The Wilted Rose

Zach42799 द्वारा

Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows'... अधिक

Character Bio
Prologue: Beyond Repair
Chapter 1: One tiny problem
Chapter 2: Forehand or Backhand?
Chapter 3: Not without a fight
Chapter 4: Revival
Chapter 5: Initiation
# FUCKIN 3!!!
Chapter 6: Lonesome Road
Roy Winchester/Arsenal Bio
Chapter 7: Indebted
Chapter 8: Welcome to Mantle
Chapter 9: Uncovered
Chapter 10: The Rescue
Chapter 11: Outlaws At Last
Chapter 12: Tremors
Chapter 13: Trust
Chapter 14: Sticks And Stones
1K! Thank You Guys
Chapter 15: The Foundry
Chapter 16: Premonitions
Chapter 17: Death
Chapter 18: Rebirth
Chapter 19: Too Far Gone (Vol.0 Finale)
Chapter 20: Train Ride (Vol. 1 Prologue)
Chapter 21: Sisters
Chapter 22: The Lucky Ones
Chapter 23: Ghost
Chapter 24: Quiet Night
Chapter 25: Protector
Chapter 26: Calm...
Chapter 27: ...Before The Storm
Chapter 28: Lifeline
Chapter 29: Who I Am (Vol. 1 Finale)
Chapter 30: Costly Mistakes (Vol. 1.5 Prologue)
Chapter 31: Critical Care
5K reads!!!
Chapter 32: Testing
Chapter 33: Your Greatest Failure
Chapter 34: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 35: Progress
Chapter 37: A Silver Bullet
Chapter 38: Should've Known Better
Chapter 39: The Road To Hell Is Paved In Good Intentions....
Chapter 40: Closeness
Chapter 41: Back In School
Next Red Hood Outfit Vote/Closed
Chapter 42: The Much Needed Talk
Chapter 43: The Company We Keep
Chapter 44: Prophecies (Vol. 1.5 finale)
Chapter 45: The Bookstore (Vol. 2 Prologue)
Chapter 46: You Atlesian Joker
Thank you Wattapad....
Chapter 47: Keep It Simple
Chapter 48: What's the plan?
Chapter 49: Fatherly Love
Chapter 50: Something I Cant Let Go Of
Chapter 51: I Hate When I'm Right....
Chapter 52: Takedown
Chapter 53: Goodnight Princess
Chapter 54: Too Much To Lose....
Chapter 55: Between Wants And Needs
Chapter 56: Concept Of Subtilty
Chapter 57: End Of The Line
Chapter 58: Nothing I Wont Do
Chapter 59: You Have Achieved Nothing
Chapter 60: Three Simple Words (Vol. 2 Finale)
Bonus Chapter: Your Scars Are Beautiful *Lemon*
Chapter 61: Demon (Vol. 3 Prologue)
Chapter 62: Round One
Chapter 63: I've Got Nothing For You
Chapter 64: Round Two
Chapter 65: We're Talking Aren't We?
Chapter 66: The Vault
Chapter 67: Breaking Point
Important Notice/updated
Chapter 68: Firing Squad
Chapter 69: Nightmare
Chapter 70: Better Tomorrow
Important Notice Pt. 2
Chapter 71: The Easy Part
Chapter 72: Do Or Die
Chapter 73: Failure
Chapter 74: Two Options
Chapter 75: Bad Joke
Chapter 76: House Of Cards
Chapter 77: Bid Farewell
Chapter 78: Everything That Came Before
Chapter 79: Recovery
Chapter 80: Someone's Got To Stay (Book 1 Finale)
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 36: Fix Me

766 22 0
Zach42799 द्वारा

Beacon

1:01 AM

263 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

I was awakened by the bullhead landing, which was not pleasant. Both Ruby and Yang bolted upright at the jolt. The two looked around before both settling their eyes on me, realizing where they were. I stood up and placed my mask on just in case there were any students that were breaking curfew. I didn't know what would be worse. The new student getting caught coming back from a "unsanctioned mission" before his first day or the Red Hood showing up at one in the morning. 

I stood the chair up and saw that the assassin was now awake, though still dazed. That was good, I guess. I started to drag the chair out of the bullhead before the assassin was lifted into a purple bubble. I didn't bother to even question why Goodwitch was waiting on us. Hell, for all I knew, it could be standard operating procedure for them. 

I stepped out of the bullhead and just walked straight past Goodwitch without acknowledging her. Team RWBY was shocked that not only did I do it, but what I said as I passed.

Y/n: Don't make me regret handing her over to you because I can easily fix that. 

Goodwitch started to say something but I didn't care enough to listen. Team RWBY followed after me shocked that I got away with that. I kept walking with no regard for anything else, just ready to get done with this. As we made it to the administration building, I took off my mask and walked to the elevator. 

Yang: So are we just going to ignore that Y/n sassed Miss Goodwitch and got away with it?

Y/n: No, because I didn't get away with it. There's going to be hell to pay after what I told her earlier and now. I just don't give a damn at the moment. 

Ruby: What did you tell her earlier?

Y/n: Essentially to fuck off.

Ruby: ...Swear.

Y/n: Don't start.

The elevator arrived and we entered. I started to prepare myself for Ozpin. I wasn't going to slip like I did before. There was enough room in the elevator for everyone to have a good bit of space but I found that Weiss has been steadily scooting closer to me as the elevator ascended. 

It was only then did I notice that I was actually scooting closer to her as well. I discreetly looked to see Yang trying and failing not to laugh at us. I was about to say something to try and break the tension since mentally preparing for Ozpin went out the window with Weiss getting closer. The elevator dinged, signaling our arrival and the doors opened, effectively ending the tension. 

We walked out to see Ozpin, as usual, sat at his desk. He looked almost amused at the current circumstances. To be fair, letting one of my targets live AND handing them over to Huntsman custody, that was new. There have been instances where I would give them information and let them pick up my mark but those cases were for either the ones that were big, like anything to do with the White Fang, or a case like the Winchesters. 

Most of the time, I take care of it and then send all my evidence to them so they can cross check my work. I'm many things but I'm not infallible. I make mistakes like everyone else, I just like to think that I do everything in my power to avoid them. But considering my track record, I don't think I do a very good job at that. 

Ruby: We're back! And we brought Y/n!

Ozpin: As I can see... I trust everything went smoothly?

Y/n: They only came to pick me up, what could have possibly gone wrong? 

Ozpin: Given your record and your ability to get into trouble, I would estimate quite a lot.

Yang: He's got you there....

Wow, fucking traitor right here.... I looked at the clock and saw the time. 

Y/n: Isn't it past your bedtime Yang? I remember that you were always a stickler for being in bed for eight on the dot when we were kids.

The Weiss and Blake both looked at Yang as she started to nervously laugh.

Ozpin: It looks that you have made yourself at home with team RWBY.

Y/n: I would assume so, Ruby and Yang are here.

Ozpin: And what of Miss Schnee and Miss Belladonna?

All playfulness was gone in a instant. I wasn't about to rat out Blake as ex-White Fang, though he probably already knew and saying anything about my connection with Weiss was also off the table. For Blake, it wasn't so much because I liked her as it was because she was friends and teammates with my sisters. On top of that, I don't do friends unless I trust them implicitly. I did not trust Blake like that. Weiss was self explanatory, if anything goes wrong and I'm back to being actively wanted, Weiss would be in the same boat as me because of what all happened in Atlas.

Y/n: What are you getting at old man?

Ozpin: What I'm getting at is since you, as of yesterday afternoon, a student....

Team RWBY's eyes all fell on me. They didn't know that I was a student yet. I wanted to surprise them so I can get some laughs out of it but there that goes. I looked at the group and saw varying amounts of excitement. Blake looking the least excited, in fact, it looked like she was against the idea, to Ruby almost literally bouncing off of the walls. Weiss was doing a good job hiding it but the small smile on her face spoke volumes.

Ozpin: ...Why not instead be apart of their team, instead of-

Y/n: No.

All excitement the group had disappeared at that single word.

Y/n: I don't do teams.... Not after what happened in Atlas....

And with that, everyone understood the problem. Roy and I were a team and despite never discussing who was leading who, most of the time, I was leading. Teams are supposed to take care of each other and the leaders are supposed to protect everyone on the team or in my case, the only brother I ever had. Roy died because of my failure and I wasn't about to do that again.

Ozpin: ....Well, the offer stands should you choose to take it. As you said, team RWBY was only sent to pick you up and seeing as your all in good health, I won't keep you. Though Y/n, I would like to ask you some questions tomorrow after your initiation tomorrow morning and classes. 

Y/n: Wait.... Initiation?

Ozpin: Of course! Every student goes through the initiation, you are no exception.

Y/n: Figures.... Whatever, I'll stop by after I'm done.

Ozpin: Excellent. Now I'm sure you are all tired. Do go get some rest. 

Ruby: Ok, Goodnight Professor!

We all turned and entered the elevator again. That was simple, but I'm sure that tomorrow is going to be a pain in the ass. I haven't been in a classroom in a decade now. Not only that, but I was going to be surrounded by Huntsmen from now on. If this wasn't going to make me a paranoid mess by the end of it, then I've got nerves of steel. 

The initiation was going to be another issue. I needed to be careful of what I showed off. If someone makes the connection between me and the Red Hood then I was screwed. Now that I think about it, how am I going to make it to my room without being seen. Yeah, it's half past one but it would be my luck that I would be caught. My combat gear is discreet, but with my hood visible and my mask on, everyone would be wanting a piece of me. Of course, I just noticed another problem....

Y/n: ....What room am I in?

Blake: ....You don't know what room your staying in?

Y/n: I didn't exactly stick around to find out yesterday. 

Yang: That's ok, we'll help you find it! Right, sis?

Ruby: Yeah! I wanna see all your cool weapons and gadgets and stuff!

Weiss: Why don't you save that for when he shows them off tomorrow? He is going through the initiation.

I wasn't about to tell them I wasn't going to be using any of my equipment tomorrow. Everyone has already seen my sword, crowbar, and guns. If I show up with all of that, I'd be announcing who I was. The initiation was putting me in a bad position. I don't know why Ozpin wants me to do the initiation. I'm sure he already thought of everything I'm thinking now. Maybe Ozpin wants to see me squirm, I don't know. What I do know is I needed a solution before it started. 

Ruby: Your right, it'd be cool to see while he's using them anyway. 

the elevator arrived on the ground floor and opened. 

Y/n: Yeah.... Also which way is the dorms?

Ruby: Just follow us.

Following them, I found myself lagging behind. I was having second thoughts about the whole thing. I never did enjoy school. I already knew most of what was being taught to me anyway, hence why Goodwitch became my tutor. She would teach me subjects that were at minimum three grades ahead. This of course led to me not being out and sociable with the other kids my age. Ruby and Yang were one thing, but some other kid? I didn't know how to interact with them. 

Weiss noticed that I was a little behind and slowed down.

Weiss: Is something wrong? You were fine until we finished in the Headmasters office.... Is it because if what you said?

Y/n: ...Partially... I... Might have made a mistake agreeing to stay...

Weiss: Why do you say that?

Y/n: Its just... I've never liked going to school and social skills are not something I'm good with.

Weiss: You and Blake are a lot alike when it comes to that. It took that huge fight for her to finally open up to us.

I remember the texts that Weiss sent regarding Blake and the incident at the docks. I guess that is something good that came out of that travesty. My attention turned to my sisters who despite being visibly tired were still as playful as ever. I wondered if they were wearing a mask like mine. I pretended to be fine when I wasn't taking out the trash but I knew just how broken I was deep down. Was it the same for them?

Weiss: And if it wasn't for you then none of this would be happening right now.

Y/n: ...How do you mean?

Weiss: If it wasn't for what you and Roy did in Atlas, Me and my family would be dead. If it wasn't for you, Blake and that other faunas would be dead. There wouldn't be a team RWBY if it wasn't for everything you've done. That's not to mention everyone you've saved since you started your... Thing...

Y/n: But if it wasn't for me, the whole situation in Atlas wouldn't have gotten that bad. Not to mention Roy would still be alive....

Weiss grabbed my hand and stopped.

Weiss: What happened to Roy wasn't your fault! You didn't put a price on my families head, you didn't sit back and let it play out because if you had, who knows what would have happened, and most importantly, your not the one who shot him.

Y/n: He was there because of me...

Weiss: He was there because he chose to be. You said it yourself, you were brothers. You are not responsible for every bad thing that happens, and no matter how hard you try, you cant always stop them from happening.

As much as I hated to admit it, Weiss was right. I wouldn't always be able to keep things from happening, but that doesn't help. Before I died, I was always the one who fixed my sisters problems and protected them. After I died, I said that no one else would have to live through what we lived through. After Roy died, I said that those who'd do evil to others would know me well. I've always been one to try and fix things, to protect people, and my track record is mixed to say the least. 

And now it's like the scripts flipped. Like I'm the one who needs protection. It's not right. I don't need them to try and fix me. Weiss must have saw that her words weren't helping despite her best efforts. She sighed and squeezed my hand to pull me out of my thoughts. 

Weiss: Come on, follow me.

Y/n: What about-

Weiss: They can make it back to dorm on their own.

Weiss tugged my hand and led me away from Beacon. I was wondering where she was taking me but I didn't have to wonder long. Weiss had led me to the Beacon cliffs that overlooked the Emerald forest. I looked over the forest wondering why Weiss had brought me here. 

Weiss: The view here is amazing here, right?

Now that she mentions it, she is right. I've seen it several times but it was only now that I was taking in how beautiful it looked up here. The air was cool and comforting with the only thing that could be heard being the wind rustling the tree branches below. 

Weiss: There's plenty of places like this around Beacon. I like to come here when I want silence. 

Y/n: I've never actually payed attention to... Well, any of this before. I always just tuned it out as useless information and moved on.

Weiss: The times when you were in the forest, you were so focused on what you were trying to accomplish or just making it through to get where your going. Now that your not doing any of that, you can take the time to actually stop and notice these thing. 

The wind picked up and brought with it a gentle breeze. We stood there overlooking the forest for a while. As the wind died down, Weiss turned to look back at me with a look I've never seen her give.

Weiss: If you ever need any help, you can ask me... or anyone on team RWBY... You know that, right?

Y/n: ....Yeah.... Of course.

Weiss continued to stare at me for a moment longer before turning around completely to face me.

Weiss: Your not alone, Y/n. Not anymore... We should get to the dorm before everyone starts trying to track us down.

Weiss walked past me and all I could do is look at her back as she walked. She's changed more than I thought she had. Her heart was the same but she seemed to be able to command attention now. I shook off my thoughts and rushed to catch up. A small smile gracing my lips as I went. 

3rd Person Pov

As Y/n started to catch up with Weiss, Glynda Goodwitch stepped out from her hiding spot. Like Weiss, she found comfort and peace when she overlooked the forest. After detaining the individual Y/n had brought with him, she came to the cliffs. With how hostile Y/n had been every time she had interacted with him, it was a shock to her that Weiss was able to convey what both Ozpin and Glynda hoped would come from his time here.

The months following Y/ns supposed "death" was miserable for the both of them. When the blood sample had came back as a match for Y/n, Glynda didn't believe it at first. But when he had lowered his hood when Ozpin confronted him, for the briefest of instances was she beyond overjoyed that he was alive. That joy was short lived as she remembered what Y/n had done, and turned to horror the more he spoke. 

He was once a sweet boy who was too much like Qrow for his own good, and even then he was a angel in her eyes. Glynda hoped that he would be able to recover from everything that he had went through to shape him into the man he's become. After the two instances where she tried to talk or go back to being his teacher was met with harsh words that held more truth then she wanted to admit. 

The harshness and brutal honesty was something that she was not prepared for. Glynda had seen and interacted with people much like Y/n before but because it was him, her former student, it was too much for her to handle. She had left the uniforms on the bed in his door, but stayed for a few minutes longer than needed. She had taken the time to let her emotions out. 

Being a teacher for students who are choosing one of, if not the most dangerous career path was emotionally tolling. Knowing that statistically half will most likely die and a quarter of those who don't would be permanently maimed was a hell of its own. So as a defensive mechanism, she stowed those feeling away and instead took on a strict demeanor when dealing with students. Y/n however, was different. 

She was his teacher and he, her student. But at such a young age, he had managed to bypass that defense. Now that he's not only died, but came back with such malice and vengeance was entirely too much for her. She hoped that he could heal, something that she feared was impossible at this point. But after seeing Y/n and Weiss' interaction, she was hopeful that maybe he wasn't too far gone.  

Whatever the case, she and Ozpin both were determined to save him from himself no matter what.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

151K 1.5K 11
This is a story that went into my head and after reading a story kinda related to this and I will upload the bio of your gear, and in this story will...
41K 512 26
[DISCONTINUED] So this is going to be my first MaleReader abused and neglected story. I will be using an oc for this just to let you know. But anyway...
28.4K 622 16
{RWBY x Abused/Neglected/Betrayed Male Reader x Assassin's Creed: Valhalla} [BETA Series] Before the Raven Clan of Fornburg in Norway, enter the isla...
21.3K 261 16
I don't own RWBY, BlazBlue, or any images or videos used in this story, they belong to their respective owners. Also, this story is going to be headi...