Harry Potter and The Shadowed...

נכתב על ידי itshannieee

After the final battle Harry learns some unsettling truths about himself and those who he trusts the most. Fo... עוד

The bonds that hold us
Unlocked Potential
A look beneath a mask
The master of Three
Hello Old world, I'm back
Honey I'm home
Snake in the nest
Revenge served cold
Magical Maze's
Allies and Enemies
Friends, old and new
A web is cast
Then there were three
Let the disillusionment begin
Black family values
new experiences and namely friends
Fate really does like certain events
Unravelling a web
Far fetched reality
Four out of five
Second year
A peacock and two weasels
Traditions
Building bridges
Secret chambers and sacred maps
How to get rid of a peacock
foolish plans of a peacock
Theft and compulsions all around
A diary
yuletide
An inner circle
Mortem Magicae
Call me Marvolo
A complete soul, more or less..
Relocation
A baby Dark Lord in the making
Part two
It begins
It's not all sunshine and daisies
Bug Hunting
The First Steps
Will there be dragons?
Magical interventions
I see fire
How to catch a goat
A monster of our own making

End of a Legend

7.2K 269 94
נכתב על ידי itshannieee

Chapter 46

~

Previously

Severus looked over at the dancing couple, who without even realising seemed to be drawing the eyes of the crowd. They had a natural magnetism, and even though Severus would bet this was the first time, they moved together as though they had been dancing with each other for years.

Still before he could ponder the Dark Lord's plans some more, a hush fell over the room, Dumbledore had appeared and the look on his face was one Severus would cherish for years to come. Many had recognised the dark Lord, not for who he was, but as Lord Gaunt. The old man was furious, eyes bullying and lips pursed, practically shaking with righteous indignation.

"You!" The old man bellowed

The pair dancing stopped, Severus noticing how Harry rolled his eyes at the smirking dark Lord. Severus made a mental note to talk to the boy about appropriate responses to real threats.

///

Marvolo bowed to his mate, placing a soft kiss to his hand before turning to face the thunderous looking headmaster.

He heard students whispering about their dancing, many curious about their relationship and even more jealous about what it could mean. A part of him was glad there were so many witnesses here tonight, so many that had seen how perfect he and Harrison were together, as even though he couldn't claim his soulmate publicly yet, he could plant the seeds that Harrison was his.

///

Albus couldn't believe his eyes. Tom was here, in Hogwarts! But not only that, he was dancing with his pawn! Oh, he knew that boy was trouble, never doing as he was supposed to, but this, this was too much! Acting like a whore to the darkside, oh, how he would make the brat suffer!

"How dare you come here!" he roared, ignoring how the room, who had all had paused at his previous bellow, took a step back. He was too focused on the monster daring to stand in his hall.

///

Stepping away from Harrison, yet remaining in front of him to ensure that any potential spell fire wouldn't hit him, Marvolo allowed an expression of confusion to cross his face. The old man didn't seem to notice that everybody was looking at him with judgement, too caught up in his own world, but Marvolo saw it, and relished in it.

"Are you speaking to me, Mr Dumbledore?" he asked, internally smirking when the whispers rose. The students were confused as to why their precious headmaster was acting like this, though many didn't seem shocked as they had read about his recent disgrace in the Wizengamot.

"How dare you come here and stand amongst these innocent souls, LORD VOLDEMORT!"

The room exploded at that announcement, some people freezing in fear whilst others jumped into motion. Namely the teachers, upon hearing Dumbledore's claims they quickly stepped forward and moved the students away, though Harrison remained, hidden behind Marvolo, unwilling to leave.

Rolling his eyes Marvolo let out a dry laugh, "are you still on that? How many times must I say it? I am not Lord Voldemort."

Dumbledore though didn't seem to listen nor care, instead he brandished his wand theatrically, causing everybody still near him to hurry back even further, the students visibly frightened by the volatile actions. Though some took that as a sign to step forward, namely professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Moody.

"Albus! Are you even thinking?!" Minerva hissed, sounding shockingly like her animagus form, "put your wand away!"

Dumbledore sent her a look of pity, he didn't know why his faithful followers were doubting him but he would show them, he would show them all, "I am clearly the only one thinking!"

Marvolo sent the three professors now closing in on Dumbledore, looks of exasperation, before shaking his head in feigned concern, "if this continues I will file a formal complaint. Not only is it slanderous, but he is stirring up fear unnecessarily. Look at the children. Here stands a man who is supposed to teach them, yet he stands screaming about a monster long dead. His obsession with the Dark Lord is unhealthy."

"If only you were long dead Tom, though perhaps I can make it so," Dumbledore replied, voice ice cold.

His words sent a ripple through the crowd, students gasping as they realised that their headmaster, a usually genial and grandfatherly figure could act so callously. Albus seemingly didn't notice the horror his words caused and insead sent a curse at Tom, one not recognised by many, though one Tom knew well.

"ALBUS" Moody screamed in horror, also recognising the spell and knowing that it was one of the darkest to be cast, it would rip the victim apart from the inside out.

Marvolo raised his wand and countered the spell with one of his own, making sure he stuck to a powerful neutral curse, though he was surprised that Dumbledore would go as far as to use the dark arts in a room full of children.

The spells collided in the middle, teachers and students alike watching in horror.

Harrison stepped to the side and drew his own wand, he knew his mate was powerful but he didn't want to just stand back and let him fight their battles alone.

Alastor couldn't believe what he had just witnessed, but he knew he had to act, though first he needed back up. Sending a patronus to Amelia he stepped forward and sent a stunner at Albus's back, not surprised when the man waved it away, though he was surprised at the venom in his old friend's eyes. Oh how far he had fallen.

Albus gasped as his spell with Tom died, his old enemy had regained his former strength, he doubted he would be able to overpower him. Though he didn't let his fears stop him, still before he could attack again, he felt another spell coming from behind. Spinning he deflected it, only to come eye to eye with Alastor. "Oh my old friend, can't you see," he whispered softly.

Harry shook his head, stepping forward he decided to enter the playing field, "see what headmaster? Why are you acting like this?"

Albus turned again, his eyes locking onto the boy who destroyed all of his plans, "oh you poor child, taken in so easily by the darkness, there is no saving you now," he snarled quietly.

Seeing the headmaster go to move, Harry lashed out with a spell of his own.

"AVADA-

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

Screams rose out as the spells collided, though only Harry knew he had nothing to fear, he knew the elder wand would never truly turn on him, especially when wielded by a pitiful creature like Dumbledore.

Tom flinched as those words were screamed, he instinctively went to throw himself in front of Harrison. Death, something that once was his greatest fear, didn't seem that frightening compared to the thought of his little raven coming to harm. Still he fought his instincts and remained in place as he felt Harrison's hand hold him back.

Harry felt his powers rise within him, and knew that he would soon be reunited with his wand. He watched as Dumbledore's wand rose in an arc, flying towards him, returning to its rightful owner.

Dumbeldore watched in horror, he couldn't lose that wand!

"No!" He shouted, and tried to summon it back, but it was though his connection to it had been cut.

His shout seemed to stir the crowd, who reacted by drawing their own wands and pointing them at the now disgraced headteacher.

Though before anybody acted a spell hit the old man, rendering him bound in magical ropes, the caster seemingly vibrating in anger.

"How dare you!" Fillus snarled, showing his goblin heritage in all its glory, "you dare to attack one of my students? Not while I'm standing here!"

Harry watched in awe as the former duelling champion waved his wand and the robes responded, noting the magic coming off them and realising they were magic suppressing.

"Pup!" Sirius yelled, finally breaking free of Severus who was near speechless at the actions of the headmaster.

Harry shook his head, his magic humming at finally having all of the hallows back in his possession, he could hardly believe it was so easy.

"I'm okay," he said, reassuring those who had surrounded him, making sure to send his magic out to his mate who's magic was practically smothering him.

Albus felt the ropes draining him and let out a hollow laugh, oh how had it come to this? Why couldn't they see?

With all eyes on the disgraced headmaster, nobody saw Harry slip his newly acquired wand into his own holster.

///

Meanwhile, Lucius walked with confident strides towards the headmasters office, a part of him felt insulted to be given such a mundane mission, yet another part of him felt honoured to be given his lords trust; even if the mission wasn't anything glamorous.

Entering the headmasters office with the override password given to the governors he pulled out the object his lord had crafted for this very purpose. The glasses looked normal upon first glance, yet upon closer inspection they had numerous runes carved Into the metal. Placing them upon his face, the Malfoy lord quietly gasped, the amount of cursed and charmed items in the old man's office was impressive. Yet he knew he couldn't get distracted by them, he had a mission. Looking around he finally saw what it was he was after. Approaching the grand bird stand, Lucius looked through the glasses and took in the runes placed at the base, feeling sick. Enslavement and containment runes. Bringing his wand out he carefully started to cast, peeling back layer after layer of enchantment, until finally the spells broke and the creature he was here to rescue appeared.

The fire phoenix looked dreadful, plumage dull and eyes sad, a truly pitiful sight. The mournful trill it let out almost made Lucius lose his composure, the sound filling him with a profound sadness.

"I'm here to help you," he murmured to the bird, inspecting the thin chain connecting it to the stand.

Although he might not flaunt it, Lucius was not a weak wizard, nor was he dumb, many assumed he got to where he was on his money and his name, but they would be wrong. His lord was not one of those fools though, and that was why he had been picked for this particular mission, not only because he was a governor but also because his lord trusted him and his abilities, and he refused to fail.

Inspecting the chain he drew his wand and started the delicate process of freeing the bird. He didn't know why his lord and Harrison were so insistent but he knew he couldn't fail.

///

Tom didn't allow his guard to drop even with the old man bound. Though he did take a moment to relish in watching him laid low in front of so many impressionable witnesses.

Slamming doors announced the arrival of the aurors, with Amelia bones leading the way, fire in her eyes.

Amelia quickly scanned the scene; the patronus from Alastor had come during a shift change and caused a ruckus within the office. Though at this point she wasn't shocked by the headmaster's actions, in recent years he had been acting more erratic. That Harrison Potter Black was also standing there was the icing on the cake. The boy should come with a warning label. Better yet, she might make one for him.

Albus paused in his struggles as the doors flew open, he had been expecting Tom's Death Eaters, not thinking the man wouldn't push his temporary victory. It only took him a moment to decide that perhaps death eaters would have been better than reality, as what he saw filled him with dread. The aurors in their red uniforms looked at him with everything ranging from shock, to pity, to disgust, though the worst was Amelia bones, her eyes glared at him as though he was the devil himself.

"What happened here?" Amelia asked, eyes going to Harrison who as always was in the thick of it, how a boy her nieces age got into so many dangerous situations she didn't know.

Seeing her eyes on him, Harry rubbed the back of his neck, making sure to look as innocent as possible, "well you see..."

"That piece of shit tried to kill me son!" Sirius spat out, interrupting Harry before he could even start. Free from severus he was now making his way to the headmaster, wand in hand and fire in his eyes.

Amelia sighed and with speed that surprised many intercepted the Lord Black, who she didn't doubt was about to cast some spells that would have him back in Azkaban, lawfully this time.

"Lord Black, if that's the case perhaps you should be with Harrison," she said gently, but her eyes were like steel, promising justice.

Sirius growled, sending the disgraced headmaster a look that vowed retribution before swiftly turning and making his way to Harrison, who he noted looked vaguely amused, though he doubted anybody else but those closest to him would be able to tell.

///

"Albus Dumbledore," Amelia mused as she approached the bound man, pleased to see that her men had spent the last few moments securing the headmaster and getting rid of their audience, "What were you thinking?" she asked him, not truly surprised by his actions but curious as to what he would say.

Albus hissed, the ropes were causing his leech to drain quickly, interrupting the flow of magic he was receiving and making him weak again.

"It was the only way, you might not see it, but I know that man is evil. He's Voldemort. He will kill you all!" He roared as he felt the spell's lurch before a snap rebounded through him, causing him to cry out, the raw sound making almost everybody take a step back in shock.

"What is happening?" Amelia asked, shocked as Dumbledore's eyes rolled and his body slumped in a dead faint.

///

Molly Weasley had not been the same since hearing the news about her son. That was something all of the healers at Saint Mungo's agreed on. It was as if the news had broken something deep inside of her.

Those on the staff who had children could understand it in some way, she had not only lost one child but the other was seriously harmed. Many who lived through the last war knew personally the horror she felt, knew that a parent should never outlive their child, so they understood her to an extent... still her steep and sudden deterioration was shocking.

Calypso Vale though didn't agree with this, there was something unnatural about the situation. She wasn't a qualified healer yet, her training only half way done, but what she was was sensitive to magic, and Molly Weasleys magic was wrong.

Still no matter what she did or said, she couldn't prove it, and her unproven speculations didn't hold much weight.

It was as though magic was being drained from her. Yet no matter what she tried she couldn't find how or why. Still she kept trying, researching different reasons as to why one's magic would fade, but her findings were inconclusive. There were many diseases that could cause such a thing, but they all came with other symptoms.

With a frustrated sigh she slammed the obscure text book closed, no closer today than she had been all week.

Deciding to go stretch her legs she felt a lurch go through her, and noticed all the staff similarly stiffened. One of their patients was in trouble, and the wards were letting them no.

Rushing towards where the wards were pulling her she wasn't surprised to see the door to Molly's room open, but what did shock her was the state of the woman.

Her power was back, but her actual magic was most likely forever beyond her reach as her core was shredded. And rather than catatonic she was screaming again like she had days previously, though this time it was a different name.

"ALBUS!"

///

Harry felt the magic around Dumbledore tremble as the man let out a shriek that had many stepping back.

Sharing a glance with Marvolo he noted the look of interest and satisfaction in the older man's eyes as he stared at their diminishing enemy.

"The leech?" Harry hissed quietly.

"It would seem so beloved, those ropes of Flitwicks truly are interesting."

"No hissing," Sirius whispered to them as he finally drew close enough to pull Harry into his arms.

Marvolo rolled his eyes at the man child now holding his little raven.

"Lord Black," he greeted formally, for appearance's sake.

"Lord Gaunt," the other man replied, "thank you, for protecting my heir."

Marvel nodded, "if anything, young Harrison protected me. His disarming charm truly came at the right moment. I can't believe how far Dumbledore would go..." he trailed off as though deeply troubled, which to be fair, seeing Harrison in danger had troubled him, though he wasn't surprised that Dumbledore had tried.

A throat clearing turned their attention to Amelia who was looking between them with a hint of something in her eyes.

"What happened tonight?" she asked in a tone conveying little patience.

"I was dancing with Lord Gaunt," Harrison offered, sending a shy smile at his soulmate, "we were just coming to an end when the headmaster appeared. He wasn't happy and started shouting about Voldemort and how Lord Gaunt had to die..."

Amelia hid a smirk at the smitten look the young heir sent towards Lord Gaunt, she was both shocked and yet not, that Harrison had noted how attractive Gaunt was, shocked because from what she had seen the boy was too focused on other things to truly get caught up in romance but then again, he was a teenager... and Lord Gaunt was a very handsome young man.

"What happened then?" she asked, keeping on track.

"He sent a spell I didn't recognise-"

"Anima Lacrimam," Sirius interrupted, pleased when Amelia paled.

"You're certain?" she asked.

"It was the spell," Marvolo confirmed.

Amelia closed her eyes, she had been looking into Dumbledore and had found many inconsistencies, but had never been able to prove anything enough to get him arrested or even questioned. His actions tonight was the evidence she needed to finally get some answers, but that he had and could act so rashly scared her, as she was sure the answers she would uncover would be beyond her imaginings.

"How did you..." she trailed off, saying 'survive' seemed wrong.

"I'm not one to brag, but I have always excelled at duelling. I countered him," Marvolo said, the mild tone making Harry want to laugh. Marvolo not wanting to brag?

Amelia nodded, indicating for him to continue.

"I couldn't move as I knew Harrison was behind me, and with how he was acting I didn't want to risk anything. Instead I cast back; a knockout jinx, though it didn't land. The teachers then got involved. It was Professor Moody I believe who attempted to stun him. While distracted, Harrison stepped out from behind me," here his voice took a reproachful tone, he wasn't happy that his little mate put himself in danger. Oh he knew Harrison was powerful but still, if he could Harrison would never be in a situation which could cause him harm.

"I couldn't just stand there," Harrison defended himself, "I don't like Dumbledore, which isn't shocking to anybody here, I know. But I didn't think he would try and kill me..."

Amelia paled, "he cast at you?"

"The killing curse, though he didn't finish the words. I disarmed him before," Harrison said, wincing as Sirius' hands which had been resting on his shoulders clenched painfully at the mention of how close Dumbledore had come to casting that particular spell at him.

Amelia noted the pale face of Lord Black and the eyes burning with malice, "you're sure that was the spell?" she asked

All three nodded, closing her eyes for a moment she fortified herself before she straightened out.

"I will require formal statements," she said, eyes on the young boy who she knew her niece considered family, a young boy who had already been through so much and was now going to have to go through more thanks to a deranged old man.

She didn't know why Dumbledore had passed out, and now instead of the secure cell he deserved he would be transported to st. Mungos.

///

Lucius scowled as the bird on his shoulder continued to groom his already impeccable hair.

He didn't doubt freeing the bird from Dumbledore was important, and he was proud of himself for being chosen and pulling off his mission without a hitch, but now the damned feather brain was acting as though it was his mother. Trilling happily to him and rubbing itself against him. He was not a bird damn it!

"I need to go, my Lord needs to know of my success. Off with you," he said, shooing it away.

The bird seemed to wilt slightly, unsure why his saviour didn't want him.

"Harrison and my lord will no doubt-" before he could continue the bird trilled excitedly and flamed out.

Lucius stood for a moment before cursing. He hoped the damned bird had not returned to Dumbledore, though his lord had not said what to do with it after freeing it, so hopefully he wouldn't get cursed when reporting back.

///

Harrison watched as the aurors carefully levitated Dumbeldres' prone body. He was sure that the pain that had caused him to pass out came from the magical leech, and honestly, Harrison was curious as to what would happen if he was put in close proximity to Molly.

"What's going to happen now?" Sirius asked, eyes locked on Dumbledore.

"Now, we watch as all he loves burns," Harrison said with a smirk.

"It can't be this easy," Sirius rebutted.

"It won't be, I don't doubt he has back up plan after back up plan, but for now, we will let his crimes come to light," Harrison responded, "his loyal followers will be forced to see him for what he truly is."

Sirius nodded, not happy, but he didn't doubt by the look in the Dark Lord's eyes that Dumbledore would get to see the inside of azkaban. Though before he could ask, a flash of flames filled his vision.

Harry startled, heat brushed past him and Sirius let go of his shoulders with a yelp. Feeling a new weight land on his shoulder, he turned his head and saw Fawkes was now sitting on him. Eyes widening he looked at the bird, fawkes was probably not long of a burning day judging by the worn look to his feathers.

"Hello," he said lightly, smiling softly as the firebird trilled excitedly, rubbing his face against his cheek.

"Harry, son, light of my life, why is Dumbledore's phoenix snuggling up to you?" Sirius asked, eyeing the bird with suspicion.

Harry shrugged one shoulder, the one not holding the phoenix, "I don't know," he honestly admitted, carefully running a hand down the bird and relishing in the happy trills.

Marvolo eyed the bird for a moment, "have you met it before?"

"Him," Harry corrected, "and not really, at least not recently," he said, sending a look at Marvolo.

///

With all that had happened, it wasn't surprising that many students ended up leaving early, therefore that Harry woke up in his own bed rather than his dorm room one wasn't shocking, that he awoke arms around him though was.

Turning his head Harry let out a breath as he saw the sleeping face of his mate. It took him a moment to remember how they ended up like this...

///

"We will come in tomorrow and give our statements," Sirius promised the aurors as he guided Harry through the floo. Fawkes had eventually flamed away, though not before nuzzling the curly haired teenager multiple times.

Stepping out into Malfoy manor Harry looked around and smiled, Draco and Blaise were already waiting for them with Narcissa.

"Harrison darling," the older woman greeted, eyes tracing over him in search of harm.

"Aunt Cissa," Harrison greeted

"I trust you're well?" She asked

Harrison nodded, stepping further into the room to avoid any collisions with the rest who would be joining them.

"I always knew he was mental but that he would try something like that..." Blaise muttered, standing and giving Harry an uncharacteristically soft hug

Harry stilled at the embrace before returning it, "cornered dogs often act out."

Draco chuckled, but Harry could see the worry in his eyes, pulling away from Blaise. He offered his arms to the blonde, who paused only for a moment before embracing him.

"I thought you were going to die when I heard him," Draco admitted quietly.

"And leave you all alone? Never."

Draco nodded, tightening his arms briefly before pulling away.

A flash of green pulled Harry's attention as Sirius and Lucius stepped out, followed by Marvolo. Seeing them together made Harry smile.

"Mr Zabini, will you be with us for the rest of the holiday?" Lucius asked.

"Mama is unfortunately not available this year, she's in mourning."

Lucius nodded, a small smirk appearing in his face, "I see, my condolences."

"I shall convey them to her," Blaise replied.

"Perhaps it would be best if you boys retired for the night, after all of the excitement I'm sure you're tired."

Draco sent his father a betrayed look, but knew better than to argue. Nodding, he sent a look to Harry, "are you joining us Harrison?"

Harrison considered it but shook his head, the thought of being away from Marvolo didn't sit right with him.

After the two teenagers had left the adults seemed to relax.

"What's going to happen now?" Harry asked, unsure how the ministry would proceed.

"Dumbledore will be put in a secure ward at St. Mungos while they work out what is wrong with him and eventually, if he is deemed fit enough, he'll be given a trial," Lucius said, passing glasses of whiskey out to everybody, including Harrison, though that glass was notably smaller.

Harry nodded, accepting the glass with grateful surprise, "it was the leech," he told the crowd.

Sirius shuddered, "I still can't believe he would do such a thing," seeing the looks sent his way he quickly added, "well I can, he's a monster, but still to do it to somebody loyal..."

"The man is insane, and as we've all seen, insane lords tend to not care for their followers."

Sirius snorted at this, causing Harry to Harry roll his eyes. Though before he could say anything else he let out a yelp as stinging hex hit his backside, turning his head, he glared at his soulmate who was now lounging on a loveseat twirling his drink. "Rude," he exclaimed before moving to join him.

Marvolo smirked as Harrison joined him in his chair, relishing in their closeness, "I'm an evil Dark Lord, what do you expect?"

Harry shook his head, sipping at his glass again, enjoying the burn, "I wonder what will happen with ronald..." he mused.

"Ronald?" Marvolo questioned, though everybody tuned in with interest.

Harry realised he hadn't said anything to them yet, "the scars from the attack would have been horrific, we all saw the first task, yet tonight he appeared for the first time in public, and he was as he had always been. It was clear he was wearing a glamour but where he got a charm or how he's powering it..."

The adults exchanged glances, "surely he wouldn't..." Narcissa muttered, "the boy is a child."

Harry let out a dark chuckle, "Albus has never let that stop him." Mind filled with the horrors he had endured thanks to Albus Dumbledore.

Marvolo tightened his grip on his mate and allowed his magic to come out surrounding them while offering him as much comfort as he could when surrounded by others.

Severus too felt his grip tighten on his glass as he remembered his own childhood and suffering which had been ignored by the headmaster.

Narcissa looked at the men around her and saw that most had haunted looks in their eyes, "he will get what is coming to him," she vowed.

Hearing this Harry offered the woman a smile, "he will.

"What will happen to Molly now that the leach has broken?" sirius asked

Harry tilted his head, leaning back into Marvolo's arms he mused allowed, "I don't know, for certain but I do know that leech magic is delicate, the process of removing leeches is similar to removing magical blocks I believe. Which from what I remember, is an extremely dangerous task, which is both slow and painful..." Harry closed his eyes as he remembered the ritual he had undergone before he had returned, the pain had been the worst he had experienced and considering he had been tortured under the cruciatus curse multiple times said a lot.

Marvolo let out a hiss at the reminder that his mate had once had his magical core bound, "you're not wrong," he said after a moment. "Leeches are even more delicate than blocks, the removal of them even more delicate, if the process is too slow then they're impossible to remove, but if done too quickly they can kill."

Harry hummed, feeling the effects of the alcohol and the crash of his adrenalin starting to kick in, "I hope she's not dead."

"Oh?" Lucius asked, eyes drawn to the couple who didn't even seem to realise how intimately they were holding one another, not that it appeared romantic or sexual, but rather like they were extensions of each other.

"It would be too easy, I hope Molly lives and see's what is to come for her precious headmaster. That she lives to regret her actions, and see just what they cost her."

Sirius shivered at the dark tone, a part of him wanting to tell Harry that revenge isn't the way, but a different and larger part of him agreed, he had seen and heard what the so-called light side were willing to do. He refused to allow what had happened before to his son happen again, so when it came down to it, he would always pick Harry over them.

"I think it's finally time," Harry said, drawing everybody's eyes again.

"Time?" Marvolo questioned.

"Tonight Dumbledore showed the world his true colours, he opened Pandora's box... there is no return for him. No way he can hide this or lie his way out. Now is the time to add to his funeral pyre, before he had so much support, even with the evidence he would have wormed his way out, but now..."

"The gringotts results?" Sirius asked, thinking of his own which had been shocking.

Harry nodded, "he can't hide from what he has done to us."

Marvolo felt a thrill of delight run through him at the words, "to watch my enemy, who built himself up fall so low... what a gift you've given me darling."

Harry downed the last of his glass, before responding, "it was more a gift for myself, that you benefit is just an added bonus."

Marvolo laughed for a moment before reaching for his raven's hand and bringing it to his lips for a kiss, "and what a bonus it is."

Sirius watched them with wary eyes, he knew Harry was growing up but he was still his pup. Severus saw the mixed emotions and reached out to the former gryffindor.

"Don't," the potions master cautioned quietly, so only the two of them would hear.

Sirius let out a breath, "he's my son."

Severus looked at the pair, together they were mesmerising, cold beauty and power rolled into one, a combination that was deadly and intoxicating. "He is... But he is also a lord of magic in the making in his own right..."

Sirius sucked in a breath, he knew Luna joked and he had to but he hadn't considered it... not truly... yet looking at Harry now, he couldn't help but see it.

Marvolo felt his little raven's body grow heavier and stood, picking him up ignoring the shocked looks of the others in the room. Cradling his little mate, he made for the doors.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked as they left the room, eyes half lidded with sleepiness.

"You're half asleep," Marvolo replied.

Harry nodded, "and you are carrying me because?"

"It's time for you to go to sleep."

"I don't disagree, the whiskey on an empty stomach plus the adrenaline had made me crash, yet that doesn't explain why you are carrying me."

Marvolo didn't answer and instead they walked until they reached the rooms assigned to Harry whenever he stayed with the Malfoys.

"I almost saw you die tonight..." Marvolo finally whispered, parseltongue being used to hide the vulnerable words as he closed the door to the room behind them.

Harry felt a jolt go through him, he hadn't realised, or rather had not thought about how Marvolo would feel after Albus had tried to kill him, suddenly feeling energised, he twisted his body, forcing Marvolo to stop or risk dropping him. Now facing his mate, with his arms and legs wrapped around him, and their faces level, Harry brought a hand to Marvolo's cheek, ensuring he had eye contact he allowed his emotions to shine as he said, "I'm sorry."

Marvolo jolted at the raw emotion Harrison put out, "I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to you."

"Nothing will happen to me."

"I know that you're powerful. Immortal... but seeing you in danger, you can't leave me. You're mine"

"Forever," Harry promised, before giving into temptation and kissing his soulmate.

Marvolo relished in the kiss for a moment before slowly bringing it to a stop. Harry let out a whine, and seemed to instinctively chase after his lips for a second before opening his eyes. Seeing the question in them, he spoke. "You're my soulmate, and one day I will kiss you like you've never been kissed before, but not tonight. You're tired and probably half drunk and most importantly, too young."

Seeing the fire in the green eyes he added, "I know mentally you're older but physically you're 14. As much as I enjoyed it, it can't happen again anytime soon."

Harry let out a breath, "I know, but I don't regret it."

"Nor do I."

Burying his face in his mate's neck, Harry took a moment to breathe and remind himself that 18 months would pass by quickly, "stay with me tonight?" he asked.

Marvolo tightened his grip on his mate, "you are testing me tonight little one," he admonished lightly.

"Please, I will sleep better with you there," Harry admitted.

Marvolo couldn't fault that logic, "then I will stay."

///

Sirius downed his drink and reached to refill his glass as the dark lord carried a half awake Harry from the room.

"I know it's hard for you, but their relationship hasn't reached that point yet I believe," Severus told him.

Sirius grimaced, "yet."

Severus rolled his eyes, "I know for a fact that by your fourth year you were sneaking into broom cupboards and alcoves with anybody who would spare you the time of day."

"Yes, but it was different then..."

Severus raised an eyebrow, "oh?"

"They were not significantly older than me, nor were they the bloody Dark Lord."

Severus mentally conceded a point but, "the Dark Lord would never do anything to hurt Harrison."

Sirius sighed, "I Know, but he's still a child... a powerful and brilliant one, but still a child."

"Seeing him grow up is hard, but you have to let him."

Sirius huffed, "when did you become an expert?"

"I've had to deal with more than one anxious parent in my time."

"Old snakes get anxious about baby snakes?"

"As shocking as it might be to you cousin, we love our children," Narcissa said, reminding the two men that she and Lucius were also still in the room.

"I know that Cissy, though I still find that hard to believe about some people."

Shaking her head, Narcissa stood, "I think it's best we follow the Dark Lord's example and retire for the evening. Tomorrow will no doubt be a hectic day."

///

Breakfast that morning was quieter than usual, which Harry put down to the fact that Marvolo was sitting next to him, and that the former inmates from Azkaban had also decided to join them, much to the horror of Blaise.

"Tell me again how he looked being carted away?" Bellatrix asked Draco, who looked more amused by her antics than scared.

"Like the washed out has-been that he is," Draco recalled, now that the fear over Harry had passed he could relish in what was clearly a great victory for the dark.

Bellatrix cackled, drawing a shiver from Blaise, who was studiously trying to act as though nothing out of the ordinary was happening around him.

"We will have to go in and give our formal statements today,'' Sirius mumbled, eyes half closed as he sipped heavily from a cup of black coffee with an unhealthy amount of sugar.

Harry nodded, "we should, i also want to know what's happening with Dumbledore, if they've found the leech yet."

Harrys words seemed to knock Blaise out of his stupor as he looked up, "what happened to Weasley?"

"Weasley?"

"Ron, he had a glamour on... with Dumbledore bound, do you think it failed?"

The words made Harry still, he had forgotten about Ron's seemingly healed appearance last night with everything else that had happened. He hadn't heard anything, but then again, most students had been herded out of the room by staff by that point. Ron also had a leech attached to him... Harry shuddered. He might loath the boy, but a small part of him would always remember his first friend. It may have been fake, but for years Harry had thought of the redhead as a brother.

"Hopefully that's all it did," he replied.

///

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

683K 20.9K 73
Dumbledore proclaimed Rosina "Rose" Lillian Potter the "Girl-who-lived" and sent away her brother Hadrian "Harry" James Potter the real boy-who-live...
166K 4.8K 16
After the War Harry Potter discovers lies and deception of his friends and family. Tiered of the wizarding world he moves away to a small town in Ame...
11.5K 529 7
Harry finds Salazar Slytherin's old study, and apon talking to the portrait of the old Hogwarts founder, Harry learns a few new techniques when it co...
42.6K 1.5K 57
This is going to be set in the summer before fifth year at Hogwart's. Harry had always believed in Dumbledore and never doubted him that is until he...