beyond the Truth [Re-editing]

By rouh-lee_stories

the VILLAIN plays the VICTIM so well ..... More

•BEYOND the TRUTH•
• ONE •
• TWO •
• THREE •
• FOUR •
• FIVE •
•SIX•
•SEVEEN•
•EIGHT•
•NINE•
•TEN•
•TWELVE•
•THIRTEEN•
•FOURTEEN•
•FIFTEEN•
•SIXTEEN•
•SEVENTEEN•
•EIGHTEEN

•ELEVEN•

140 11 14
By rouh-lee_stories

- after a while -
- C.K.B office -

Everyone was sitting on their desks disappointedly looking at each other. "There's no way she really did it right?"

Hyein asked grabbing everyone's attention. "Ugh__ of course not, she could never do that, that's just a misunderstanding, she'll be out soon"

Jungwon replied and Hyein nodded in relief. "Uggh___ i'm really going crazy, she must feel like shit right now, i'm worried about her"

Hanni said slamming her head on the table with a worried tone. "But shouldn't we at least hire a lawyer for her or something?" Hyein asked again looking at them waiting for an answer. "We already tried but she said she don't need one, she said she didn't do anything and everyone will know that truth in the end"

Riwoo answered grabbing their attention, suddenly they all looked at Sunghoon's office door that just opened revealing him. "What are you guys doing? Why aren't you working? Look, i understand that you're worried about Dani but we can't do anything,you heard the police" Sunghoon said and they all nodded going back to work. "Excuse me" Sunghoon and the others looked at the elevator that just opened revealing two boys and a girl after they heard an unfamiliar voice.

" OPPA___! " Hyein and Hanni said in the same time making everyone look at them with a confused look, even them looked at each other with a confused one. "Yo__y'all know each other?" Riwoo asked pointing at the girls and the other three standing in front of the elevator."Th___ that's my boyfriend" Hanni replied pointing at Jake , and he raised his hand grabbing everyone's attention. "I'm the boyfriend" He said then everyone looked at Hyein waiting for an explanation. "He's my cousin" She said and everyone looked at Jake again but he held his hand pointing at Beomgyu.

"Anyouheseyou, Detective Choi Beomgyu from seoul Police station and this is my assistant Kim Minji, we would like to ask the CEO some questions please!?" Beomgyu said taking out his ID and stepping closer showing it to Sunghoon. "That's me , please follow me to my office" Sunghoon said and Beomgyu nodded, Sunghoon walked towards his office but before Beomgyu start walking he looked at Minji. "You take care of them" Beomgyu said pointing at the others and she nodded .

- after a while -
- Sunghoon office -

"You must be here because of Danielle's case right?" Sunghoon said sitting on his desk looking at Beomgyu who was sitting on the couch facing him. "No, i mean obviously i'm here for that but i actually wanna talk with you about something else" He replied and Sunghoon nodded."Sure, i'm all ears" Sunghoon said and Beomgyu took out a small piece of paper from his pocket and put it on the desk. " I assume that It's you number am i right?" Beomgyu asked making Sunghoon look at the paper for a while then nodded when he recognized the number.

"Yes it is mine, my personal number, how did you got this?" Sunghoon answered then asked confusedly. "i wish if you can just answer my question i'm not here to answer yours" Beomgyu said and Sunghoon nodded again. "Yeah, sure sorry" Sunghoon said resting his back at the chair, Gyu took out a picture of a girl, Kim Ji-Na and put it on the table again and Sunghoon held it. "Do you by any chance know this lady?" Beomgyu asked and Sunghoon nodded. "Yeah, i mean we've met only few times" Sunghoon replied. "May i ask why?" Beomgyu asked. "Umm, well that's kinda hard, I can't just give this informations" Sunghoon apologized. "Mr Park , i'm not here to ask for informations, i'm here to investigate in a murder, this girl is dead, and we suspect your cousin" Beomgyu said with a cold tone but he seem he started to get pissed. "We also found your number in her call log, so if you don't want me to arrest you as a suspect, answer the God-damned questions" Beomgyu added with kinda serious and pissed tone, Sunghoon released a sigh then started talking again.

"This girl used to be our fink, you know that she've been working in the Busan police station as a cleaner, she was the one who used to give Karina the informations" Sunghoon said. "After he have been proved innocent, Danielle went on hiatus, she kept coming here looking for her for four days, then i gave her my number and she kept calling me saying that she's in danger, but when i go to her house i find her all alright so i just stopped answering the phone" Sunghoon added explaining. "She said she's in danger?" Beomgyu asked. "Yes, she said that someone have been following her around and she was scared he would hurt her" Sunghoon replied. "So you stopped answering her calles instead if telling the police?" Beomgyu asked and Sunghoon released a guilty sigh.

"I Know i did the wrong thing, i should've told the police, i should've believed her, but— since she kept calling me instead of the police, she had a reason that forced her not to involve you guys, don't you think!?" Sunghoon said, "ugh—i wish i can say sorry but i thunk it's too late now" Sunghoon added with a guilty and sad face. "You're right it's too late to apology but it's never too late to make whoever did pay, thanks for answering the question, call me if you remembered anything" Beomgyu said then he add putting the paper and the picture in his pocket again and standing up."Anytime" Sunghoon said standing up also, Beomgyu turned back and walked toward the door but he stopped when Sunghoon talked again.

"Detective Choi___!?" Sunghoon called. "she didn't do it right? Danielle is innocent" Sunghoon asked. "I wish i can answer that now" Beomgyu replied with a cold and a serious tone then he walked out to find Minji standing there waiting for him. "Found anything?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah, one of the employees here said that she saw Kim Ji-na and Kim Jihey arguing about something outside the building" Minji replied as he started walking towards the elevator and her walking beside him. "Any idea what they were talking about?" He asked. "(Stop spelling my brother's name with your filthy mouth, my brother would never do that)" Minji replied making him stop walking and look at her, she also stopped faced him crossing her arms. "apparently that's what Kim Jihey was telling the victim, well actually kinda yelling" Minji added nodding with the last sentence. "Let's ask if we can find any CCTV about tha___" He said looking around for cameras but he stopped when she took out a memory card from her pocket and showed it to him. "I already got it" She said and he smiled with an impressed look and she smiled back handing him the memory card then they both started walking towards the elevator.

After few seconds they went out the building walking towards his car when they heard someone calling. "Detective-nim__!!" Minji and beomgyu stopped walking and turned back to see a girl with black hair running approaching them. "I was wondering if i can ask you something!!?" Hanni said as she stopped running in front of them, He looked at minji and she just nodded. "I'll wait in the car" Minji said walking away leaving them, Beomgyu looked again at Hanni waiting for her to start speaking. "I was just___ are you going to let her go? I mean Jihey" Hanni asked with a concerned tone.

"That will happen only if we found a convincing alibi and that's what i'm working on right now" Beomgyu answered with a serious tone. "But you don't believe that right? I heard that you were Hyoun-soo's best friend, Danielle is not that kind of person, she might be rude sometimes but she really wouldn't do that, i'm sure she's innocent"Hanni said and he scoffed looking down for a while then back up at her. "first of all, what i believe in doesn't matter at all, second this case and Lee Hyoun-soo's case are totally different cases, being her brother's friend is not important , that's not how it works" He replied and she just looked down with a disappointed face. "We don't judge people from the personality they show to others, we are capable of knowing what they're thinking of, and last only the court can prove her innocence, not me, not you, not anyone" He added. "You might get me wrong but i'll tell you anyways, i don't see Jihey as a normal person, she have been through allot of things in her life, terrible things, things you can't even imagine, but she's still holding up" Hanni said looking back up at him. "even if she was the one who did it, even if she wasn't innocent after all, you can't blame her, what she have been through no one her age could handle, monsters are not born detective Choi, monster are made, if we have to blame anyone or anything, we should blame the circumstances that made her do this" Hanni added. "You're right, monsters are made, but there's no reason on earth that allows you to take other's lives, everyone have the right to live, hard circumstances is not an excuse for me" He said putting his two hands in his pockets.

"Can i ask you a favor then?" Hanni asked and he just kept looking at her without saying anything. "Can you at least pretend that you believe her? At least there'll be someone who really trust her this time, thanks anyways, i'll call you if i remember anything" She added then thanked him bowing a little then she started walking back inside the building.

** To be
Continued**

Words : 1645

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 6.1K 31
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐖𝐞𝐢 𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐞...
14.2K 1.7K 38
Suspense Thriller RomCom Combined....
12.8K 392 19
She's a psychopath, it's as simple as that.
1.2M 25.5K 39
❝ it's okay to be afraid of the monsters, it's just not okay to let them win ❞ { criminal minds } { no set season }