The Power of Water (Stranger...

By InejGhafa0732

Luna has always lived a confusing and tragic life due to be kidnapped by Hawkins lab as a toddler but the mon... More

Cast and Aesthetics
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

17 1 0
By InejGhafa0732

Holly Jolly Part 2

Cora sat on Robin's bed as she chattered about. To be honest Cora wasn't sure what she was talking about anymore. Her mind was much to busy.

There one day, gone the next. Just like Ally.

It made Cora really believe that Hawkins was cursed. Cursed to tear apart families and ruin lives. But it wasn't Hawkins, it was simply life. And life was on no one's side.

"Cora, Cora." Robin snapped her fingers in her face.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was asking if you were listening."

"Um, yes."

"Are you okay? With everything that happened to Will, I'm sure it brought back memories."

"The memories never go away. They just get easier to contain. I'll be fine."

"Okay. But if you need anything come straight to me."

~~~~~

Luna and Eleven exited the house and walked toward the meeting place. Luna stared in distaste at the fence surrounding the area. So much like the lab.

El stared at the watch on wrist repeating 3 1 5. Obviously she had never been taught how to tell time before. It made Luna even more angry.

She has known the Telekinetic's weren't taught much but she had never thought it as this bad.

They knew nothing. Just as the lab wanted it. Powerful weapons with no remorse or emotion.

A cat snarled pulling both of their attentions toward it. As Eleven's breathing deepened Luna was pulled into a memory of her own.

A black cat lay on the table locked in the cage. It batted at the sides trying to escape.

Luna sat in her chair and stared at it, emotionless. This cat didn't deserve to die but neither did Marcy or Marissa or any of the others and she would not let anything happen to them.

Luna clenched one of her hands and the cats blood started to boil. It shrieked at increased its escape efforts tenfold but it was no use.

She lessened her hand and the cat relaxed but the next second she squeezed it as tight as she could and the cat exploded.

Blood flew on all sides of the wall, bones clattering to the ground. Everything was covered, everything except for her.

Luna kept her gaze calm even as she felt the familiar bile raising in her stomach, and the blood poured from her nose and ears.

She would not show weakness.

That had been two months after she'd made the deal to keep Marissa out of the experiments. And two months before she had escaped and the deal had ended.

She whirled her head as she heard her and Eleven's name being called. Mike, Dustin, and Lucas biked up to them. Mike glanced at El concerned while Luna went over to Dustin and hopped on his bike.

She'd much prefer her own but she didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. It wasn't like she owned a bike.

El got on to Mike's bike and they headed off towards certain doom.

~~~~~

Luna walked beside Dustin answering his endless questions. "Can you just control water?Or is it like all liquids?"

He was certainly smart. It was a question few people thought of but made her all the more dangerous. "All liquids. Most have at least a little bit of water in them anyways."

"Can you create water anywhere?"

"I don't create it. It's in the air and since water is almost in the air 99% of the time I can." Of course, sometimes a room held no moisture like the one the lab had created and rooms like that were extremely dangerous for her.

"How did you get your powers?"

Luna shrugged. "Born with them, I suppose." Honestly Luna didn't know. She knew the lab had given them injections to increase their powers and make them more deadly but that hadn't been the cause of their powers.

She was pretty sure her and her friends had been picked out and brought to the lab specifically for the powers they already had but she couldn't be certain. After all, she had no memory of the Before.

"Where did you and Eleven get your tattoos from?"

Luna froze. That was the first question he had asked that was not about her powers. And it was the first that involved the lab.

"I don't want to talk about it." She knew her tone was ruder than it had to be but she barely knew Dustin and she was not going to tell him personal information.

She had been willing to tolerate his questions finding them slightly cute but that was something she wouldn't talk about.

Dustin seemed to get the point because he didn't ask her another question.

~~~~~

Cora walked into her room. Both her parents were gone for the night, so she got the house to herself.

She preferred it that way. She'd rather not interact with either of her parents.

She didn't know the last time she'd had a civil conversation with either one of them.

Her lights flickered again. She groaned pushing herself off her bed. That was the third time that week.

She left her room and entered the storage closet. She had no idea where her mom kept the lights but they couldn't be that hard to find.

Her mom never let her into the storage closet. Cora had assumed she had some sort of dark secret hidden there and Cora had long since cared what her mother did.

She started opening up boxes at random. She paused, lights forgotten. She grabbed the box and slowly pulled it out of the storage closet.

She took out the first item. Two babies about the ages of one and two were being held by her parents.

Tears slipped from her eyes.

She flipped through the rest of the pictures. All pictures of Ally. Pictures her mother had led her to believe were gone.

And there were more than most pictures. There was Ally's favorite book, her first drawing. There were memories.

Memories Cora had nearly forgotten.

Memories she vowed to never forget.

~~~~~

They reached Eleven's destination which appeared to be the house that Luna was pretty sure Will lived in.

Lucas dropped his bike, annoyed. "What are we doing here?"

"She said he's hiding here."

"Um, no."

"I swear if we walked all the way out here for nothing-"

"That's exactly what we did. I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about."

Mike turned to El. "Why did you bring us here?"

Eleven stared at him and Luna could see panic rising in her eyes. She had no trouble believing that Will was here, just not in this dimension.

The portal she had seen in the lab was where the monster was from and Luna assumed it had brought Will back to his home in a different dimension and now he was hiding at his house.

But, she couldn't exactly explain that to the kids. They wouldn't believe a word she said. What normal person would?

"Mike, don't waste your time with her."

"What do you want to do then?"

"Call the cops like we should have done yesterday."

"We're not calling the cops."

Luna was pulled out of their conversation by Dustin's voice. She looked up, hearing the sirens.

They rushed to get on their bikes, raising after the police cars.

The frantic peddling didn't stop until they reached the quarry, beside the pond Luna often swam in.

They hid behind a fire-truck as a body was pulled out of the water.

"It's not Will. It can't be."

"It's Will. It's really Will."

While the others started arguing Luna closed her eyes tuning into the water.

Though there was water everyone especially due to the pond she focused on on the body.

Obviously, there was water all over the body but Luna quickly noted that just as she'd suspected the inside of the body lacked any liquid.

Without water or blood of any sort in the body it couldn't be real. Falling into the water and drowning or whatever the hell had happened wouldn't do that to a body.

Only she could do that.

Which meant this body wasn't real. Just another one of the labs tricks. And Will. He was still out there.

Just as Eleven had said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.5K 37
Paranormal occurrences start happening in the sleepy town of Hawkins, Indiana, on the night of November 6th, 1983. Y/n gets dragged into the mess of...
475K 10.7K 34
'I live in a man's world, and it's hard to thrive in a world that isn't designed for you' 'She's...too good for someone like me' (Steve Harrington x...
1.3K 41 27
♐︎ what the hell we fightin' for? ♐︎ [ in which two girls who possess supernatural abilities, save a quiet town that has gone haywire. ] - follows se...