✯𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐒 ✧ |scaramouche x...

By 3mberlight

(Being rewritten!!!) ❝let it all go. see what stays❞ Y/n wasn't expecting to end up in the Fatui, but if fat... More

Rewritting notice!!
ミ★ prologue ✫彡
2: The First Mission

1: The apprenticeship

1.1K 34 122
By 3mberlight

❥ミ★✫彡✰
______________________

❥ミ★✫彡✰

"This is the girl?"

"Yes. She may not look like much but she really surprised us with her skills on the battlefield. She also has great negotiating skills and is quite obedient, a trait I know you hold in high regard. you name anything, she'll most likely do it."

Scaramouche raised his eyebrows as he let dottore continue on his little speech about Scaramouches newly appointed assistant.

Honestly, Scaramouche never thought he'd ever get an assistant. He had no need for one, and the assistant was certainly better off not working that close under him. And yet, The Doctor had taken it upon himself to find The Balladeer an assistant.

The Doctor's reasons for this were unknown, and he clearly intended to keep his intentions hidden. Really no use in trying to find out why, then.

Scaramouche flipped through his new assistants documents and info and stopped at an already signed paper.

"She's already signed up? Don't I get a say in this?"

"Well, normally yes. But knowing you, you'd probably say no immediately and since I want to observe how you fare with someone who's not another harbinger working closely with you, the Tsaritsa went and signed her up."

Ah, so that's why he wanted scaramouche to have an assistant.

Scaramouche sneered at him, but before he could try and say anything, the colgate haired man leaned over to point at the document. More specifically, at the Tsaritsas signature.

"It's rare for the Tsaritsa to sign an approval sheet herself, normally she just has The Jester do it, so she must think you two will be perfect together." Dottore let out a slightly manic laugh. "That or she thinks the girl is sturdy enough to endure the abuse you will surely put her through."

"She thinks wrong." Scaramouche said, but then turned his attention to the problem at hand. "So, essentially she's like a dummy? I can do whatever I want to her?" Scaramouche glanced at her picture in the corner of the documents. Her pretty face could use some bruises. And if I have to go through with this stupid experiment of Dottores, I might as well humour him. This is absolutely nothing compared to what he usually does, and it could work out in my favour as well.

"Well, technically yes. Though... keep her alive for the first month at least. If I find out you killed her before I give you permission, there will be grave consequences." Dottore said, smiling at Scaramouche innocently.

Scaramouche glared at him, but didn't say anything just yet.

"It will be a test of sorts, if you don't like her at the end of the month for whatever reason and if she's still alive, just give her to me and I'll.. take care of her." Dottore said, obviously thinking that after a month or two he'll be sick of her. Which he probably would be.

"Oh I won't kill her just yet. I will have some... fun, though."

❥ミ★✫彡✰

Your POV

Working under the 6th harbinger... wowsers, that's a promotion and a half. You thought, placing a hand over your mouth as you thought. And I get to go to snezhnaya again.
...Doesn't really matter though, since I'm going to meet an unfortunate end pretty soon.

In your opinion, your fate was set in stone. Sure, you could work under harbingers from a safe distance, but you had never planned on getting a up close and personal job with a harbinger like a personal assistant.

You were nice and obedient enough, but from what you had heard, The balladeer was bipolar and could be okay with you doing one thing for a day and then change his mind the day after. Also he was disliked by almost all the other harbingers, so he must be either annoying or ...annoying.

"Are you Lady Y/n L/n?"

You jumped, remembering where you were.

You turned around to see a pretty girl with blonde hair and a Fatui uniform on. She looked quite confused, but to be honest if you had caught the balladeers new assistant standing in a hallway with no apparent intentions, you'd be confused too.

"Yeah— ahem, yes, I'm Y/n."

"Lord Scaramouche is waiting for you in the room to your right." The girl said, bowing a bit and gesturing towards your right.

"Ah, thank you." You said, sending her a polite smile. Remember to be nice to your comrades. You reminded yourself. It would be good to have connections with fatuus' that worked under Scaramouche.

"It's no problem My Lady." You proceeded to hand your luggage to another servant who was obviously there to take it, and started walking towards the door. You looked over at the girl as you passed her. She seemed to be assessing you, probably wondering whether you were fit to be working under The Balladeer.

Well, you didn't plan on talking yourself up or down about how this first meeting with The Balladeer was going to go, so you decided to stay comfortably in the middle and just tell yourself to get it over with.

You walked past her into the room to your right. You tentatively opened the door, expecting there to be quite a few people lingering in the room, but unfortunately, it was just scaramouche. He was sitting at a table with some papers on it, tapping his fingers on the wood impatiently. He was wearing a fluffy black and white Fatui coat over his normal attire, presumably to avoid getting cold.

You waited a few seconds to see if he was going to say anything to you, but that just got you a few moments of uncomfortably staring at each other.

"...Good afternoon, my lord."
You said walking up to him slowly, in what you hoped to be a professional and pretty way of slow walking.

Scaramouche sighed and grabbed the papers. He did the thing where you tap the papers on the desk to sort them out, and set them down on the table again.

"How about we skip the pleasantries and just get straight to the point?" He said, and stood up from his chair.

You nodded, and bowed your head a little as he walked over to you.

"Yes sir."

"Alright then. Glad you aren't an idiot." He said, looking you up and down condescendingly. "So. You're my assistant now. That's not a position any normal person could get."

You nodded, wondering where he was going with this.

"...Mind telling me what makes you abnormal enough that you'd be able to be my assistant?"

You blinked, not having seen that coming.

"Uh." You said, your mind racing to find something that was abnormal about you.

Nothings really worth mentioning, so I guess I'll try to seem like I'm just humble? Maybe some flattery towards him...? I don't know what he likes, this sucks!

"I... I don't really know much about why I was appointed to be in this position, but I'm honoured to have this chance to aid you with whatever you need, My Lord."

Was that good enough? You didn't know.

"Hm." He said, crossing his arms. He sighed again and turned to walk out the door. He paused at the doorway and seemed to look at someone outside the door.

"Show L/n to her room." He said to someone, who you presumed was the girl from before.

"Yes, My lord."

❥ミ★✫彡✰

You sat down in your room and breathed a small sigh of relief.

You had managed to get past your first encounter with Scaramouche. Yippee!!!

Now hopefully, fate would be on your side and he wouldn't have a rough day and let out his anger on you for at least a few days. You did have to say your final goodbyes after all.

Okay, you were being very melodramatic there. You could handle Scaramouche.

(That's called gaslighting yourself, you couldn't handle him.)

You sighed and looked around your room, where you were probably only going to stay for a night or two.

You felt like such a fish out of water here. You came from a place of poverty —part of the reason you joined the Fatui was because of the payment— and Scaramouches estate was flamboyant and just screamed 'im rich'.

You had seen Tartaglias estate once, from a distance, and that's how you knew that this estate was a modest one. It seemed like The Balladeer didn't care that much about looks.

There's literally gold enlaid on the toilet. The toilet! That's crazy... the harbingers are pretty much set for life, I guess.
The funky thing is that there was only one toilet in the whole estate. You had heard some rumours that the only reason the Harbinger had a toilet in the first place was because once when the 11th Harbinger came to visit he kept complaining (only him, nobody else has the balls to complain.) untill Scaramouche caved and ordered someone to build one.

That honestly bamboozled you so much.
Does Lord Scaramouche just piss in the bushes like a cat? Why didn't he have a bathroom before??

Suddenly you heard a knock that knocked you out of your puzzling. Good thing, your puzzler was going to get sore if you kept thinking about this.

"My Lady? You have to go in about ten minutes."

You looked over at your still closed alaborant door.

"Come on in, please. I have a few questions."

The girl hesitantly opened the door and you recognized her almost immediately.

"Oh hey, you're the girl from before!"

"Huh?"
You realized that she probably didnt remember you and that you also probably sounded like a creepy stalker.

"Oh, I just meant I recognized you since you were the one who greeted me when I first came to the estate, my apologies." you said to her, "... So, do you have any idea what me and Lord Scaramouche are off to do? He didn't exactly disclose the contents of what we'd be doing."

"I'm afraid I don't know either, my lady." The girl said, bowing her head.

"There's no need to be so formal with me, I'm nobody important. you can just call me Y/n."

The girl nodded.
"If that's what you wish, miss y/n."

You smiled at her politely, and your mind came to the realization you didn't know this nice little girls name.

"...If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"My name? Oh, it's Ashley Mortéz, Miss Y/n." She said bowing her head to  you.

"Ashley... that's a pretty name!" You said, placing a hand on your chest with a smile.

Ashley did a double take and then recovered.
"Uh—thank you, my lady."

You and her sat there in awkward silence for a few moments until you glanced at a clock on the wall.

"Oh, I should be heading off soon.

She glanced down at her watch and nodded.

"You have about three minutes before you have to go, but Lord Scaramouche prefers people to be early."

"Hm, yes, he does seem like that type of guy."

Ashley looked over at you as if she was going to say something, but then decided against it. She got up and headed out towards the door, leaving you wondering what she was going to say.

❥ミ★✫彡✰

word count: 1896

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 664 23
Waking up in another world is terrifying. Not remembering anything is worse, though. Teyvat is a strange world filled with mysteries for you to explo...
5.6M 181K 46
As a member of the Fatui military, it is extremely important to follow the rules of your superiors. Betraying them would be similar to a death senten...
380K 11.9K 57
𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍!𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 🎞️ . . . What will happen when the 2. Fatui harbinger, ( Y/N ) ( L/N) is going on a missio...
5.8K 241 28
To Nahida's relief, the Sumeru crisis is finally over. The Fatui have become less of a threat, and Scaramouche was now helping Nahida and the Travele...