HOMBRE HERMOSO SERIES 1: THE...

Od BiskyJean14

Synopsis Mia finds out that her boss, Mateo Dela Cruz is sterile and could no longer have an heir to his mult... Více

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The News
Chapter 2 - The Boss
Chapter 3 - The Secretary
Chapter 4 - The Guest
Chapter 5 - The Episode
Chapter 6 - The Day-Off
Chapter 7 - The New Friend
Chapter 8 - The Blueberry Cheesecake
Chapter 9 - The Cake Thief
Chapter 10 - The Delivery
Chapter 11 - The Midnight Snack
Chapter 12 - The Confrontation
Chapter 13 - The Deal
Chapter 15 - The Trip To Barcelona
Chapter 16 - The Party and the Acceptance
Chapter 17 - The Stowaway
Chapter 18 - The Package
Chapter 19 - The Kiss and Cry
Chapter 20 - The Arrival
Chapter 21 - The Arrival 2
Chapter 22 - The Ride
Chapter 23 - The Arrival 3
Chapter 24 - The Arrival 4
Chapter 25 - The Rejected
Chapter 26 - The Siblings
Chapter 27 - The Results
Chapter 28 - The Canopy Bed
Chapter 29 - The Shower
Chapter 30 - The Shop
Chapter 31 - The Surprise
Chapter 32 - The Rink
Chapter 33 - The Dance
Chapter 34 - The Love
Epilogue

Chapter 14 - The Return

3.2K 108 0
Od BiskyJean14

CHAPTER 14 – THE RETURN

THE TEEWS didn't seem to be very busy today. And it is the perfect day to spend her day off.

Ever since Mateo left for the business trip, she would spend her day offs on her favourite spot in the café, drinking her ice tea and indulging herself in her blueberry cheesecake.

The bell on the door of the café rang which caught Mia's attention. And a grinning Viane came through the door.

"Mia! Long time no see..." Viane greeted her. Obviously exited to see her after a while. "Ohhh... And loo how big your tummy is..." She exclaimed.

Mia patted her tummy lightly. "Yep...There's a growing big boy right here."

Viane gasped. "It's a boy?!"

She chuckled at her assumption. "No...I haven't really asked my doctor for the gender but... I was hoping that it's a boy."

Viane clapped excitingly before taking the chair in front of her and called out the waitress to order something.

She was really thrilled to see Viane today. They didn't contact each other at all ever since they met. Well, she did try but Viane didn't answer her calls... Maybe she was afraid that Tsukki might be around.

Mia's eyebrows furrowed upon seeing Viane crane her neck like she was peering on somewhere. She chuckled a little upon guessing the reason for it.

"Don't worry Viane, Tsukki's not here. And he's not gonna have a surprise visit with us today." She assured her.

"Uhm... I'm not looking for Mateo...well...maybe a little... but there's also something else I'm worried about. Anyway, how far along are you?"

"I'm in my fifth month now and still growing." She proudly said. "Now, what were you so worried about earlier?"

Viane bit her lower lip, probably feeling a bit anxious to whether tell her or not.

"Uhm...these days, I have a feeling that I am being followed. " She whispered.

'Oh...' Then Tsukki instantly popped in Mia's mind. She could already imagine him wearing his detective costume while following Viane around New York. That thought was really funny but...'I just hope he would not really go with his plan.'

"Ahhh... then you should always bring with yourself a pig can of pepper spray just in case... and..." She isn't sure if she would advise Viane to as the police for help since she has an idea who it is and she doesn't want that 'who' to go in the hands of the police... But just to make sure that she really is safe...

"...and you should go ask the police department for some protection... So they could patrol around the area."

"Wouldn't that bother them? I mean, I'm not even sure if I'm being stalked or what...like, who would even stalk on a simple flower shop owner."

'Ah...So Viane doesn't now that she's a walking angel.'

"Well... hey, anyone could be followed nowadays, and besides, taking precautionary measures are always the best... believe me."

Viane nodded agreeing with her. "Alright, maybe I'll do that...now, enough about me... What about you? Did you tell the daddy of your baby yet?"

Mia blew a loud breath. "I did...but... It's complicated..." She said and stuffed her mouth with a big chunk of her cheesecake.

"How is it complicated?" Viane asked as she sipped her coffee.

"Uhm... I can't...really tell you about it..." She apologetically said.

She can't just tell her that Mateo has been denying her baby for months now.

"Oh it's all right, I totally respect privacy. Anywho, thanks for introducing me to this place. It became by leisure place you now. This is where I spend my rest days now."

"Really? I'm glad to hear that. Then, this is going to be our hang out place then..." She laughed. "Oh, and I'll make sure it's Tsukki free..."

Viane smiled thankfully at her. "Thanks."

'Sorry Tsukki...'

MIA WAS humming one of her favourite songs as she scans for cute baby things in the department store of a mall. She was all smiles upon looking at the cute baby gloves, shirts, and those tiny little shoes that she imagines being worn by her baby.

She can't wait for her baby to try everything on.

She was presently in a line to pay for her purchases when she saw a familiar figure in a boutique just across the store where she's currently in. She arranged her glasses to take a good look.

And she could've been more right when she realizes that it was Mateo. 'So he's bac already?' He did not tell anything about him returning today. She thought that he was supposed to be back next week.

And it looks like he brought someone with him. He was with a woman. A woman that's really familiar to her.

She wanted to follow them after she's done paying. However that would be too nosy of her. And she doesn't want to get on Mateo's bad sad now that he's just came back. So she decided not to.

But as the woman turned her face to her direction as she happily chats with Mateo, it gave Mia a better view of who the woman is...

Sydney Linden.

Mateo's bestfriend.

And as far as she could remember, Mateo's first love.

BACK IN college, when she was still stalking on Mateo... she would always see the two of them hanging out together almost every day. They were both in the same department, business administration, as they were both studying on how to handle their family businesses.

She was in the same department as well but, she was in a different year so their schedules never coincide.

But Sydney and Mateo grew up together. They have the same age, the same family background, the same society and the same destinations their going to be. They both have the looks, the riches, the brains... they are perfect for each other.

Unlike her who is a simple average, ordinary university student who got to the university through a scholarship. And is living through working as a student. She never imagined herself to fit in in their circle, in his circle. But it didn't stop her from wishing that she might...someday, fit in to his life.

But seeing them together...again, made her feel really insecure about herself... And whenever she sees them together hanging out together, jealousy would always fill her system. The way they talk together, and laugh with each other, they would always look so good for each other.

Thus, with a soft sad smile on her face, she left the two alone and continued strolling around the mall. Today is the day that she lent specifically to shop for her baby... She should not think of anything else... 'If I can...'

MIA IS the type of person that does not usually want get satisfied with material things. She is easily contented with what she already has at her hands. But seeing Mateo enjoy his conversation with his bestfriend, she could not help but wish that she was in the shoes of Sydney Linden, having everything. Just so she could have that really comfortable convo with the man she's been yearning for.

"Mia, would you get us some coffees please..." Mateo instructed her after she reviewed her schedule for today.

"Yes sir." She answered before proceeding to his office pantry. She wanted to put the sticky note again, be she chose not to.

She returned with two smoking cup of coffees in the tray and placed them in the centre table where the two of them chat.

Mateo took a sip as she continued to stand there beside him, waiting for his instructions.

"So, Mateo... I heard that Aunt Luciana is having their anniversary in Barcelona this year... are you going this time?" Sydney asked, starting another topic.

That made Mia remember the kind couple's upcoming wedding anniversary. She was yearly invited, but she would also yearly decline because Mateo doesn't want to attend.

"Apparently, even if I wouldn't want to, I have to... Mom wants me not to miss it this year." He blew a pressured breathe. "That's why they want me to visit them in Spain, to make sure that I would have any excuses... Dad said that he would pull out his investments in the company if I wouldn't attend... And I know he's probably joking, but since it's about mom, he won't really kid about it."

"Yeah, you know how much your dad loves your mom... And I hope you'll be like that someday..." Sydney said.

'I hope so too...' Mia thought.

"Uhm... so Mateo, I can see that your secretary is pregnant..." Sydney trailed. Mia thought that she would be a very awkward topic. "Why is she still working? Shouldn't she already take a maternity leave? I'm sure your company is really generous regarding this conditions."

"Uhmmm..."

It seemed that Mateo is having a hard time creating a very simple explanation for their guest, so she answered the question for him.

"Well ma'am, If I may speak... I was the one who ask Sir Dela Cruz if I could still work because I don't want to stay at home and do nothing at all... Besides, it's also an exercise working here every day." She defended.

Sydney's expression looked dismayed and scrunched up.

Mia gave Sydney an assuring smile. "Thank you for your concern but I'm pretty sure I can handle myself just fine." She said then patted her slightly bulging lightly.

Sydney returned an awkward smile and faced Mateo again.

Everything was silent for a minute until it was replaced by the sound of Mateo's phone ringing. He took it and excused himself to take the call outside of his office, leaving her and Sydney in the atmosphere called 'awkwardness.'

"So Mia, are you married?" She asked while glancing at her stomach.

"No..." 'My boss slash your bestfriend got me preggy.' As if she'd want to say that. "It was a one night stand...i-in a bar..."

Sydney would've followed up a question when Mateo came back in the office.

"So Mateo, who called?" Sydney queried.

Mateo puts his phone in his pocket. "It was mom...threatening me again to come to their anniversary party... and Mia, mom wants you to come too."

Mia bit her lower lip. She wants to badly decline...Mrs. Dela Cruz might have a lot questions when she sees her tummy. But she was very close to the kind woman, and she was like a mother to her.

"Uhm, sir...can I decline that offer?"

"Unfortunately, you can't. Mom insists."

"Uhm---." She was about to decline further when her own phone rang. She saw who the caller is.

"It seems like mom really wants you to come..." He said referring to her ringing phone.

She sighed...As much as she wants not to come, it looks like she doesn't have any choices.

She excused herself to the pair and took the call in her cubicle.

She went inside Mateo's office where Mateo is now on his office table, looking so handsome as he drinks his coffee.

"I just came to check if you need anything...sir." She said.

"No thank you...I'll just call you if I have any."

She nodded and immediately stuck the sticky note she made earlier saying 'Have a nice day, Daddy...' in his coffee mug before hurriedly leaving his office and continue working in her cubicle before she could see his annoyed face.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

115K 4.2K 47
"That means you're coming with me too then." He groans, bringing a hand up to his forehead and rubbing it in exasperation. "Excuse me?" My chest puff...
777K 21.1K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
936 28 10
"Your body belongs to me, Kitten." He rasped out, cold index finger reaching out to trace over my fluttering pulse. I took an hesitant step backwards...
168K 5.3K 16
" Were you ever going to tell me that you had the kid?" I might've changed my mind if I would've known you had her."Dylan said to me as if this whole...