Home Sweet Girl

SleepingBeau_

Will there ever be a home as sweet as she? Homelessness is all Maryanne knows. Yet, sheltered by her fairly o... Еще

Author's Note
Chapter | One
Chapter | Two
Chapter | Three
Chapter | Four
Chapter | Five
Chapter | Six
Chapter | Seven
Chapter | Eight
Chapter | Nine
Chapter | Ten
Chapter | Eleven
Chapter | Twelve
Chapter | Thirteen
Chapter | Fourteen
Chapter | Fifteen
Chapter | Sixteen
Chapter | Seventeen
Chapter | Nineteen
Chapter | Twenty
Chapter | Twenty one
Chapter | Twenty two
Chapter | Twenty three
Chapter | Twenty four
Chapter | Twenty five
Chapter | Twenty six
Chapter | Twenty seven
Chapter | Twenty eight
Chapter | Twenty nine
Chapter | Thirty
Chapter | Thirty one
Chapter | Thirty two
Chapter | Thirty three
What is going on?
Chapter | Thirty four
Chapter | Thirty five
Chapter | Thirty six
Chapter | Thirty seven
Chapter | Thirty eight

Chapter | Eighteen

962 41 3
SleepingBeau_

In the early hours, Angeline has been anticipating bringing MaryAnne home to live with her small family. She was up all night making important phone calls. Yet, the jitters wake her up several hour before the initial time she intended to rise. She gaze upon the young girl, who is dead asleep. She runs her hand through Maryanne's curly hair. The early morning still hasn't drawn the sun up yet. She cherish the sight, looking forward to more days like this.

After packing and showering, Angeline focuses on the light peaking through the hotel curtain. She slowly draws the curtain out, waking up the little one with a kiss and soft touches. Mary stirs awake with blurry and heavy eyes—focusing on the woman's glowing face and kind smile.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Are you ready to go home today?" She asks. Mary wouldnt technically call it home just yet, but Angeline speaks adamantly. Maryanne turns over burring her face in the firm pillow. To say, she was definitely not ready to leave. It would be nice just to visit then come back, but that wasn't the case. The thought puts her stomach in knots. The pillow covers the little wimpers she makes. The bed dips and Angeline's rubs her back. "Baby, what can I do for you?". She bills and coos, ultimately concerned.

Can you bring my dad back?

The answer is obvious "I can help you get dressed and later I can get some ice-cream before we get on the plane. How does that sound?" she whisper softly. Her bribery and gentle efforts encourages Mary from her hiding spot. Or so she thought.

"Plane?" She lifts her head, curiously. she's never been on one before.

"Yes, we are going on a plane. It is not scary I promise. I'll be with you the whole time". She takes her word with a gentle nod. "Okay, shower first" she reminds the girl.

Mary  gets up, ready to  heads in bathroom."Do you need help?" For the last times Angeline has been with Mary, She noticed her having trouble operating the hotel shower by herself.

"No." She proceeds to shut the door. She doesn't want to relieve the embarrassing moment when Angeline barged in and seen her naked the other day.

"Okay, sweetheart. Call me if you do and try not to wet your hair" she says from the other side.

After a shower session filled with crying, Mary finds her clothes laid out on the bed. The woman is no longer in her bath robe, but fully dressed. Her hair is neatly pinned up in a claw clip. She is in cropped light wash jeans, white shirt, tan loafers, and a long drop shoulder cardigan.

"I have your clothes right here, let's get you dressed," it has become Angeline's favorite thing. Mary follows along, knowingly she is capable of dressing herself. The young girl is fitted in black tights, a light purple hoodie that says 'have a good day' in white bubble letters on the back, and white converse shoes. The woman claimed this to be the trending outfit for kids her age. Maryanne is small and could easily wear a size nine in youth clothing.

"You're too cute". Angeline enjoys shopping for girls clothes because there are rarely any girls in the family she can shop for. When she gets back, she will definitely go on a full shopping spree.

Angeline monitors the girl brushing her teeth. Next, She helps her apply the gentle face wash and moisturizer. This routine was new for Maryanne. Then, Angeline takes an in interest in her hair. It's so beautiful and yet complex in a fascinating way. She's done a little bit of learning on how to care for her curly hair, although she has much more to learn. With the help of a small amount of gel, a spray bottle, a brush and a few stretch hair ties, She manage to put her hair in two adorable curly buns, leaving out little hairs on the sides. She gushes over Mary mumbling words of 'such a pretty girl'. Angeline is really taking things seriously—going out of her way to properly care for her. Her dad couldn't and Elaine always tried her best.

Is this what it's like to have a mom?

"You can take your vitamins after breakfast" she says. The woman grabs her purse, gives Maryanne her carry one back pack, while she has pull along both suitcases. "Is it too heavy for you?" She ask. The girl shakes her head.

"Okay, andiamo"

Mary witnessed the hussle and bussle of the airport. So many rules and procedures just to get in, yet, Angeline seemed to have everything under control. That's why she informed her that it's advisable to be there at least four hours before you board a flight. She was nervous getting past security, having to go through a scanner and possibly being patted down. Angeline had to pay extra for the Mary's suitcase plus her post weighted suitcase that needed filling up with more clothes due to her extensive stay.

With plenty of time on their hands, Mary views the planes through the window while enjoying the ice cream she was promised. Angeline does the necessary text and calls on the phone before setting it to airplane mode. She goggle's at mary delightfully eating the single scoop of simple cotton candy flavored ice cream in a cup.

"Is it good sweetie pie?" She coos. From moments at time, it seems that at every bit she takes, Angeline smiles and gives her kisses on the cheek. Mary finds it weird and the fuzzy feeling comes up again.

Getting on the plane was the easy part, however taking flight was another thing entirely. Mary tightly grips onto the seat rests, not expecting to feel the plane ascending upward. Beforehand, she recalls the lady announcing to put on the seatbelts. she realizes now that there was a high chance she would have fell if she hadn't been in her seat.

Her breathing picks up, nearing a tearful episode. Angeline catches this and  grabs onto the girl's hand for support. "You did so good," she plants a kiss to her forehead.

Angeline encourages the girl to look out the window. She is overblown by what the world looks like from up high. Scoping out the small speck she called home—mournfully watching it grow further away. It was her life.

Suddenly, Maryanne began to get queasy. There is a funny feeling in her stomach and her head feels awfully light. She does her best to hold back the feeling, but it wasn't letting up, only increasing. She rest her head down on the tray in front of her to close her eyes. Wishing the symptoms away.

"What's the matter? are you tired?" She whispers in her ear. Mary shakes her head, feeling something arising.

"Don't feel-" she sit up and shuts her mouth. Her puffy cheeks fill up with sick.

"Oh my goodness," the woman goes into action. She grabs a bag and puts it up to her face. Mary instantly releases everything she ate earlier including the gum that helped her ears from popping. Most of it lands in the bag, small bit got on her hoodie. Angeline gently blows air to her face and rubs her back as she dry heaves. A few passengers and the flight attendant were concerned and sought to see if the girl was okay.

"You're okay, sweetheart," wiping her mouth with a wet wipe. "I'm so sorry, you don't feel well". Angeline slips her to the bathroom to clean up. She touches Mary's drained face, placing a hand to her forehead and speak in soft tones. She didn't want another episode of Mary passing out. She takes her hoodie off, leaving the girl in a plain shirt.

Her first flight unlocked a new fear.

-||-

Angeline takes Mary to the parking garage. She trails aside like a lost puppy observing everything different and new about this state she's in—The weather, the smell. She open the trunk of her silver Genesis sedan and puts everything in. Angeline apprehensively watches mary hop in the front seat.  She prefers her to sit in the back because of her height and weight. At the hospital, they estimated her as a standing height of four feet, five inches and a weight of fifty pounds. She will allow it only for today.

Everywhere she looks. There are palm trees. It's hard to keep up with every new thing she sees. Angeline stops in front of black tall iron gates. She uses her phone and with a tap of button and the gate opens. They travel up a small hill, foreshowing a neighborhood with big houses distant from each other and spacious land. It's a valley

"I promise you'll love it here".

She pulls up to an aesthetic and sizable single story, contemporary Tuscan style home hidden at the end of the block. It was the perfect house to host gatherings. The home is an off white with lime stone accents, a mocha terracotta roof and arched window and doorways throughout. Tall hedges along the back, small plants and flowers, cypress trees in the front. She parks in the middle of the wide paved cut driveway—excitement fills her. Mary steps out slowly taking in her surroundings.

A tall man steps out of the double door, eating reminants of an orange. His eyes light as he quickly approaching the two. The man has tan skin, forest green eyes, and really loose brunette curls styled in a tapered cut.

"You guys made it!" he exclaim, his arms stretched out.

"Ciao, amore mio," Angeline says. The man runs up to Angeline and lifts her up into a kiss full of passion.

"I missed you my dear. Don't ever leave me that long again" the woman was gone for nearly a week instead of one day.

"I won't, Tesoro. I promise". Mary watches it unfold— akwardly standing in one spot. Angeline reaches her hand out for Mary and brings her closer between them."This is Maryanne, my love". He looks down at Maryanne with the widest smile. The girl notice he exhibits a neatly trimmed small beard and mustache combo.

"So Your the one that stole my wife all this time" he jokes. Mary blushes. She didn't steal anything, if that's what he meant.

"Sweetie, this is my husband, Dario".

"Hello, Mr. Morello," she says quietly and wave at him.

"So sweet" she kisses Mary cheek.

"Hello, Bambina, it's so good to finally meet you," he takes her hand for a shake and then it evolves into a warm hug. The woman's hearts swells watching her husband interact with Mary. She is very optimistic for her future with them. "You can call me Dario if you like, Mr. Morello is my old man and I'm not old yet." He laughs.

Angeline holds on to Mary while the walk inside. The indoors is just as beautiful and big as the outside. High ceilings, cream colored wall with more stone accents, bright tile and dark brown wood flooring."Before we go any further I want you to close your eyes". Angeline covers them with one hand, leading her the living room. Dario runs to the spot he set up for her homecoming in the homey living room space. In range, she gave her to go to open her eyes, taking her hand away from her face.

"Welcome home, Maryanne!" The couple yell. Mary was a little caught off guard by the pink and gold ballons, and ones that spell out 'Welcome'. On the side is big gift basket filled with cute things. Her joy slowly creeping up on the inside. Although, she questioned if it was normal to receive so much on a first day basis.

Dario observes Mary's underwhelmed reaction. His wife called him at midnight, begging him to go buy gifts and decorations for the occasion, "Angeline went a little overboard. Didn't she?".

"I couldn't help myself," the woman responds.

Out of the blue, the girl let out a little squeal when she feels something rubbing against her leg. She looks down at the two big fur balls with tufted pointed ears and long manes— sniffing her.

"There you are my babies. Mama missed you" Angeline crouches down, smoothing their furs. You can hear loud purring and squeaky meows coming from them. "Did you scare our guest?" she picking up the creme shaded Maine coone.

"These are my kittens. This princess right here is Lola and that beauty right there is Frenchie" she gestures to the silver tabby with the bold and mysterious goldish eyes standing next to Mary, rubbing her head on her leg. Mary bends down and pets the cat."Awe. She likes you and she usually isn't the first to initiate".

"She's big". On four legs the cat was a little below  Mary's knee caps, Imagine her standing on her hind legs.

"Yes. Maine coons tend to be bigger breeds of cats." The cats are one and two years old. Maine coons keep growing up to year four. "-but they are gentle and sweet. Isn't that right my princess," she coos planting kisses on the kitten, before putting her down and going for the other cat for kisses.

"Okay Bambina, what would you like to do first? have a tour and check out your room or eat some cake?" Dario suggests.

"Love, she just got here. Let her breathe, beside it's too early for cake," says the woman who'd given Mary ice cream hours ago.

"Who says? did you make the rule of what time is best to eat cake?". Angeline rolls her eyes and Mary lets out a little giggle. Dario gasp in surprise.

"Would you look at that? I made her laugh".

-|||-

Mary decided she wanted the cake first. After her stomach rejected everything she had eaten this morning it made her surprisingly famished. Plus, she couldn't resist a chocolate cake. Next, she checked out the gifts Dario picked out— Angeline guided him through the whole process. Since, they don't know much about what she likes or doesn't like, they got her things every thirteen year old girl could possibly need. Bath bombs, small notebook, candy, body care, hair accessories, slippers, fluffy socks, bracelet making kit, pj set, and a little stuffed giraffe

"Thank you," she smiles.

"You are most welcome. Sweetie!". The woman exclaims.

"Now, are you ready for the tour?!".

There is pool with an outdoor living space, a kitchen made for someone who has a passion for cooking and dinning room. The other part of the house has an extra seating space with framed pictures on the wall and counter tops. One picture I'm particular caught Mary's eyes. It was a picture of a younger Angeline at her graduation dinner with her parents. Mary can see the resemblance. The woman looks a lot like her mom. She must of inherited her eyes and hair color. Mary sees another photo of a woman and a man with two little boys. She looks similar to Angeline, but has the father dark hair and brown eyes.

"That's my little sister Daniella. It's crazy how much she's grown up. Now, she lives in Italy and is married with two kids. She used to be quite the rebel, but even I had my share of mistakes..." She pause. "She's my only sister," she briefs say. In the past her and Daniella had their share of fights. Having a five year age gap comes with differences. They are much closer now.

The house has four bedrooms excluding both offices. Four and a half bathrooms and a small guest house. Maryanne's room is a spacious simple guest room, with a queen sized bed and decorative pillows. Angeline wished she had time to prepare the perfect bedroom for her arrival. With all the cute decorations. That's another thing she adds to her shopping list. The girl could care non the less, she didn't expect to have a room for herself.

"So what do you think?" It's truly beyond what she imagined it to look like.

"I love it," she sits on the bed. Touching the nice texture of the cover. It's better than what she was used to.

"I'm glad because it's your home too. We want you to be as comfortable as possible" she says. "I'm going to get out of these airplane clothes and start making dinner, does lemon pepper chicken and risotto sound okay for you love?" She asks her husband.

"Sounds perfect. My darling. I'll be in my office. Glad you're here Mary, we're going to have so much fun annoying the heck out of Angeline" he winks. She raises her brow as he walk out.

"Baby, I'll be back to help you settle in okay?".

"Okay".

Angeline is half way out of the room,when turns around and kisses Mary on the forehead.

"Welcome home, Sweet girl. I'm so glad you're here".

●●●

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Dadnoblade Pollen/petal

Приключения

41.7K 1K 40
Why would Technoblade hater of orphans adopt an orphan Little piglin y/n is sweet not a bit of deadlyness or evil. So why would the blood god care f...
Roses Are For The Weak // Short Story abby

Любовные романы

127 5 10
Carmen finally moved out from her mentally/emotionally abusive childhood home and settled down at a place for herself. At the local drugstore she mee...
Their Little Bethany Experement626

Короткий рассказ

142K 1.7K 29
This story is based on Little Bethany who has had a troubled life growing up neglected by her own family and ignored by others in her community. Dani...
293K 5K 17
In this world you get classified as either a Master , pet , Mommy/Daddy , Little or Neutral Leo finds out he is a Little and quickly gets kicked out...