Our Bonds (A Kantai Collectio...

Bởi Tamayako

Being an Admiral sounds fun but it is definitely not easy. First there is the war with the mysterious Abyssal... Xem Thêm

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: An Almost Typical Day in the District
Chapter 2: Beginning to Feel Weird
Chapter 3: Something Normal
Chapter 4: Nightmares?
Chapter 5: A New Threat
Chapter 6: Great, More Enemies
Chapter 7: Captured by Scary People (Zuihou POV)
Chapter 8: Team Meeting (Enterprise POV)
Chapter 9 Saving CVL Zuihou (Preparations)
Chapter 10: Saving CVL Zuihou
Chapter 11: The Small Dreadnought Battleship
Chapter 12: Something Worth Fighting For (Prinz Eugen POV)
Chapter 13: Self-control and Remembrance
Chapter 14: Another Day's work but with Sirens
Chapter 15: Physical Examination
Chapter 16: Attack on Brunei
Chapter 17: Questions Answered (Sort of)
Chapter 18: An Impromptu Date
Chapter B: A Distant Past
Chapter 19: A Night Activity and A Skewed Reason
Chapter 20: Birthday 06/19
Chapter 21: First Joint Op (AL Commander POV)
Chapter 22: Troubling Mind
Chapter 23: Ironblood SOS
Chapter 24: Truth and Reconciliation
Chapter 25: On the Hill
Chapter 26: Stand Off
Chapter 27: All Paths Lead to Conflict
Chapter 28: Holdout
Chapter 29: Let Sleeping Dogs 'Lie'
Chapter 30: A Typical Beach Episode?
Chapter 31: Questions for Skewers
Chapter 32: Exercise #1
Chapter 33: Exercise #2 (Like taking Candy)
Chapter 34: That's it?
Chapter 35: Finals
Chapter 36: Work... What a Pain...
Chapter 37: A Pointless Argument (Spicy)
Chapter 38: A Long Overdue Discussion
Chapter 39: Friend
Chapter 40: Kill... and Capture
Chapter 41: Decisions Part 1
Chapter 42: Decision... Part 2
Chapter 43: Secret Rendezvous
Chapter 44: Jealousy
Chapter 45: Operation Pedestal
Chapter 46: Encounter and a Much Needed Upgrade
Chapter 47: Into the Night
Chapter 48: A Moment's Respite
Chapter 49: The Submarine Girl
Chapter 50: Encounter
Chapter 52: Victorious
Chapter 53: Alive
Chapter 54: Rant
Chapter 55: Tsuki
Chapter 56: Advice
Chapter 57: A Visit to her Birth Place
Chapter 58: 2nd Attempt
Chapter 59: Honourable Memory
Chapter 60: With Zuihou (Mature Warning R18)
Chapter 61: Chat
Chapter 62: Moving On (My Precious Treasure/Memory)
Chapter 63: Bath time Shenanigans
Chapter 64: Investigation (Part 1)
Chapter 65: Investigation (Part 2)
Chapter 66: The Crane's Favour
Chapter 67: The Crane's Plea
Chapter 68: Storm's End
Chapter 69: The Other Side of Distress
Chapter 70: In Between
Chapter 71: Lucky Ship
Chapter 72: Sister Chain Part 1
Chapter 73: Sister's Chain Part 2
Chapter 74: Crimson Protectors
Chapter 75: A Day of Rest
Chapter 76: Bonding with Zuihou (Mature Warning R18)
Chapter 77: A Short Walk
Chapter 78: Preliminary Planning
Chapter 79: Phone call
Chapter 80: A Regular Day... Right?
Chapter 81: What the Doggy Brought In
Chapter 82: In the midst of an Operation
Chapter 83: Encounter
Chapter 84: Under a Ring of Fire
Chapter 85: Preparations to Continue
Chapter 86: The Sun Priestess
Chapter 87: A Warm Night (Mature Warning R18)

Chapter 51: Deny

81 6 0
Bởi Tamayako

Shioi's kept its distance and flew behind the Abyssal fleet. It followed the Abyssal fleet has it moved 40 degrees South-East. The new Seiran has a larger detection radius, which is, fortunately and seemingly, just right outside of the Abyssal's detection range.

"Thanks, Shioi. Zain, you seeing this?"

"Sial. It really did show up. I didn't even get to deploy my girls for this phase." (Admiral Zain)

After reporting that the 10th Submarine Fleet encountered the new Abyssal Princess and submitting the battle footage, HQ couldn't believe it. It appeared way too early and abruptly. The great minds at Intel gave it the name 'New Mediterranean Dreadnought Water Princess'. Before Zain could give the order for his girls to engage it, it was agreed that the 10th Submarine Fleet provide live visual confirmation that the new enemy was appeared. That condition has been fulfilled thanks to Shioi. Now, we are just tracking it and trying to figure out where it would go.

"Keep tracking it. Rotate with the others periodically."

"Roger." (Shioi)

I pulled out the digital map of the area on the Battle Board in the middle of the room. The red dot represents the target, blue is ours, and the 'plane' is Shioi's Seiran. I flipped through the original intel booklet issued to us before this operation. According to this, there should be enemies here, here, here, over there, and this spot here. So these spots are T2, T1, T3, T4, and Z2. The New one is supposed to pop up at Z2 after we destroy the ones at the four 'T's. IS sudden appearance has needlessly complicated things. Right now, it's moving towards Z2, where it's supposed to stay and supposedly guard the resource nodes.

Wait...

Isn't this kind of bad? Based on it's current trajectory, it will encounter the Abyssals at T3 and T4. If it teams up with the other Abyssal fleets along the way, we could be facing a horde. Forget failing the operation, three Abyssal Fleets teaming up will be catastrophic for Force X. We need to clear out T3 and T4 before the Princess's escorts can ally themselves with said fleets. If we can take them out, at least weaken or thin them out. But I can't risk Shioi and the others as well. At this rate, the Abyssal Combined Fleet will reach T3 in a few hours. They are keeping it slow and steady. At their fastest, The submarines can definitely reach T3 and T4 first.

I will do whatever I can...

"10th Submarine Fleet, change of plans. I will need you to work a little harder on this. Head towards T3 and T4 at full speed and eliminate as many Abyssals you can. Do not, under any circumstance, engage the New Princess. Move to T4 as soon as the Princess gets within radar range."

"Our job is not done?" (Ro)

"Unfortunately, no. The is a risk of a horde forming with we don't thin out the enemy forces along its path. We need to deny it that chance. So, the mission to take out the Abyssals at T3 and T4 is still in operation."

For some reason, the submarines girls started smiling gleefully and cheering.

"So, that means we still have a role to play. Right, Admiral?" (Shioi)

"Er... Yeah."

"Yay!" (All)

Why are they so happy about this?

...

Oh. I get it. Why am I not surprised?

"I know you are excited, but don't push too far."

"We know. 10th Submarine Fleet, moving to designated point T3. Full Battle Speed! Let's go!" (Shioi)

The submarines sped up, circumventing the Abyssal Princess's location and made a beeline to T3. The Seiran that was tracking the fleet immediately returned to it's owner, almost exposing itself to the Abyssals. A little over an hour or so, the 10th Subamrine Fleet encountered the Abyssal Fleet stationed at T3.

"Alright~! The I-400-class' magnificent battle is beginning!" (Shioi)

The enemy fleet they encountered is a standard Abyssal Heavy Cruiser fleet, consisting of 2 Heavy Cruiser Ri-class Flagships, 1 Light Cruiser Ho-class Flagship, 1 Light Cruiser Tsu-class and 2 Destroer Ro-class Late Models. The Ri-class might be slightly tough but it's not an issue for my submarines girls.

"Come on, bring it!" (Imuya)

"Come, let's go! Fire~!" (Ro)

"Here goes my torpedo strike!" (Iku)

Imuya, Ro, and Iku loaded the torpedoes into their new 6-tubed Late Model Bow Torpedo Mount, outfitted with Skilled Sonar Personnel, and fired at their targets. With their newfound destructive prowess, the 4 of the Abyssals fell into Davy Jones locker easily. The surviving Heavy Cruiser Ri-class launched its Recon Plane in a futile attempt to attack the submarine girls. Hachi launched her own Kyoufuu Kai Ni Seaplane Fighter and shot down the enemy bird. Another torpedo from Iku sent it under the water.

"Hey! Leave some for us." (Goya)

"I won a dazzling victory! I'm expecting a reward from you Admiral~" (Iku)

"Yes, yes. Good work. I will treat you to Mamiya's once you return."

"Yes!" (Iku)

"No fair! Ro-chan wants some sweets too!" (Ro)

"If we do well, I will treat you as well."

"Ro-chan will do her best!" (Ro)

"Let's move. There is one more area we need to clear." (Shioi)

"Be careful. There is a Light Carrier Nu-class Flagship II in T4."

The girls swam their way to the next designated Point-of-Interest. With a Light Carrier Nu-class Flagship II leading, the Abyssal fleet at T4 comprises of a Heavy Crusier Ri-class Flagship, a Light Cruiser Tsu-class Elite, and 3 Destroyer Ro-class Late models. I'm more worried about the Nu-class. Carriers are always a pain in the ass to deal with for Submarines.

"Whoa~ We've found a lot of scary things." (Goya)

"The Seiran-sans are my friends after all." (Shioi)

Shioi, Goya and Hachi surfaced to launch their Seaplanes. Shioi launched two of her Seirans whilst Goya and Hachi launched their Zuiun and Kyoufuu Kai Ni respectively. The Nu-class launched its own squadrons of fighters and bombers.

"Launching 6 oxygen torpedoes!" (Iku)

"I'm counting on you, my torpedoes." (Goya)

After launching their torpedoes, the girls skilfully evaded the the Abyssal Depth Charges thrown at them and the torpedoes that were drop on them. The torpedoes hit their targets, the three Destroyer Ro-class and the Nu-class. The Ro-classes sank, killing one source of Anti-submarine attacks, but the Tsu-class is still floating, albeit on fire.

"My Kyoufuu is down!" (Hachi)

"Damn! Zuiun is down!" (Goya)

"I'm not like Bismarck nee-san or Eugen-san but... I'll do my best!" (Ro)

Ro fired another torpedo. It strike the Nu-class, engulfing it in a thick bloom of smoke.

"My sniper's spirit is burning~" (Iku)

Two of Iku's torpedoes sank the Tsu-class, finally killing the enemy sonar. The Ri-class is more or less a sitting duck by now, but the Nu-class standing and will continue to puking out planes like it's nothing.

"Shioi, how many Seirans and torpedoes do you have left?"

"One down, one replenishing it's bomb, and one ready for launch. I still have three torpedoes left." (Shioi)

"Ro?"

"Um... Vier! I mean, 4. I have 4 left!" (Ro)

"Iku?"

"This is bad. Only one nano!"

"What do expect when you launched so many at once?"

Hrmmm...

"Shioi, once the other Seiran has finished replenishment, launch both simultaneously. Do the usual. Iku, use your last torpedo to draw it's attention. Ro, time your attack with Shioi. Throw everything at it. The rest of you, take care of that Ri-class."

'Time my attack? With Shioi-chan's torpedo or Seiran?" (Ro)

"Ah. I got it. Ro-chan, let's go." (Shioi)

Shioi surfaced, just in time to see a Abyssal bomber fly over her. Her hanger opened up and a Seiran assembled itself before getting catapulted into the air. A second one emerged and did the same. She crashed dived before the Abyssal Hell Dive Bomber dropped its bomb on her. The bomb exploded in the water, sending her tumbling around.

"Shioi!"

Shioi's orange top was torn to shreds. The bottom part of her swimsuit was also torn apart, exposing her butt and the rest of her lower body which is not supposed to be seen. Especially during a battle.

"Nggh, they got me... But I can still go on! Don't underestimate me!" (Shioi)

Her vitals are in the orange zone. Moderately damage. Phew. Okay. She can still move.

"Iku!"

"Understood nano!" (Iku)

Iku fired her last torpedo at the Nu-class, once again engulfing it in a thick blume of black smoke. It turned towards Iku's position and launched a ton of planes.

"Eek! It's angry nano!" (Iku)

Shioi's Seiran's dropped bombs onto the back of the Nu-class's head, causing it to stagger in front.

"Shioi-chan! I'm in position!" (Shioi)

"Goooo~!" (Shioi)

"Fire~! Fire~!" (Ro)

As the Nu-class is struggling to stand up straight, the 2 submarines launched their entire arsenal of torpedoes at it. The torpedoes hit it's aft and portside, blowing it up entirely. Black metal scraps flew all over the place. Both of its arms were torn off by the blast, launching them in separate directions. Like with all Abyssals, these scattered body parts soon dissipate into dust. At the same time, Hachi, Goya and Imuya managed to take down the R-class by exhausting their supply of torpedoes as well.

"No detected Abyssals in the area." (Ooyodo)

"Mission accomplished. Good job, everyone! Espiecially you two, Shioi, Ro."

And not a moment too soon. I just received word that Force X has just left the forward base.

"Ah, I did it? Hurray! The I-400's are good, after all." (Shioi)

"Eh? I'm the best? Thanks! I'm going to brag to Hacchan!" (Ro)

"I'm right here though." (Hachi)

"Everyone, come back home. Someone assist Shioi. Stop by at the Forward Base for resupply first. Can't risk getting caught off-guard on the way back."

"Roger!" (All)

Despite being the only one injured and in bad shape, Shioi's smile is as bright as the Mediterranean sun as she makes her way back to the base with the rest.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

59.2K 993 28
I am USS Long Beach, after being dismantled I was transported to another world and threatened with death by a goddess, so now I will cooperate with t...
8.9K 237 15
Humanity was isolated in the cold vacuum of space. Mankind had lost and was torn apart, all communications silent, their species on the brink of exti...
946 28 9
IJN Zuikaku historically the last Japanese fleet carrier sunk. She heard all her fellow carriers had sunk when she was a warship,but was unable to do...
1.7K 41 12
My first Kantai Collection story, will transform into a series! The alien Abyssals knew they had made a grave mistake when they killed the old admira...