Forever Misunderstood [Hailee...

De idkwhomegalul

Y/N, an up-and-coming actor, is slotted for the lead role opposite Hailee Steinfeld. The pair first meet duri... Mai multe

II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX

I

3.3K 71 20
De idkwhomegalul

Beep beep beep beep beep. 

I stretched my right hand out, waving it wildly over my bedside table, trying to find my phone. 

"Y/N! YOU HAVE THIRTY MINUTES TO GET READY FOR THE TABLE-READ!!" Percy yelled from the living room as I heard him scamper around.

I groaned before pulling the face from the pillows on my bed. My eyes were immediately met by a bright ray of sunlight that snuck into my room between the panels of the Venetian blinds. "Y/N! GET OFF THE BED!" Percy banged on the door of my bedroom.

"I am up. I am up." I crawled off my bed. 

Percy had his quirks, but he was the only reason I got through Julliard. My callous personality met his meticulous personality on day one. He ensured I got up for classes, attended auditions and submitted all my assignments on time. People always told me, 'Mate, you are easily the most talented person to step into Julliard in the past ten years, but you would drown in your work if you didn't Percy.' And they were always spot on, he was my life buoy in acting school.

Today, he was babysitting me, taking me to the Paramount Pictures Studio for the table-read for my first official movie role. He also had his selfish reasons as he was cast alongside me in the movie. 

We had given our auditions a couple of months ago, entirely in the dark about the movie. Persuaded by my mentor and sponsor, Christian Bale. No flex, but I met him while doing my second-year project at Julliard, and he has become a great teacher and an even better friend since then. His exact words about this movie were, "Lad, you get this role and give your best. It will set you up for the rest of your career. It's rare to be given such a wonderful chance for your first official role." 

I showered and brushed my teeth before entering my closet, looking for today's outfit. I landed on my mid-wash jorts, tassel loafers and a short-sleeved patterned green shirt. I popped on my go-to black cap and shades before grabbing a bagel and heading out. 

"Percy?" I called out as I stepped out of the main door of our two-bedroom house. 

I heard a honk from the main road when his lovely 1998 Toyota Supra parked in front of our gates. "Get in. We need to be there in twenty-five."

Twenty minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot at the Paramount Pictures Studio. "You make your way up. I will find a spot and meet you in five," he ordered as he pulled his car to the studio's front door. 

"See ya." I stepped out and rushed in. I scrambled to the receptionist's desk, flashing her my invite to the table-read. "Tenth floor, room number 1028." She pointed me in the direction of the elevators. I thanked her before weaving my way through the crowd of people in the lobby and making my way to the elevator. I saw a brunette walk into the elevator as the door started to shut.

"Wait up!" I screamed out to the brunette as I smashed the elevator button, hoping the elevator hadn't shut fully. Seconds later, the door reopened, and my phone started ringing as I entered the elevator. I pulled my phone out, seeing the caller ID. It was my best friend, Olivia Rodrigo. 

I acknowledged the brunette's presence with a nod and 'thank you', unfortunately, she didn't recognise either action, just giving me a disapproving look. I didn't pay much attention to it as my eyes returned to my phone.

***

Hello.

Y/N. Where are you?

In the elevator, I am making my way upstairs.

***

I glanced at the floor buttons, noticing that the pleasant company on the elevator was also travelling to the tenth floor.

***

Okay, hurry.

I am. I am. I still need to get my pick-me-up. 

Well, Olivia Rodrigo has come in clutch once again. Aren't I incredible?

Nope, Olivia Rodrigo is one annoying bitch.

Oh my god. What an appalling reaction. I expected your iconic monotone thanks instead. 

I aim to surprise darling.

*** 

The elevator doors ding open with the stunning Olivia Rodrigo standing in my view with my go-to iced coffee order dripping condensed water all over the hallway carpet.

"Liv. I love you." I hugged her before she handed me my coffee. "I don't know how you survive Y/N. You can't wake up on time to save your life." She led me to the room for our table read. 

Liv was a friend I made during the summer break of my first year at Julliard. I interned at Disney, helping on the set of a High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. I met her on set while I complained to Percy about the show's name being a mouthful. She overheard our comical discussion and joined in. 

Months later, I was helping her in the studio writing her album SOUR. I wasn't influential in producing her album; I was more of her emotional and moral support during studio hours. My skills on the ukelele also came in handy while we spent hours in the cramped studio.

Since the album's release, we have just gotten closer, maybe closer than Percy and me. But please don't tell Percy that. He would strangle me. 

As we walked into the room for our table read, the brunette in the elevator scooched past me and settled on the conference table. That's when I recognised her. Her hazel eyes were looking at me, ready to bash my skull. The first impression I usually have on people is different.

It was Hailee Steinfeld.

I stared back at her, trying to process her dangerous stare and scornful look. Maybe I was misreading her.

As I kept staring, someone walked up to me. "Hey, Y/N. Tom Cruise." He greeted me as I stood starstruck.

My jaw dropped to the floor. Tom Cruise stood in front of me, offering me a handshake. I gladly accepted it. "Hi, Mr. Cruise. Huge fan. Too big." I replied awkwardly, getting an elbow from Liv, standing beside me.

"Sorry, I shall pick up his jaw off the floor. I am Olivia." Liv introduced herself to Tom.

"Call me Tom, and I have heard fantastic things about both of you," he said, pausing and turning to address me directly. "Christian has praised you immensely, Y/N," he added. 

"They may have padded my resume a bit," I replied, chuckling. 

"I trust Christian. He says you have incredible acting skills and are an adrenaline junkie. Which makes you perfect for the lead role in this movie." 

"Lead?" I was shaking. 

"Yes, lead. Y/N. I trust their judgement and have seen some of your work at Julliard. Especially your passion and enthusiasm regarding thrill-seeking adventures and stunts." 

"Thank my Dad for that trait. He got me into all the dangerous sports pretty early on." I answered. 

"Well, lucky you. I think we will do great work together." 

"I am sure you have never turned in a bad performance. You are uncompromising while breaking barriers and constantly putting your best foot forward. What you have achieved with Mission Impossible and Top Gun in recent years is incredible. It sets you apart from the rest of cinema right now."

"Your praise warms my heart. I do what I do because I believe a whole generation is waiting to come to a cinema and watch a masterpiece. I wish to produce that, not produce a B-grade movie to hit streaming platforms. Quality over quantity." he proclaimed. 

I nodded before someone announced from across the room. "Get in your seats; we shall start the table-read in ten." I excused myself from Tom's company as I walked around the table, trying to find my seat. Surprisingly, the seat with my name carved on it stood next to Hailee's. I pulled the chair out carefully before making myself comfortable on it. 

I spun on the chair several times, catching a glimpse of everyone in the room as I noticed Percy walk in and settle in next to Liv across the room. I waved to him, getting an instant reply. My goofy behaviour didn't go unnoticed by Hailee; she grinned at my childish behaviour. I took it as a sign to introduce myself, hoping the grin was an invitation.

"Hey, I am Y/N." I reached out for a handshake. 

"I know." she snarked back, returning to her phone. 

"Rude much."

"Don't call me rude; I don't think Olivia would like to know what you called her seconds before you hugged her. Never seen such a backstabbing bastard before." She turned her attention to her phone, her comment catching me completely unaware.

"Well, you must not have seen your ex, Niall. 'Six knives in my back'"  I mocked her song and name-dropped her ex out of spite, trying to be as insulting as possible.

The words rattled her, as she struggled to retaliate, eventually giving up and ignoring me entirely. I was fuming and unappreciative of her quick judgement of me, but I questioned my impulsive reaction deep down. 

My words hurt, they opened old wounds, and I had never reacted so irrationally. Described as rational and in control of my emotions, I had never been so impulsive, especially with words. This was uncharacteristic and I hoped it wouldn't harm my relationship with my co-workers, especially Hailee.

I turned back to her, my arms stretching out to grab her attention and apologise for my ill words and lack of proper judgement, when Tom announced, "Guys, welcome to the table-read of 'IMF: Future Calls'. Our lead actors are Y/N Y/L/N and Hailee Steinfeld." His arms outstretched pointing at me and Hailee. 

I waved to everyone in the room, recognising some big names in the movie industry, some people I had worked with during my time in Julliard and some old friends and not-friends from the same place.

The table read proceeded as planned, with me indeed grabbing the essence of my character as Tom and the writers explained their vision in detail. Despite my rapt attention at the start, towards the end, my mind was preoccupied with finding ways to mend the sinking bridge with Hailee. 

We wrapped up for lunch break at one when Liv and Percy sprinted over to my side of the table, congratulating me. "So, where is your female lead and love interest?" Percy asked, grinning. 

"No clue, but I need to find her as soon as possible." 

"What the fuck did you do now?" Liv judged the urgency of the situation from my tone.

I was beginning to recall the events before the table-read when I saw Hailee talking to Leonard Osborn, my classmate from Julliard. 

I call him my classmate, but he sees me as his sworn enemy. Every second at Julliard, he tried to outperform me, outdo me. People called him obsessed and deranged, but I didn't let him get to me. Until now, I just couldn't stand him talking to Hailee, most definitely bad-mouthing me. My suspicions were confirmed when they both turned to look at me.

His face was plastered with a victorious smirk, and Hailee's face was plastered with a look of disgust and scorn. She approached me as Liv and Percy noticed my gaze on her. She got close enough to say one sentence only I, Percy, and Liv could hear. It left my blood boiling, and any attempt I planned to mend our relationship was now a distant thought buried deep within my mind.

"Should have known you were a man-slut." 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

26.9K 865 24
Follow Hailee and her neighbour Y/N, two people with drastically different backgrounds and very few overlapping interests. Read as they develop feeli...
288K 6.9K 71
Hailee Steinfeld One Shots - - - Read Intro For Info <3
18.2K 776 31
extended summary inside! in which maeve tanner and xolo maridueña are proof that hate and love are not so different ❪ xolo maridueña x fem!oc ❫ ❪ s...
83.6K 1.8K 19
Uprising pop star and actress Hailee Steinfeld and Academy Award winning actress Nikki Harris are casted in the new Marvel action movie Venom. What w...