RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

Door ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... Meer

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 6

322 13 0
Door ZANE_555

(Ozpin's Office)

The elevator doors open up as both Y/N and Qrow come out of it. They're greeted with Ironwood and Glynda, both crossing their arms, Ozpin, sitting at his desk, and Winter pacing about impatiently. Y/N and Qrow share a look before Y/N goes to lean against a nearby pillar as Qrow approach the group in front of them.

Winter: "What were you thinking!?"

Ironwood: "If you were one of my men, I would have you shot!"

Qrow pull out his flask before addressing to the general.

Qrow: "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself."

Glynda: "While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation, Winter."

In response, Winter quickly turns to Glynda and snaps back.

Winter: "He was drunk!"

The blonde teacher does the same. 

Glynda: "He's always drunk!" 

The four then turn to Qrow to see him drinking from a flask. His eyes widen when he notices them staring, and he holds the flask out to the side, looking at it awkwardly before pointing back at Y/N.

Qrow: "Technically, Y/N has a flask too. Soooo..." 

Y/N: "You're not helping the case, Qrow."

Ozpin stare at Qrow, sighing before speaking up.

Ozpin: "Qrow, why are you here?"

Ironwood: "You've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go dark like that in the field!"

Qrow: "I'm not one of your special operatives, Jimmy!"

Winter: "General."

Qrow: "Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here."

Ironwood goes to lean against Ozpin's desk before responding.

Ironwood: "We know."

Qrow: "Oh! Oh, you know! Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!"

Ironwood: "Qrow-"

Qrow: "Communication's a two-way street, pal."

Qrow take out his scroll and point at it. 

Qrow: "You see this? That's the SEND button."

Winter: "They had reason to assume you'd been compromised."

Qrow: "And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her?"

After a moment of silence and not glancing back at Winter, Ironwood addresses to Winter.

Ironwood: "Schnee, we'll discuss this incident back at my ship."

This makes Winter visibly surprise upon hearing this.

Winter: "But sir!"

Ironwood: "Winter. Leave."

Reluctantly, Winter yields, saluting to Ironwood.

Winter: "Yes sir."

As she walks pass Qrow, Winter gives him a dirty look before exiting via the elevator. Once she left the office, Qrow then stare at Ozpin.

Qrow: "Oz, what have you been doing with Y/N?"

Ozpin: "Do what exactly?"

Qrow: "You have been giving him missions that we're meant for me. Why the hell did you do that? Why did you get him involved?"

Y/N steps in. 

Y/N: "Hold on, Qrow. Ozpin told me that if I do these missions, it would lessen your burden."

Qrow: "What?"

Ozpin: "It's true. He has become my secret agent of his own choice. That way, you wouldn't complete those missions alone."

Qrow quickly turn to Ozpin.

Qrow: "And you did it without informing me."

Ozpin: "I apologize for not doing so earlier."

Qrow: "Your damn right! And I'll be damn if something ever happens to him."

Y/N: "Qrow..."

Y/N knew Qrow can be overprotective of him sometimes but visibly seeing it in his expression surprise him a little, but he smiles at this. Both Qrow and Ozpin are staring at one another before Ozpin replies.

Ozpin: "It's already too late, Qrow. Y/N is now a part of this inner circle of ours. So, whatever we discuss here, he will keep it to himself. Isn't that right, Mr. L/N?"

Y/N turn his attention to Ozpin before nodding in agreement. Ironwood gestures to Qrow.

Ironwood: "What have you learn?"

Qrow sigh, now knowing that his adopted student is a part of this.

Qrow: "Your little CCT infiltrator isn't just another pawn. They're the one responsible for Amber's condition."

He then goes to take a drink from his flask once more.

Y/N: ("Amber?")

Glynda: "What?"

Qrow: "Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers, or Generals, or Headmasters. The people in this room, the leaders of the other two academies, we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one even knows about!"

The huntsman slowly gets up in Ironwood's face as he continues speaking.

Qrow: "It's why we meet behind closed doors, why we work in the shadows. So, you tell me, James, when you brought your army to Vale, did you think you were being discreet, or did you just not give a damn!?"

Staring down at Qrow, Ironwood places his scroll on Ozpin's desk.

Ironwood: "Discreet wasn't working, Qrow." 

The center of the room projects a hologram of Vale, Beacon Academy, the Amity Colosseum and Ironwood's fleet of Atlesian airships. Y/N look at with some level of amazement.

Y/N: "Whoa..."

Ironwood: "I'm here because 'this' is what was necessary."

Qrow: "You're here because Ozpin wanted you here! He made you a part of this inner circle and opened your eyes to the real fight that's in front of us!"

Ironwood: "And I am grateful."

Qrow: "Oh, well, you've got a real funny way of showing it."

Ironwood: "The people of Vale needed someone to protect them. Someone who would act. When they look to the sky and see my fleet, they feel safe, and our enemies will feel our strength."

In response to this, Qrow starts laughing for a moment. His fit of laughter makes Y/N a bit worried.

Y/N: "Qrow?"

Qrow: "You... You think they're scared of your little ships? I've been out there, and I've seen the things she's made and let me tell you - they 'are' fear."

Y/N: ("She?")

Upon hearing that last part, Ozpin slowly get up from his seat. 

Ozpin: "And fear will bring the Grimm."

The headmaster then turns to Y/N.

Ozpin: "You see it with that Chimera, didn't you?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I did. Uhm, sorry to interject but... who's she?"

The four adults look at him for a moment before turning to look at each other. Glynda turns to Ozpin.

Glynda: "Should we...?"

Ozpin: "It's fine, Glynda."

Ozpin then look at Y/N, his expression being much more serious than normal.

Ozpin: "Her name is Salem. She's the reason why this inner circle is formed to begin with."

Y/N: "Oh... is she like... the mastermind behind all of this...?"

Qrow: "You could say that."

The huntsman takes another sip from his flask as Ozpin slowly get off from his seat.

Ozpin: "Regardless, a guardian is a symbol of comfort. But an army is a symbol of conflict. There's an energy in the air now, a question in the back of everyone's minds..."

He goes to walk up to the hologram, gesturing to it. 

Ozpin: "If this is the size of our defenses, then what is it we're expecting to fight?"

Ironwood stares at them before sighing and walking over to Ozpin's desk, picking up his scroll just as it flashes with the image of a Black Queen chess piece as it disappears just as quick as it appears.

Ironwood: "So then, what would you suggest we do?"

Ozpin: "I suggest we find our guardian."

Y/N: "A guardian?"

Ironwood let out a sigh as he walks towards the elevator to exit before saying.

Ironwood: "If my fleet isn't enough, I have an emergency trump card on standby."

Y/N: ("Trump card...? He's talking about Penny...")

This statement makes Ozpin confused and before he can get a clear answer from the general only for Ironwood to have already left the office. Sighing to himself, Ozpin goes back to his seat as Y/N approach his desk. 

Y/N: "Ozpin. Who is Amber? And when you say 'guardian,' what do you mean by that?"

There's moment of pause from the headmaster before he eventually responds.

Ozpin: "Have you heard of the Four Maidens?"

(Later On)

In complete silence, Y/N is currently riding the elevator as it lowers him down to the first floor as he's left with his own thoughts.

Y/N: ("The Four Maidens... Amber... and this 'Salem' is the mastermind behind everything that's happening so far... things are getting more crazy by the day...")

His train of thought is interrupted by the elevator making a ding sound as its door opens. What catches his attention is Winter, leaning against the wall of the hallway a few meters away from him. 

Once he exits the elevator, the curious Y/N approaches her, which she soon notices.

Y/N: "All by your lonesome? I thought you left with General Ironwood."

Winter: "The general left to do some business with the Vytal Festival security. I see that you're meeting with Headmaster Ozpin and Miss Goodwitch is finished."

Y/N: "Pretty much. Of course, it shall remain classified."

Winter: " Naturally." ("Still unfair that I got kick out.")

Y/N: "And did the general really order you to stay here?"

Winter: "Not... exactly."

He asks again.

Y/N: "Care to elaborate?"

With a brief sigh, Winter slowly responds back.

Winter: "He wanted me to take a short break until he calls me over."

Y/N: "Huh... I see..." ("I keep forgetting that Winter isn't exactly very... sociable. Yeah, we'll call it that.")

There's a moment of silence between them until Y/N speaks up once more.

Y/N: "Do you want to... hang out for a bit?"

Utterly puzzled, the Schnee shifted her gaze towards him.

Winter: "Excuse me?"

This prompts Y/N to elaborate further.

Y/N: "I mean, it's been a long while since we saw each other, especially during that 'assignment' we did together. I know a good place for us to eat and drink at the fairground. So, what do you say?""

She soon recalls that day when Y/N managed to defeat three Rogue huntsmen and left him in an injured state. Pondering to herself for a moment, Winter eventually replies to him in a well-mannered tone.

Winter: "I... suppose I don't mind the idea of 'hanging out'. A little fresh air wouldn't hurt either."

Y/N: "Okay then."

Only for Winter to speak in a stoic way.

Winter: "But once the general calls for my presence, I must go and leave immediately."

Y/N: "I understand. Well, our destination is the fairground. So, let's get going."

As he said this, Y/N does a playful salute to her, which causes her to smirk, though rather briefly.

Winter: "Hm, lead the way then."

As they make their way outside, the two are walking beside each other. Glancing over to him, Y/N can see Winter walking rigidly, with her hands behind her back. 

Not a second later, he speaks up.

Y/N: "Relax, Winter. We're heading out to eat and drink, not to some military assembly. No need to be tense."

Hearing his words, Winter turns to him and then to herself as she no longer has her hands placed behind her back.

Winter: "Apology. It's a... habit of mine."

Y/N just shrugs it off.

Y/N: "It's fine. You just gotta switch from military work mode to relaxation mode."

Winter: "And how are you supposed to do that?"

Y/N: "Simple. By relaxing. Come on, the fairground is this way."

Rolling her eyes with some level of amusement, Winter follows where he's going, doing her best to not feel so tense. The fairground is littered with stalls, small shops, and stands decorated in colorful flags in a large forest clearing as festival goers come and go. They head to one of the huts in the fairground that serves as both a food stand and a bar. Thankfully, there's not that many people here as they're either in a different food stand or visiting the various stalls close by. Once they sit down beside each other, they place their orders to the stand owner, pay for them, and wait patiently for their meals and drinks to arrive. As they do, Y/N decides to start a conversation to end this awkward silence between them and help alleviate Winter's uneasy mood.

Y/N: "Soooo... what do you think of the bunk beds?"

Winter: "Pardon?"

Y/N: "The bunk beds Weiss mentioned. You know, in her dorm room with her team."

Winter: "Ah yes. That brief tour around their room. Honestly, I was quite shocked that Weiss and her teammates would sleep in such crude beds. She even state that their beds have never once fallen off."

Y/N: "Hm, yeah, I was taken aback when I saw it as well. Speaking of teammates, what do you think of Weiss's teammates?"

Winter: "Well..."

Y/N watch as she ponder for a moment until she eventually responds back.

Winter: "Like I said previously, her team leader, Ruby Rose, is underwhelming."

Y/N: "And... is that a bad thing?"

Winter: "Not neccesarily. Then you have her older sister, Miss Xiao Long, who is rather enthusiatic like her. However, her carefreeness is something I have to tolerate in the meantime."

Y/N: "That sounds about right with Yang. Wait, what about Blake?"

Winter: "The one with the black bow? Oh, she seems like a nice girl. Though, she's unusually quiet, not that's an issue or anything."

Y/N: "Heh, I guess so. Also, she's just reserve so, don't let it bother you."

Winter: "Duly noted. Regardless, I'm quite glad they have taken an interest with Weiss."

Y/N: "Well, I mean they're basically friends at this point." 

Winter: "Which is why I'm thankful that she has made genuine friends here at Beacon. Despite their 'colorful' personalities, I hope they continue being friends with her."

Y/N: "Trust me, Winter. They sure will."

This gets a small smirk from her, even if it was rather short-lived. A moment of silence later, Y/N then remarks idly.

Y/N: "You know... you kinda remind me of Glynda."

The Schnee turns her head towards him, giving him a confused look.

Winter: "Huh? What makes you say that?"

Y/N: "Well... you both can be stern and sharp, but with you, it's more militaristic in that regard."

Winter: "Is this your method of complimenting me?"

Y/N: "Hey, I'm just saying how it is."

Not a moment later, she answers back.

Winter: "Hm... I suppose... you're not incorrect. I would rather keep my emotions subdued for as long as I like."

With a smirk, Y/N retorts back.

Y/N: "And yet you lose your cool when it comes to Qrow. So much for the stern, dignified demeanor you're so well known for."

Winter: "Don't push the blame on me! Qrow practically started it."

Y/N: "And you let him goad you on. If I hadn't cut in and our headmasters hadn't shown up, who knows what kind of damage you two would have done."

Winter: "Please, I had it under control."

Y/N: "Taking your parry dagger out from your main sword's hilt to gain an upper hand kinda contradicts that, don't you think?"

Hearing his remark and having nothing to say back, Winter visibly pouts as she shifts her gaze to the side. Y/N watch this with silent amusement.

Y/N: ("Yep. She and Weiss are definitely sisters alright.")

Eventually, the stand owner comes back to give them their food and drinks. After a few moments of eating, Winter speaks up.

Winter: "I wasn't going to just stand there and let that drunk speak ill of General Ironwood."

Y/N: "Come on, Winter. I'm sure he didn't mean anything malicious towards him. I mean, it's Qrow for goodness sake."

Winter: "Well, even still... he shouldn't say those kinds of remarks with that kind of tone. General Ironwood may not be perfect, but he's a good person who does what he can to ensure the kingdom of Atlas' and all other kingdoms' safety. And I, for one, believe in his words and actions. Protecting the kingdoms to the best of my abilities."

Y/N: "Still loyal to a fault, huh."

He said this before taking a bite from his meal.

Winter: "Why wouldn't I be? The general gave me a purpose and a place to belong in the Atlas Military. I have faith in his authority and judgment as both general and headmaster."

She also takes another bite from her meal.

Y/N: "Huh... I knew you were committed to the military and the general but never to this extent."

Winter: "Of course. If it weren't for him, I would have never escaped from my father's hold on me."

That last part catches Y/N's interest and curiosity as he asks.

Y/N: "From your father? Jacques Schnee?"

Winter: "Correct. Haven't Weiss told you about him?"

Y/N: "Well... she doesn't exactly like to bring up her family most of the time."

Winter: "I... see..."

Once again, there's more silence between them as they idly eat and drink until Winter asks.

Winter: "How much do you know about Jacques Schnee?"

This prompts Y/N to think it over what little information he has on him before finally responding.

Y/N: "From what I know, he's the one currently running the SDC, he's the one who made Weiss into the heiress, and that Weiss is using his bank account."

Winter: "So, that's how much you know."

Y/N: "Yeah, why do you ask?"

Winter: "Because... there's a lot of words that describe him... arrogant, snide, callous."

Y/N: "Oh... he's that bad, huh?"

Not a second later, she presses on further.

Winter: "Think of it this way... he's a man concerned with the company's reputation and wealth more than any ethics of a situation or the people close to him... even his own family."

Hearing her words made Y/N quite stunned as he slowly shifted his gaze towards her to his meal and drink.

Y/N: "Wow... well that explains Weiss's behavior. No offense, by the way."

Winter: "It's nothing you should be apologizing for, Y/N. In fact, that role should go towards me."

Y/N: "Why's that?"

With a long sigh, Winter takes a sip of his drink before resuming further.

Winter: "Before being conscripted into the Atlas Military and even before attending Atlas Academy... I was originally supposed to be the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company."

This surprises Y/N, even making him stop from taking another bite from his meal.

Y/N: "What? You were?"

His reaction gets a weak giggle out of the Schnee as she continues.

Winter: "It isn't that surprising. I am the eldest child so, the position was naturally given to me."

Y/N: "So, what was the issue?"

Not a moment later, Winter elaborates further.

Winter: "It wasn't just that. I had to take on the maternal role due to how... dysfunctional my family life was. My mother's... alcoholism... and my father's... 'personality'... I had to be the one to defend my siblings from his wrath, enduring it... always taking care of Weiss... making sure Whitely doesn't do anything to get in trouble... dealing with the pressure of being the heiress..."

Listening to her prolonged remark, Y/N can't help but feel upset and bewildered, thinking that she's almost like Yang in how they play their part as the big sister. But he also now realizes why she and Weiss aren't exactly fond of people boozing alcohol. What also catches his attention is when she says "siblings," meaning Weiss isn't the only sibling she has, but decides to ask her later. Once Winter finishes speaking, Y/N then comments.

Y/N: "Wow... I'm sorry to hear about this... I kinda figure you and Weiss didn't have the best childhood, but... that was horrible."

Winter: "It was... but now I'm no longer the heiress so, I'm done dealing with the pressure and the unreasonable expectations from my father and the people he surrounds himself with."

Y/N: "Because you attended Atlas Academy?"

Winter: "Mm-hm. The moment I attended and graduated from the academy, I was immediately conscripted into the Atlas Military. Since then, I worked my way up to being an Atlas Specialist, working under General Ironwood alongside with the Ace Operatives. As a member of the Atlesian MIlitary's Special Operatives unit. That's when I realize that this is where I belong. Not as a former heiress or a Schnee... just myself."

Almost finishing with his meal, the amazed Y/N replies.

Y/N: "I'm quite surprised your father just let this happen. Didn't he try to stop you or anything like that?"

Before she answers back, Winter takes a couple quick bites from her meal.

Winter: "Oh, he wasn't aware of what I was doing at first."

Y/N: "Hold on, he wasn't?"

Winter: "Let's just say it was a combination of training and practicing underneath his nose, getting into Atlas Academy behind his back, and General Ironwood seeing my potential, backing me up in joining the military."

Y/N: "Man, didn't think you would be this bold to do all of that."

Winter: "I had to be and I'm glad that I did."

Y/N: "Heh, I bet your dad was pretty furious once he realized what you were doing."

This gets a short giggle out of the Schnee as she fully eats her meal.

Winter: "Very much so, yes. But despite this... I can't help but feel... guilty..."

Finishing his own meal, the puzzled Y/N turns to Winter and asks.

Y/N: "Guilty? For what?"

Winter: "Well... it's because of my selfish decisions and ambitions... that I left both Weiss and Whitely under the same roof with our parents."

Y/N: ("So, his name is Whitely.") "I mean, yeah it was your choice to do that, but it's not like you were given any other options."

Winter: "I know it's just... I had to because I felt so trapped and I... I couldn't handle the stress and pressure anymore. I wanted an escape... but also find another purpose for myself and the Atlas Military fits the bill. Despite criticisms over huntsmen being conscripted into the Atlas Military after graduation, I chose to join the military and work under Ironwood."

Y/N: "And you feel like you did that at the expense of your siblings' well-being?"

The Schnee slowly nods in agreement as she resumes.

Winter: "I genuinely do care about Weiss and while Whitely and I don't see eye to eye with certain things and we grew... distant, I still care about him. I worry that he might become like our father with how much he spends his time with him. I sometimes worry that Weiss may come to despise me as I prioritize more on my career and have no room to spend time with her... that I... left her to deal with the pressure and stress that comes with the heiress title... I... I just..."

She then lets out a sigh and goes quiet, staring at her empty plate. Listening to her extended remark, Y/N takes a sip from his drink before glancing over to her and seeing her dishearten expression.

Y/N: "Never knew you had a brother. Then again, Weiss never discusses her family life, aside from you of course."

The only thing he gets from her is a mere glance. Exhaling briefly, Y/N turns his head to fully gaze as the sadden Schnee.

Y/N: "Look, I'm not sure about Whitely since I never even met him, but I can assure you that in spite of your decisions, Weiss still cares and loves you."

Winter: "And what makes you say that?"

Y/N: "Well, from what I saw, Weiss was pretty excited to see your arrival. She even acts all composed and polite towards you because in a way, you're her role model."

Hearing this, Winter is quite bewildered as she turns her head to look at him and replies.

Winter: "Really?"

With a soft smile, Y/N continues speaking.

Y/N: "Yep. Tell me, during your interactions with her, has Weiss ever showed any bitterness towards you in any way?"

Winter: "N-No... none that I'm aware of."

Y/N: "Of course not. You're her older sister. She respects and cares about you. Even if you chose to follow your own path as an Atlas Specialist. I mean, despite her heiress title, Weiss is kinda following her own path as a huntsman to ensure her own safety. So, if anything, she's taken a page out of your book."

The Schnee is left to absorb his words as her demoralized expression begins to fade, her mood getting better. Before she comments, Winter traces small circles on the rim of her glass cup with her finger.

Winter: "So, Weiss was acting like that when we met, huh?"

Y/N: "Like I said, she does what she can to please you because she looks up to you. As an older sister and a role model."

Winter: "Even still... It's quite surprising, though I did have my suspicions."

With a cheeky smirk, Y/N says.

Y/N: "Well, just like you, she's not exactly great at interacting with other people casually."

A bit annoyed and embarrassed by his remark, Winter elbows his arm a little.

Winter: "Oh, shut it, you boob."

Despite this, Y/N just chuckles at her reaction to which Winter slowly joins in. It only lasts for a few moments as they focus their attention on their respective drinks. With a tiny smile, the Schnee talks once more.

Winter: "You know... I'm quite thankful that I was being uneasy over nothing and to speak my mind. I feel a weight is now lifted off my chest."

Delighted to hear this, Y/N comments.

Y/N: "It's nice to have someone to talk about these kinds of things."

Winter: "In that case, I demand to hear some from you, Y/N."

Y/N: "Eh?"

Winter: "Don't 'eh" me. I gave you the whole loadout of my family life and my concerns. Now, it's time for you to do something similar."

Y/N: "Uhm... like what?"

Winter: "Well..."

The Schnee ponders for a moment until a thought pops up.

Winter: "That 'assignment' we did together... what happened between you and those Rogues?"

Recoiling a bit, Y/N tries to counter.

Y/N: "Why didn't you ask them about it?"

The white-haired woman shook her head as she replied.

Winter: "I couldn't. They were either too injured to be interrogated or I didn't have the authority to do so."

There's a moment of silence between them as Winter waits patiently for him to speak up. To which he does eventually with a short sigh.

Y/N: "Those Rogue Huntsmen were mocking... about what it means to be a huntsman... flaunting their power and skills, thinking no one can stop them. Not only that, but they were taunting Qrow and his old team... I guess I let my emotions get the better of me and I just... lash out."

Listening to his words, Winter is stunned, though only shortly as she rests a hand on his shoulder as she speaks in a reassuring tone.

Winter: "Those Rogues are locked behind bars for their crimes. The Atlas Military will ensure that their punishments are severe. So, you have nothing to worry about, Y/N."

Glancing at her, a smile grows on Y/N's face as he nods to her.

Y/N: "Yeah. I guess so. Other than that though, it was thrilling to be on an 'assignment' with you, Winter."

In response, she looked at him with a stern expression.

Winter: "That wasn't a game for us to be fooling around. If we ended up failing at our objective, the consequences would have been dreadful. You should know that."

Y/N, however, idly shrugs it off.

Y/N: "I know. It's just that it was the only time we ever worked together on something, you know?"

Somewhat amused, the white-haired woman answers.

Winter: "Hm, I suppose you're correct. It was interesting to say the least. So, how are your other 'assignments' going for you so far?"

Y/N: "Oh, Ozpin instructed me that I don't have to do them anymore."

Winter: "Is that so? When did this occur?"

Y/N: "Before the Vytal Tournament started."

Winter: "I see. Does it have something to do with the Breach?"

Y/N: "You... could say that."

Winter: "Care to elaborate then?"

And with that, Y/N goes on to explain to her about key moments like his team and him taking on this mission for Ozpin, the modified train they tried to stop, the Grimm and White Fang attacks, and the Atlas Military coming in to suppress the horde. Upon hearing all of this, Winter is quite astonished that Weiss and her team would manage to survive all of that but also reprimands Y/N a little for charging headfirst into danger like that. But Y/N takes in stride as he comments gleefully.

Y/N: "Aww, thanks for worrying about me."

Flustered, Winter shifts her gaze to the side.

Winter: "O-Of course. Your actions were completely thoughtless and reckless. S-So, you shouldn't attempt to do that again."

In response, Y/N chuckles a bit as he just playfully salutes to her.

Y/N: "Yes, ma'am."

Composing herself, Winter goes to take a sip from her drink, which so happens to be whiskey, but she mixes it with green tea. Y/N watches as she pours the whiskey in her green tea, while Winter notices his gaze.

Winter: "What?"

Not a second later, the smiling Y/N comments.

Y/N: "So, Qrow was right. You kinda do drink alcohol."

The Schnee just shrugs off his remark.

Winter: "Every now and then, I do."

Y/N: "Wow, but wait... how old are you exactly?"

This prompts Winter to turn her head to gaze at him intently as she says.

Winter: "It's not appropriate to ask for someone's age."

Y/N: "Ah, in that case, we'll trade each other's age then."

Winter: "Excuse me?"

Despite her temporary confusion, Y/N continues, stating firmly.

Y/N: "Currently, I'm sixteen and a half years old."

He then looks at Winter, waiting patiently for her turn. Seeing this, the Schnee mentally sighs to herself, unsure to feel upset or amused by his antic, but she speaks up anyway.

Winter: "I'm twenty-two. Otherwise, I wouldn't be drinking this."

As she said this, she holds up her glass cup of whiskey for him to see while still holding her cup of green tea.

Y/N: "Figure as much. But still, why mix it with green tea?"

Winter: "I enjoy the flavor."

Y/N: "Ah, don't like the taste of whiskey."

Winter: "Have 'you' try it before?"

Y/N: "Eh, one time. Qrow wanted to see if I could endure drinking alcohol... It didn't end well."

Winter: "Of course it didn't."

Laughing embarrassingly, Y/N scratched the back of his head.

Y/N: "Hehe, yeah. I just spit it out and we never try it again. So... you ever go to a bar or...?"

Winter: "No. I don't want to entertain the thought of running into that sleazy drunk and having him teasing over being there."

Y/N: "Yeah, I can definitely see him doing that. And yet you drink whiskey just like him."

In response to this, a serious expression is plastered on the Schnee's face, placing her hand on her chest as she states clearly.

Winter: "For your information, I don't drink as much as he does. Only moderately. Because if I did, I would be utterly sluggish and wouldn't be able to wield my weapons with both hands."

Y/N: "Ah yes. Almost forgot how ambidextrous you are with your weapons. Hm, must've taken a lot of practice and skills to use two blades proficiently."

Winter: "Same goes for you. Having to wield two pistol-morphing blades in combat."

Y/N: "Well, you got me there."

Taking another sip from her drink, Winter comments.

Winter: "Still, blocking attacks may be something I need to improve on."

Y/N: "Yeah, I would just resort to evading and jumping out of the way."

Winter: "Regardless, it was a lot of effort for me to do, but in the end, it was worth it. If I hadn't trained and practiced, I wouldn't be where I am now."

Viewing her resolute look, Y/N then asks.

Y/N: "Speaking of which, do you plan on ranking up?"

Winter: "Hm?"

He elaborates further.

Y/N: "Like, you want to become like a commander or something like that."

His words make Winter ponder to herself, placing a finger on her chin. Eventually, she turns her attention to Y/N and responds.

Winter: "To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not really sure. I never thought that far ahead since I have my own matter as an Atlas Specialist to attend to."

Y/N: "Ah, I see. Too busy to think about it, huh."

With a tiny smirk, Winter says in response.

Winter: "You could say that. For now, I'm rather secure with where I am."

Y/N: "Yeah. Despite a few issues here and there, I'm also comfortable with just being a Beacon student."

Winter: "Eager for your graduation to arrive?"

Y/N: "Not... really. I mean, graduating from Beacon is fine and all, but... I kinda want to live here in a way."

Hearing this, Winter giggles shortly before suggesting.

Winter: "Why not become a professor here then?"

This just makes Y/N chuckle as he replies.

Y/N: "Hehe, me? A professor? I'm not really sure about that, Winter."

Winter: "Regardless, I can certainly see you as a more well-mannered and responsible instructor than that drunk mentor of yours."

Once he finishes with his drink, a cheeky smirk is plastered on Y/N's face as he remarks.

Y/N: "And I can definitely see you as more hot-headed than people are led to believe behind the stern, militaristic presence you give off. Especially when you drop the dignified demeanor and restraint when feuding with Qrow."

This just makes the white-haired woman pout in response as she snaps back.

Winter: "B-Be quiet, you boob! He takes every chance to tease and provoke me."

In spite of this, Y/N just shrugs.

Y/N: "Hey, I'm just saying how it is, Winter. Besides, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I like that about you..."

Upon hearing this, Winter pauses for a moment, lightly blushing as Y/N continues jokingly.

Y/N: "Even if I always have to step in to stop you and Qrow from brawling every time."

Realizing that he's just teasing her and leaving her in this embarrassed state, Winter retorts back.

Winter: "Mm, yes well... I'm not exactly sure about this relationship you have with my sister."

Her words catches his attention as he glances over to the embarrassed Schnee, pondering to himself momentarily.

Y/N: ("Yeah, I figure she'll bring this up eventually.") "So, what about it?"

Winter: "How did this relationship even happen? Did you confess to her or did she confess to you?"

Y/N: "The second part, actually." ("Of course, she did it with the same aggression towards me.")

Winter: "I... I see."

Y/N gaze upon the embarrassed Schnee, fidgeting on her seat as she asks.

Winter: "I-If you don't mind me asking, but what exactly do you two do together?"

Seeing her expression, Y/N responds as a smile grows on his face.

Y/N: "Ah, we just hold hands and kiss every now and then. Nothing more, nothing less."

Winter: "A-Ah yes, that makes p-perfect sense. You two are still in your teens after all."

Wanting to tease her a bit more, Y/N then asks.

Y/N: "Oh? Were you expecting us to do something more... lewd perhaps?"

In response, Winter's face becomes even more flustered, trying and failing to be calm and composed.

Winter: "N-No! I would never think that!"

Her reaction causes Y/N to chuckle once more as the pouting Schnee bangs his shoulder multiple times for his teasing.

Y/N: "Ow, hey, I'm sorry, okay? You left yourself wide open for me to say that. What did you expect?"

Annoyed, Winter shifts her gaze to the side as she comments.

Winter: "Hmph. And here I thought you weren't the same as Qrow. Can't believe you would say such... shameless things so openly."

The smirking Y/N idly retorts back.

Y/N: "Yeah, I know. Who do you think raised me like this?"

Now flabbergasted and flustered, the slightly blushing Winter delivers a rant about how much of a sleazy drunk Qrow is, wishing he acted more like a proper huntsman, took things more seriously and how it's now starting to influence Y/N. Y/N, meanwhile, just watches this unfold beside him, knowing fully well that she doesn't mean anything malicious towards Qrow. If anything, it's more like she's chastising him, even though he isn't here. After taking the last sip of her drink and before proceeding further in her rant, Winter suddenly gets a scroll call. She goes to take out her scroll and see that it's Ironwood calling her. Leaning forward a bit to see it for himself, Y/N says.

Y/N: "Looks like you're needed."

Not a second later, Winter replies.

Winter: "It would seem so."

As she said this, Winter gets up from her seat and leaves the food stand, but not before pausing in place to glance over to the still seated Y/N.

Winter: "It also seems our discussion about this relationship you have with Weiss will be put on hold for now once I'm done with my business here."

With a bright smile, Y/N then comments.

Y/N: "Then, I'll look forward to it. And you might as well spend time with Weiss while you still have the chance."

Stern and determined, the Schnee states proudly.

Winter: "I plan to. Goodbye for now."

And with that, she begins to leave the fairground. Y/N stares after her, not seeing the smirk on Winter's face. Despite the teasing and embarrassment she gets from Y/N, Winter is quite pleased to have this break, and having a good time chatting with Y/N. She even kind of hoped it lasted longer. Realizing what she's thinking, the slightly blushing Atlas Specialist shakes her head as she goes to answer the scroll call from Ironwood. Once Winter fully leaves the fairground, Y/N slowly gets up from his seat, thanking the stand owner for the meals and drinks before leaving as well. As he does, Y/N is left with his own thoughts as he heads back to the school's dormitory.

Y/N: ("Hm, I wonder what Mercury and Emerald are doing right now. I should go and check up on them.")

(Exchange Student's dormitory)

Mercury and Emerald are assembled in their dorm room with Cinder. Mercury hand Cinder the scroll, showing the footage of Qrow fighting Winter.

Mercury: "Bad hair, used a scythe, and smelled like my dad after a long day. It was him alright."

Cinder shows some visible concern over Qrow's presence in the Vytal Festival, which Emerald becomes aware of.

Emerald: "What do we do?"

Cinder: "Nothing. We stay the course. They have no idea who we are, so we have no reason to worry. Besides, their little fight gives us the extra effort to avoid him at all costs."

She then hands over the scroll to Mercury before picking up her own scroll.

Cinder: "The last of the heavy lifting is being taken care of thanks to our clever little friend."

Her scroll flashes with the Black Queen chess piece. 

Emerald: "Anywhere good?"

Cinder: "You could say that. Go to your rooms. I'll prepare everything for tomorrow."

Emerald: "Yes, ma'am."

Mercury: "Got it."

Cinder continues to go through her scroll and before she leaves the room, she and the other two overhear someone knocking at their door, their eyes widen. They all look at one another until, they hear a familiar voice.

Y/N: "Hello? Emerald? Mercury? Are you there?"

Immediately, Cinder and her two accomplices quietly sigh in relief. Emerald rolling her eyes, thinking that of course, it's him. After a couple of moments, Cinder approach the door, opening it to reveal Y/N. Y/N is surprised to see Cinder.

Y/N: "Oh! Cinder. Didn't expect to see you here."

Cinder gives a smile to him.

Cinder: "Well, I was informing these two that they have some make-up assignments to do."

Y/N: "I see. Well, I was wondering if tomorrow, Emerald and Mercury can hang out with me and my friends. You know, when they're done with their work."

Mercury and Emerald look at each other for a moment before looking back at Y/N.

Emerald: "We would love to, Y/N, but these make-up assignments are really long so, I'm not sure we can." 

Y/N: "Oh, okay then. Another day, right?"

Mercury: "We'll think about it."

Y/N: "Sure thing."

Cinder: "Well, if that's what you're here for then, it's time for you to go, Y/N. They'll be busy tomorrow, right you two?"

Both Mercury and Emerald nod in agreement. Slightly pushing Y/N aside, Cinder close door in front of them.

Y/N: "Darn. I thought we can hang out some more."

Cinder proceeds to giggle over his remark.

Cinder: "Sorry about that. They a bunch of work that need to be done since they couldn't do it at Haven."

Y/N: "Alright then."

Seeing Y/N genuinely upset makes Cinder giggle quietly as she slowly approaches him. 

Cinder: "Oh, I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances, Y/N."

She then presses him against the wall, much to Y/N's surprise.

Y/N: "Cinder?"

Cinder smirk at him as she continues speaking.

Cinder: "You want to go out with me?"

Y/N: "W-What?"

Only for the smirking Cinder to lean away from him.

Cinder: "Just kidding."

Y/N: "Huh?"

Cinder: "As much as I love to, I got some paperwork that need to be done."

Y/N: "Ah, right. Teacher work."

Cinder: "Oh, are you disappointed?"

Y/N: "Well... maybe a little."

Cinder: "Hm, some other time, okay?"

Y/N: "Sure."

Soon enough, the smiling Y/N wave goodbye to Cinder before walking off to his dorm room. Once he's out of sight, Cinder sigh to herself that she has do something else later that night, the so-called "paperwork" she need to do.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

32.9K 329 19
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who graduated from Atlas Academy. His team had gotten killed on a Search and Destroy mission and he was the only one who...
156K 3.5K 71
he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any pictures in this fanfiction)
209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
2.1K 12 5
This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it.