Lazy Literature (DDLC)

Av LazerBazer

Discover the life of Lazy, a young adult in the middle of college, about to graduate. He's a simple man, spen... Mer

1. Chapter: Already late?
2. Chapter: Awkward acquaintance
3. Chapter: I hate Mondays
4. Chapter: Welcome to the Literature Club
5. Chapter: I spy with my little eye ...
6. Chapter: Poem Panic
7. Chapter: So, who's it going to be?
8. Chapter: Room tour Rendevouz
9. Chapter: Sonnet Slumber
10. Chapter: Closet Concession
11. Chapter: A date with Monika
13. Chapter: Home sweet home
14. Chapter: Provisional procedure
15. Chapter: Distanced dissociation

12. Chapter: Walk in the park

14 1 0
Av LazerBazer

Hey! It's me again. Hope you enjoyed the eleventh chapter! I personally took a small break from writing and by the time you're seeing this, we're probably already in 2024. But just understand that the holidays and school as well consume literal weeks of time. That's why this one took so long to write. Sorry :(((((((

Note: English is not my mother tongue so excuse me if I make any sort of grammar mistake and notify me so I can look into it. I won't keep you waiting any longer though, have fun with the twelfth chapter!

___________

M: "Lazy! What are you doing?! If you're sick, why would you run like that!!".

L: "I am so so sorry Monika. I had to! I- no, We were endangered!".

M: "What?! What are you even talking about?? It was so nice and warm there, now we're in the middle of the city park and it's cold!".

L: "Look. I know it sounds bad, but please believe me. We wouldn't have wanted to stay there. Didn't you see the two people walking up to us?".

M: "No? Can you explain?".

L: "Uhm, not really. But promise me to not question my decisions, ok? I don't want anything to happen to you because of me, so just trust me.".

M: *visible confusion*

L: "It'll all make sense some day. But for now, I feel like it's better we keep going. It's goddam cold outside! You wanna go to a restaurant of some sort?".

M: "Uhm, I guess I wouldn't mind going someplace else. But what about these cups?"

Both of us are still holding a cup full of warm coffee or chocolate in my case. The steam is erupting from its surface. The park is empty except for a few people taking their dog for a walk or the occasional grandma carrying a basket of bread home. The sky is completely covered by a thick layer of clouds, the wind shakes the leaves of the nearby trees, causing even the last remaining brown shriveled up ones to descend to the ground. The sun is slowly setting, the street lights are turning on one by one. Monika is standing in front of me, staring in to my eyes, waiting for a response. I can't help it.

L: "You're right. Honestly, I feel guilty for tearing you away from Daniele's. It was so nice and cozy there. I can understand if you'd rather go home now. My behavior deserves no more than to be punished equivalently. Know that, even though it doesn't really matter now, I'm truly sorry. Oh, and you can keep the cup. I'll pay Lilly for it."

Monika doesn't move a muscle. She keeps staring into me with her sharp emerald eyes. I can't see her expression change behind her scarf, so I probably assumed correctly. But it gets even more clear once she turns around and starts wandering off. So I do the same.

But I don't get very far, as two arms suddenly wrap around my stomach from behind me.

M: "You're such a dummie you know?".

Upon turning around, I see Monika once again in front of me, and a broken coffee mug behind her.

M: "You really thought I would leave just because of a stupid cup of coffee? I don't quite understand your reasoning, but if you get the impression that someplace isn't safe, I don't want to hold you back."

Even though I can't see it, Monika's smile shines through her eyes.

L: "Will you go with me then?".

She nods.

L: "Then how about we go to a sweet restaurant here somewhere. Is that fine?".

She nods.

___________

As we traverse through the park along the lake and across the small wooden bridge connecting both sides with one another, the sun had already almost fully disappeared. Our path was illuminated by the sparsely placed street lamps lingering over our heads. Hundreds upon thousands of tiny mosquitoes could be seen swirling around each and every one of them. Their shadows could even be seen flickering on the ground below them. There was truly nothing that could disturb the wholesomeness that had spread across the bond between me and Monika. I shared the cup of hot chocolate with her, even though it wasn't very hot anymore, and we had a lovely stroll around the many stores, pharmacies, bakeries, barbers and so on. Until this very moment.

Something tugs at my arm.

M: "Hey Lazy? I know I said yes when talking about the whole restaurant thing but I just remembered my parents probably waiting for me at home. I haven't told them about this because they were at work, but now that it's this late, they've probably returned and are starting to worry.".

L: "Well, in that case, I can't hold you back ey?".

M: "I had a wonderful time with you today and would like to experience it again some time soon.".

L: "I can only agree. It was a lovely time with you. But I suppose that it has to end right here.".

M: "I'm so sorry Lazy. I'll make it up to you someday, I promise.".

L: "Sure. See you tomorrow then.".

M: "Yup. Until tomorrow.".

___________

She then waves me goodbye one more time before turning around and leaving. I'm left at the local shoe salesman with an empty mug in my hand, freezing, not from outside, but from within. The mug has cooled off and the warmth that remains is only a remnant of what it used to be. I feel bewildered and insecure, my body is paralyzed. I am unable to move or think for what feels like a dozen minutes or more.

I feel betrayed.

As it slowly got darker by every second back then, it also got a whole lot colder all of a sudden. It can't go on like this.

After my legs had returned from being cramped, I took the opportunity and started to walk. Just walk in the approximate direction of where I believe my home to be.

It had crushed me mentally. I understand her reasoning to leave and respect it with all my heart, but my satisfaction is being neglected. I didn't want things to turn out this way and yet they did. I wanted to spend my evening with her together, and yet I failed. How?

I reach the corner of the block. It leads to a four way intersection, with the exit to my right aligning with the path I want to take to get back. Around the corner, the moon shines bright and beautiful at the end of the road, carving a hole through the cloud-crowded sky. It illuminates the streets and roofs of several buildings ahead, making the barely functioning street lights seem pathetic in comparison. By now, most of the city has already started heading into a sluggish slumber, with most people preparing their beds for a well deserved rest. I however still wander around the streets and stores, feeling trapped in a labyrinth of some sort. Though filled with freezing blood, my veins pump twice as fast. It's the sudden rushes of adrenaline that sustain my energy. I'm completely dried out as my lips are stuck together. With an incredible pain in my backside, I almost black out and come to a halt. A bike had hit me. I didn't notice it at first. Only the sudden push forward and then quickly downwards was the revealing clue. The biker himself swivelled a few more meters before crashing into a trash can.

L: "Aahh.".

I moan quietly in pain.

With what feels like the last bit of energy I have left, I stem myself up from the ground. I hadn't realized how serious the situation was up until now.

?: "Ah shit! I'm sorry!".

A familiar voice spoke within the trash pile. Meanwhile I'm still on my knees unable to move. The guy stood up, looked around the place, and then spotted me.

?: "Dude I'm sorry, you okay?".

While making eye contact with him, I start to recognize his face.

___________

Hey! It's me again. Hope you enjoyed the twelfth chapter! I for one didn't enjoy writing this one as much since about halfway through, I had to write it twice. For some reason the second half did not save, so I had to do it all again. I even confidently published it on that same day, thinking it would be complete. But it wasn't! It took me 3 days to even notice! Now, to the chapter itself, I had this one planned entirely different than what it turned out to be, and tbh I kind of don't really actually know for sure what the next one will be about soooo...

Until then, have a nice day!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.7K 34 35
Ever wondered what Doki Doki Literature Club! would have been like if Monika wasn't self aware she is in a game and everything played out normally...
907 40 11
*PLEASE READ THIS!!! DEAR GOD THIS WON'T MAKE SENSE IF YOU DON'T!!* This is the second book in the "DDLC: A New Ending" series, link to the first in...
11.9K 186 26
You have known Sayori for years. She's your most cherished friend, and you know each other so well. You've always loved her since day one, but didn't...
96.4K 2.1K 20
Hardships are things that you expect to go through while in a relationship. So why was Natsuki and Yuri going through them even though they're just f...