Sing With Us (One Piece OC)

jesse_fanficmama tarafından

!!BROOK'S BACKSTORY SPOILERS!! (Thriller Bark arc) Escaping her arrest for her unique devil fruit abilities... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - A Whale and His Crew
Chapter 2 - Captain Calico Yorki
Chapter 3 - Smiles and a Song
Chapter 4 - Past and Future
Chapter 5 - Failed Manoeuver
Chapter 6 - The Rumbar Policy
Chapter 7 - A Special Bond
Chapter 8 - Tracked Down
Chapter 9 - Cutting It Close
Chapter 10 - Blood and Bounty
Chapter 11 - In a Small Package
Chapter 12 - Just a Little Fun
Chapter 13 - Daggers in the Dark
Chapter 14 - Let the Music Play
Chapter 15 - Sea King Takedown
Chapter 16 - A Family of Friends
Chapter 17 - They Wouldn't
Chapter 18 - The Opportune Moment
Chapter 19 - Loose Cargo
Chapter 20 - Our Final Farewell
Chapter 21 - As the Years Go By
Chapter 22 - Young Apprentices
Chapter 23 - Hunters & Straw Hats
Chapter 24 - A New Promise
Chapter 25 - Grand Line Rookies
Chapter 26 - Until We Meet Again
Song Credits

Alternate Ending - If Gwen Joined Luffy

148 2 2
jesse_fanficmama tarafından

Luffy: "Gwen! Why don't you come with us?!"

Gwen: "Wh-what?"

Luffy: "Yeah! Join my crew!"

I stood there stunned, looking around at the pirates around me. It's strange. I've been asked that question so many times, by so many captains. Yet... this is the first time I'm actually considering. I turned to Crocus. He didn't need to say anything, I knew what that smile meant. Whether I choose to stay or go, he'd accept my decision. Then I looked to Laboon.

Gwen: "Let's be brother and sister. We'll swear it, right here on this beach! Then, we'll always be connected, and nothing can break that."

I knew my answer. I knew where I belonged.

Gwen: "Thank you, but... my brother needs me... I can't leave him--"

Laboon roared loudly, interrupting me.

Gwen: "Wh- what?"

I walked closer to look him in the eye. I placed my hand on his cheek.

Gwen: "Laboon, you're not saying what I think you're saying..."

My eyes widened as he didn't back down.

Gwen: "Do you... want me to go?"

He chuffed with a nod.

Gwen: "Wh-why? Why, Laboon?! I said I'd never leave you alone... Dozens of captains have asked me the same thing, and you've never objected to me turning them down before!"

Tears filled my eyes as I stared back at my brother in confusion.

Gwen: "Why now, Laboon? It's been decades! Why now?!"

He smiled.

Gwen: "You want me to be happy? I-I am! I'm... I'm plenty happy here with you and Crocus!"

He shook his head, seeing through my charade.

Gwen: "There's more, isn't there?"

His eye shifted to look down at my arm. As I looked at it too, he started chirping in a way that made it sound like he was trying to imitate Brook's laugh.

Gwen: "Brook? You... want me to... find him?"

He nodded with a smile, happy I understood what he was saying.

Gwen: "I don't know about the rest of the crew, but... Brook's devil fruit... there's a chance he's still alive out there you know."

He bellowed, giving me a little shove. I could tell what that meant.

Gwen: "Alive or not, he's been missing for fifty years, buddy. You really think I can find him..."

He nodded. I looked back at Crocus who nodded too. Then I turned to the Straw hats, they were patiently awaiting my answer. I backed up away from everyone, my legs feeling shaky.

Gwen: "I... I need a minute..."

Until I turned around and ran into the lighthouse and into my room. I shut the door behind, pushing my back against it and started hyperventilating and overthinking.

Gwen: 'What the hell am I thinking?! I haven't sailed in years! I'm a Rumbar, not a Straw Hat! I can't leave Laboon alone, he needs me! I promised I'd always look after him! I promised captain we'd wait for them together!'

I took a couple steps forward and fell to my knees with my arms wrapped around myself, not knowing what to do.

Gwen: "Should I stay? Should I go? I... I think I want to go, but... but..."

I looked up at the wanted posters on my walls. Myself, Brook, and Captain Yorki.

Gwen: "Help me... what should I do?"

Crocus: "Hesitating?"

I turned to see Crocus in my doorway, giving me a gentle smile.

Gwen: "It's just been so long... and I've considered myself a Rumbar all this time... How can I just throw all that away?"

Crocus: "You're not throwing anything away, Gwen. Just because you're joining a new crew, doesn't mean you have to forget your old one. They'll always be a part of you."

I wrapped my arms around myself with a shudder.

Gwen: "... I'm afraid... I don't think I'm ready."

He walked in and offered me a hand to help me stand.

Crocus: "You've been more than ready to travel for a long time now... You're strong, brave, and plenty capable. I should apologize for keeping you here too long."

Gwen: "Don't be stupid. I wanted to stay, I needed to... It was my duty."

Crocus: "Don't you worry. I'll continue to take care of your brother while you're gone."

Gwen: "..."

Crocus: "You are going with them? Aren't you?"

Gwen: "...... I think so..."

He smiled and turned to leave.

Gwen: "Crocus..."

Crocus: "Yeah?"

I rushed to wrap my arms around him.

Gwen: "Thank you... I don't say it enough, but I mean it! Thank you for everything! I love you, old geezer..."

He returned my hug, stroking my hair.

Crocus: "Heh... I love you too, reckless brat. And don't worry about us here. You just go out there and have the adventure of a lifetime. I did, now it's your turn."

Gwen: "M-Mhmm."

Crocus: "That's my girl."

He left me alone, and I made the final decision as I gathered my most precious possessions.

Gwen: "I can't believe I'm doing this... ~~I see before me a new horizon! I wanna know, can you show me? I wanna know about these strangers like me. Tell me more, please show me. Something's familiar about these strangers like me... Take me with you to see the world... Where there's beauty beyond my dreams... I want to feel the things you feel...out there, with you...Take a step... There's a world I need to know...~~ "

I slowly and hesitantly walked towards the door, until I stumbled forward like something pushed on my back, but I turned around and I was alone. Or was I?

Gwen: '... Captain Yorki...?'

Silence. I smiled and shook my head, pulling an armband over my tattoo. I may be a Straw Hat now, but I have no intention of forgetting the crew who saved my life.

Gwen: "I'll do everything I can to find what happened to you all... I promise."

I walked out of the lighthouse, and everyone was waiting for me. The crew smiled as they noticed the bag I had over my shoulder. I walked over to Luffy, my knees shaking a little, but I kept going.

Gwen: "Straw Hat Luffy... I accept your offer. Please allow me to join your crew."

He clapped a hand on my shoulder with a smile.

Luffy: "Heeheehee, of course! I want you to join!"

Usopp: "Welcome aboard, Gwen."

Nami: "It'll be nice to finally have another girl around."

Sanji: "When we get out to sea, I'll make you a dessert, anything you like!"

I smiled gratefully at their welcomes. But I turned back to Laboon, my heart still not one hundred percent sure. Until Zoro put a hand on my head, getting my attention.

Zoro: "It's okay, you can say goodbye. We'll wait, take your time."

I nodded thanking him, walking over to my brother.

Gwen: "Laboon... Are you sure about this? I-I'll stay if you-!"

He inched forward into me, urging me to go and have some freedom. Tears slipped down my cheeks and I hugged my giant whale brother the best I could.

Gwen: "I love you too, buddy. I swear on my life, I'll return to you......~~Even though I might not like this, I think that you'll be happier, I want you to be happier... Then only for a minute, I want to change my mind cause, this just don't feel right to me. I wanna raise your spirits... I want to see you smile, but know that means I'll have to leave...~~"

I stood back and placed my hand on his nose, both of us tearing up, remembering the gesture.

Gwen: "No matter where we go... no matter what we do... whether we're together or apart- *sob*! We will always be siblings!"

Although we were crying, we were also smiling.

Gwen: "We're family, Laboon...*sniffle* Now and forever! Don't you ever, ever forget that."

He nodded, giving me his word.

Crocus: "Go on now, Gwen... before you change your mind."

Gwen: "R-right..."

I pressed my forehead to his and kissed him.

Gwen: "I love you, baby brother! Goodbye... Goodbye..."

I ran to the Going Merry, not looking back until I was on board.

Luffy: "See ya, pops! Thanks again for the Log Pose! Take care!"

Crocus: "Have a safe trip, my boy!"

Luffy: "We're heading off, Laboon. Be ready to fight when we get back. And your sister will be just fine with us, so no need to worry."

Laboon cooed, trusting him with me and with keeping his promise.

Luffy: "Next stop! Whisky Peak! Ready, gang! Let's set sail!"

Gwen: 'I'll go! I'll have the adventure of a lifetime! And... I'll find us some closure.'

I ran to the stern and looked back at Crocus and my brother.

Gwen: "LABOOON!! This'll be the last time we say goodbye! I promise I'm coming back! We're family! Nothing will ever change that!"

He teared up and called out to me at those familiar words. I raised my violin, deciding to part ways with a smile and a song.

Gwen: "~~Oh, I bid farewell to the port and the land, and I paddle away from this mountain's red sands, to search for my long ago forgotten friends. To search for the place I hear all sailors end. As the souls of the dead fill the space of my mind, I'll search without sleeping 'til peace I can find. I fear not the weather, I fear not the sea. I remember the fallen, do they think of me? When their bones in the ocean forever will be.~~"

Nami: "You really are a talented musician."

I smiled bashfully.

Gwen: "I was taught by the best."

Fast Forward to the Floridian Triangle...

We made it through a sudden storm. However, it was strange. The sea was now still, but fog surrounded us while dark clouds loomed overhead. I was sat on the rigging, lightly kicking my legs, having just manned the main sail.

Nami: "*sigh* We made it..."

Zoro: "Yeah... it's nice we got out of the storm and all, but where the hell are we?"

Gwen: "It shouldn't be night yet, right? So why is it so dark? And what's with this fog? Strange..."

Nami: "This is it. We paddled Sunny straight into that sea Kokoro was talking about. Geez... I wasn't ready for this..."

Usopp: "Oh, wow! So we're at Fishman Island already?"

Luffy: "Not yet... Remember? The sea of ghosts?"

Gwen & Usopp: "Uh?"

Franky: "That's right. Be careful... You've heard of the Florian Triangle, right? You know... it's also called... the Devil's Triangle! A haunted sea where ships are swallowed by the darkness without a trace!"

Usopp stammered.

Usopp: "Haunted...?"

Gwen: "Ships disappearing without a trace? Hm..."

Robin: "Is something the matter, Gwen?"

Gwen: "Huh? Oh, uhm... No, I guess not."

Luffy: "Heeheehee, bring on the ghosts. I can't wait~"

Usopp: "Shut UP! Why does everyone know about this except ME?! If this is some kind of prank, it's not funny!"

Chopper: "Zorooo..."

Chopper was hugging his leg, shaking. But Luffy laughed.

Luffy: "Nuh-uh, it's real! And I hear there's zombies and skeletons too!"

Usopp: "Ehhh~ Why are you happy about this, Luffy?"

Sanji struck a match and held so the light reflected creepily off his face.

Sanji: "You're letting your imagination run wild, stop trying to scare him. Listen, Usopp... the truth of the matter is, every year over a hundred ships vanish in these waters without any explanation. They say... the sailors souls stay on the ships. Wandering for all eternity."

Robin and I giggled to ourselves as Usopp screamed. Real or not, it was plain they were just trying to scare him.

Usopp: "NO! WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME ABOUT THIS?!!"

Sanji: "Even if we had, there's nothing you can do."

Usopp: "AHH! Sure there is! I'm gonna cover myself in anti-ghost stuff!"

Chopper: "Usopp! You gotta let me borrow some too!!"

I slumped over, hearing a ship creaking.

???: "~~Yo ho ho hooo...... Yo ho ho hooooo~~

Eerie singing echoed around us. I shook my head, thinking I was hearing things, but everyone else was reacting the same way. Like they're hearing a ghost. I turned to now see a wrecked ship creeping up on us.

Gwen: "WHAT THE CRAP?!"

Startled, I fell off the rigging and onto the deck.

Crew: "IT'S A GHOST SHIP!!!"

???: "~~Yo ho ho hooo...... Yo ho ho hooooo~~

The creepy singing continued. But when I sat up, I saw a sight that shook me to my core.

Gwen: "Impossible... Everyone calm down a second!"

Robin: "What is it, Gwen?"

Gwen: "N... no way... How could this be...?"

Franky: "What's up, kid? You're acting like you've seen a... well, you know."

Everyone turned to me as I pushed my armband down around my wrist. With tears filling my eyes, I looked down at my tattoo, then back up at the ship's main sail.

Gwen: "This ship... my old crew..."

Usopp: "As in the crew you haven't seen or heard from in fifty years?!"

Luffy: "Hey, look! That jolly roger is the same as the one on your arm."

Sanji: "Gwen, I hate to break it to you... but I think your old crew is-"

Gwen: "Don't say it! It's been decades, Sanji, I'm not stupid... Just don't."

I wiped my eyes to clear my vision, and stared up at the torn jolly roger, memories flooding back to me.

Gwen: "Franky, could you pull the Sunny in next to her? I'm going abord."

Franky: "You got it, sister!"

As he did, I jumped and caught the rope leading up to the deck.

Luffy: "Hey, I wanna go too-!"

Zoro: "Wait..."

He put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

Zoro: "Let her go alone for now... This is a big deal for her. Hey, Gwen! Just yell if you run into trouble!"

I was too deep in sadness and memories to respond. As I walked around, I noticed how the ship was different to the one we had long ago. But there wasn't a doubt in my mind that this was a Rumbar ship. I don't know what possessed me to walk up to the captain's cabin, with a string of hope I might find him.

Gwen: "... Captain Yorki?"

It was empty of all life, of course. But what was odd to me was that there weren't even any bones. I couldn't find any. No life, no bones. But the flashbacks were almost too much to bear. I could picture their smiles, almost hear their laughs, their singing...

Gwen: "~~when at last before my ghostly shipmates I stand... I shed a small tear for my home upon land...... though their eyes speak of depths filled with struggle and strife...... their smiles below say I don't owe them my life...~~"

The crew who saved my life, who I called family, and who I waited for in vain all those years... this ship was once so full of joy and life... Now just silent.

Gwen: "what happened here...?"

I was no longer angry. That sense of abandonment I've felt for decades, now just sadness, finally understanding. They didn't leave the Grand Line, they didn't abandon us... they died. Or rather... the dry blood stains all over the deck told me they were killed. I headed below deck, but as I trudged down the last step...

???: "~~Yohohoho, yo hoho ho~~"

I froze, once again hearing the oh so familiar voice echo eerily through the ship. More tears filled my eyes and slipped down my face, blurring my vision.

Gwen: "Am I just hearing things based on my memories... or...?"

I followed the singing further down the ship, my hope growing with each step.

Gwen: "What does the Revive Revive fruit do, Brook?"

Brook: "I'm not sure exactly. By the sounds of it, I think it means I'll get a second chance at life. But I won't know how it works until I die."

Gwen: "Could it be...?"

Brook: "~~Gather up all of the crew... It's time to ship out Bink's Brew...~~"

I froze as I walked into what used to be the crew's quarters. My best friend, down to just his bones. But I'd know that voice, and that puffball hair anywhere.

Gwen: "Brook...?"

He flinched and turned to me.

Brook: "No... No, of all people... stop making me imagine her!"

He shook his head, trying to snap out of it.

Gwen: "You think I'm a hallucination..."

Brook: "Hm? Uh, Gwen you... you don't normally cry when I see you..."

A pained smile crossed my face and I walked closer to him, taking his hand.

Gwen: "There's nothing to imagine. I'm right here, Brook... I found you."

He knelt down to my eye level and slowly reached up to touch my cheek.

Brook: "You're warm... it is you."

A laugh broke through the sobs as I wrapped my arms around him.

Gwen: "I thought I'd never see you again!"

Brook: "You and me both, kid."

I could tell from his voice, he was crying too.

Gwen: "I never imagined I'd... find you like this!"

Brook: "I'm sorry... All these years- I'm so sorry."

Gwen: "I can't believe you're alive...! My Brook... My best friend, I found you..."

Brook: "Here, let me look at you."

I stepped back as he wiped the tears from my freckles and brush my hair out of my eyes.

Brook: "YOHOHOHO, you're just as precious as the day we parted. How I've missed that smile."

I giggled feeling so happy and relieved.

Gwen: "We missed you so much."

Brook: "Laboon... Gwen, where is your brother?"

Gwen: "He's fine, Brook. He's back at the Twin Capes. Heh, you should see him! He's grown so big!"

Brook: "Yoho, I'd love nothing more."

My smile faded, remembering how quiet it was. I took my friend's hand in mine.

Gwen: "You're cold... and... and..."

I hadn't noticed the coffins against the walls filled with skulls and bones. Brook watched as I slowly walked over and dropped to my knees in front of them.

Gwen: "Is this all that's left...? *gasp*!"

Not many of the skulls had any hair left, except for two, with the same light brown hair.

Gwen: "Arito... Daisu..."

Arito: "Hey Gwen, can we call you 'Pip'?"

Gwen: "Uhm... why?"

Daisu: "Cause you're so small and cute!"

Gwen: "Hey! Am not!"

Arito: "Too late! Nickname's stuck now~"

Gwen: "Mmm!"

Daisu: "You're proving our point, Pip~"

Gwen: "I am not cute!"

I gently picked them up and hugged them to me before turning back around.

Gwen: "What happened, Brook?"

Brook: "... You don't need to know the details... Just... there was a fight... with poison and... None of us made it."

Tears streamed down my cheeks, now angry again.

Gwen: "Who...? What crew did this to you all, Brook?! Tell me, and I'll kill them all myself!!"

He picked me up and hugged me in his lap.

Brook: "Shh-sh-sh-shhhh... It's okay..."

He gently and comfortingly rocked me as I sobbed in defeat.

Brook: "What's been done is done..."

Gwen: "What about... Captain Yorki? Did they get him too?"

Brook: "No... Before we made it here, he caught a rare and extremely contagious disease... You might have noticed this ship is different from the one we had. We parted ways with Captain Yorki and the infected crew... to keep the rest of us from getting sick... I'm sorry... I don't know what happened to him in the end..."

I buried my face in his ribs, biting my lip.

Brook: "Not a day went by that he didn't think of his guppy. He loved you like a daughter."

Gwen: "... I know."

Yorki: "If I'm being honest, you're the closest to a daughter I've ever had."

Gwen: "I love you, captain. I'm glad to be part of your crew."

Brook: "When we parted ways, he made me Captain... Lotta good that did everyone..."

Gwen: "Don't."

Brook: "Even so... I don't regret that we left you behind. Because if you had come... you'd have just suffered the same fate. You and your brother are alive, and safe. And I know that all of them are at peace because of that."

I looked up at him.

Brook: "Because in the end, that's all they wanted. Was for you two to be safe and happy."

Gwen: "Crocus he... three years after you left, he told us you all left the Grand Line... and abandoned us."

Brook: "Oh no..."

Gwen: "We didn't believe him for a second, but... but it still hurt... a lot."

I rubbed the scars on my legs, the ones that came from me falling from the mountain.

Brook: "Three years... we were already dead, Gwen... my soul had just reunited with my bones."

Gwen: "You you've been here, alone, for the past few decades?"

Brook: "That's right. I tried to come home to you, believe me I did. But... some things happened and... I'm stuck."

Gwen: "Stuck?"

Brook: "It's a long story."

Gwen: "Well... there's only one thing for it then."

I wiped my eyes on my arm, hopped out of his lap and stood in front of him.

Gwen: "Come with me, Brook. Come meet my new crew."

Brook: "Oh?"

Gwen: "Aye, I'm getting you out of here... And I'm never letting you go again."

Fast forward again to the End of Thriller Bark...

Two days after the events of Moria and Oars, after everyone's shadows were reunited with their bodies and Brook officially joined the Straw Hats... Franky, Usopp, Chopper, Brook and I were stood outside in the graveyard. They made a Grave for the Rumbars.

Brook: "YOHOHOHOHO! How splendid! Thank you, Franky, Usopp! It's perfect!"

Franky: "No prob, bro! I can make one of these any day of the week."

Usopp: "But it was my design, just so you know."

Chopper: "Yeah, but I picked out the flowers."

I turned around and hugged Chopper.

Gwen: "They're beautiful, Chopper, thank you."

Chopper: "Aheh! Oh, you jerk, flattery won't get you anywhere with me~!"

Brook: "But true, it's a beautiful memorial. And this is certainly for the best since I could scarcely bring all of those bones onto Mr Lion with us."

Franky: "Okay, but it's Thousand Sunny, not Mr Lion."

Brook: "You know, by happy coincidence, Thiller Bark originally came from the West Blue."

Gwen: "Just like we did..."

Brook: "Yes... Despite the troubles this ship brought me, I hope our friends will rest peacefully in the soil of their homeland."

Usopp: "We're gonna head back now, you two. We'll see you soon."

Franky: "Glad you like it."

Chopper: "Bye bye."

Gwen & Brook: "Thank you."

We sat in front of their grave for a long time. I climbed into Brook's lap as he played a Ballard version of Bink's Brew.

Brook: "Every morning I played something loud and annoying to wake the crew up for the day, yohoho."

Gwen: "I remember... Heh, they hated it..."

Brook: "Yes, but I'd also play this every morning at the captain's request. It was his favourite..."

I stared at our crew's grave, the flowers blowing in the gentle breeze, tears falling down my face.

Gwen: "Brook..."

Brook: "Yes?"

Gwen: "Remember all those years ago... I was always saying how much I regret eating my devil fruit...?"

Brook: "I remember..."

Gwen: "*sniffle* I take it all back... I... I'm so happy I ate that stupid fruit!"

He put his arms around me as I started shaking and sobbing.

Gwen: "I'm... so happy... to be alive!"

Brook: "Me too, Gwen... Me too."

I wiped my face, trying to stop crying, but it wasn't working.

Brook: "Hey, no more tears. You know they'd want to see you smile."

Gwen: "I can't- help it! I... I miss them so much... It hurts even more knowing they're really gone! I wish... I wish I could sing with them... just one more time..."

Brook: "... You can."

Gwen: "Wh-what?"

He lifted me out of his lap and I looked up at him as he sat me next to him.

Brook: "I have something for you."

I flinched a little as he opened his skull and pulled something out.

Gwen: "A tone dial?"

Brook: "So you know it. Well, this one records voices. I purchased it from a merchant ship many years ago. Recorded on this, the last moments of the Rumbar Pirates."

Gwen: "*gasp*!"

Brook: "We made it for you and your brother. I was going to save it until the three of us were back together, but I think you need to hear this now."

Gwen: "And Laboon?"

Brook: "We'll make it back to him... Here, listen."

He placed it in front of us and pushed the play button.

Arito: "The tone dial...?"

A gasp escaped me, recognising his voice.

Brook: "I have an idea... If we're going to die anyway... Why don't we sing a song?"

I could hear some of our crew laughing.

Brook: "I don't know what will happen any more than you do... But if the Revivie Revive fruit really does bring me back to life after I die here. I will deliver this to them without fail."

I covered my mouth... they were still thinking of us.

Brook: "I'll take our kids the song they and our captain love. The song we all shared so many times. And when we meet at that cape, they'll know this crew died without regrets! That we kept our promise... to our dear friends."

"That's a great idea...!" "Nng, alright then. Don't you dare die... until we finish this song." "This is it... the Rumbar Pirates, once in a life time performance. For our friends across the seas." "Gwen, Laboon! This is for you...!"

With a foot tap, they began playing. I took out my violin, looking up at Brook as he nodded.

Brook: "Sing with us."

I smiled and held my violin up.

Gwen & Rumbar Pirates: "~~Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho!~~"

Brook watched me with pride, as I played along with them perfectly.

Gwen & Rumbar Pirates: "~~Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Binks' brew! Sea wind blows, to where, who knows? The waves will be our guide! O'er across the ocean's tide, rays of sunshine far and wide! Birds they sing, of cheerful things, in circles passing by!~~"

Tears slipped down my cheeks, but at the same time, I couldn't help but smile.

Gwen & Rumbar Pirates: "~~Bid farewell to weaver's town, say so long to port renowned! Sing a song, it won't be long, before we're casting off! Cross the gold and silver seas, the salty spray puts us at ease! Day and night, to our delight, the voyage never ends!~~"

This was the first time Brook's heard me play since we parted ways. With fifty years of practice, I can play it perfectly.

Brook: "I'm so proud of you."

A giggle escaped me as I looked up at him.

Gwen & Rumbar Pirates: "~~Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Binks' brew.! Pirates we, eternally, are challenging the sea! With the waves to rest our heads, ship beneath us as our beds! Hoisted high upon the mast, our jolly roger flies! Somewhere in the endless sky, stormy winds are blowing by! Waves are dancing, evening comes, it's time to sound the drums! But steady, men, and never fear, tomorrow's skies are always clear! So pound your feet and clap your hands 'til sunny days return!~~"

Gwen & Rumbar Pirates: "~~Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho!~~"

Gwen & Brook: "~~Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Binks' brew. Wave goodbye, but don't you cry, our memories remain. Our days are but a passing dream, everlasting though they seem. 'Neath the moon we'll meet again, the wind's our lullaby~~"

By this point the voices had decreased. Most of the crew had died.

Gwen & Rumbar Quintet: "~~Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Binks' brew. Sing a song and play along for all the oceans wide. After all is said and done, you'll end up a skeleton, so spread your tale from dawn 'til dusk upon these foamy seas. Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho! Yohohoho yo hoho ho!~~"

Gwen & Brook: "~~Yohohoho yo hoho ho... Yohohoho yo hoho ho...~~"

Thud.

Brook: "Well... it would seem... we're down... to a quartet..."

Thud.

Brook: "A trio..."

Thud.

Brook: "*sob*... And a duet..."

Thud.

Brook: "... A solo..."

I continued playing along with Brook's piano with tears streaming down my face.

Brook: "Gwen... Laboon... I'm sorry... but please... wait for me... my friends..."

The tone dial went static and shut off, marking the moment Brook died.

Brook: "When my soul finally reunited with my bones... I tried to find my way back to you... but... Moria found me first... And I refused to die again! Not without fulfilling our crew's final wish... of returning to our kids..."

I looked up at him, hugging my violin close and he wiped my cheeks.

Brook: "It's okay, no more tears. Because you see, Gwen... Although we were dying, we never lost our spirit, or our smiles... Music, as well as being something we celebrate with, can also be a good medicine."

My eyes widened, remembering those words all too well. The Rumbar Policy...

Gwen: "We sing when we're happy or sad, excited or scared..."

Brook: "That's right."

I set my violin down gently, stood up and wrapped my arms around my best friend.

Gwen: "I love you, Brook. Laboon does too."

Brook: "Yohoho, I love you both too."

I wiped my eyes and looked at him with a smile. Until we heard footsteps behind us.

Gwen & Brook: "Huh?"

Gwen: "Zoro, you're awake."

He stuck a sheathed sword into the ground and sat down next to us.

Brook: "Goodness, you gave me a fright. You were out for quite a while, are you feeling better?"

Zoro: "Yeah, I overslept a bit."

Gwen: "Overslept? Heh, you had us worried... And what's that?"

Zoro: "A dead sword. I'm laying it to rest here too."

We stared as he paid his respects. I glanced up at Brook, remembering what we saw Zoro do.

Brook: "Uhm..."

Zoro: "What is it?"

Brook: "... No, nothing... heh."

I followed his lead in not bringing it up.

Brook: "Oh uh, in case you hadn't heard, I officially joined the crew."

Zoro: "Hah, I see. Well that's too bad for you now, isn't it?"

I giggled, understanding what he meant.

Brook: "Huh? What is it?"

Gwen: "This crew can be a real handful, that's all."

Brook: "Yohohoho! So it would seem, but I'll give them my blood and sweat all the same. Except I don't have any since I'm a skeleton. Yohohoho!"

Zoro: "Don't worry, you'll fit in just fine. Same as squirt did."

I stuck my tongue out at him with a smile and stood to face my best friend properly.

Gwen: "Hey Brook."

Brook: "Yes?"

Gwen: "Let's make them all proud! We'll be Straw Hats and conquer the Grand Line together! And get back to Laboon... He's waiting for us, Brook."

Brook: "You read my mind. YOHOHOHOHO!"

Thank you so much for Reading ❤️🎶

As I did with Zuli, I kept track of the lengths of the chapters by word count. So as a little bonus, I shall announce to you the top three winners for the longest chapters of this story.

- In Third Place, with 4397 words, Chapter 22 - Young  Apprentices

- In Second Place, with 4873 words, the Alternate Ending

- And Finally, In First Place for the longest chapter by word count, with 5111 words, Chapter 13 - Daggers in the Dark!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

57.6K 2K 26
The Revive Revive Fruit, fruit rumored to exist and is written off by many. Despite being a devil fruit, this particular one is different from the re...
31.8K 921 29
📌[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
24K 736 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...
1.3K 9 7
Y/N a new member of the straw hats enjoys her life as a pirate and gains a connection with the Captain of the heart pirates Trafalgar D water Law dur...