOVE YOU TWO!!!
and thank you reader!
morelftv Br3adb0tter

started  . . .  01/05/24
finished  . . .  tba

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

593K 36K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
185K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
843K 39.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
318K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...