DC Young Justice: Hero Of Her...

Autorstwa nigeljones1999

Nathan McKnight discovered an alien device since he was 10-years-old. It could turn him into 10 different ali... Więcej

Bio
Love Interest
Theme Song
And Then There Were 10
Chapter 1: Independence Day
Chapter 2: Fireworks
Chapter 3: Welcome To Happy Harbor
Chapter 4: Drop Zone

Chapter 5: Schooled

395 14 8
Autorstwa nigeljones1999

Metropolis; August 3rd; 7:38 EDT

A school bus is traveling on a bridge, filled with children on their way to school, when the concrete begins to crumble and two of the support cables fall into their path. Knowing he can't drive over them, the driver slams on the break. Turning the bus so it hits the divider and comes to a full stop.

A moving truck behind them couldn't stop fast enough, and as they jerked away from the bus, they didn't fully collide but did nick the back of it to nudge them through the divider and closer to the edge. While they and a small car crash into the opposing divider. A red car continues to speed, unaware until they crash into the back corner of the bus. Knocking it through the wall on the outside of the bridge and destroying their engine compartment.

The bus teeters dangerously in its middle, threatening to fall into the river.

From a high room in a Wayne Tech building, Bruce Wayne can see the situation. Moving to his desk, he tips back the head on an Alfred bust. Revealing a red button. He presses to reveal a hidden drawer with his Batman costume. However, he doesn't grab it as he hears a sonic boom go off.

Turning, he finds Superman flying towards the bridge.

He flies past the bus and instead goes under the bridge to support the crumbling portion. Then, he used his heat vision to mend the cracked horizontal support.

Superboy jumps from tower to tower on the bridge with ease, getting himself closer to the accident. Then, he landed on the deck without even denting the concrete.

Though below him, Superman feels the sudden strain on the area he's keeping up.

Superboy, seemingly unaware, runs to get the white car away from the edge where they, too, crash through the wall. Picking up the car on its back bumper with a cry and turning it a full 180° to place it back in the lanes.

All of which Bruce is observing from his Tower with high-power binoculars.

The bus tips further over the edge, causing the kids inside to scream in fear, but he grabs the rear bumper of the bus, his combat boots trying to find purchase and he holds the bus, so it won't fall over the edge. Even manages to pull it back, though his ground teeth and battle cries prove how hard this is for the clone. The bus is suddenly wrenched from his grip and pulled upward. Raising a confused eyebrow, he looks up to find Superman holding the bus from underneath as he flies a good fifteen feet above him.

Drawing his eyebrows together as he glares, Superboy stands and walks towards Superman as he sets down the bus.

Superboy: "I had that."

Superboy defends, gesturing to the bus to prove his point.

Superman: "I didn't want to take the chance. As it is, your landing could've destabilized the entire bridge."

Superboy: "It didn't."

Superman: "But it could have. We don't yet know the limits of your powers."

Superboy pauses before he continues in a far more hesitant tone.

Superboy: "Well, maybe you could, you know, help me figure that out."

Superman looks away before finally replying.

Superman: "Batman's got that covered."

Superboy: "I know, but -"

Superboy tries, just as Superman's communicator beeps. He responds instantly, cutting Superboy off.

Superman: "Superman. Wait, Arrow. Slow down. What's attacking?" he asks, then listens to GA's reply. "No, I'm available. Coordinates? Acknowledged; on my way."

Only then does he turn back to Superboy.

Superman: "Sorry, Super... boy. Duty calls."

Then, Superman takes off without another word. Superboy clenches his fists, looking away for a moment before glaring at the fading speck that is Superman. Superman's communicator beeps twice more. He reaches up and opens the line.

Superman: "Already got the alert, Bruce."

Inside the Wayne Tech building, Bruce is on his phone, watching Superman fly away.

Bruce: "I know, Clark, but we need to talk."

Superman doesn't say anything as he disconnects his communicator and continues flying.
_______________________________________
Intro

_______________________________________

Mount Justice; August 3rd; 13:06 EDT

Kid Flash and Aqualad are playing virtual air hockey, while Nathan, Miss Martian, and Robin are watching. Kid Flash gets one right past Kaldur and into his goal. Kaldur looks stunned for a moment, then glares competitively at Kid Flash, who is eating a banana.

Recognize: Superboy; B-0-4.

Glaring as he appears in the Zeta Tube, he stalks across the room.

Miss Martian: "Hi, Superboy. How was Metropolis?"

Miss Martian tries, as Superboy walks right through their game board. Causing Robin and Nathan to step out, looking at Superboy in a cross between curiosity and a slight glare.

Black Canary clears her throat behind Kid Flash, catching their attention as she and Martian Manhunter step out of the shadows.

Black Canary: Ready for training, everyone?

Miss Martian: "Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!"

Miss Martian goes up and hugs her uncle. Though he doesn't reach out and embrace her back, he does duck his chin to meet the top of her head before she steps back.

Martian Manhunter: "M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see how you were adjusting."

Miss Martian: A few bumps, but I'm learning.

Miss Martian: That's all I can ask.

Black Canary notices Superboy walking away.

Black Canary: Stick around. Class is in session.

Canary walks to the center of the ring, turning the tiles pure white with a blue barrier.

Black Canary: "I consider it an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you, everything I've learned from my mentors."

She continues as she pulls off her jacket, getting it just beyond the tear that was showing off some bandages wrapping around her arm. She grunts through the pain but finishes taking it off.

Black Canary: "And my bruises."

Miss Martian: "What happened?"

Black Canary: "The job. Now, combat is about controlling conflict. Putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner."

Kid Flash: "Right here. Yeah!"

Kid Flash calls out raising his hand, as he finishes his banana.

Kid Flash: "After this...swish." he throws it in the trash. "I'll show you my moves."

Black Canary smiles knowingly as her eyes narrow. She throws a quick jab, which he blocks, but finds his feet being taken out from under him.

Before even he can react. He hits with a thud that causes M'gann to look on worriedly, Aqualad to lean back, Nathan to facepalm himself, and Robin to frown with confusion.

On the floor, it reads in big letters.

Kid Flash

Status:

Fail

Kid Flash: "Oh. Hurts so good."

He manages to still be his joke-making self, even when he's in pain as Black Canary helps him back to his feet.

Black Canary: "Good block. But did anyone see what he did wrong?"

Nathan: "Ooh, ooh. He hit on Teacher and got served?"

Nathan and Robin burst out laughing.

Kid Flash: [Annoyed] Dudes!

Black Canary: "He allowed me to dictate the terms of-"

Superboy: "Oh please."

Canary arches an eyebrow as turns her head to look over her shoulder at the annoyed Superboy.

Superboy: "With my powers, the battle's always on my terms. I'm a living weapon and this is a waste of my time."

Canary now has her injured shoulder facing him as she smiles, a craving for the fight ahead in her eyes.

Black Canary: "Prove it."

Superboy's eyebrows raise, not expecting that answer before he schools his features and walks into the ring. As he stands before Canary, he crosses his arms and Kid Flash quickly walks back towards the other members of the Team.

Both drop into a fighting stance at the same time. Superboy comes in with a cross, that Canary takes a singular step back from. Giving her plenty of time to reach out with both hands, grab his forearm, and throw him across the ring. Where he lands on his butt, then on his back.

Robin points and laughs until Aqualad elbows him in the side. He doesn't stop laughing but covers his mouth with his gloves.

Superboy

Status:

Fail

Superboy remains on the ground for a moment, the words showing above his head on the floor, before he pushes himself back to his knees with a growl. However, that doesn't sway Canary.

Black Canary: "You're angry." she merely states, standing calm. "Good, but don't react. Channel that anger-"

Superboy gets to his feet and charges at her with another punch she jumps up and uses his shoulders to flip over him. Landing closely behind him, but still able to see him out of the corner of her eye. As he turns to hit her with a back fist, she drops taking his feet out from under him.

Once again, the floor reads:

Superboy

Status:

Fail

From the sidelines, M'gann flinches back, Robin muffles his laughs, Aqualad looks worried, Nathan shakes his head in disappointment, and Kid Flash frowns.

By the time he's ready to stand again, Canary already is, offering her hand. Superboy growls, standing without her help.

Superboy: "That's it. I'm done."

Black Canary: "Training is mandatory."

Canary says as he starts to walk away, placing a hand on his shoulder, which he turns towards her as he shakes it off. His rage flowed under his eyes.

Before this can escalate any further the whole room beeps. Opening a HoloScreen. The Dark Knight calls, all rushing to join Superboy and Canary. As they do, Batman continues.

Batman: "Batman to the Cave. A new menace attacked Green Arrow and Black Canary. The attacker was capable of studying, then duplicating the powers and abilities of its opponents."

On a smaller screen, the image of the attacker becomes a video feed, where Superman goes for a massive punch, only for it to get caught and the attacker to then use the Kryptonian to take out Red Tornado, and Flash, before throwing the alien. Then turning to use its newly acquired laser eyes to take out two Batarangs. Batman continues as the video pauses.

Batman: "Arrow called in reinforcements, which nearly proved disastrous as our foe gained more and more power with each new combatant."

Kid Flash: "Whoa."

Kid Flash is the first one to vocalize, though Kaldur looks worried and Superboy clenches his jaw.

Kid Flash: "One guy with the powers of the entire League?"

Batman: "In the end, it took eight Leaguers four hours to defeat and dismantle the android."

Robin: "An android? Who built it, T.O. Morrow?"

Batman: "Good guess, Robin. But Red Tornado doesn't think so."

Martian Manhunter: "The technology bears the signature of Professor Ivo."

Nathan: Isn't Ivo supposed to be, you know, dead?

Black Canary: "So we all thought or hoped."

Batman: "To make certain this threat is permanently neutralized we're sending two trucks carrying the Android's parts to two separate STAR Labs facilities in Boston and New York for immediate evaluation.

Another small screen pops up on the opposite side of where the footage from the fight was. A point between the four noted cities- which are Springfield, Gotham, Boston, and NYC- becomes a red triangle. The two paths go in completely separate directions but begin at the triangle's base which is now a glowing red dot. Their attention comes back to Batman on the main screen.

Batman: "Every precaution is being taken. We'll have four additional trucks to create confusion in case Ivo or anyone tries to recover the remains. You will split into undercover teams to safeguard the two real trucks."

Kid Flash: "Yes! Road trip."

Canary turns to Kid with an angered look while Aqualad, Nathan, and M'gann look at him rather confused. Robin joins and glares behind his mask.

Superboy: "So now we take out your trash?"

Batman: "You had something better to do?"

Batman counters, Superboy looks away just as Aqualad's transmitter goes off.

Aqualad: "Coordinates received. On our way."

Aqualad confirms, that everyone but Superboy running off. As walks away Canary grabs his arm.

Black Canary: "When you're ready, I'll be here."

She tells him honestly. He doesn't respond, merely looking away before continuing to walk off.
_________________________________________

Litchfield County; August 3rd; 20:08 EDT

In a field off the main highway, six trucks are sitting ready, while the part of the dismantled Android is being loaded. Overseeing this are Red Tornado, Atom, Green Arrow, Flash, and Superman.

Turning away and using his enhanced vision he can see the Team waiting on their motorcycles, Aqualad and M'gann on blue, Kid Flash on yellow, and Nathan on green.

And Superboy and Robin are in red. He zeroes in on Superboy, who returns his gaze. He turns away, Superboy looks down before sliding on his helmet as the engines from the truck rev. They rev their cycles and come to the edge of the clearing and they put on their helmets.

"STAR Boston is a go." is put over the comms as three trucks close their back gates.

"STAR Manhattan is a go." Green Arrow nods, then looks to Batman who gives the signal.

The trucks pull out in two opposite directions. Robin, Nathan, and Superboy follow the ones going right, while Kid Flash, Aqualad, and M'gann follow the three going left.

Atom, Red Tornado, and Flash all take off. As Superman goes a black glove is placed on his shoulder.

"I told you, we need to talk," Batman states, that Superman stands straight and looks just over his shoulder at the Dark Knight.
_________________________________________

As two of the trucks make a right-hand exit, and one continues straight, Superboy, Nathan, and Robin only follow the one remaining truck still on the highway.

Nathan zooms in to be in front of Superboy on his right and breaks the silence with Robin's words.

Nathan: "If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster?

Robin: I see, instead of things going wrong, they go right."

Superboy remains silent, ignoring Robin and Nathan.

Nathan: "Uh, clearly you're not feeling the aster. What's wrong?"

Superboy: "Canary. And what business does she have teaching combat skills to a guy with Super-Strength?"

Robin: "Taking down stronger guys is part of the gig. Canary learned that the hard way. Same with Batman and, well, me."

However instead of snapping back or anything he revs his cycle and gets a lot closer to the back of the truck and a good five or six car lengths in front of Robin and Nathan.

With Miss Martian, Aqualad, and Kid Flash

Miss Martian: "Do you think Superboy's okay?"

She asks, driving on the left of Aqualad. Then quickly realizes how that may sound.

Miss Martian: "I- I wasn't reading his mind, I swear but anger flowed off him in waves."

Kid Flash pulls onto her left, a sarcastic chuckle coming through.

Kid Flash: "Surfed that wave. Just give him space. Me? Stick as close as you want."

Her facial features relax and even draw up in slight pity as she realizes that he's flirting with her again.

Aqualad: "Superboy just needs time to cool off. A quiet mission will clear his head."

Aqualad states, turning the focus away from Kid Flash's bad flirting. A cornfield they whiz past shakes, then green, grey, and black robot things fly out and after them. Completely passing them, latching right onto the truck.

Pressing the outside of his helmet, Aqualad opens up a comm channel.

Aqualad: "Robin, Nathan, Superboy, our truck is under attack!"
_________________________________________

Robin: "Kind of figured."

Robin replies, looking to the monkey robots latched onto their truck too.

Superboy: "I hate monkeys."

Superboy says angrily, his eyes zeroing in. The monkeys are not only attacking the portion of the truck with the robots but also the driver's cabin. The truck swerves a little but remains to fair a straight enough drive.

Robin: "Robot monkeys."

Robin says, his excitement showing before he laughs and gets serious.

Robin: "Totally Ivo's tweaked style."

Nathan and Robin press a button on the handles and their bikes go into battle mode.

Nathan: [to Superboy] "Hey, hey. Switch your ride to Battle Mode."

Superboy: "No point."

Superboy says, before jumping off his and onto the truck. Nathan and Robin's eyes widen as Superboy's bike loses balance without a rider.

Robin: "Or not."

Robin then stands on his handlebars and uses his grapple to make the distance between the two just as the two bikes collide. Once he's securely on the back gate of the truck Nathan kicks off one of the monkeys and fires his lasers at them.

On the roof of the car, Superboy takes off his helmet and uses it to destroy two monkeys in rapid succession as they try to jump him. A monkey before him jumps, only to get its arms ripped off, but three monkeys jump on his turned back.

Robin kicks another off the door and uses a Batarang to destroy the head of one of the ones that are using laser eyes to cut through the armored door. Throwing it to the side and off the road to ensure that it's destroyed. Even taking out one of the ones that are flying after them.

Using the open space, the drone fills it immediately and starts firing lasers. Destroying one right before it would've reached Robin. Only to be taken out by two monkeys.

On the roof, Superboy knocks the three monkeys off his back, his fist crushing the body of the one he ripped the arms off of. Punching another that jumps at him from the front to his back two more rise to his level. Distracted by the sound the head of the one he's crushing turns and shoots lasers at his eyes.

Due to his enhanced sight, it burns intensely, allowing four monkeys to pick him up without a fight, and then drop him to the ground. His eyes are still closed, and he wavers as he gets back to his feet. Opening his eyes proves useless since he can't see a thing. Closing them and calming he uses his hearing to listen to where the monkeys are in location to himself.

Then jumping right for it.
________________________________________

Aqualad pulls on the handle of his bike, which is his water-bearer to form a whip and take out two of the monkeys that couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Instead, the monkeys drop back and go for Miss Martian and Kid Flash's motorcycles. Using her telekinesis, she finds and opens, and flies to the truck. While Kid Flash fights for control a minute longer before he jumps off his motorcycle and begins to run to catch up with the truck.

The driver's managing to keep them in their lane but is freaking out. "S-somebody help!" he cries.

While on the roof of the truck, two of them use their laser eyes to create a way into the truck. Cutting far enough that they can slip inside, they stop, and one grabs the now curling edge pulling it back to reveal two armed guards. They release a barrage of bullets at the mass of robots, only managing to hit one of them. Five remain on the roof, but as Miss Martian flies over them, she uses her telekinesis to knock them all off.

Kid Flash runs up beside the truck, taking out the four monkeys with a kick off the side of the truck, using the closest as a step, ripping the second one off, and stepping on the third to knock it off as he makes his way to the cabin.

The three that remain on the back gate are taken out as Aqualad uses both his water-bearers as whips while remaining on his motorcycle.

One monkey dives right for the driver's window, hard enough to crack it as the rest continue to obscure his sight. Miss Martian, covered in six or seven monkeys flies in front of the truck, growing an arm from her head, her lower right side to rid herself of the monkeys that cover her. A monkey flies in low on her right side and she grows another arm to destroy it while taking out the final monkey she grows a third arm on her left side to punch it. Flying right at the monkeys who are obscuring the driver's line of sight, she- with now four extra arms, one of which is growing out of the right side of her head- scares him more than the monkeys.

However, noticing something on the roof back gates she flies up and gets out of his way.

On the other side of the truck, there are two monkeys, one that Kid Flash steps on to get to the higher of the two, grabbing its tail to get himself on top of the truck. Where a six-armed Miss Martian lands. Startled, he falls to his butt and clambers back. Freaked out by his freak out Miss Martian loses her extra arms and falls into a stiff fighting stance in shock.

Before any communication can be done a horde of monkeys fly out of the hole separating the two of them. Assaulting them in sheer number. While another group creates a massive hole in the back gate, the Android pieces in hand. Too high too quickly that Aqualad can only screech to a stop and watch which direction they fly off in.
_________________________________________

Removing the final monkey from the back gate of his truck with a Batarang gives Nathan and Robin time to climb up to the roof, just as a monkey pulls one of the guards out of the hole in the roof. Nathan activated his Omnitrix, spun it around, and slammed his down on a random alien.

As the green light dims down, the robot monkeys see their opponent.

Upchuck: Let's eat!

Upchuck opens his mouth and then out of it three green tongues head towards the robot monkeys. Upchuck's multiple tongues wrapped around one of them pulled it towards him and ate it. Upchuck then starts to have a green light inside his stomach.

A green energy ball heads toward the robot monkeys causing a mini explosion and destroying two of them.

Robin lands on the balls of his feet, low to the roof, before standing as he brandishes two Escrima sticks. Smirking before he charges at the monkeys, using both to swipe one to his left, then back across his body to knock away the second one charging at him. Diving into a front handspring he crosses the hole in the roof. Only to find another drove of them come up from the back of the truck.

Some robot monkeys in the air shot lasers Robin and Upchuck came in the way and ate them before shooting an energy blast back and destroying the robot monkeys.

Though, they don't make it to Robin and Upchuck as Superboy lands right in the center of them. Knocking all the monkeys off the truck and Robin off his feet. Four latch onto Superboy, and he blindly rips them off.

While two more head to the back wheels on the side of the truck, using their laser vision to destroy the tires and make the whole truck swerve. Robin manages to keep his balance and he leans in front of the driver's window.

Robin: "Get out!"

The man gets the door open and before he can even think Robin has grabbed his shoulders and throws both of them into a cornfield and Upchuck jumps off with them.

With no driver and two busted wheels on one side, the truck tips and skids then rolls, over and over, destroying many of the monkeys on the outside.

Once the truck has stopped, now upside down the back gate blows out a group of five monkeys flying off with the android parts. Leaving a guard to stumble out of the smoking truck coughing.

Robin and Upchuck support the driver as they come back to the side of the road. Setting him down as they watched the monkeys fly off.

Behind him, Superboy pushes the whole truck up and off of him. Breathing heavily, he wipes his eyes and opens them slowly, finding his vision is returning. Seeing where the monkeys are flying, he jumps with a grunt to catch up to them.

Robin: "Superboy!"

Robin calls in a vain attempt to get him to stop. In his comm Aqualad patches through.

Aqualad: [on comms] "Aqualad to Robin. We've lost our cargo. Did you-"

Upchuck: "It's gone. And so is our partner."

Still crossing massive amounts of distance in single bounds Superboy is gaining on the monkeys.

Aqualad: [on comms] "Aqualad to Superboy. Radio your position. We'll help you."

Superboy: "I don't need any help, don't want any!"

He yells as he pulls his comm from his ear and on his next drop to the ground drops it.

Aqualad: [on comms] "Superboy?"

Aqualad asks, but there is no one on the other end now. Miss Martian, Aqualad, and Kid Flash stand behind their own crashed truck. The only one with his motorcycle still intact is Aqualad.

Robin: [on comms] "I think he ditched his comm."

Kid Flash: "Super.[sarcastically]Now we can't even track him."

Miss Martian has her hands on her head but gets nothing.

Miss Martian: "He's out of my telepathic range. This Professor Ivo if he is alive, seems to be two steps ahead of us." then her confidence fades. "M-maybe w-we should contact Red Tornado?"

Aqualad: "Tornado always tells us to handle things ourselves." Aqualad counters. "And the mission can still succeed if we recover the parts before they're reassembled."

Kid Flash: "Well, that's a great plan, except for the part about us not knowing where to LOOK!" he explodes with anger.

Robin: [on comms] "Maybe we do."

He crouches over one of the destroyed monkeys left where he is, pulling a cable out of his HoloGlove and connecting it to the monkey.

Robin: "We'd have heard by now if the decoy trucks had been attacked."

He says as he continues to punch out commands on his glove. Decoding the monkey's software.

Robin: "So how did these monkeys know exactly which trucks to target?"

He smirks as the screen emerges from his HoloGlove.

Robin: "He exclaims. "The parts have GPS."

Then a map shows up on his screen.

Robin: "The monkeys can track the signal, which means I can track with the one I captured. Looks like both sets of parts are converging on..."

He starts placing the map of the state, trying to determine where they're heading.

Robin: "Gotham City."

He realizes, his voice heavy with emotion.

Nathan: [returns to normal] That can't be good.

Aqualad: "That far south?" Aqualad questions, shocked. "M'gann and I won't get there anytime soon. I'm sending Kid on ahead to meet you. Aqualad out."

Kid Flash smiles his mischievous smile and drops his goggles over his eyes. Then he is gone without another word.

Standing up, Robin puts the monkey on his shoulder, and then he and Nathan use their gloves to remotely activate their motorcycles.

Robin: "Definitely a disaster. Heavy on the 'dis.'"
__________________________________________

Metropolis; August 3rd; 21:18 EDT

Bibbo's Diner

"Apple pie." Clark Kent says to the waiter, as a fellow raven sits across from him, his face obscured as he holds the menu high to his face.

"The Devil's Food." Bruce Wayne orders, handing the menu back with a smile.

"Something tells me this isn't about desert." Clark decides, his tone hesitant.

"The boy needs you," Bruce tells the bespeckled man before him.

"No." Clark snaps back instantly. "He needs you. He needs Red." though his tone shakes slightly, and he decides to look out the window rather than at Bruce. "I'm just a constant reminder of what he's not."

"Sorry, Clark, but you're dead wrong." that catches the author's attention. "Look, I know he troubles you, but he's here." he stumbles slightly, but returns strongly for the next sentence, hoping to solidify his reasoning. "You have to get over the how and why." Clark glares out the window. "Trust me on this. This boy needs his father." his eyes narrow, daring Clark to deny what he's saying.

Clark dares. "I'm not his father!" he shouts, standing up, fear and confusion covering any anger there might be in those words. He turns to the cook, placing his fedora on his head. "I'll take that apple pie to go." he walks to the register and pays, leaving Bruce to skulk in solitude.
_________________________________________

Gotham City; August 3rd; 21:21 EDT

The monkeys with the parts fly towards a moving train, the car's side doors open. By more monkeys to allow them to fly in, the second group right behind them. Then the doors slide shut.

Superboy bounds amazing distances, landing in the same car the monkeys went in. Tightening his hand, he jabs it into the roof, creating a tear that easily rips wider with his super-strength. Superboy sees no immediate danger and jumps in.

Behind him, just outside the shadows are the now-open boxes of the Amazo parts.

He hears the monkeys chatter before him. Looking up, shrouded in the green glow of his monkeys is an aging ginger man with a white button-down, black slacks, and a black vest typing away on his computer.

Taking his time, and entirely calm, the man looks up. "Oh, hello." he greets.

Superboy: "You? You're Ivo?" Superboy scoffs. "I'm whelmed."

"You're one to talk." Ivo counters, turning away from his computer, resting his elbow on his fist, and placing his hand on his chin. "Since when does the big blue boy scout have a brat?"

Superboy: "He doesn't."

Superboy snaps, narrowing his eyes.

"Eh, well, if you say so." Ivo brushes off shrugging. "Have you met my Mobile Optimal Neural Quotient Infiltrators?" he gestures to the dozen-plus monkey MONQIs around him. To which they take off and launch themselves at Superboy.

He responds with a cross, taking out one, into a back fist, taking out a second then finding one right where the other just was jabs to destroy it. On his right, he turns with a back first to destroy another, managing a 180° rotation.

Finishing the rotation and destroying the final MONQI with another back fist. Knocking the head right back at Ivo.

"Ah. And after all the trouble I went through finding an acronym for MONQI." Ivo grumbles as Superboy continues to destroy the small robots. Turning back to his computer.

Grabbing two Superboy smashes them together in front of him, completely obliterating them. Though he's panting.

Something moves in the background. "Access: Captain Atom." Superboy's eyes widen just before he's hit in the chest with a yellow ray. Which knocks him completely off his feet and into the crates behind him.

Just after hitting the ground, he looks up, to see Ivo standing before him. "Since Professor Ivo's magnificent MONQIs don't float your boat" a pair of red eyes begin to shine from the shadows. "maybe my amazing Amazo will better suit you or better slay you." Ivo finishes darkly as the massive android stands tall. Just like from the clip Batman showed them during the debrief.

The train comes around tight corners to stay close to the mountains.

Superboy wipes the back of his hand over his mouth, standing with his hands clenched.

Superboy: "Give me your best shot."

The MONQIs laugh behind Ivo.

"Please, my Android has the strength of Superman," Ivo states simply. Superboy's eyes widen slightly. "What chance do you have?"

Superboy's response is to charge at Amazo with a battle cry and a punch, which is blocked easily by the android, hitting just as his hand is still an open palm rather than in a fist.

Undeterred Superboy continues to unleash a flurry of punches until he finally lands one on the android's face. The neck follows the movement that would've broken it on a human, reverting in a moment. As Superboy goes for another punch Amazo catches it with his bare hand.

"Oh, sorry. Did that strike a nerve?" Ivo questions, calmly. "Amazo, strike a few more," he commands.

Amazo does, nailing an uppercut under Superboy's to knock him into the inside of the roof, and then he falls into one of the boxes they were defending, shattering it on impact. Amazo watches him intently as he stands back up, slowly. Then falling into a relaxed fighting stance.

"Access: Black Canary." Amazo dictates, his jaw unhinging to drop wide open before releasing a Canary Cry.

The Cry not only causes him immense pain but also physically knocks him into the far wall of the train car, and then to the ground. Superboy stumbles back to his feet anyway.

"Access: Flash." Amazo dictates, running at Superboy with speeds even he can't match, but that doesn't mean he can't see them.

His eyes widen mere moments before the hook punch hits him in the face. Landing, and giving Amazo the opening to unleash a high-speed flurry of punches that when finished leaves Superboy falling back.

Landing with a crash Ivo's mockery comes through. "Oh. No wonder Daddy keeps you hidden away." Superboy turns his head to Ivo instantly, though not have the strength to stand- yet. "You're not doing justice to the old S shield, are you?" finishing off with a wheezy laugh.

That was all Superboy needed, that one more push to get him back on his feet. Coming with a cross to Amazo's face with a cry.

Just before it reaches Amazon dictates. "Martian Manhunter." turning intangible and letting the punch go right through him. As the force pulls him through, Amazo does a jab to the lower ribs.

Superboy turns back, confused. Just in time for Amazo to land a solid cross that knocks him through the back wall of the train, into the mountainside and the blade of the bulldozer, then to the flatbed car's surface.

Amazo front handsprings right before him. Depicting "Access: Superman." grabbing Superboy's shoulders and holding him over the edge of not only the train but the mountain as well. Holding him with one arm he punches him back, over the fields and into the high stories of a building on the edge of the city, a school judging by the number of desks he crashed through.

Amazo and Ivo can see the smoke, the android turning to its creator. Ivo shrugs. "Finish him. Priority Alpha."

Taking the command Amazo jumps off the train car and towards where he sees the smoke.
_________________________________________

Nathan and Robin changed into their suits and rode to Gotham City tracking the parts. They hear Kid Flash before he sees them, he too is now sporting the brightly colored spandex.

Robin: "So, you changed too?"

He teases, though he has no room to talk since he went as far as to put his mask on under his helmet.

Kid Flash: "You kidding?"

Kid Flash questions back then makes a noise of disgust that would be accompanied by a shiver if he wasn't running at super speeds.

Kid Flash: "I feel naked in civvies. You still tracking the parts?" he changes the topic of conversation.

Robin: "They were heading through Gotham, but they veered."

Robin informs, looking down at the virtual map on his motorcycle. A red cone represents the target: Subject Amazo. The location finally appears in the bottom right-hand corner.

Gotham Academy

Distance to Target: 26.5 mi.

Robin: "Wait! Dudes, they're at my school!"
_______________________________________

Superboy gets hit and thrown back into the trophy display case, destroying the glass and a few of the pictures and trophies inside. Falling to the floor, now cut up and blood beading from the glass Amazo stands over him. Then grabs him by the shirt, whirling his upper body independently to throw Superboy down the hall and into some lockers.

One of which pops open to reveal a fangirl picture of Superman. Anger overcomes Superboy as he punches the locker door.

Going in for another hook, Amazo blocks with ease and counters with an uppercut to the face. Sending him through the concrete walls of a science lab. Then into the far wall and to the ground. Amazo flies right behind him to stand over him as he hits then doesn't get up for a moment.

Forcing his hand under his left shoulder Superboy looks to Amazo.

Superboy: "That..." he pants heavily "All you got?" he finishes angrily taunting the robot.

"Access: Captain Atom." Amazo dictates, holding out one hand that begins to glow bright yellow. Putting Superboy through the floor, then high up through the wall of the gymnasium. He crashes just shy of midcourt, bouncing over midcourt and skidding to stop in the lane. Not too far from the hoop.

A singular clap catches his attention. On the bleachers, Amazo is clapping slowly, backed by two MONQIs. "I don't usually attend these things in person" one of the MONQIs chuckles and so does he. "but this was too good to miss."

On the court, Amazo dictates "Access: Superman."

Superboy sighs, stopping on his knees but gets to his feet. Charging at Amazo with a hook punch that lands on the robot's face. Though Amazo retaliates with a back first to Superboy's face. Now that he's off-balance the android sticks close, hitting him again in the chest, which causes Superboy to collapse in on himself by pure reflex. Taking the opportunity, Amazo strikes his stomach with his knee, hard enough to force Superboy into a small rotation.

The superpowered teen can do nothing but barely stay on his feet and be Amazo's punching bag. Amazo catches the bottom of Superboy's chin with the back of his hand, completing the rotation and causing him to stagger back more. Now that he's facing the robot again, he gets a high front kick that snaps his head back, leaving him open for another back fist to the face. Hitting him hard enough that Superboy to fall to the ground.

Standing over Superboy, Amazo brings up both fists, ready for the killing blow. When Kid Flash zooms in grabbing Superboy before the strike can land. Announcing it to Superboy with a "Yoink." before grabbing him, just in case the fight rattled his brains.

The two skid to a stop beside Robin and Nathan, all four now by the gym doors and just right of the bleachers opposite Ivo.

Robin launches a disk at Amazo. "Martian Manhunter." the android dictates, just before the disk would have hit, now passing through his intangible body. Blowing up behind the android harmlessly. "Access: Red Tornado." a red tornado forms under its feet, moving towards the four teenage boys.

As they're hit, Kid Flash is thrown back into the nearby wall, while Nathan, Robin, and Superboy rush in the opposite direction. Robin and Kid Flash give out a cry of surprise as they're snatched by the wind currents.

Superboy hits the bleachers, while Robin and Nathan hit the outside edge of the court and then skid to the be in front of the bottom bleacher.

Kid Flash hit the wall with a thud, knocking the air out of him, and then the floor a good four or five feet below him with another painful thud. Struggling to get to one knee, he looks up to find Amazo before him.

"Access: Captain Atom." the android dictates, nearly zapping Kid, who's now fully alert once more and running under the bleachers to avoid being hit. Though the explosion from it hitting the wall does knock him off balance, before uses his speed to run to the other side of the bleachers and back around the front.

Amazo turns. "Access: Black Canary," it states, aiming the pulsating wave of sound to the ground just before Kid Flash, which he can't avoid and runs into. He was thrown back and his ears rang from the pitch. Rolling twice, then skidding under the backboard of the opposite hoop. His hands fall away from his ears as he skids on his stomach.

Nathan: Come on Four-Arms!

Nathan activated the Omnitrix and slammed the core and then...

Nathan: Aaaaaaahhh! [Opens his eyes and realizes that he didn't transform] Um. Uh-oh.

Amazo used Captain Atom's power to shoot at Nathan and he quickly dodged out of the way and began to run away as Amazo chased him. Superboy comes at Amazo to get it to stop chasing Nathan.

"Superman." Amazo dictates.

Just as Superboy's punch comes within range he catches it once again with an open hand. Nailing a hard cross at Superboy's face to send him back into the bleachers just Robin gets to his feet.

Robin: Nate, what's going on?!

Nathan: [trying to figure out the Omnitrix] I don't know! Come on you stupid watch! You were fully charged!

"Martian Manhunter," Amazo says, elongating his arm and destroying the two disks Robin just now decided to throw at him. He dodges right just in time.

Attempting to catch him off-guard Kid Flash runs at Amazo, who turns and uses his large hands to easily grasp Kid Flash's upper arms. "Superman," Amazo says, grabbing the ginger in a bone-crushing hug.

A bowstring snaps, catching Aamzo's attention, even with Kid Flash's cry of pain.

"Martian Manhunter." Amazo dictates, turning intangible through the arrow, but dropping Kid in the process.

The green-fletched arrow stuck itself clean in the ground just right of Robin's right foot. His eyes widen as he takes in the color of the arrow. Kid Flash runs away before he gets caught again.

Nathan: Come on, just work stupid watch! Anyone is fine! Diamondhead, Ripjaws, Ghostfreak! Heck, I'll take Grey Matter!

Amazo starts approaching Nathan once again. But suddenly, the Omnitrix cocks up and Nathan without checking what alien he would turn into, slammed down the faceplate and...

???: Whoa! Who's this new guy? A bad timing, you stupid watch!

Amazo uses Superman's power to backhand the alien into a wall. The alien tries to catch the hand but fails.

???: Ow, guess I can scratch super strength off the list.

Amazo uses Captain Atom's powers to shoot at the alien. The defenseless alien closes his eyes and puts his hands forward bracing himself. When the shot is fired the energy is absorbed into plugs on his head.

???: What? Did I just absorb that attack?

Amazo attacks again and the alien dodges out of the way and gets an idea. The alien thrusts his arms in front of him and aims his fingers at Amazo. Suddenly, a blue blast of energy blasts out from the alien's fingers, knocking Amazo into a wall.

???: That's what I'm talking about!

But his celebration ended early when Amazo was coming towards him once again.

Feedback: Oh you want some more of this action? Then I'll give it to you! Some Feedback Action!

Kid Flash: And that's a perfect alien name.

Feedback sent another blast at Amazo but the robot just phased through it. Amazo used Black Canary's cry to send Feedback into a wall.

From behind Superboy charges out of the broken section of the bleacher.

"Access: Black Canary." Amazo dictates, using the same move she used when training with Superboy earlier that day. Throwing him across the room. Superboy crashing high into the opposite bleachers.

A red Batarang-like shape whizzes past Amazo's head. The source is Robin. "Superman," Amazo says, his eyes glowing red. Just before the lasers would've hit Kid Flash pulls Robin out of the way. Kid Flash hits his back first, then again on his side before they come to a stop.

Ivo: Amazo, get Nate 10.

Amazo beeped and used Flash's speed to run over to where Feedback was and grabbed him.

Ivo: The Omnitrix, I want it.

Feedback: You and everyone else dude, take a number.

Feedback plugged his antennae into Amazo and drained the android before throwing it off. When Amazo landed something happened. Amazo shot a blue blast similar to Feedback's.

Feedback: Nope!

Feedback used the antennae on his head to absorb the blast. Feedback shot the blast back only for Amazo to absorb it as well.

Feedback: Aww man...

Breathing heavily Superboy makes his way out of the rubble. Looking first to Ivo, then Amazo who is looking to a still downed Robin and Kid Flash. Feedback and the android were at a stalemate from absorbing and redirecting. Clenching his eyes shut and then sighing he opens his eyes.

Superboy: "Access: Black Canary."

He dictates, quiet enough for one can hear.

Ivo yawns dramatically, which is what prevents him from hearing Superboy. "Oh, yawn." he drawls, feeling the need to enunciate that, then continue still sounding bored. "Normally Amazo would study and mimic your abilities during battle, but what's the point? Nate 10's transformation will simply run out and then he'll transform again giving Amazo another one of his alien powers," waving his hand before looking at his fingernail beds. "You're all such poor copies of the originals."

The monkeys laugh, Superboy's mouth opens for a moment, then closes as he smiles.

Superboy: "So everyone keeps saying."

Superboy states, his anger coming back onto his face and flowing through his words.

Superboy: "It makes me angry!"

He yells, jumping over Amazo and aiming his double downward fists at Ivo.

The professor manages a squeak before getting out of the way, just before Superboy would've hit his face. Though the power of the hit knocks him off balance and with a wimpy yelp falls down a row of bleachers.

Superboy's attention is dead-set on the villainous creator of Amazo.

Superboy: "Want to see me channel that anger?" he shouts, stirring Robin and Kid Flash.

Kid Flash: "Great. He's gone ballistic again."

Robin: "Maybe not."

Robin gets Kid Flash to turn to him with confusion as he smirks.

"Amazo, protect your master. Priority Alpha." Ivo commands, diving further down the bleachers to avoid getting crushed by Superboy.

Amazo stopped fighting Feedback.

"Captain Atom." Amazo dictates, pointing a hand in Superboy's direction. Feedback got in the way and absorbed the energy.

Robin: "Anyone wants to play keep-away?"

Robin questions, before kicking Ivo in the back and sending him pitching forward since his feet weren't on the ground.

Amazo's attention turns to Robin.

Kid Flash: "Oh, oh, me, me!"

Kid Flash yells, running on the other side of Amazo and catching its attention.

"Access: Superman." the android says just as Kid Flash gets in front of him. Lifting his left foot and stomping it to catch underneath Kid Flash's last step towards Ivo. Sending the speedster up and high into the bleachers, upside down.

Robin stands from a crouch, throwing a disk at Amazo's head.

Reacting Amazo dictates. "Martian Manhunter." turning intangible, just as he does Feedback jumps in the air and aims his fingers at the android. "Superman."

Feedback shot a large energy blast at the now solid android who couldn't switch powers in time.

The blast blew off Amazo's head making the android's body collapse to the ground. Robin runs up to the body. Feedback fell on his butt and timed out returning to normal.

Robin: "Help me disassemble him now!"

Kid Flash: "Dude, the guy has no head."

Nathan: Kid's right. Even giant death machines can't do anything without a head.

Aqualad: "Don't take any chances."

Aqualad decides as he and Miss Martian enter. Both headed in their direction quickly.

M'gann lands beside Superboy to steady him if necessary.

Miss Martian: "Superboy, are you alright?"

Superboy: [smiles]. "Fine," he assures, then looks to Nathan and Robin. "Feeling the aster."

Nathan and Robin smile right back.

Kid Flash: "Hey." Kid Flash says, gaining their attention. "Where's Ivo?"

Around them, the gym is still smoking in some places from the battle, but Ivo is nowhere to be seen.
_________________________________________

Mount Justice; August 4th; 1:06 EDT

The Team stands before Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Batman, and Green Arrow, recounting the status of the mission.

Aqualad: "The Amazo android is again safely being analyzed at the two separate STAR Labs but Ivo escaped, and since he originated the tech, he's arguably more dangerous than the Android."

Black Canary: "Capturing the professor will be a League priority."

Martian Manhunter: "But we understand that your mission encountered other complications."

Martian Manhunter states, crossing his arms. Aqualad, Robin, Nathan, and Kid Flash glare at Superboy, who has the decency to look away. Batman decides to step up.

Batman: "Complications come with the job. Your ability to handle them has impressed the League."

Superboy: "The whole League?"

Batman: "Given time, yes."

Batman assures instantly.

Batman: "Kryptonians, as you know, have very hard heads."

Superboy can't stop the small smile.

Batman: "Of course, there's no shame in asking for help. That's why the League exists. Because there's some problems even we can't handle individually."

Robin: "Please. If we needed help, we'd never get the chance to ask."

Nathan crosses his arms and Kid Flash closes his eyes, knowing exactly what he means. Robin pulls out the arrow.

Robin: "Look familiar?"

He lets Batman take it from him.

Robin: "You were following us." he accuses "Babysitting! You still don't trust us!"

Ignoring Robin's accusations, Batman passes the arrow to Green Arrow.

Batman: "We didn't follow you."

Green Arrow pulls an arrow out of his quiver, holding them side by side. The tip and shaft are noticeably different than the one Robin handed over.

Robin: "And that's not your arrow..." Looking between the two again and smiling. "But that means-"

Kid Flash and Nathan, smiling brightly, cut off the Boy Wonder.

Kid Flash and Nathan: "Speedy!"

Aqualad: "He has our backs."

Aqualad agrees. Kid Flash runs and takes the arrow from Green Arrow.

Kid Flash: "Souvenir!"

Batman and Green Arrow share a look but don't comment.

Superboy clears his throat and steps up to Black Canary. Catching her slightly off-guard as she turns to him curiously.

Superboy: "I'm ready."

Black Canary: "Good. Because I'm here."

Black Canary assures, placing her hand on her hip as she looks him in the eye.

The End/Outro

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

39.5K 684 24
Ben Tennyson was once a Quirkless boy who had a dream to become a hero, but was denied by an unfortunate genetic trait. Although in his last year of...
26.7K 439 16
Y/N Tennyson was the son of Ben 10,000 and once he got his own omnitrix he gets to make his own legacy with it and to follow his father's footsteps i...
631 2 7
One day a quirk less boy named y/n gone camping with his grandpa max and obnoxious cousin Gwen. During the trip y/n stumbled upon a crashed site wher...
52.3K 1K 13
Ben Tennyson is sent into another dimension and gets trapped there, but he meets some hero's in the Arrowverse. This will take place around season 4...