Your Esoteric Story: A Work o...

Av aaaki-kun

[yeah, as u guessed, this ones goin on hiatus.] Commissioned by a particular author to illustrate the cover o... Mer

1st stroke
2nd stroke
4th stroke
5th stroke
6th stroke
7th stroke
8th stroke
9th stroke
10th stroke
11th stroke
12th stroke
13th stroke
14th stroke
august 3rd special
15th stroke
(extra) art dump
(extra p.2) art dump

3rd stroke

1.4K 112 58
Av aaaki-kun

[The main scenario has arrived.]

[Prove your value.

Survive the onslaught of monsters and escape to Oksu Station.

Category: Main
Difficulty: E
Time limit: 40 minutes
Reward: 300 coins
Penalty for failure: Death]

"Monsters...?" As if responding to my call, all sorts of monstrosities started appearing through cracks of space in the intersection close to where I was. Despite this, I still had a bit of time.

I needed to quickly make a decision now. To go by car or foot. I thought for a second and dashed back into my house to grab caffeinated drinks and water, and some protein bars. This should be enough to keep me alive for a week. My stomach would be empty most of the time, sure, but I'm plenty used to that. As long as I had water, I could survive up to a month in this world.

I was going on foot. Objectively saying, a car is definitely faster, but I don't have a constant 360° view of everything, and it'd also be hard to get in and out of. My second-hand car is also a bit old, so it creates noise and the last thing I want is to pull aggro to me. I discarded anything I didn't need for this apocalyptic setting. I threw my keys and wallet but hesitated at my art supplies.

I guess I'll keep them for now...

[You have received an exclusive attribute.]

[ A skill slot has been unlocked.]

Time was ticking, so I had to leave now. I began jogging to conserve my stamina. Escaping this place had the priorities, so I'll check my attribute window later.

Dokja... Gilyoung... I hope they're okay...

I tried staying close to areas where it'd be hard to see me, but I heard a few scuttling taps on the ground and screeches that followed. I turned around to see a few ground rats chasing me. They must have sniffed me out. I had no weapon, and I, in the rush, forgot to grab a kitchen knife or something similar. The closest thing I had was a palette knife, which wasn't too sharp.

Still, anything was better than nothing. I ruffled through my bags to pick the sharpest I can find. In the first place, why were ground rats on the surface when they live underground?! The rats were slowly catching up to me. I gripped the handle tightly and hit any rats that tried to tackle me, but thankfully, they weren't that large considering they're supposed to be the size of full-grown pigs. They were only the size of dogs.

My stamina was running low, and the rats were behind me. I really wish I worked out more. I don't have any coins that I could allot to my stats, so I was stuck with no power-up. Even so, I decided to fight. There were about 10, which was way more than what I could handle.

Eventually, a gas station came into view. A perfect idea flashed in my head. It was dangerous to do, but it'll allow me to kill all the ones on my tail and create a diversion. I was a bit sad knowing I could have butchered and used their bones as a weapon, but I'd prefer to stay alive and well.

I swerved them and went into the store, grabbing a box of matches. There were also other supplies I could take, but I couldn't bear the leisure to do that now. The ground rats crashed into racks and the shelved items came tumbling down, burying them. That gave me a bit of leeway to rush to one of the petrol stations to unplug the gasoline pump and prep myself ready. After a moment of waiting, they broke the glass of the store and their chunky bodies ran full speed at me.

It was a bit frightening, to be fair, but I had to do this.

Timing the attack, I sprayed gasoline at the rats, which momentarily stunned them. I took this chance and threw the lit match at them. Needing to make it out quickly or else I'd be caught in the crossfire, I bolted out and ducked behind a dumpster for shelter. Large explosions ensued, and the gas station blew into a sea of flames.

[You have gained the achievement 'Arsonist'.]

[Your affinity with fire has greatly increased.]

[You obtained 500 coins.]

An achievement? And it gives me an affinity with something, too. I haven't seen this before. Is it because of one of my skills?

[You have killed a Ground Rat.]

[You have obtained 150 bonus coins.]

[You have killed a Ground rat.]

[You have obtained 150 bonus coins.]

[You have...]

Why did I gain extra coins? Was it because I was only meant to survive, not slay? ...Why is the system so uselessly nice to me? Something is strange...

I shot my head back to the sound of thundering footsteps. The loud noise caused a chain reaction with the other monsters, and they were all heading this way. I started running again. There were buildings collapsing and trees falling, so I had to expend much more energy weaving through them.

[You have obtained coins. Would you like a tutorial on coin usage?]

Skip. Invest 1000 coins on stamina.

[You have invested 1000 coins in stamina.]

[Stamina Lv.1 —> Stamina Lv.5]

[Stamina level has been enhanced!]

[Your physical durability has increased.]

I wanted to keep some coins just in case, so I only used half on stamina.

I was finally making my way to Dongho Bridge, the one that connects to Oksu Station after losing the monsters on my trail. I would have loved to kill some more for the coins, but I was running tight on the time limit.

[Time remaining: 11 minutes 39 seconds.]

I quickly checked my attributes window, in case there was something I could use in this situation.

[ Name: Sol Yeohan

Age: 31 years old

Constellation Support: None (One constellation is showing interest in you.)

Exclusive Attribute(s): Artist (Rare) The Betrayed (Rare) As Another Reader (???)

Exclusive Skill(s): [Creation Lv.1] [Retribution Lv.1] [Facade Lv. 1] [Intuitive Perception Lv. 5] [Conviction Lv. 3] [Cooking Lv. 9] [Superb Recollection Lv. 7] [Painting Lv. 10] 

Overall Stats: [Stamina Lv. 5], [Strength Lv. 1], [Agility Lv. 2], [Mana Lv. 1]

I stared at the panel in disbelief. These are the same exact attributes and skills 'Sol Yeohan' in the story, except for one strange attribute... Perhaps it had something to do with WOS? ...Well, then. This makes everything easier since I already have a good understanding of how his skills work. But, there was one constellation that was interested in me? What have I done so far? Aright, I blew up a gas station, but there shouldn't be anyone that is focusing on small fries like me. They should be all watching that person. 

...I shook my head. Let's focus on the present. When I regroup with Dokja, we can talk about this more in-depth.

Invest 500 coins on mana.

[You have invested 500 coins on mana.]

[Mana Lv.1 —> Mana Lv.3]

[Mana level has enhanced by a little!]

[Your mana has slightly increased.]

Tsk. After all that talk about saving coins... No matter.

Upon arriving by the water infested by large water snakes, I saw something I never wanted to see. Someone in a black coat was lifting him by the throat over the edge of the bridge. 

notes:

- Sol Yeohan is actually really protective of Dokja like one w■uld of a younger sibling, altho■gh it's closer to a mot■er and their ch■ld. This relat■■nship still contin■es in Dokja's la■e 20's.

- It is the s■■e with Gilyou■g. He sp■ils t■■m a l■t.

- ...

- ■■■ a■■ ■ou ■■■ll ■e■■?

- ...

- ...

- ...Ahem. You shouldn't be reading this. Leave at once.

- ...

- ...?

- What do you mean no? You dare defy...

- ...

- ...Only reading? Nothing else?

- ...

- ...To appreciate Yeohan...

- ...

- Alright. I can at least let you do that much.

- Memorize this. The day you dare lay one filthy hand of yours on Sol Yeohan will be the day you cease to exist. Understood?

- ...

- Good.

- ... 

- Anyway, I hate that man.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

331K 12.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
426K 28.9K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
211K 10.9K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
97.7K 3.4K 34
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...