The Mysterious Mr. Miller

Autorstwa mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... Więcej

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
16. ROADTRIP
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
20. SECURE
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
26. BEDMATES
27. SKIN TO SKIN
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
34. INSIDE THE HEART
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
41. KEEP ME CLOSE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

28. GOODBYE?

12.1K 498 24
Autorstwa mahumwrites

My stomach groaned loudly while I flipped the omelet. I had stayed awake till sunrise last night which explains why I had trouble waking up. It was 1 when I finally left the bed and made my way to the kitchen. I was craving something salty so I made mushroom omelet. Sean was nowhere to be found but he had left Thomas with me, who was sitting in the lounge, staring at me like a hawk.

“Where is Sean?” I asked him while making my food.

“Gym.” He replied curtly.

“With an injured leg?” I raaised my eyebrows and he shrugged in return.

Shaking my head, I heated up some brioche bread and searched my refrigerator for something to drink. I was pouring orange juice in a glass when someone knocked on the door. Thomas went to check and then let the person in. I was hoping to see Sean but instead, I was greeted with the sight of the younger and less tolerable Miller brother.

“Where’s Sean?” He looked around.

“Why?” I asked sternly.

“I am not answerable to you.” He walked over to me and took the orange juice from in front of me without asking.

“Heyy!!” I shrieked in response but he quickly gulped it down in one sip.

”Too much sugar. Explains your weight.” He said as he put the glass away.

“There is nothing wrong with my weight.” I gritted as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“Where is Sean?” He asked again, ignoring my protest at his bodyshaming.

“At the gym.” I replied. “He could have waited until he was better but he is too stubborn for his own good.”

“True. I told him not to go behind you but his stubbornness got in the way.” He snapped back.

“What is your problem with me?” I asked and put my omelet out of his reach before he could snatch it too.

“I don’t like you. Girls like you, they are always trouble.” He replied without caring to elaborate.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Girls who wrap a man around their fingers until they can’t think straight and are willing to take risks that they can’t afford.” He said in a condescending tone.

“Is that your personal experience? Because last I heard, you swung the other way.” I retaliated.

“It is an observation.” He answered. “Sean has been ignoring his duties to the mob because of you.”

“Well, sorry to disappoint you but your brother isn’t wrapped around anything. He doesn’t even like me, which he made quite obvious last night.” I cocked my head to one side and said.

“Yes, that explains why he isn’t leaving your side for months.” His lips thinned into a line.

We were too busy in our heated discussion that we didn’t realize when Sean walked into the apartment. Noticing him, Lucas got quiet while I picked up my plate and went to the dining table to eat. Sean took Lucas to the balcony to discuss their business while I got busy with my breakfast.

Few minutes later, Lucas left the apartment with a sour face while Sean made his way to the bedroom. I was still angry at him last night but I was also curious at what got Lucas all riled up.

“What is his deal?” I asked before he could leave.

“Nothing you should be concerned about. What was he saying to you?” He asked in response.

“He thinks you like me and I told him he couldn’t be more wrong.” I said with a striaght face.

“Good.” He said callously and my nostrils flared at that.

He was about to close the bedroom door behind him when my phone started ringing. I stared at the mobile screen which showed an unknown number that got me nervous. Sean had also read my expression and he dismissed the idea of a bath. He walked over to me and answered the call, putting it on speaker. He then motioned me to speak.

“Am I talking to Penelope Woods?” The masculine voice said from the other side. It was deep and rough, with a thick Italian accent.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“It’s Enzo Machiavelli. Your friend knows about me, don’t you, Miller?” His voice was directed towards Sean.

“Last I heard, you were in jail for your stunt in New Jersey.” Sean asked.

“You know how these things work. They didn’t find any proof.” The guy replied in a sarcastic tone.

Sean mouthed to me that this was the second Machiavelli brother to ease my confusion.

“What do you want?” Sean asked.

“If I needed to talk to you, I would have called on your phone. And you Penelope Woods, I want to meet you.” He said and my mouth parted in response.

“Why would I meet you?” I asked in a cautious voice.

“I need to make a few bargains with you. You see, I have someone you would like to meet.” He said and then I heard a scream from the other side.

“Pen… Pen… He will kill me.” The voice said from the other side. It was a feminine voice and my eyes widened in recognition.

“Mary? Is that you, Mary?” I asked in a shaking voice while my hands trembled.

“Penny, they took me from my house last night. Please save me. He will kill me.” Her voice was quivering with fear.

“Mary, where are you? I’ll come get you… Mary?” I stammered.

“Penn….”

“Don’t worry, Miss. Woods. We are treating your friend very well.” Enzo returned to the call.

“You bastard, let her go.” I cursed at the phone.

“Enzo, let her go and we can talk.” Sean answered.

“I don’t want to talk to you. Penelope, I’ll send my men to bring you to me in an hour. You either come see me alone or you will get a nice package from me, one that will contain your friend’s remians.” The sinister voice replied and I got a shiver down my spine.

“No. Listen…” Before I could say anything, he cut the call. Both Sean and I exchanged a worried look as he sat down beside me.

……….

“I am coming with you.” Sean said as a matter of fact.

“No. They will kill Mary. I can’t let them hurt her.” I resisted.

“I don’t care.” He said.

“I do. She is my friend. I can’t let her be in danger.” I was exasperated.

We had been doing the same discussion for the last 45 minutes without coming to a conclusion. But now, we didn’t have much time as the sound of horns of a car could already be heard from downstairs.

“You don’t know what you are doing. They will take you.” He insisted.

“He will do that sooner or later. I can’t hurt any more lives to protect myself.” I exclaimed.

“Penelope!” Sean clenched his teeth in frustration.

“Sean, please. Don’t stop me.” I said. “I need to go.”

He began his mouth to say something but he knew nothing he would say or do would stop me. I had made up my mind. I wasn’t going to let an innocent person die because of me. There was a car waiting for me downstairs and I knew sitting in it could get me killed tonight. But that was a risk I had to take.

I stood up to leave and then walked over to the door. Before I could walk out, I gave one final look to Sean whose face showed the dilemma he was in. I knew he didn’t care about Mary and he would rather save me than her. But how long could he protect me from those animals? They were willing to do anything to get their hands on me.

“Bye.” I said and turned around to leave but before I could, I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. Sean turned me around and locked his lips with me in a mind-numbing kiss. I was frozen in my spot for almost a minute, not knowing what was happening and how to respond. But then, I finally closed my eyes and gave in, enjoying the way his tongue felt inside my mouth. Our breaths mingled while he laced his fingers inside my hair. The kiss was urgent, it was needy and desperate, it translated everything he wasn’t willing to say to me. It translated everything he felt for me without using a single word. When he finally parted from me, I was completely out of senses.

“Take care.” he said, licking his lips.

My face was burning and I had to take a few breaths before I could utter a word. “Okay.” I said and walked away, even though my legs were turning to jelly.

When I went downstairs, two men came out of that car to take me. Before letting me enter the backseat, one of them checked me from head to toe while the other took my phone away. I lifted my eyes to look at Sean who was standing in the balcony, looking towards us with his fists clenched in anger.

I gave him an assuring look and then slid inside the car.

***********

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

404K 16.8K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
164K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
643K 13.8K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
86.5K 1.8K 49
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...