THE COLD WAR (Daryl Dixon)

Από Cherrypop455

Julianna Wilson always had it rough ever since her mothers passing, men forcing themselves on her, Julia's gr... Περισσότερα

SEASON ONE | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER ONE: LIFE IS A HIGHWAY
CHAPTER THREE: DEPARTMENT STORE
CHAPTER FOUR: GETTING THE BAND TOGETHER
CHAPTER FIVE: MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CHAPTER SIX: OLD GEEZERS
CHAPTER SEVEN: MAKING PLANS
CHAPTER EIGHT: DRUNK IN THE PAST
CHAPTER NINE: MEN ARE THE MONSTERS
CHAPTER TEN: DECONTAMINATION
CHAPTER ELEVEN: ESCAPING DEATH
SEASON TWO | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER ONE: THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
CHAPTER TWO: MOTHERLY ADVICE
CHAPTER THREE: SEARCHING AND BITCHING
CHAPTER FOUR: THE DAY GETS WORSE
CHAPTER FIVE: A BUMP IN THE NIGHT
CHAPTER SIX: MEETING OLD MCDONALD
CHAPTER SEVEN: HORSE BACK RIDING
CHAPTER EIGHT: HAUNTED
CHAPTER NINE: DINNER PARTY
CHAPTER TEN: CRAZY PILLS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE BARN IS FULL OF WALKERS
CHAPTER TWELVE: PEOPLE ARE NOT WHO YOU THINK
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TWO IDIOTS WALK IN A BAR
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: TAKING NAMES AND KICKING ASS
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: STEALING LOOKS
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: JUDGING MORE THAN JUDY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: LOSING THE FARM
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: SHANE WAS EVIL
SEASON THREE | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER ONE: FINDING HOME
CHAPTER TWO: INDEPENDENT WOMAN
CHAPTER THREE: THE INNOCENT
CHAPTER FOUR: THE TRUTH IS OUT
CHAPTER FIVE: ANDREAS IN WOODBURY
CHAPTER SIX: THE DELIVERY
CHAPTER SEVEN: ALONE TIME
CHAPTER EIGHT: STRANGE BEHAVIOR
CHAPTER NINE: FUCK A CORPSE
CHAPTER TEN: TORTURED SOULS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: REUNITED
CHAPTER TWELVE: DONT COME BACK
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PARANOIA AND GLARES
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: JULIAS NOT THE ONLY NUTCASE

CHAPTER TWO: DOWN TO THE QUARRY

3.5K 102 32
Από Cherrypop455

.
.
.
.
.
.

Julia didn't speak for an entire week.

She was put on laundry duty but so were a lot of the other women, Julia found it sexist but she kept her mouth shut for the time being. Her grandmother raised her from a young age to do work like this, tedious cleaning work. In her eyes it was the woman's role but in Julia's it was men being lazy sacks of shit.

Using woman as their personal maids.

Raya soon was playing with the other kids but she always came and sat next to Julia the moment her father left. Whenever he was around Raya avoided Julia letting the woman know he probably told Raya to stay away.

Julia agreed with him. Nothing good could ever last for Julia, she'd seen proof of that her whole life. It would be better for the girl to stay away then get dragged into Julia's bad juju.

Especially when the girl went on tangents that Julia hardly understood. Half the time it was asking questions that went unanswered but sometimes the girl spoke of people and things Julia had never heard of. Like some cartoon dog that the seven year old used to watch day in and day out.

It also didn't help that Lori grimes would watch Julia like a hawk muttering loudly for her distrust on the mute girl. She said the woman's silence was eerie and creepy.

Merle Dixon found it quite the opposite he found it intriguing and flirted with her more then he did the other women.

He got the same result each time where Julia wouldn't speak but keep her eyes on him. He knew if he touched her that would make her talk but that also would get a sword to his throat again.

His brother Daryl stayed silent throughout the whole exchange but Julia could feel him staring from time to time.

For some reason people avoided the brothers and not her despite her lack in conversation the other women tried really hard to get her to open up. During laundry they would mention the usual of men, kids, their old lives, some even tried mentioning sex to Julia.

Tried to joke about it.

The girl didn't find the topic too amusing in fact most times she'd walk away or face her back more to them.

The women even tried to offer her clothes since the Georgia heat had her sweating buckets but the girl shook her head and kept using her long sleeves. Sometimes she'd wear shorts but- that's because she didn't have anything to hide on her legs....

Her arms still had signs of needle marks and bruising but they were getting a little faint now. And- the scar on Julia's back was branded right between her shoulders. She couldn't wear tank tops.

It was a rather nasty scar. But- it wasn't just from a wound or an accident. No- this was purposely carved into her skin by her religious grandmother.

'WHORE'

It's a long story why she got it but- Julia only ever had time to think of the past. Whether it was in her dreams or in quick flashes throughout the day. Without the usual drugs Julia had to try and rely on something else to keep her busy so she tended to work around camp.

"Alright look I don't know what you've been through but- ya gotta start talkin even if it's bullshit. Your making people feel uneasy." Shane says while everyone's around their respected fire places except for Julia who was back against the wheel of the RV.

She still hadn't moved into a tent, that's where she slept, ate and hung out once she did all the possible work she could.

"I'm mindin my business like they should mind theirs." The girls says while roughly biting into a squirrel leg that the Dixon brothers or Rayas dad caught.

Apparently the Dixon brothers didn't hunt with the man anymore. Said he was bad at it and it nearly caused a scuffle until Shane said they could hunt separately.

"Look I don't think I'm asking for much darlin so- just come and eat by us you don't even have to talk." Shane says again but the girl didn't like men pushing.

She could make her own decisions.

"I said I'm mindin my own business so- no thank you." Her voice was cold and dark showing she wouldn't voluntarily move making Shane grunt shaking his head and go back to Lori and Carls sides.

The group asked him something probably asking what she'd said. He gave a brief explanation that she would rather eat alone and everyone nodded glancing at her wearily.

Julia didn't care.

Let them stare all they want but once the government told them what's next or the next safe spot she'd be far away from them anyway and wouldn't need to rely on any of them.

"Sugar ain't it a little cold? Need to get warmed up?" Merle says walking up to her and crouching down in front of her with a shit eating grin.

It was the coldest night since the city was bombed but Julia didn't mind. She got a blanket from someone and wrapped up in it by the Ev tire.

Julia didn't answer him instead she glared and bit aggressively into the squirrel leg.

"Look here- us outcasts... we need to stick together is all. Me and my brother we've discussed it and you could be a valuable asset to us." Merle says it nonchalantly but Julia knew better. There was a catch. Always a catch with men.

"We let you into our tent, we get extra food that we caught so the others can't say nothin, we got some fun stuff over there too. I seen you shakin this past week and it ain't from the cold." He says knowingly quirking a brow.

He knew when someone was sobering up.

"Now to get it all ya gotta do is come to our campsite. And- well what happens from there that's completely on you." He says with sickly sweet smile that the bile in Julia's stomach burn.

"Get the fuck away from me." She whispers roughly as she finished the food and waited for him to do something. One wrong move and she'd be knocking him on his ass and stabbing him. His brother could shoot her in the skull for all she cared she didn't have anything to live for.

"SHE SPEAKS!" Merle cheers loudly making some glance over weary. Shane had been watching the whole thing and was slowly standing to make his way over.

Daryl stood a good few feet away he must have followed his brother up to the girl. But he didn't get close enough to hear their words or join in conversation.

His eyes stared at Julia blankly.

"Now come on sugar tits. I could show you a hell of a time." Merle says with a grin that makes Julia glare more.

Slowly she stood shoulders back and he went to a stand with her the two staring each other down.

"I'm warning you- get. Away. From me." Julia tries to show her seriousness but the man just stares at her amused. What could a small feeble woman like her do to him? A man.

"I'm not being mean here sugar I just thought you'd like the presence of a man protectin ya is all. No harm done." He says slowly backing away as if he was leaving but Julia eyed him more as he goes to walk past her but his hand goes to touch her ass and almost immediately she had swept his leg out and climbed on top of him.

Julia's fist began to pummel his face over and over again as he tried to push her off. She could faintly make out peoples yells but she kept punching until someone was grabbing her and dragging her off the redneck.

He was bloody.

Still recognizable sadly but the girl couldn't even marvel her work because a man had her wrapped in their arms as they pulled her away from the scene.

"LET GO OF ME! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!" She screamed bloody murder as the person held her she thrashed around like a wild animal and she still couldn't see who grabbed her.

She couldn't calm enough to see it was in fact Shane Walsh as Daryl checked on his brother who laughed it off but he looked angry in his eyes. He just got his ass kicked by a woman.

Daryl didn't blame Julia though he began to tell his brother it was his own damn fault and to leave the crazy chick alone.

"STOP TOUCHING ME! STOP IT!" Julia kept yelling and thrashing making people stare as she pants heavily beginning to sweat as she kept fighting the hold he had her in.

"Shane-... let her go." Dale says in a knowing voice as the two men seemed to catch onto something at the same time. Shane a cop and Dale an experienced older gentleman realized the girls hatred for touch.

Shane let the girl go and she turned around a baring her teeth at him pushing him harsh in the chest with a glare. "Don't ever put your hands on me again or I swear I'll fucking cut your skin off and wear it asshole." Julia sneers and turns away from him as he just stares at the ground. Dale watched her walk past him and into the woods.

She needed space from them. She felt disgusted knowing they had touched her skin. She hadn't bathed in the quarry yet like the others because she didn't want the person on watch to see her nude.

Dale tried to tell her he would make sure no one went down there but Julia didn't trust any man let alone older men.

She had her reasons.

By the time Julia came back most were in bed except Dale who was on watch, a worried Shane, and Jim who looked concerned.

Julia stayed quiet as she passed them all and got back to her Rv tire laying down on her side with her sword in hand blankly staring ahead.

The men could be heard whispering and their stares could be felt in her body.

Julia's hand tightened on her sword wondering if they were about to all three attack her. She would scream again, she would fight but would anyone come save the crazy woman?

Jim went into the Rv giving Julia a glance, Dale changed with Shane to go to bed and also stared at Julia. Unlike Jim he didn't keep walking he slowly came to sit next to her and the girl sat up straight and stared at him.

"Did you know that this Rv- it used to take me and my wife everywhere. I couldn't part with it so- that's why I took this instead of my truck. This thing has way more problems then the truck but- I kept it. For her. Memories ya know they make us what we are and I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to it. To her." He explains as Julia eyes him weary still but her chest did hurt for the older man.

He seemed nice but- she didn't want to let her guard down around any man.

"She died before all this, cancer. I think it was a blessing in disguise after seeing all these dead people walking around. Would have been harder losing her this way. I- I'm talking to you about this because I noticed what happened earlier. When Shane grabbed you-" as he says the last phrase Julia goes rigid by reflex making the older man eye her.

"I just thought- maybe if your having certain memories plague you maybe- you'd like someone to talk about it with. I'll share stuff on me too it's not a one sided road. But at the same time- I understand maybe why I'm not the person you'd wanna talk to about that sort of stuff.  But the other women I'm sure they'd understand and listen." Dale says while staring at the girl who stares at her combat boots blankly.

Reliving something.

"You can trust me."

Julia's pulled from her thoughts and sighs squeezing her eyes shut tight. "Thanks Dale but- I don't know if I'm ready." The girl whispers making Dale smile softly that he finally got the girl to talk to him but he wished it wasn't about something so terrible.

"That's okay. If you ever are ready I'm just saying I'm here. I'll listen. I also wanted to let you know if you wanna bathe in the quarry you can wear your clothes or something and I'll keep watch." Dale informs again making the girl glance at him and despite all foundations she had built to not trust man she looked at him and nodded.

It was late at night so Julia didn't take long and she did keep all her clothes on. But she changed into dry ones in the Rv for the first time all week. The clothes still covered her head to toe but they were cleaner.

And Dale tried to offer for her to stay in the Rv too but that was pushing it making Julia go right back outside and by the front tire.

Julia sat outside in her thoughts at first Shane could be felt staring from the top of the Rv. Probably had eavesdropped but he knew better then to admit it.

As he kept watch he noticed a line figure walking up to Julia making him narrow his eyes before recognizing the Dixon brother.

Daryl.

"You ever put your hands on my brother again I'll shoot ya." He says to the girl making her stare at him and blink slowly. "And if your brother ever touches her again I'll shoot him." Shane says while perched on the Rv making Julia want to smile smugly.

But she didn't smile at the Dixon instead she assessed him.

"Whatever." Daryl huffs and he walks past them and to the quarry, seems he too wanted a late shower.

Julia huffed to herself after that and laid down wrapping herself up in her blanket that had been hidden beneath the Rv. She curls into herself sword hidden under the blanket.

By the time Daryl was done bathing he walked up and was about to go to his tent when he noticed Julia asleep. Her sword tightly held in hand and her back firmly pressed to the tire.

He watched her for a moment before shaking his head and going to his tent.

She was just a crazy woman.

___________________________________

"Why did you hit Mr Dixon Ms Julia." Raya asks coming and sitting next to the girl who had been eating lunch. More squirrel.

"Because he deserved it." Julia says quietly continuing to stuff her face as the girl stares at her confused. "Why? What did he do?" She asks and Julia side eyes her to the seven year old clutching a stuffed teddy bear still.

"Because I told him not to touch me and he did it anyway." Julia admits in a cold tone making the girl look away with furrowed brows and a pout.

"Why did he do it anyway?" She asks confused as Julia shrugs.

"Men are stupid." She explains simply making the girl nod slowly as if she understood when she didn't.

"My daddy says your just crazy." Raya admits making Julia nod maybe that would keep the girl away from her. "I am." Julia says calmly as Raya laughs shaking her head. "No your not you don't talk to yourself or nothin. I used to watch this show called..." and there came the rant of a cartoon Julia didn't know existed.

The little girl laughed animatedly as she told Julia about the show and some character that was off his rocker.

As the little girl talked Julia felt a small smile quirk at her lip as the girl laughed hard and clutched her stomach. She looked over to Julia and seeing the smile it made her smile even bigger.

"Isn't that funny?" She asks breathless after she finally stopped laughing Julia hadn't said a thing.

"Yeah. It's funny." Julia mutters making the little girl smile and stand brushing herself off. "Ms. Lori wants us to do school work. Bye Ms. Julia." Raya says while rushing to Lori who stands with her hands on her hips watching over the kids. Her eyes stare Julia down.

After getting the kids started Lori walks up to Julia looking uneasy making Julia sigh knowing what was coming.

"You shouldn't talk to her." Lori states making Julia shrug and look unbothered. "She talks to me I hardly talk back." Julia calmly says as Lori narrows her eyes on her more.

"You talked to her today but that's not the point, stay away from the kids.... You stay away from my son." She tells Julia with a glare making Julia lift her brow and smirk

"Again I say they talk to me I don't talk to them. Maybe tell them not to speak to strangers. It's not my job to parent your guys kids ma'am." Julia spat making Lori look angrier at both the words and nickname. She was not old enough to be a ma'am yet in her opinion.

"You better watch that tone young lady." Lori sneers turning to leave as Julia scoffs knowing she simply did it over the ma'am comment.

"Whatever you say ma'am." She calls after Lori who theses but keeps walking away making Julia smirk victoriously.

Julia didn't even seem to notice that she was talking more, usually when someone spoke to her she stayed mute.

Something was changing with this group.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

314K 9.3K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖�...
7K 137 50
after a fight one night your life fall apart, he said you weren't good enough. Year after that night you were watching the news and the shit was hit...
66K 1.1K 40
{FINISHED} The last thing Keeley Salazar could remember was her parents arguing in the car before they crashed. Now three years have passed and a lo...
49.3K 2.8K 20
❝𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝❞ ― In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a g...