It All Leads Back to You

بواسطة quinci23

The past should never be repeated. It was a fact learned through history. Leah Williamson had just clos... المزيد

Chapter 1 - Dani
Chapter 2 - Leah
Chapter 3 - Dani
Chapter 4 - Leah
Chapter 5 - Dani
Chapter 6 - Leah
Chapter 7 - Dani
Chapter 8 - Leah
Chapter 9 - Dani
Chapter 10 - Leah
Chapter 11 - Dani
Chapter 12 - Leah
Chapter 13 - Dani
Chapter 14 - Dani
Chapter 15 - Dani
Chapter 16 - Dani
Chapter 17 - Dani
Chapter 18 - Leah
Chapter 19 - Dani
Chapter 21 - Dani
Chapter 22 - Leah
Chapter 23 - Dani
Chapter 24 - Leah
Chapter 25 - Dani
Chapter 26 - Leah
Chapter 27 - Dani
Chapter 28 - Leah
Chapter 29 - Dani
Chapter 30 - Leah
~ Final / New Book ~

Chapter 20 - Leah

3.1K 118 1
بواسطة quinci23

You Are In Love

"Thanks, Leah. I'll see you out at training later."

I had been in a meeting with Sarina for a little over an hour. I loved Sarina, but god did I hate meetings. We were discussing the upcoming game against Korea we'd be having and how the team bubble was.

I was glad it was over though. I made my way to the lobby where most of the girls were. Alessia and Tooney were giggling about something on Tooney's phone. Millie, Rachel, Chloe, and Jordan were all playing a video game on the PS down here. Some of the girls were chatting in a group, on their phones, even snacking. I sat down next to Georgia and Keira.

"Good meeting?" Keira asked.

"I don't even want to talk about it. I hate those things." I pulled my phone from my pocket. "Are we all just hanging around here until movie night?"

"I think so." My phone lit up. "Ooh, it's your girlfriend." Georgia nudged me.

"You're annoying." I looked down. I'm so bored. I laughed to myself. "Everyone's on international break and she's stuck at home."

"Still not called into the American squad yet?" Keira looked at me.

"No. Not until February."

"Is she coming to the game tomorrow?"

"She talked about it, but no." I looked back to my phone and responded. If it makes you feel better, I wish I were with you. "I'm gonna go call her. I do feel bad she's alone."

"Do you feel bad or are you worried she's drinking?" I sighed. "Leah, I'm just worried about you going back to her. She hurt you."

"She's different now. She is."

"I think Leah's right." Georgia said. "But I see Keira's point. I'd worry too."

"She's fine." I got up. "I'll be back." I walked out of the room and sat in an empty conference room. I facetimed her and waited for her answer, which only took a few seconds. "Hey, Dans."

"Hi you." She smiled. I saw the necklace around her neck.

"What are you up to?"

"Laying around doing nothing with my life. Everything is so boring."

"Well, at least this is the last game before Christmas." I could see a shift in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." She sighed. "Nothing really."

"Christmas?" She shrugged. "What'd you do last year?"

"I spent it alone. In my apartment in Utah."

"Not with Christen or—"

"Christen and Tobin were in Los Angeles. Kelley was in Georgia. So, I just watched movies, drank, and yeah...nothing."

"That's not happening this year."

"Yeah well, Katie will be in Ireland."

"Dani, you're coming with me. Don't be silly."

"I can't. Your family—"

"My family has forgiven you. They've seen you then and they see you now."

"I...I don't know, Le."

"I'll talk to my mum tomorrow, alright? I'll record her saying you're welcome if that means you'll spend Christmas with your girlfriend and the family."

"I love you forever Leah Williamson. You're too good to a broken person."

"You've got to stop with the negative talk. You're not broken. You never have been. You're bent. I'm bent. The entire world is bent. I love you endlessly, Dani."

"How are Georgia and Keira?" She swallowed. "Good?"

"Yeah, they're alright. All of the girls are good." I heard a bunch of shouting. I turned to look down the hall. Rachel was shouting something about Millie cheating. "They're playing some game and arguing about it."

"Sounds about right." Danielle laughed.

Something else was bothering her. I could see right through my girlfriend. I'd always been able to see through Danielle.

"What's going on?"

"Jonas pulled me aside at training. He told me I'm sitting the bench for a few games."

"What? Why?"

"I don't really know. Something about the team's image since my return. I don't know, Leah."

"There are people everywhere that don't like me. Don't like Kimmy or Katie, but they don't sit. I don't understand that."

"I don't either. It's fine though."

"Dans...that isn't fair."

"No, but it is what it is."

"Leah! We've got movie night!" I heard Keira.

"Ignore her—"

"No, no. You go. I'm fine. I'll be cheering you on tomorrow, Le. Hottest one out there."

"I'm your girlfriend." I laughed.

"Okay and? Go have fun. I love you."

"I love you too."

I led England out of the tunnel and got us into our line next to the referee. I'd never been one to wish away a game, but I was wishing away this one so much. I wanted to go home and see my girlfriend.

As much as I hated to admit Keira and Georgia were right, I was worried about Dani. I wasn't worried she would drink though. That was the least of my concern. She hadn't been alone in a while, and yes, she had people at the training, but I understood the loneliness. When your closest friends are away but you're not, and you're left feeling alone, it sucks.

"Captains!" The call from the referee brought me out of my head. I shook hands with the Korean captain and the refs. "Heads," she showed the coin "tails." she flipped it. "Away team's call."

"Tails."

Heads. I smiled to myself.

"Ball first. Defend this half."

"Alright, have a clean game."

And for the most part it was. We kept the game fairly even until Chloe scored near the end of the first half. We'd ripped tons of shots and possessed most of the half. I wasn't necessarily concerned about them coming back to score. Defense had been solid all night.

Alessia scored in the sixtieth and Tooney scored about ten minutes later. We were in the final minutes of the game when we got a corner. I stood inside the box with my hands on my knees until the ball was swung in. I went up and hit the ball into the back of the net with my head. I'm not going to lie. That sort of hurt. But it was totally worth it.

When the match was finally over, I searched for my mum in the crowd. I didn't see her in her usual spot, but then I saw Mum next to someone's familiar face. I ran over to them and jumped the barrier.

I picked her up, "I missed you, Dans."

I could feel the excitement in her body. "I've missed you too. So much." I smiled into neck.

"I didn't think you were going to come." She kept her arms around my neck but looked into my eyes. "You're staring."

"I love your eyes." She slipped out of my arms. I wrapped them around her waist. "And of course, I was coming. I didn't want to tell you. Amanda kept a pretty good secret."

"You bet I did." Mum laughed. "You played great, Bubba." I hugged my mum and kissed her head. "Be proud of yourself."

"I am. I'm proud of the girls mostly."

"So humble." Dani lightly punched my arm.

"I try." I grinned. "I'm going to go finish up with things then I'll meet you in the tunnel. Both of you. We can go out for some dinner. Sound good?"

"Sounds great, Le." Dani kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. "We'll make our way over there, yeah?"

"Go for it. I'll let security know. I'll see you both in a bit."

I headed towards the tunnel and into the changing room. Beth was standing in the tunnel entrance with a large grin on her face.

"That smile looks good on you, Leah." She wrapped an arm around me. "She looks good too."

"She does, doesn't she? I love her."

"I know. I see it on her face too. Go hurry. I'll tell Sarina you family showed."

"Thanks, Beth."

So, I hurried to shower and change. I didn't really have much on me besides my England tracksuit, but I could make it work.

I met up with the two in the tunnel and we found Mum's car in the back lot. I told Dani to sit up in the front with Mum, so I sat in the middle seat in the back. Dani still found a way to hold onto my hand.

When we were seated at the restaurant, we both sat across from Mum and conversation began to flow easily. It was when Dani excused herself to use the restroom, was when my mother spoke her mind.

"She's been good, yeah?"

"Almost ten months sober. We've been together for about two now. We're good. She's good. I'm good."

"She looks good. Happy and carefree. I'm glad she's back but in a...healthier way."

"Hey," I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. "What'd I miss?" Dani sat down and connected our hands.

I watched Mum smile.

"I was telling Leah you look good." I saw a hint of blush creep its way onto my girlfriend's face. "I'm proud of you Danielle. I know we don't like to get stuck in the past and I think it's a good thing, but for what it's worth, I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Amanda. It hasn't been easy, but with the right people," she looked at me. "it's been easier."

~~~~
AN:
 Long overdue, but crazy few days. I've slept so much, but I'm still exhausted 🤣
I have a plan as to where this is going. So, updates may be faster. I'm also stuck in a 13 hour car ride tomorrow, so I'll have a lot of time.
Thank you for being patient. I'm navigating some life things at the moment, all good things, and I'm tired. Also, yay to 17 years of being here on this planet!

New Book Question: Would you like the prologue as an introduction then wait for the chapters until It All Leads Back to You is done? Or just wait for it all until this is done?
It's hard enough to write one book and update, as you can tell, so I'm not going to double up for the sake of my sanity.

You Are In Love - Taylor Swift
They're in love.
p.s., I'm dead to the world.

As always, vote ⭐️
your votes are my birthday present 😉

🫶🏼

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

207K 2.3K 30
Story about Leah Williamson and Y/n (your name) (Y/n is a football player)
38.9K 682 32
Y/n and Leah Williamson get assigned the same room during the euros, will the Captain and her new roomie get along? Y/n is a 22 year old girl from a...
90.5K 1.8K 20
there's a new manager at arsenal. what happens when his spoilt stuck up daughter is forced to spend time with leah williamson
226K 4.5K 50
Lioness captain, Leah Williamson, is finally heading off to Ibiza after coming off a Euros win. She's there with some of her closest friends, who enc...