In His Bed (18+)

authorphoebemorris द्वारा

After years of insults and backstabbing from her best friend, Faith, Hailey's got a wicked plan for revenge... अधिक

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
In My Bed
Acknowledgments

Chapter 66

9.5K 410 82
authorphoebemorris द्वारा

I stood in front of my mirror, critiquing the girl in the glass.

The dress she wore suited her build, hugging her curves without squeezing them and stopping just above her knees.

Pity it'll be covered by that hideous fucking robe.

The ceremonial cap and gown sat folded on my bed, the same odious, orange hue as our school colors.

Frazzled nerves had me tugging at the hem, worried that the skirt would ride up, exposing my ass for one final high school humiliation.

I can do this. I can do this...

A knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts, and I called out, "Come in!"

Mom opened the door, beaming as she saw me.

"Baby, you look amazing!"

I chuckled, "Just wait - I'm gonna look like a rotting carrot when I walk across the stage."

"Oh, hush." Stepping inside, she asked, "So, are you ready? We're picking Dad up on the way to the ceremony, and Robert's meeting us there."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I just have to grab my shoes."

"Well, actually, wait," Mom walked up to me, "there is one more thing."

Glancing up, I asked, "What?"

She held out her hand, showing a simple diamond solitaire necklace and matching earrings.

"Wh-"

"They were mom's," she explained, a wistful smile on her lips. "She'd want you to have them."

Tears filled my eyes, threatening to spill out and ruin my makeup, "Oh my god..."

"Here, hold your hair up," she set the earrings aside, unclasping the necklace before placing it around my neck.

"There," she said, "I knew it'd look great on you."

Reaching up, I brushed my fingers over the small, brilliant stone, "Are you sure?"

"Very. Do you need help with the earrings?"

"No," I shook my head, "I've got it."

"Okay, well," Mom glanced back toward the door, "I think I'm going to use the bathroom before we go - god knows what it's going to be like at the school."

She left as I pinned the tiny studs into my earlobes, grabbing my things as I walked out to the living room.

On the coffee table, Mom's phone started ringing, an unfamiliar number flashing on the screen.

"Could you get that?" Mom called from the bathroom.

"Sure," I picked it up, sliding my thumb over the screen to accept the call.

Immediately, loud, enraged epithets screamed out of the speaker.

What the fuck?

Pulling it to my ear, I listened as the male voice ran through every insult under the sun, threatening all kinds of bloody, violent ends.

"-I'm going to make you regret being born-"

"Who is this?" I demanded.

"Oh, don't play dumb - you know exactly who this is, you thieving bitch!"

My heart stopped in my chest, ice water streaming through my veins.

"...Dad?"

The voice on the other end fell silent.

Oh my god...

Silence reigned until he spoke, gruff and angry, "I need to speak with Denise."

I barely heard him, asking instead, "It is you, isn't it?"

"I'm not playing with you-"

"I-" licking my lips, I turned my attention to the bathroom door, "You should know, I've been waiting for this moment for eighteen years-"

"Where is Denise?"

"-and now that it's here?" My eyes narrowed, and my lip rose in a snarl, "I just really want to tell you-"

"Goddamnit-"

"Go fuck yourself."

"You little-"

Smirking, I cut him off, "Tell Ellie I said, 'Hi'."

Hanging up, I blocked his number as Mom stepped out of the bathroom.

"Who was that?"

I shrugged, "Telemarketer. I blocked him."

"Oh, okay. Ready to go?"

Looking up, I smiled, brightly, "Yup!"

As soon as Mom and my grandfathers were seated in the stands of the football field, I hustled over to the school where the graduating seniors were assembling in the gym.

Please, don't run into Jason. I can't handle it - not now...

Luck was on my side, and I passed through the doors, eyes lighting on Sierra, Owen and Zane.

"Hey," I greeted them, trying to ignore the dozens of stares that followed me.

"Hey, girl!" Sierra pulled me into a quick hug, "Just remember - we're almost done!"

Grimacing, I muttered, "I keep telling myself that."

She released me, and as we chatted, the gym began to fill. Soon enough, teachers were telling us to don our robes and get in alphabetical order. I said my goodbyes, holding onto my cap as I went to find my place.

On the way, though, I found Nate instead.

His face lit up in a sleazy smile, "Hey-"

Clenching my fists, I muttered, "Nate, I swear to god-"

He laughed, "Chill, Babe! What's with the hostile energy?"

I glared at him, "You know goddamned well what you did."

"Oh?" His grin was exceptionally punchable as he said, "Look, we had a fun night - so what if I let a few of my friends know?"

"The harm?" I stepped closer, aware of the attention we were attracting, "The harm is that we didn't do shit that night, and you're a lying, slimy fuck!"

Nate radiated satisfaction, "Careful, Hales, you're gonna hurt my feelings-"

Seeing red, I swore, "I'm gonna hurt a helluva lot more than your feelings-"

"Knock it off, Nate." A voice spoke behind me, stern, familiar...

I turned, and Will stood at my back.

Will?

"Are you gonna make me?" Nate sized Will up, seeming amused.

Will shook his head, "No, but we both know she's telling the truth."

"Oh, you know that?"

"Yeah," Will answered, cold eyes locked on Nate's, "so does everyone who saw you that night."

"Really?"

The slightest hint of a smirk curved Will's lips, "I mean, it doesn't take a genius to realize that a guy who's too drunk to stand up is too drunk to get it up."

The babble around us quieted, and Nate stared down at Will. "You sure about that?"

Will didn't flinch, "Nate, you and your whiskey dick can fuck off - I know her, and I know she wouldn't."

Rage burned in Nate's eyes as he spat, "Bro, you don't know shit!" His voice carried, loud enough for the whole gym to hear.

Dead silence surrounded us.

Turning, I saw we were the focus of the entire room - even the teachers, worry on their faces, had started making their way toward us.

Will lifted his chin, challenging Nate, "I know that she thinks your cum tastes like battery acid."

Nate's eyes widened, but Will didn't stop.

Walking forward, he smirked, "Yeah, she told me why you stopped seeing each other. She also made me swear never to tell anybody - said she didn't want to embarrass you - but, oops-"

Nate's face paled several shades as he stood, frozen in place.

"Also," Will sighed with feigned concern, "I gotta say, man to man? That shit doesn't sound healthy. I mean, if your spunk is that rancid, you should really see a doctor, Bro."

Turning, I saw the moment Nate snapped, fist clenched, starting to swing-

-only to get dragged back by Mr. Thompson, fighting and cursing as he got kicked out of the ceremony.

Pandemonium erupted as the doors closed behind him, whispers spreading like wildfire while teachers fought to get students back in order.

Rooted to the spot, I gaped, not quite believing what I'd just seen.

Next to me, Will placed a hand on my shoulder.

Will.

Dumbstruck, I turned to him, sputtering as I fought to express my gratitude.

He stopped me with a quick squeeze.

There was a warm light in his eyes, but he said nothing, just gave me a small nod before he disappeared into the crowd.

I couldn't help the faint smile as I watched him leave.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...