Mark of an Alpha's Queen

Von the_atticwriter

COMPLETED ✔️ Previously known as Catch Cassandra and Jace... Remember how their story went? But hold on... t... Mehr

Part I - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Bonus Chapter
Part II - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Christmas Bonus Chapter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Bonus Chapter
Part III - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 17

30 14 6
Von the_atticwriter

☆ Yara's POV

I slip out of my clothes and pull on one of my soft white T-shirts. Sighing, I walk into the connecting bathroom and just as I'm about to turn on the shower, the sound of something being slammed shut alerts me. I straighten with a frown when the front door closes with a thud.

“Malia, is that you?” I ask.

There's no response. I strain my ears to listen for any sound but there's none. I take a step back into my room when he suddenly appears before me. I scream, resting my hand on my chest. I feel my heart race. He smiles down at me, his blue eyes gleaming at the sight of me.

“What are you doing here? And how'd you get in?” I ask, peeping at the door.

“I came through your window. And don't worry, I locked the door” he smiles.

I let out a sigh as he smiles wider.

“You look beautiful in that... but I bet you'd look better out of it” he whispers, reaching out to stroke my cheek.

I swallow hard, a certain warmth shooting through me at the smoldering look. I step away and turn, walking to check if the door was really locked. I see him staring at me from the corner of my eye

“You didn't answer my calls or any of the texts I left”.

“Because I was doing my job,” I say. “And right now, I'm going to take to take a shower and go to bed”.

“You're not staying with me tonight” he states but it comes out more like a question.

I look up to find him gazing at me with his thick brows furrowed and arms crossed intimidatingly.

“I intend to sleep in my bed like I should have always done. And take care of the child I'm being paid to care for”.

A fire blazes in his eyes, wild and untameable and I know what's coming next.

“You're not staying here, Yara. You're spending the night with me like you should”.

“No” I let out.

“Yes,” he demands.

“No!”.

“Yes”.

“I'm not agreeing to this one. I step away for one day and that little boy goes missing. I am not ready to be held responsible again!”.

He growls darkly, making me uneasy at the sound. A weak whimper escapes my lips when he slams his hands angrily on the wall behind me and leans closer to my face.

“If I have to tie you up and bring you with me, I will do just that but you are never leaving me. It would be in your best interests to listen to me instead of being stubborn”.

I glare at him before pushing him away, huffing in anger. He stumbles slightly, out of surprise, and I make a run for the bathroom door in an attempt to escape. Although I know just how useless an attempt like that is, it doesn't hurt to try.

His arm shoots out and wraps around my waist, slamming me back into a rock-hard chest. With heavy breaths, he kisses my exposed shoulder and I can feel the planes and ridges of his abs as he presses me against him, tighter. I almost moan in delight at the sensation of tingles exploding on my skin at the contact.

It makes it much harder to control myself when my brain instantly turns into its usual mush around him. Struggling, I push him away once again and back up a few steps. His eyes are now dark to the point where I can't decipher if there is any blue left. His body trembles slightly and his fists are clenched to the point where his knuckles are white, contrasting with his perfectly tanned skin. I gulp harshly and move back until I realize in horror that he has me backed up into the shower.

As if realizing it too, he smirks dangerously, yet a hint of anger is still shining in his dark orbs. He stalks forward with a predatory glint in his eyes and I realize with a start that I'm the unlucky one in this situation; his prey.

“Please... let m-me g-go.” I croak, my throat suddenly becoming dry at the look he's giving me. 

It's almost like he's ready to pounce and devour me whole but instead, he decides to drag it out and make me sweat. He wants to play the game that has me submitting to him in the end. He cocks his head to the side, edging forward with each shaky breath that escapes my lips.

Every step that he takes, I take one in the opposite direction. The shower is big enough to fit a football team, however, it’s not big enough to let me escape. Soon, I find myself coming to the sinking realization that I have nowhere to go.

He finally cages me, his hands on either side of me, low enough so that he immediately catches me if I try to escape. I look up and his gaze is turning more and more intense as the seconds tick away.

This isn't happening!

For a second, I want to pull him close and feel the warmth that's emitting from his body. I want to feel his lips on mine and touch him like my body aches to.

But it's so wrong!

“Please,” I whisper weakly.

His attention now is solely on my lips.

“I'm not letting you go, Yara. Never” he assures me and keeps staring at my lips.

After what feels like an eternity of waiting for any sign of movement or conversation, he finally moves. I inhale sharply when his fingers trail over my knee. His hand slips under the shirt to caress my inner thigh.

Biting my lip, I try to ignore the pounding of my heart, the roaring in my ears, and the ache between my thighs. His fingers move closer and closer and closer to my core.

What is he doing?!

I huff when his hand never meets the place aching to be touched. Instead, it grips my hip and teases the waistband of my panties, hooking a finger in and pulling it slightly so it snaps against my skin. I gasp in surprise.

His other hand creeps under my shirt and I feel like I'm on fire. The warmth his hands emit is burning, but it's that good type of burn, one that I'd wish to be subjected to every day. My breath hitches when they slide over my rib cage, his thumbs teasing the skin underneath the lining of my bra. I gaze up at him with heavy eyes, watching and waiting in anticipation to see what he'll do next.

But he doesn't do anything. He just stares at me, a smirk toying his lips. Just something inside me snaps from frustration.

Fuck this!

I wrap my arms around his neck and push myself closer to him, causing his hands to move to my back. I shudder when he traces my spine. The familiar sweet sensation shoots through me.

Moaning softly, I push up on my tiptoes and press my lips to his peeking collarbone. A husky growl echoes in the air, making me shiver at the sudden sound. I smile proudly... only I could make him react like that. I continue to place gentle kisses on his skin.

What the bloody hell are you doing Yara?!

His grip tightens on me and I lean back to see his eyes closed and his pearly white teeth gnawing at his
lips. Pressing myself closer, I lean forward and take his bottom lip between my teeth, biting it gently before letting go.

The action causes a series of growls to emit from his lips, his chest reverberating under my hand. I groan when he grips my chin and dips down to nip my neck, harshly. My fingers find themselves running through his hair, gripping and tugging when he rips the collar of my shirt to expose my neck to him.

“Ohhh...” I moan.

I gasp quietly when his lips meet the top of my breast, the red strap of my bra visible. My head falls back when he places a wet open-mouthed kiss on my skin, sucking and nipping at it. I moan louder when his teeth sink lightly into my flesh, only for him to run his tongue over it again and then blow warm breath over the wet skin.

It goes on and on, the action repeated until finally, he leans back and stares down at my exposed skin. Satisfaction flickers in his eyes. I open my mouth to question him when I manage to press down on the handle that turns on the multiple shower jets.

I shriek as cold water sprays onto us, wetting our bodies and making the white top dangerously transparent. Raking a hand through my hair, I turn to switch the water off when I'm abruptly pushed up against the wall. Gasping, I stare up at him only to see that his gaze is locked on the red color of my bra which is now visible because of the wet shirt.

His hands grip my wrists and pin them above my head, our wet bodies pressing against each other and fitting like the perfect mold. Even though cold water was raining down on us, his body temperature remains constant and provided me with a source of warmth.

I suck in a sharp breath when his knee presses between my legs, forcing them to open slightly. His lips glide down my neck, droplets of water dripping onto my face from his wet strands. I yearn to reach out and touch his hair.

“I need to touch you” I let out.

A whisper of his name escapes my lips but drowns in the sound of the stream of water meeting our bodies. He finally releases my wrists just as he presses his lips onto mine, eliciting a whimper from me as I clutch at the wet material of his shirt to pull him impossibly closer. His lips are warm and wet. His tongue swipes across my bottom lip and coaxes me to open up to him.

Don't do it, you stupid girl!

Resisting, I deny him access only for him to growl in frustration and try again. Again and again, I deny him when suddenly grips the back of my thighs and hoists me up onto his waist. I squeak in surprise and that allows him to slip his tongue in and explore my mouth.

Soft sounds of pleasure escape me, my body expressing to him just how much I love his lips on mine. That seems to urge him on even more. With a deep growl, he turns off the water and strides out of the bathroom with me.

Throwing me onto the bed, my body barely has enough time to process what happened before he pounces on me. Hovering over me, he slides the wet shirt up on my body to grip my hip.

My back arches when he rains kisses down my neck, paying close attention to an area that has me aching for more. His lips pepper the area where my neck meets my shoulder, biting and sucking as if marking his territory.

I'll cover up the marks with makeup in the morning. No biggie.

I lose myself in the moment and let out an incredibly loud moan. He shushes me and chuckles.

He knows what he's doing to me. You smug bastard.

I can practically feel the smile on his lips while he trails them on my skin, doing torturous things to my body and having me gasping with need. When I can't take it anymore and feel myself slowly losing control, I place a hand on his chest and push lightly.

He seems to get the hint and pulls away, hovering over my body once more. I watch as his finger rises and pushes a wet strand of my hair away from my face, the back of his hand grazing my cheek soon after.

We stare at each other for what feels like the longest time and that was what I loved most about him. I sigh as he kisses my forehead.

“This is wrong” I let out.

“Ya...”.

“No. You know this is wrong too. Don't make me feel like I'm the only one who finds this wrong”.

“Hey...”.

“You're married. You have a family!”.

“I am not in love with my wife, Yara. You know that. Anyone with eyes can see that!” he huffs and threads a hand through his hair in frustration.

My God! What have you gotten yourself into, Yara?!

“Now I know why so many things never made sense. How every relationship failed” he grips me, “It was because of you. It was to prepare me to meet you, Yara. You're my soul mate and there's no denying that”.

I sigh in frustration.

“Please don't make me beg Yara. I want to be with you... no matter how bad it looks. You make me a better man, I swear. Please don't say you don't want me. Please. Please” he whispers, leaning into me to capture my lips in a fervent kiss.

Of course, I want him!

But before I can answer that, an urgent knock sounds on the floor and we jump apart.

“Yara? It's me. Can we talk?” Alexis' voice comes from the other end.

Growling, he gets off me and pulls me up, dragging me into the wardrobe.

“Get dressed” he demands.

“But...”.

“Just do it. You're going to catch a cold” he mumbles angrily. “I'll see you later. I love you”.

He presses a kiss to my temple, simultaneously squeezing a butt cheek before sneaking back out the window. I smile to myself, tugging sheepishly at my night dress.

“Yara?! Please open the door!” Alexis' voice cuts through my happy thoughts.

I snap myself out of my trans and quickly change, tossing my wet clothes and underwear in the laundry basket. I grab a towel and dry my hair, unsuspiciously throwing it around my neck to cover the hickeys. I open the door just as she's about to knock again. She blinks and lowers her balled fist.

“Oh,” she lets out. “I didn't know you were in the shower. Sorry, I'll come back”.

“No, I was just washing my hair,” I say, stopping her from leaving.

She nods.

“Sorry did something happen? Did Milton wake up? Do you want me to put him back to bed? Or are you here to finally teach me how to make night night tea” I try to lighten the mood by adding the last one.

She chuckles with unease.

“I am not sharing that recipe with you... yet” she tells me.

I smile.

“And no, Milton's not awake. Even if he did, I'm very capable of putting my son back to sleep. And Noah's here too so”.

“Oh, okay” I whisper.

“Yara can we talk? Please?” she asks.

I take a glance at the window and nod.

“Yes please. Do come in”.

I step aside and watch her enter. She takes a pause, wiggles her nose, and makes a face. I close the door.

Oh crap!

“Is something wrong?” I ask.

She looks at me for a while and I keep my expression straight. Then she sighs and shakes her head.

“I just thought I smelt someone familiar... it's probably just my guilt” she sighs.

More like my guilt.

I sigh.

“Yara...”.

“No. Let me go first” I stop her.

“No. I came in here so let me. I asked Noah to not let me back into the room if I didn't do this” she stops me.

I sigh and nod.

“I'm sorry,” she says. “I'm sorry for taking it out on you so badly three days ago when we couldn't find Milton. I never get that way but that day... I was so afraid we'd never find my son again and... and I was lashing out at everyone but you... when it got to you it was just... flowing out of me like I held a grudge...”.

Oh, I wouldn't blame you if you did. In fact, you should!

“But I don't!” she's quick to confirm. “I'm not holding any grudges against you, Yara. I don't hate you and I'm not mad at you... not at all. I love you so so much, Yara. You're like my sister and I've been feeling shitty for just going off on you like that. So I'm sorry, Yara. I'm really, really sorry”.

She steps up to me and takes my hands. I give hers a squeeze and smile.

“I am sorry too, Alexis. I didn't mean to not be paying attention and not take my job seriously. I just...” I glance at the window, “... I've been a little distracted lately. Suddenly there's a lot on my plate and I can't seem to find the right way to juggle 'em all” I sigh.

She sighs and runs a hand through my hair to smile at me.

“Somehow I keep forgetting you have a life of your own, Yara”.

Oh, it's not the kind of life I'd want anyone to keep remembering.

“Is it your grandmother?” she asks, stepping away from me a bit.

“No gosh” I chuckle as I watch her sit on my bed. “Nona's perfectly fine”.

It's way worse.

“I knew it” she sighs and lets out a little groan.

“What are you...”.

“You're seeing something” she lets out.

I panic.

“What?” I ask, cautiously gripping the towel around my neck to make sure it hadn't moved.

“You're seeing someone, Yara. That's the only thing that'll make a girl forget to remove her makeup before getting into the shower” she points out.

My hand flies under my eye and I turn to my vanity. My makeup was all smudged. I chuckle with relief and grab some wet tissues to clean my makeup. Alexis sighs.

“Who is he, Yara? Who's the man you've been sneaking around with?” she asks.

Oh, you don't wanna know.

“I wanna know tell me” she goes.

I turn away from the vanity and sigh.

“Alexis, it's a lot more complicated than just saying his name”.

She nods.

“Okay. Well I wanna help... if I'm not overstepping that is so... what can you tell me?”.

I sigh and scratch my head.

“He's a married man” I let out, guilt washing over me. “We can't be together and so we sneak around. I went to let him know that I couldn't do this anymore... the day Milton disappeared and we got caught up in our urges that I completely forgot I had a job to do”.

Alexis' eyes grow sad.

Don't feel pity for me!

That look was going to turn to disgust and hatred when she found out who it was.

I sigh and she holds out her arms to me. I take it and she tugs me down beside her on the bed and gives me a big hug.

“And I was so selfish to yell at you like that when you're going through a lot already and must be feeling awful” she sighs. “I'm sorry, Yara. I'm really, really sorry”.

I smile against her cheek.

“It's okay. And I would have done worse if I were in your shoes” I admit. “And better you than Malia right? She's been threatening to turn me into something cows like... and you know how I'm afraid of cattle”.

Alexis laughs.

“She wouldn't. I'm sure it's the protein shake talking”.

“Oh my gosh, you've noticed too?” I ask with a chuckle.

“At how she's gained like a thousand pounds? Yes,” she laughs. “Noah's trying to talk her out of it so let's hope she listens because fat does not look good on her”.

I smile. Alexis lets go of me and looks at me sadly.

“Are we okay, Lexi?” I ask.

She smiles and touches my cheek.

“Of course, we are, Yara,” she tells me.

I sigh, relief washing over me.

“And about your married boyfriend,” she begins, “I might sound like a jerk but if you're sure he's the one and you make each other happy... I say go for it”.

My heart leaps.

“Don't let anyone or anything stand in the way of your happiness, Yara. It took Noah and me seven Milton years to finally figure that out” she chuckles. “Fight for him”.

I stand up.

Really?

“Really?” I ask out loud this time.

“Really, Yara” she smiles. “And if anyone... for whatever reason, tries to get in your way or make this even harder than it already is, then they'll have to answer to all of us”.

I smile.

“Thank you, Alexis,” I say. “It means a lot”.

“Of course” she whispers and pats the bed. “Now get some sleep”.

I nod. She's about to stand up when her smile falters. She pats the bed repeatedly. At first, I'm confused. Then it hits me.

Crap!

Alexis pats the bed for the last time and lifts her hand to her face. Then she screams and shoots up.

“Oh my goodness, Yara! Why is your bed wet?!”.

I fumble with the towel around my neck, racking my brain for a plausible explanation.

“I err...”.

“Yara...” she lets out slowly, her face growing with grave concern.

Oh really?! Does she think I wet my bed?!

I sigh.

“Alexis I...”.

“Yara what happened?” she inquires, taking slow steps towards me.

I sniff, tugging at the towel covering my neck as I casually peek at the window.

“I tried really hard Alexis...” I whisper, piecing my ridiculous excuse together.

“But?” she encourages.

I let out a big sigh.

“But I couldn't hold back my tears”.

Thank you for reading!
Please don't forget to vote.
We're slowly coming to an end... I know... it's been forever.
Anyways... I'll see you, fantastic people soon!
Ciao!
~the_atticwriter

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

15.8K 713 20
Farah Blade: Twin sister of future Beta Adam Blade of Blood Moon Pack, Daughter of Beta Alexander Blade and his mate and wife Isabella Alexander Bla...
26.5K 1.1K 38
Gemma Hart knows well enough what a gilded prison looks like. Paranoid due to the unsolved assassination of their parents, her brother had spent the...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
53.1K 2.3K 46
Cover by @auroralust Cassandra Verano has lived her whole life as the Nightstalker, a globally known thief and assassin working for the Organisation...