Aruden One-Shots

the-epic-potatoes

Basically, the title. A bunch of Aruden One-shots. Maybe some other ships too. Highest rankings: #3 in potat... Еще

Hello!
The Sparring Session
Valentine's day
Halloween Dance🎃
Mistletoe🎄
The Gala: Part 1
Hanaki AU🌸
The Gala: Part two
Rollerskating
The Gala: Part Three
My take on Aiden's perspective on Chapter 34 of the Nectar of Immortality
Just Wait and See
My Birthday Special!!!!!!!
OMG! BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
The Masquerade Singer (Trailer)
ARE MY EYES WORKING CORRECTLY?!?!?!?!?
WE NEED A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE THIS
Can we discuss this about Aiden's Aru Shah Wiki page for a sec?
Robin Hood AU Book Sneak Peek
Happy Birthday Aru!
The Gala: Part 4
PEOPLE WE GOT 3k VEIWS!!!!!
Friends? (Another Aiden POV)
The New Recruit (4k special)
Song of Death Potatoes React To Aru And Aiden Wiki Page
Lights, Camera, Action!
Author's Note
I Have No Sense of Single-Tasking...😶
Behind The Scenes/Bloopers of "Trapped in The Phantom Zone"
Another Life (2/3)
Soulmate AU!!!!!!
You know, just Aiden being obsessed with Aru

Another life (Part 1/3)

602 3 3
the-epic-potatoes

A/N: This is based on a KOTLC fanfic I read before. Basically, Aru has been brain washed and has a pretend life, that she doesn't know is pretend, with the Sleeper and Kara. To her, she's been with them her whole life, but she hasn't. This takes place after The Tree of Wishes, when Aru gets taken.

A bit of cursing from Aru.

ARU complained to her sister "Gods! I'm so bored Kara!". "Well it's not my fault Dad hasn't assigned us a mission yet!" Kara retorted. "But still! You have any books that we haven't already read?" Aru asked. "Nope! We've read the whole shelf," Kara replied. 

"I'm so boreeeeeeeed." Aru said, shaking her sister by the shoulders. "That's not my problem," Kara responded. "But it is. If I'm bored, then I'm going to annoy you, which will be a problem for you," Aru pointed out.

"Carlos! What time is it?" Kara asked one of the henchmen. "10:00 p.m. ma'am," he answered. "Aru, come on, we got to go to sleep," Kara said, pulling Aru towards their shared bedroom. "Fineeeeeeeeee," Aru stretched out.

The siblings entered their room. "Hey Kawa?" Aru asked her sister in a baby voice. "Yesh Awu?" Kara said in the same voice, settling into her bed. "Do you ever wonder? Where everything in the universe came from? How did it exist?" Aru asked. "Go to sleep Aru!" Kara said, exasperated. "I'm hungry," she commented. "Then ask Raina to get you some food! I'm going to sleep!"' Kara almost shouted.

Aru got up and pressed the button next to the door. "Yes ma'am?" A voice called out. "Hey Raina. Can I get some Oreos?" Aru asked. "Coming right away ma'am," Raina answered. A couple moments later, a ding came through the speaker. Aru opened the door to get her Oreos, and went back into bed.

Snacking on her Oreos, Aru picked up her phone and plugged her headphones on. She turned on an audiobook she was listening to, The Red Queen.

"It all flashes before my eyes again, from beginning to end. Will's wagon. The Guard. Kilorn. The riots, the meetings, the secret messages. Maven's face swirls around in the memories, making him stand out against the fray, but Elara pushes him away. She doesn't want to see what I remember about him. My brain screams at the onslaught, jumping from thought to thought until my whole life, every kiss, and every secret, is laid bare before her,

When she stops, I feel dead. I want to be dead. At least I won't have long to wait,

"Leave us" Elara says, her voice cunning and sharp. The soldiers wait, looking to Cal. When he nods, they take their leave, departing in a din of clicking boots. But Arven stays behind, his influence still pressing down on me. When the march of boots fades away, the king allows himself to exhale.

"Son?" He looks at Cal, and I can see the slightest quiver in his fingers. But what he could possibly fear, I do not know. "I want to hear this from you,".

"They've been a part of this for a long time," Cal mutters, barely able to say the words. "Since she came here,".

"Both?" Tiberias looks away from Cal, to his forgotten son. He looks almost sad, his face pulling into a pained frown. His eyes waver, reluctant to hold his gaze, but Maven stares right back. He will not flinch. "You knew about this, my boy?".

Maven nods. "I helped planned it,".

Tiberias stumbles, like his words are a physical blow. " And the shooting?"

"I chose the targets," Cal squeezes his eyes shut, like he can block all this out.

Maven's eyes slides past his father, to Elara, who stands close by. They hold each other's gaze, and for a moment, I think she's looking into his thoughts. With a jolt I realize she won't. She can't let herself look.

"You told me to find myself a cause, Father. And I did. Are you proud of me?"

But Tiberias rounds on me instead, snarling like a bear. "You did this! You poisoned him, you poisoned my boy!" When tears spring to his eyes, I know the king's heart, no matter how small or gold, had been broken. He loves Maven in his own way. But it's too late for that. "You've taken my son from me!"

"You have done that yourself," I say through gritted teeth. "Maven has his own heart, and he believes in a different world as much as I do. If anything, your son changed me,".

"I don't believe you. You have tricked him somehow,"

"She does not lie,"

Hearing Elara agree with me rips my breath away.

"Our son has always thirsted for change." Her eyes linger in her son. She sound afraid. "He is just a boy Tiberias,"

Save him! I scream out in my head. She just hear me. She must.

Next to me, Maven sucks in a breath, waiting for what could be our doom.

Tiberias looks at his feet, knowing the laws better than anyone else, but Cal is strong enough to meet his brother's gaze. I can see him remembering their life together. Flame and Shadow. One cannot exist without the other.

After a long moment of silence, the king puts a hand on Cal's shoulder. His head shakes back and forth, and tears track down his cheeks into his beard-"Bing! Rang from Aru phone, promptly stopping the audio book. "What dare interrupt me!" Aru whispered threateningly. It was a text message?

Hi

That what had interrupted her from the tensest part in this book!

Who the fuck are you?!?

Aru was mad. Like, literally! They just interrupted her from her book! It's illegal!

After a few moments, they replied.

Call me Aiden

Aiden? That name sounded familiar. From where exactly, Aru's mind could not process.

Y r u texting me?

Aru had a right to know. There was a (probable) random stranger texting her, who also interrupted her from her book!

Well, I don't really have an answer for that Shah

What the actual fuck! Did he just call her 'Shah'?

How the fuck do you know my last name?!?!

Let's just say I'm an old friend

That is so not a good reason!

How do I prove it to you?

Tell me something only I would know

Uhhhhhh
On one of your birthday parties
No one came,
so, your mom said.
that she accidentally threw away all the invitations
The truth was that no one actually wanted to come.

Okay, hold up! First of all, that's just sad! Second, how the fuck did this guy would this guy know her mom, whom she does even remember herself! No! That's like, absolutely impossible!

You must be mistaken
I don't remember my mom
Much less to spend a birthday with her

What happened to you Shah?

I'm sorry, I barely know you!
You can't be saying that

You have to listen to me

Uh, no I don't Aiden. No I don't,

Where are you?

Have you never heard of the phrase "Stranger Danger"
Yeah. It's a real thing
I'm not about to just give you my location like that
You're cookoo

Then let's not be strangers!

And how's that supposed to work!?!

We'll get to know each other

It doesn't just work like that!

"Aru! Why are you still awake? It's been like hour since you finished your Oreos!" Kara complained. "Fine! I'm going to sleep!" Aru said.

I gtg. I'll talk to you tomorrow

Why did Aru just text that?!? She just guaranteed another terror text situation! Aru sighed and put her phone down next to her on her nightstand.

"Why'd you just sigh?" Kara asked. "What?" Aru asked. "You just sighed. You're annoyed Aru. I've known you your whole life. I know what and how you feel. Tell me what's going on,".

Aru rolled her eyes as she came up with the perfect lie. "You interrupted me during the literally worst time you could have interrupted me!". "I if had, then you would still be listening to hear what you were listening to earlier. I know you Aru. You can't hide stuff from me,".

Aru faked a snore. She knew it worked when Kara sighed and shuffled back into bed.

Maybe I can't hide things from you, but I sure can lie things from you. Wait- that sounded so weird. You know what- I need to stop talking to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AIDEN hadn't thought texting Shah would work, but as soon as she replied, he had woken up all the Potatoes.

"Ughhhhh. Why'd you wake us up at 10:00 in the night Ammamma?" Brynne complained as she walked into the living room. They all were staying at the museum while they were searching for Aru.

"So, I tried texting Shah's number, for some reason, and she replied!" Aiden said quickly. Mini perked up, Brynne's eyes widened, Nikita's lips parted slightly in shock, and Sheela smiled knowingly. "Does that mean we'd be able to dream-walk?" Nikki asked. "I don't know! I don't think she's asleep!" Aiden answered. "Well, what did she say?" Brynne asked. Aiden showed them the text.

Who the fuck are you?!?

"That's definitely Shah," Brynne admitted. "Text back!" Mini said. "What do I say?" Aiden asked. Nikita grabbed the phone and texted Aru.

Call me Aiden

"Really? 'Call me Aiden'? A bit mysterious there," Brynne said. "Well, we couldn't leave her hanging there!" Nikita retorted.

Y r u texting me?

"Well, she didn't notice, at least..." Mini tried. "Text her back!" Brynne rushed. Nikita paused, and Aiden took the phone out of her hands.

Well, I don't really have an answer for that Shah

"That was possibly the worst thing in the world to text," Brynne told Aiden. "Well, you're not the one texting, are you?" Aiden shot back at her. Brynne took the phone from him and read Aru's text out loud.

How the fuck do you know my last name?!?!

"I mean, she's not wrong..." Brynne said. Aiden elbowed her. "Just text her back!"

Let's just say I'm an old friend

"And you said I was mysterious!" Nikita exclaimed. "Well, this is a bit rushed! I'm just texting the first thing that comes to my mind!" Brynne defended.

That is so not a good reason!

"Gimme the phone!" Mini said. Brynne handed her the phone.

How do I prove it to you?

"I think Mini is the only person who's good at texting here," Nikita decided. "You have to pretend to be Aiden!" Sheela added.

Tell me something only I would know

"Uhhhhhhh, Oh! I got it!" Mini exclaimed as she quickly typed in answer.

Uhhhhhh
On one of your birthday parties
No one came,
so, your mom said.
that she accidentally threw away all the invitations
The truth was that no one actually wanted to come.

"Uhhh, Mini, no offense or anything, but if Aru doesn't remember who Aiden is, you think she would remember this?" Brynne said unsurely. "Maybe it will remind her," Mini said hopefully.

You must be mistaken
I don't remember my mom
Much less to spend a birthday with her

"Yup. There it is." Nikita said. Mini sighed "She probably doesn't remember anything!". Aiden took the phone again.

What happened to you Shah?

"That was a dumb thing to say," Brynne commented. "I don't see you trying to do anything!"

I'm sorry, I barely know you!
You can't be saying that

Aiden quickly typed in a response.

You have to listen to me

"A little desperate there Aiden," Byrne commented. Aiden scowled at her.

Uh, no I don't Aiden. No I don't,

"She's not wrong," Mini said. Brynne grabbed the phone from Aiden again.

Where are you?

"You said I was desperate. Now you're just demanding," Aiden said.

Have you never heard of the phrase "Stranger Danger"
Yeah. It's a real thing
I'm not about to just give you my location like that
You're cookoo

Then let's not be strangers!

And how's that supposed to work!?!

Aiden grabbed the phone again.

We'll get to know each other

It doesn't just work like that!

"Oh gods, uh, what do I say?!?!" Aiden panicked.

I gtg. I'll talk to you tomorrow

Aru had texted it before they could reply to her text. "That means we can text her again tomorrow!" Mini realized. Aiden's eyes widened.

They were going to get Shah back.

A/N: So we have Aru who has no memory of the Potatoes, and then the Potatoes, who are playing hot potato with the phone. No pun intended.

I hope you like this small part of a three part series.

Word count: 2132 ( Longest one shot so far in this book)

~V

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

116K 1.2K 40
Major spoilers for all the books. There is an unfortunate lack of Aru Shah fanfiction on the Internet, so I decided to write my own. A lot of Aru x A...
191K 3K 91
Kaulitz twins one shots/imagines <3 •English is not my first language so please be patient <3•
Aru Shahness ABMASNR

Боевик

17.5K 92 23
Stuff w/ aruden, mini+rudy, hirynne, you get the gist. Keep on keeping on.
10.7K 139 43
Aru Shah only wanted to get college over with. That's it. Seriously though, who else thinks that having to deal with more school after college is mes...