When Thunder Claps

De hxpelessdaydreams

I previously posted this @5hfanfiction on tumblr and decided to post it on here as well. Summary: Lauren’s af... Mai multe

When Thunder Claps

13.2K 465 514
De hxpelessdaydreams

A/N: I'm editing this at almost three in the morning, if there are any mistakes my half open eyes apologize in advance.

Camila groaned when she woke up, the rest of the room was still black and the persistent sound of rain pelting her roof filled the apartment. Her alarm clock read 4:06 AM in bold red characters, she rolled over and away from the window when a flash of lightning peaked through the curtains and onto the bleak walls. Camila lazily tossed her arm over her girlfriend's waist in hopes of falling back asleep, but was surprised to feel Lauren trembling under her touch. "Laur? Are you okay?" She whispered softly.

Lauren nodded her head against her pillow, her breathing was ragged when she opened her mouth and Camila frowned in confusion. A deafening crack of thunder shook the building, making Lauren whimper and pull the duvet closer to her body. That's when it clicked in Camila's head,"are you afraid of thunderstorms?"

"Maybe," Lauren mumbled, but her weak voice gave her away. She sniffled and took a deep breath,"it's not a big deal."

Camila pulled her closer and kissed the exposed skin on her shoulder,"you're allowed to be scared. It's okay, I'll protect you."

A faint smile etched itself across Lauren's lips, she spun over to face Camila who was looking at her with those caring brown eyes that always made her feel better. "Thank you," she said and buried herself into Camila's chest.

They laid like that for a few minutes, Camila whispered sweet words of assurance into Lauren's ear every time she felt her start to shake again or heard her let out a hushed sob. "I've got you, it's okay." She hummed and peppered kisses down Lauren's jaw and neck innocently, trying her best to comfort the girl in her arms. "Do you want me to make you some tea? It might calm you down," the brown eyed girl suggested and pressed her lips to Lauren's raven hair.

"I don't want to be alone," Lauren admitted and jumped when another round of lightning accompanied by thunder claps made themselves known, illuminating and rocking the room. "Shit," she husked, Camila felt her wet tears soak through her tank top and held her even tighter until her breathing evened out.

"Come on, we'll go together," Camila encouraged and sat up slowly since Lauren still clung to her. "I'm doing this for your own good," she peeled her girlfriend's arms off of her and chuckled when they fell limply onto the bed. She stood up and walked over to the mirror, looking at her groggy features. Lauren sighed and rolled over until she reached the edge of the mattress before swinging her legs over the side and standing up. Camila grabbed a blanket from the bed and wrapped it around Lauren's quivering form. "There, you look like a princess."

"Sure I do," Lauren huffed and blew a stray piece of hair away from her eyes, an unamused expression on her face.

"Maybe a sleepy princess, but if you kinda tilt your head and close your eyes you look perfect I swear," Camila teased lightheartedly and kissed her forehead. "You look beautiful babe, messy hair and all." She wiped away the tear stains on Lauren's cheeks and laced their fingers together, with her other hand she opened the bedroom door and led Lauren into the kitchen.

Lauren stayed abnormally close to Camila and the shorter girl couldn't help but think that it was adorable despite the seriousness of her fear. A roar of thunder shook their floorboards causing Lauren to yelp and nearly jump into Camila's arms. Her laugh filled the loft and she wrapped her arms around the anxious girl,"you're okay."

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry," Lauren replied and released her grip on Camila's undershirt.

"It's alright," Camila reassured and smiled,"you're so cute."

"Shut up," Lauren whined and scrunched up her nose.

"Awh, you're blushing," Camila said smugly,"it's adorable that you have feelings."

"I'm emotional, you just like to give me shit," Lauren shot back and punched her shoulder gently.

"You did cry during the first five minutes of Up," Camila smiled fondly at the memory.

"His wife died! They were gonna go to Paradise Falls together!" Lauren shouted,"how did you not cry?"

"You just don't want to admit that you're a huge dork. At least I don't cry when I watch cartoons."

"The Lion King, Frozen, Bambi, and don't even get me started on Tangled!" Lauren listed, there was no way in hell she'd let herself be deemed 'less cool' than her girlfriend who tripped on air nearly everyday.

"Well...that's different," Camila mumbled and let Lauren go while she groaned in annoyance. "I should probably start making this tea."

Lauren grumbled something under her breath that Camila couldn't quite catch, but she took a guess and assumed that it wasn't very nice. She hopped up onto one of the countertops,"I have a packet of Valerian tea left, it helps me sleep," she yawned and pulled the blanket securely to her body.

"Are you sure that you need it?" Camila asked while sifting through various brands of tea, she only bought it because Lauren liked it, she tried it once and ended up with her tongue under the faucet to get the taste out of her mouth. Lauren said she was 'overreacting,' when she walked in with their groceries, but Camila vowed to never drink it again after her traumatic experience.

"Yeah, it helps with stress and stuff," she explained briefly. Camila filled a mug with water and placed it into the microwave before setting the time and hitting the start button.

"So, how have we been together for three years and I didn't know that thunderstorms scared you so much?" Camila asked and situated herself in between Lauren's legs.

"Well, we've only lived together for a few months and it doesn't rain that often in Florida," Lauren pointed out and rubbed small circles into Camila's wrist while she talked.

"How did it start? I mean, did something happen or have you always hated storms?"

"I never liked them," Lauren started,"but when I was younger, my parents decided to leave me home alone for the first time and we got hit with a huge thunderstorm. I just remember it being so powerful, like I could feel it. I sat under a blanket in my living room and when my parents got home they found me crying and now whenever I hear thunder, I feel like I did when I was eight."

"Well, now that I'm here you don't have to worry so much," Camila said and stood up on her tiptoes to kiss Lauren. "I won't let you get hurt." The microwave beeped and Camila popped it open, she wrapped her hand around the handle of the cup and cursed so much Lauren was actually stunned,"it might be a little warm," she winced.

"Thanks for the warning," Lauren giggled and watched Camila toss the tea bag into the water.

"The things I do for you," she muttered under her breath and shook her stinging hand.

"I didn't tell you to burn your hand," Lauren shrugged, she jumped off the counter and landed on her feet smoothly. White light seeped through their windows followed by a loud rumble that made Lauren's body twitch, she moved closer and hugged Camila's backside. She was starting to feel more relaxed now that Camila could distract her, but the storm still made her nervous when it reached its peaks.

"How long-" A crash of thunder interrupted the brunette,"wow, that was rude Mother Nature."

Lauren giggled, her warm breath hit Camila's neck and ultimately made her almost drop Lauren's cup of tea. "You're such a spaz."

"Look who's getting back to normal," Camila said and steadied the liquid,"come on, lets go make our own noise and show Mother Nature who's boss."

"What do you mean?"

"Just wait thirty seconds," Camila laughed and started walking, Lauren waddled behind her, keeping the blanket around her shoulders and her arms still around Camila. When they got back to the bedroom Lauren dropped her arms and took the mug into her hands while Camila picked her acoustic guitar up from the corner of the room. She climbed up onto the bed next to Lauren and plucked each string to test them out as her eyes readjusted to the darkness. "The neighbors are gonna hate me for this," she mused and began strumming in a random pattern that still sounded beautiful to Lauren. She always had a soft spot for guitar players. "Are you ready to get your socks rocked off?"

"Sure, but I'm not wearing socks," Lauren smiled and wiggled her toes.

Camila sighed,"well hopefully I'll get lucky and your pants will come off instead," she winked extravagantly and settled the guitar in her lap.

"Very smooth," Lauren commented and bit her lip to hide the smile slowly spreading across her lips.

"I try," Camila chuckled,"alright, this is called,'The Lauren Song.'" She cleared her throat and cracked her knuckles jokingly, as if on cue the thunder echoed through the dark room. Lauren grimaced at the sound, but ignored it after it passed. Camila began to sing in an awkward, unsure tone, it didn't have to sound pretty, it just had to make Lauren feel better. "I'm singing to a girl with a beautiful smile, hopefully this song will be worth my while. Her name is Lauren and she gets scared when the rain is pourin'. I think it's really cute, but she likes to act tough, although she's a really big softy when it storms and stuff." She had to pause so she wouldn't laugh compared to Lauren who was struggling to drink her tea because she kept giggling and bumping her teeth against the rim of her cup. "She has really nice eyes, even when she cries, I'll always be there to wipe her tears away and...she's also pretty gay!" She finished and picked the strings wildly to finish her 'song.'

"You deserve a grammy," Lauren said through her laughter.

"Hell yeah I do, The Lauren Song would be number one on the charts," Camila stated proudly. "I should get into song writing."

"If you really tried, I think you'd be pretty good at it," Lauren said before sipping her tea again.

"Maybe," Camila shrugged and looked at her guitar,"I'll do a remix of The Lauren Song," she smiled and placed the guitar on the floor next to the bed.

"We should go to bed, this tea is gonna kick in any moment now and you have work today," Lauren said and set her cup on the nightstand. Camila mumbled something incoherently and fell back onto their pillows. "I'll take that as a yes," she grinned and pulled Camila into her. "Go to bed babe, I'll fall asleep soon."

"M'kay," the smaller girl whispered and rolled over to intertwine her legs with Lauren's,"goodnight."

"Night Camz," Lauren said and kissed her temple.

Before either of them could get to sleep Camila's alarm clock rang obnoxiously, she slapped her hand onto the snooze button and shut it off. "I'll call in sick today."

A/N: I'm never good at endings and I wrote this at 2am so its pretty short and simple. Plus, the girls were near my city and I was emotional. Anyways, thanks for reading, stay humble, eat some food, go pet a dog, and have a nice day. :)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

902K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
638K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.2M 47.2K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...