A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)

由 kinato_

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathom... 更多

Chapter 1 - The Opening
Chapter 2 - First Introductions
Chapter 3 - The Student Council President
Chapter 4 - An Unusual Outing
Chapter 5 - Class Leaders
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Study Group
Chapter 8 - A New Goal
Chapter 9 - Midterms
Chapter 10 - Bad News
Chapter 11 - The Trial
Chapter 12 - Silver Lining
SS.1 - Growth (Horikita)
Chapter 13 - A Break
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Exam (1)
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Exam (2)
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Exam (4)
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Exam (5)
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Exam (6)
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)
Chapter 21 - A Day Off
Chapter 22 - Zodiac Exam (1)
Chapter 23 - Zodiac Exam (2)
Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)
Chapter 25 - Zodiac Exam (Finale)
Chapter 26 - Sazae-san Syndrome
Chapter 27 - The Beginning
Chapter 28 - A Leader
Chapter 29 - Ability
SS.2 - Behind a Mask (Kushida)
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - The Renegade
Chapter 32 - The Show Begins
Chapter 33 - Challenges
Chapter 35 - Breakpoint
Chapter 36 - Farce
Chapter 36.5 - Small Talk
Chapter 37 - Collapse
Chapter 38 - Negotiations
Chapter 39 - Elites
Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)
Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)
Chapter 42 - Paper Shuffle
Chapter 43 - The Changing Class D
Chapter 44 - Proposition
Chapter 45 - A Warning
Chapter 46 - Indignity
Chapter 47 - Vengeance
Chapter 48 - The Cunning
SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)
Chapter 49 - Pursuer
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence
Chapter 51 - A Club Members Duties
Chapter 52 - A Senior's Wish
Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage
Chapter 54 - The Final Act Begins
Chapter 55 - The Pain of Hope
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 58 - Dread
Chapter 59 - Bloom
Chapter 60 - Preparation
News
Chapter 61 - Initiation
Chapter 62 - A Good Gift

Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks

1.1K 66 23
由 kinato_

"C'mon! Let's get going already!" Sudo aggressively gathered all the boys in Class D to prepare for the next event. "This is an event we must win!"

"You know, what, Sudo, I may have to purposefully not try during this event," Ike said jokingly to his friend.

But Sudo did not take that joke lightly. I'm pretty sure he didn't even believe that Ike was joking. Sudo stormed up to Ike, grabbing him by the collar and raising Ike up to his height.

"You'll give it your all, alright? The only way I'll be happy with your performance is if you die on the field from exhaustion, got it?"

Ike was shaking before Sudo's deadly presence. This might be a serious threat. Not only toward Ike but to the rest of Class D. Sudo's attitude had grown more rash as this event went on, no doubt because of most of your classmates netting subpar results.

There is definitely an individual working behind the scenes, wishing for our downfall.

Ultimately this may have been my fault. It was my decision, and after consulting with Hirata and Horikita thoroughly, I decided to make Sudo the leader of this festival.

I thought, given his natural skill set and ability, this festival would be the perfect setting for him to smooth over things with our class and truly demonstrate his value for Class D. He is an extremely valuable asset for our class, but I don't think many other people can see past his rough exterior.

While the Class D participants sauntered onto the field. I couldn't help but notice on the opposite of the field the competition for capture the flag.

Firstly there was Class B. Led by Kanzaki, while Class B wasn't the most gifted class when it came to athletics, they excelled in communication and trust, which could easily cover up those grey areas. Also, with Shibata on their side, I assumed he would be a key player in their strategy to win this event.

And next, there was Class C. Which represented a stark contrast to that Class B. Class C, completely ruled by Ryuuen, thrived on their physical abilities. Ryuuen used those abilities at his discretion, not caring if they fell behind in the process. Individuals such as Albert and the nuisances involved in Sudo's case earlier this year, such as Ishizaki, would definitely be a pain. Class D made our way over to our side of the field, where we were met by Class A's Katsuragi.

Katsuragi. The supposed leader of Class A. Recently Kanzaki's standing within the class has been shaky. That fact may cause problems during this event. Especially if most of the boys within Class A did not side with him.

"Katsuragi," I called out. "What should the plan be for this event?"

"Fukumoto, I had the same question. It's best to strategize now before the event starts. Otherwise, we would be scrambling and give the opponents an unnecessary advantage."

"Well, I was thinking it may be best to separate by class. Trust and communication between teammates would go far smoother that way. Of course, if need be, we can switch it up a little, but for now, we should stay separated by class and flip roles each round."

"Agreed," Katsuragi replied. "Class D will go on the offensive first."

Once the flags were set. Each side took their places.

It seemed that Class B would also start the game off by defending their flag. Class C is set up to be the first attackers from the opponent's side.

To keep all participants safe. The school had strictly explained that neither attacking team would interfere with each other. Strictly limiting this battle to a Class B vs. Class D.

"This will be too easy," Sudo said out loud as we waited for the game to start. "Those Class B idiots won't know what hit em."

"Calm down. We still have a cooperative relationship with them."

Sudo scoffed back at my remark. "I don't care, there's no way they'll beat us."

I internally facepalmed. It's good and all to have a strong drive and determination. And there may come a point where our cooperative relationship ends. But until that time, we should try and keep the negativity to a minimum. Sudo probably didn't understand that yet.

"It's been a while since I've done this," Miyake walked up to me.

I was slightly confused if he was speaking to me since I've rarely interacted with him, but I continued on.

"I don't remember having ever done this before."

There was a slight amount of shock behind Miyake's eyes. "You've never done this before?"

"Nope. So I'm sorry if I disappoint."

A crack of the pistol was sounded, indicating the start of the first match.

Immediately, Class D's offensive attack was led by a charging and yelling Sudo. More proactive members such as myself, Ayanokouji, Hirata, and Miyake followed quickly behind. While our other classmates gave a half-hearted effort following our advancement.

"Keep your eyes on Sudo!" Class B shouted as our advance came closer. While Sudo is definitely a focal point in our team, a feeling of envy did creep up inside me. Why wouldn't Class B be concerned about me? Considering how the festival is going any normal person would be worried about my presence.

Nonetheless, I cleared my head and followed Sudo's movements. He rammed straight into their defense. Trying to outmuscle all the bodies in his way. He was successful in moving the first few bodies out of the way, but as he continued his movements slowed down as there was more force pushing him back.

"Come on, you lazy donkeys! I'm making a path!" Sudo yelled back at us.

Almost all of Class B's defense was focused on Sudo. A few others focused on Hirata, Ayanokouji, and Miyake. But they seemed to be forgetting about me.

I lowered myself and ran into the pile of bodies behind Sudo, hoping to use him as cover. But as I went to step around Sudo, I was greeted by a pair of purple eyes.

"Yo, Fukumoto-kun. It's been a while."

I clicked my tongue in response. How did Kanzaki find me so quickly?

I took a stride to my right, hoping to shake Kanzaki off. But he kept up with me, always staying within arm's length of me.

Taking a few steps outside the pile, I went back to re-evaluate the situation.

Surprisingly, as I did so, Kanzaki was still following me. I didn't know he had such athletic skills to keep up.

"You're quite slow now, Fukumoto-kun. Did all those races tire you out?"

"I didn't think you'd be the trash-talking type of guy."

Kanzaki shrugged in response. "Just trying to throw you off. But I doubt that would work."

Without a second thought, I immediately sprinted to the opposite side of the flag from Sudo. With most of their defense holding him back, there had to be an opening somewhere.

As I rounded to the opposite side, Kanzaki met me there. My idea was correct, and there were fewer people on this side. But Kanzaki still remained in my way.

"You want to hold my hand or something? You've been following me pretty closely," I said to Kanzaki.

Kanzaki laughed in response. "Just trying to keep you occupied, that's all."

This was starting to get frustrating. Normally I could've just barreled right through Kanzaki's one-man defense. But showing off the strength of that level would elicit quite a few concerned reactions. There was a time and place for everything. With all the watchful eyes, this was not one of those moments.

I would have to outmaneuver or outsmart Kanzaki if I wanted to help the team.

Once again, I picked up speed and made laps around the defense surrounding the flag. Looking for any weak points. But Kanzaki was determined to stay on me. Not caring to look back on how his team was doing. His eyes were glued to all of my movements.

Class B was still managing to fend off Sudo with sheer numbers. And not many other Class D students were doing anything to cause a commotion in Class B's defense.

"You know, I'll let you in on a secret," Kanzaki said as he ran beside me. "Our defensive plan was to apply as many bodies on Sudo as possible, as you can see. But... The second part of that plan was to keep you isolated. Place you in a one-on-one, where the defender kept you occupied throughout the whole battle."

So this was their approach. Keep Sudo at bay by sheer numbers. And forcing me to the outside so they wouldn't have to split numbers between Sudo and me. It was a risky plan, considering that it left fewer bodies to defend against the likes of Hirata or Miyake. But it was working.

"Pretty bold of you to tell me your plan out loud."

"Well, it is working. So I wanted to boast a little."

"Too bad Ayanokouji's breaking through right now," I replied.

That was it. The one moment I needed to change the tide.

"You scrub," I said.

Up until this point, Kanzaki was stuck to me like glue. Watching each and every one of my movements and keeping up as best as possible. He didn't care about what was going on around him, because he trusted his teammates.

But that one simple line gave me the advantage.

Humans have roughly a 180-degree field of vision. Meaning whatever is within that field, is visible.

Once I said that Ayanokouji was breaking through to the flag. Kanzaki's eyes momentarily broke away from me in search of Ayanokouji. Truthfully, it was a bluff that Ayanokouji was breaking through their defense. I didn't even know where he was at this point.

Class B was built upon trust and compassion for each other. Believing working together would help them reach the end goal.

Manipulating that fact within Kanzaki and causing concern to rise inside himself gave me all the time I needed to change the flow of this game.

With his vision finally breaking away from me. I firmly planted my right foot into the ground, digging up some of the soil along the way. I cut back behind Kanzaki as he continued forward with his run. Giving myself all the time I needed to cut below Class B's defense and make it to the flag pole.

"Someone's breaking through!" a Class B boy said as I went past him.

I had finally shaken off Kanzaki and wrapped my upper body around the base of the flagpole. Slowly, the pole started to wobble in my direction. Most of Class B's defense turned to focus their attention on the person who had broken through their defense and caused this disturbance.

Which gave our key player all the time he needed to break through. With everyone's attention turning toward me for the moment, it gave Sudo all the time he needed to finally break through all the bodies and aid me in taking the pole down.

"I've got it!" Sudo screamed nearby.

With the powerhouse Sudo by my side, I could put a little more strength into helping to bring down the pole. It was still a hard-fought battle for us two, though. Considering it was only us two against at least 7 other Class B members, it was a hard battle.

The pole started to shake more in my direction. But it wasn't close to coming down.

"One more strong pull!" Sudo continued to bellow. "Then we can take this thing down!"

We both gave one strong pull. I pulled the base with even more strength than before. Naturally, thinking to pin the win on Sudo for the 7 vs. 2 win.

The pole had finally started to fall down. It was nearly at a 45-degree angle with the ground before...

A loud screech of a whistle met all of our ears. Signaling the round to stop.

I stood up from the mass of bodies surrounding the flag Sudo and I desperately tried to pull down.

On the other side of the field, Class C, with a triumphant-looking Ryuuen, stood over all the members of Class A as they had managed to pull down the flag seconds before us.

The round ended in the White team's victory.

As we switched positions with Class A, Sudo made sure to air his grievances about their failure.

"You're all supposed to be Class A! I've seen worms stronger than you bunch. Damn it! Put your back into it this time, or I'll kill you!" Sudo screamed as Class A took their positions.

"That was a hard fight," Ayanokouji said as he walked toward me.

"I tried my best. Would've been nice for someone else to help too."

"Maybe another time, my stomach wasn't feeling well," Ayanokouji replied nonchalantly. Classic Ayanokouji.

We prepared ourselves to defend our flag. If we lost this fight, we would be met with an overwhelming defeat. It was critical to defend the flag with our lives.

I looked across the field to see who would be attacking our flag. Surprisingly, Class C was attacking, again. Did they actually strategize with Class B about this? Or was it part of a bigger plan from Ryuuen?

"I expect you all to die protecting this flag!" Sudo yelled. "The only one who helped me last time was Fukumoto. You better make it up here and now!"

A few of my classmate's faces tightened in response to the threat. But we all prepared ourselves for this next fight.

The pistol sounded, indicating the start of round 2.

Sudo, Hirata, and I formed a triangle around the base of our flag. While Students such as Ayanokouji and Miyake formed walls around us, alternating between the weaker and stronger students.

Class C came charging forward at us in the shape of an arrow, led by Albert and Ryuuen in the very back, controlling them all.

"Uraa!"

There was a sudden class of bodies just ahead of me. Class C's formation spread out around the perimeter of our defense and quickly advanced.

What was concerning me though, was the fact our defense was falling so quickly. Our defense seemed to be grappling pretty well, but they were run over in an instant.

I watched more carefully at the people in front of me and instantly noticed.

Class C was clearly using foul play to break through our defense.

Amidst the chaos of all the bodies, it would be quite hard to notice the subtleties, such as an 'accidental' elbow to the gut or harder-than-needed pushing.

"Hey! Did someone just punch me?!" Sudo cried out beside me. "That's against the rules!"

More students began to drop like flies or cowards away and opened a direct path to our flag. If this continued, our flag would fall in mere moments.

"Agh!" Sudo let out a loud scream as he dropped down to one knee. But before he could react a student instantly kicked his back, knocking him flat on the ground.

There was no way our class could defend the flag now. With a core member of our defense out, it would be a miracle to win.

The weight of the flag was pushed onto Hirata and I. Causing an immense amount of force to be suddenly thrust onto us.

"Kiyotaka," I called out.

"Yeah," Ayanokouji responded right beside me.

"I need you to switch with me. There's a high chance we won't win this fight, but I can still do something to help."

Ayanokouji's empty eyes met mine, and with a simple nod, he switched places with me and held the flag up.

Leaving my position, I kept myself low, moving through the mass amount of bodies to keep myself hidden.

I made my way over to the biggest threat from Class C. Albert, Yamada. He was barreling through our defense. The core of Class C's attack.

Luckily I was low enough for him not to notice me.

Once I was within arm's length of Yamada, I closed my left hand into a fist, cocked it back, and unleashed an excruciatingly painful shot below the diaphragm, right on his liver. Yamada not expecting this attack, immediately dropped down onto one knee and clutched his right side. Being at my level, he instantly recognized where the attack had come from and made a move to take me out. Unfortunately for Yamada, that liver shot slowed his movements drastically. I countered his weak attack with an open-palm strike to his throat. Leaving him breathless as he collapsed to the floor.

My methods may have been extreme, but I didn't feel sorry for him in the slightest. I would do whatever I can to try and win.

Looking past the crowd of bodies, I noticed Ryuuen's face tense up as his main pawn suddenly dropped to the ground.

I made my way over to Komiya, one of the idiots involved in Sudo's case. He was nearing Hirata as he protected the flag, delivering a sharp side chop to his temple, Komiya instantly fell to the ground in agony.

"Augh!" Komiya let out a painful holler, as he held the side of his head. I quickly left the scene to hopefully not be noticed.

It was risky for me to continue using foul play. The more bodies that would suddenly disappear would warrant unwanted attention. If I wanted to continue, I would have to be cautious about who I'd take down next. If someone did notice me, I could always say Class C was also doing it. But even with the proof of my injured classmates, I would still receive punishment for retaliation.

I made my way over to one last person. If I took this man out, I could return to defending our flag and wait for Class A to do their job.

Taking a side step to my right, I planted myself right in front of Ishizaki. He froze for a moment at my sudden appearance. Which gave me all the time I needed.

My right first stooped down toward the ground and accelerated quickly as I raised it toward Ishizaki's unguarded chin.

This was all I needed. Class D could bring this back if I delivered this finishing blow-

My fist stopped. Millimeters away from delivering the final blow. A whistle had just sounded indicating the end of the round.

I looked back toward our flag and noticed it toppled on the ground. What a disappointment.

I faced Ishizaki again and backed away from him. There would be no need to continue if we had already lost.

I looked at my classmates and noticed most of them holding a part of their bodies in pain. There was no chance Class C would be caught for using foul play, they could always say it was just collateral damage. Not intentional.

As I stood up to leave, I was greeted by Ryuuen's ugly face.

"Kuku got a little heated there. Didn't it, leader? Looks like your a lot like me," Ryuuen smirked in response.

"Don't get it twisted," I said. "I wanted to win. And if that meant showing you the weakness of your men, then I'll count that as a win too."

"Oh? They should be alright. Albert's a strong guy. Komiya, I could care less about. And Ishizaki looks like his life flashed before his eyes. What surprised me most was how you pulled off such violent actions without any remorse, only a devil could do that."

"Says the side character who watched all this happen. Next time don't be a coward and come at me directly," I waved Ryuuen off and returned to my tent.

As I walked into the class's tent, I instantly felt a depressing aura surround our class. Especially after this terrible defeat.

"Hey, it's alright everyone," Hirata was trying to bring the mood back up for the class. "It's not over yet. Sure, we have a few injuries here and there, but we shouldn't let that stop us."

No one looked toward Hirata or even shared his thoughts either. Class D was on the brink of collapse.

We were being shown how weak we are. The difference in fighting strength between each class was more apparent now than ever.

The focus was not on Class D winning anymore. But what we could do to change that gap between classes right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

WOAH WOAH WOAH

when did this story surpass 25k reads?! Like what this is truly amazing! I am so happy to have you all supporting this story and i hope it keeps entertaining you all!

thank you for supporting it means sm!

your all the absolute best!

adieu!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

25.6K 435 104
Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and Class S finally graduate from ANHS...but his freedom has yet to be achieved. Though originally, he planned on returning to t...
105K 2.9K 10
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's life hasn't been easy. After being placed in the white room for an experiment by his father during most of his childhood, he ev...
23.7K 1K 12
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. A demon in the fourth generation and a masterpiece of the White Room. He always relied only on himself and did not count on anyon...
116K 4.6K 35
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the sole survivor of the demonic 4th generation and the Masterpiece of the White room, has passed his final examination. But, du...